PDA

View Full Version : Infinity The Best Class/Race combo

Lolitron
Jan 14, 2011, 10:08 AM
What do you think will be the overall "best" Class/Race combo in the end game?

Please describe why you think so as well.

For the poll, please select the race you think will be best and then select the class you think will be best (12 option limit :().

EDIT: Poll is messed up, can't figure out how to change it to allow multiple choices. Just select either the race or class you think will be best.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 14, 2011, 10:12 AM
Casts. Hail to the supremacy!

I could also say that beast women are the best, but there's no option for that...

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 14, 2011, 10:16 AM
Casts FTW.
I have used Casts in PS:P2,PS:P1 and PS:U.
But i want to vote for Hunter and Ranger too.
I also like Newmans.
Techs are strong but they are very boring i think.

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2011, 10:21 AM
I would imagine that Dumans may push back Humans in the end game, depending on their support abilities. Given that they have boosted stats in all the offensive aspects, they may take a strong tier.

That is, unless Infinity actually turns things around and makes defensive stats a bit more useful in the end game. If the end game turns out to be an *all out* power DPS thing, I would suspect the balance to be thrown out of whack. One of the reasons why I kind of wish they totally finalized balance in terms of support and defense aspects of the game before they went ahead and added yet another race to the mix. One for which I'm not sure why necessary when Humans and Newmans already existed.

BIG OLAF
Jan 14, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'm sure Vanguard will continue to be incredulously overpowered (I'll still be Hunter regardless), but as for race, no idea. But, I know I'll have a Beast and a Dewman, seeing as they're my favorites.

VorpalLord
Jan 14, 2011, 10:40 AM
Human Braver. 2nd would probably be Cast Hunter or Duman Force.

Too bad the poll is messed up.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 14, 2011, 10:42 AM
What is a Duman??

Mugaaz2
Jan 14, 2011, 10:46 AM
Cast / VA

Why cast over Newman? Compare stats at 200/50

__________HP___ATP__DFP__ATA__EVP___ TP___MST
NVA200:__1421__850__.375__403__675__1187__455
CVA200:__1608__991__ 456__472__553___871__377
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_________+187_+141__+81__+69_-122__-316_- 78

Cast is better in everything that matters except EVP. Considering your reincarnation points are a limited resource what are you gonna spend them on? My theory is EVP until you have enough to hit the invincibility breakpoints for Infinity difficulty monsters. After that it's basically all damage oriented. Since all the base char stats seem to be equally weighted it just comes down to who has the highest overall of the ones that are actually relevant, in which case Cast wins. Furthermore casts have the highest PP regeneration which is an ability that no other class can get, so even when it comes to PP they win out in the long run (Caveat:this may not be true in infinity)

Why VA? Because according to this:

All these are supposedly class specific so you cant unlock them and then use on another class

Hunters: ATK +40, Atk boost to knock down abilities, KD with shields
Ranger: ACC +20 , Boosts power of charge shots , faster charge
Vangrd: EVA +20 , Full burst bomber, +5 max level to all skills
Force: TEC+40 , Giresta grants Reversal ability, PP reduce on 2/3rd hit of tech chain

VA's have the best abilities. We have another skill that boosts bomb damage!!! (LOL!) and now with the +5 max to all skills we can buff to max as well. The EVA boost is a welcome addition as well. While other classes have nice unique abilities, how can any of them even remotely compare to bombs, let alone bombs that are even more powerful than before?

The only class I think may be able to compete in RA if Infinity missions are so difficult that you can only do it with ranges weapons, though I doubt this will be true. The new charge shots are pretty amazing and their ability to boost their power and speed may set them over the top. They still have the problems that they had against gun resistant enemies, but they look better than ever.

Hunter just seems like a VA without traps to me. Their stat boosts are fairly pointless, and their EVP is too low. VA's are close to them in stats anyways when you consider we will have lvl 25 shifta/deband and they'll be rocking level 10.

Forces were drastically improved, but I think that the point they started from was so far behind that it was all catchup. I'm no expert on them, could be entirely wrong.

Welp, thats my opinion.

VorpalLord
Jan 14, 2011, 10:49 AM
What is a Duman??

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-meet-the-dumans/

RenzokukenZ
Jan 14, 2011, 11:01 AM
The only class I think may be able to compete in RA if Infinity missions are so difficult that you can only do it with ranges weapons, though I doubt this will be true. The new charge shots are pretty amazing and their ability to boost their power and speed may set them over the top. They still have the problems that they had against gun resistant enemies, but they look better than ever.

Welp, thats my opinion.

Actually, most of the CSII, and maybe even the CSI, ignore range resistance. So a good chain + a CSII on a range resistant foe would see some drastic numbers.

Of course, that's when using a Cast :-D

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 14, 2011, 11:09 AM
Casts are the best.
Good Hunters.
Good Rangers.
Strong.
Good looking.
Cool.

BIG OLAF
Jan 14, 2011, 11:12 AM
Casts are the best.
Good Hunters.
Good Rangers.
Strong.
Good looking.
Cool.

But, very little clothing options. That's what turns me off of them (unless I make a Ranger).

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 14, 2011, 11:14 AM
Little?
I think there are many Parts for casts.
At the moment i use the big Kakwane Costume. xDD

BIG OLAF
Jan 14, 2011, 11:19 AM
Little?
I think there are many Parts for casts.
At the moment i use the big Kakwane Costume. xDD

Let me revise myself: very little good clothing options for CASTs.

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 14, 2011, 12:08 PM
Let me revise myself: very little good clothing options for CASTs.

Hahaha, yes, this :-D I have a caseal and it's disappointing how some of the outfits, like the Happy Noel outfit, don't have a parts versions.

xBladeM6x
Jan 14, 2011, 12:15 PM
Beast Hunter. :3

TheToyDolls
Jan 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
<----- My answer would be quite obvious. Also, they work well with almost any class. I prefer Hunter, then Ranger, then VA, then FO.

|
|
V

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 14, 2011, 01:55 PM
<----- My answer would be quite obvious. Also, they work well with almost any class. I prefer Hunter, then Ranger, then VA, then FO.

|
|
V

Yes, HUcasts are just insane :-D Better than HUbeasts in my opinion for the better accuracy, HP and ability to fall back on gunning.

Blizz3112
Jan 14, 2011, 02:34 PM
Personally, Races... I see no difference in effectiveness. They all have their advantages and disadvantages and equipment that works best for their race individually...

Classes, however, are divided more and needed fixing in Infinity...

Shakuri
Jan 14, 2011, 02:52 PM
If EVP negation is useless against lvl 200+ foes with boosted stats, half of the draw to Braver (for a large portion of Braver players anyway) is gone. Then take into account that they'd need the absolute highest level Burst Bomber to be anywhere near their PSP2 incarnations Burst Bomber EX Trap damage and another draw is gone. Since against higher than cap enemies, EX Traps most likely aren't going to simply destroy everything that moves. None of this is certain, simple speculation, but it would seem to me that Braver will no longer be leagues above the other classes, even if it is still the "best".

It seems to me that everything has been balanced just fine. Some things currently seem a bit overpowered because we're playing a demo, against weak enemies. Everything will hopefully fit right into place when people start getting abused by enemies 50 levels higher than them with boosted stats all across the board.

Mugaaz2
Jan 14, 2011, 04:06 PM
If bravers can't hit EVP immunity don't see any reason not to play anything other than RA/FO

kongajinken
Jan 14, 2011, 06:38 PM
Forces since:

+mana is now basically bottomless for female newmans/humans
+easily build chains really fast on large groups
+dps for breaking a chain could be huge(not sure on this one I heard it some where)
+spells never miss so can just stack tp without worry
+better buffs
+better heals
+can rez with giresta(ability)
+very good EVA/MST
+nerfed traps
+nerfed over powered melee abilities
+cards&bows bullets cap at 30 now

Saphire089
Jan 14, 2011, 06:41 PM
And this is why I love forces. :D. My favorite race would have to be newmans, but I do like all of the races, although I am probably one of the few people who isn't as big of a fan of casts as others are.

TheAstarion
Jan 14, 2011, 08:51 PM
I read that Vanny doesn't get support +5 in their +5 to all attacks option. Rather, the post on PSUPedia specified Attack arts, bullets and attack techs. If it's everything though, then Vanguards are probably still going to pretty much rule the roost.

Otherwise, we're looking at CASTs with the fluge, either ranger for pure gun damage or vanguard for melee/range mixed DPS (though ranger is still okay in melee), both with burn EX traps to build their meter quickly.

After that, it's a toss up between Newman and Duman force. Duman has marginally more accuracy for the cards, which are so good with a wand that they're even viable on a newman ranger in regular PSP2. Newmans are that bit more survivable though, and have more PP and tech... it's all down to how the infinity blast is going to shape up at type level 30.

In fourth place is beast vanguard, still pretty good in terms of melee DPS, and with all invincible nanoblasts. Lacks the clout that a fluged CAST can swing around, but with a lv25 blade destruction, expect them to hit hard and fast as usual. With any luck, beast & newman vannies will be able to pass a mythical EVP threshold with all the top gear, slots and abilities stacked. If so, this might rate highest, with the newman being basically an invincible force.

Drawers
Jan 14, 2011, 09:32 PM
Ugh! I hate CASTs, they're so ugly! :|

I love Forces because they're new light Technic makes me think of Ray from ToS, they're smart, they look stylish in outfits that some would look so lame in, the new big hat hairstyle looks awesome for a female Force type, and that Sunriser madoog makes me think of Rouge from Power Stone. Those reasons alone makes Forces superior. >:D

Broken_L_button
Jan 14, 2011, 10:20 PM
Ugh! I hate CASTs, they're so ugly! :|

I love Forces because they're new light Technic makes me think of Ray from ToS, they're smart, they look stylish in outfits that some would look so lame in, the new big hat hairstyle looks awesome for a female Force type, and that Sunriser madoog makes me think of Rouge from Power Stone. Those reasons alone makes Forces superior. >:D

Overlooking that first sentence, I agree wholeheartedly with this pearl of wisdom. It is a well-known fact; style and fireworks > DPS and efficiency. I love being able to destroy an entire group of monsters by flipping a few pages in my book with a graceful rotation of my wrist.

But...If I want to look at this with the eyes of a min/maxer, I'd say Vanguard/any race would come out slightly on top of the other class/race comboes, simply because of the Ignite Arts ability (+5 to all offensive PA levels).

They might not be at an exact match with the other classes in their respective fields of expertise - Hunter will still be the best at melee with their own exclusive abilities+higher PA levels+higher ATP, same thing for ranger with shooting, and almost the same thing for Forces with psycho-arson, simply because of the sheer TEC difference -, but the fact that they can fall back on another style of combat, in which they are nearly as good as the best in that field, makes them come out on top when they are in situations when versatility is needed. Like when there are enemies with different resistances in the same spawn.

And then there's the rebirth thingo. Rebirth nullifies racial differences to a point provided you do it enough times. Yet, I doubt most people would cap all stats, let alone rise back to 200 again after rebirthing, or even raise all types to 50 (even though that's supposedly going to be easier now), so most people will most likely choose the path that provides the maximum benefits with the least amount of effort...Which is maxing out Vanguard's level just for the Ignite arts.

But then, there will most likely be those that will cap all stats with their character, completely nullifying the race factor. If the type's stat modifier combined with the value of the maxed base stats provides a large enough gap in performance between a vanguard and the other types in their respective specialities, then the advantage vanguards gain through their versatility would be much less apparent and all the types would be equal. If not, they'll utterly dominate.

There. Those were my two cents, with a higher percentage of copper than normal cents.

Fayorei
Jan 14, 2011, 10:26 PM
It's interesting that if the EVP Vanguard/Braver combo won't work anymore against higher levels that a Cast could be the best Vanguard.:) I'm no pro at the theory crafting though- but I guess Cast Supremacy won again?:P(Or would a Cast have to rebirth to get up the the same racial EVP boost?)

I really like the Newman/Braver-Vanguard combo though.

And I guess it needs saying, Beast Women Are Best!

BIG OLAF
Jan 14, 2011, 10:30 PM
Beast Women Are Best!

^This x100000. Followed closely by Dewman ladies.

xBladeM6x
Jan 14, 2011, 11:11 PM
Serious note. They're all pretty balanced to be honest. They are best at certain aspects in their own right, but looking for a definitive "best" is only going to cause drama unless people keep making a joke out of it, like they have so far. (Myself included)

Mugaaz2
Jan 14, 2011, 11:32 PM
Serious note. They're all pretty balanced to be honest. They are best at certain aspects in their own right, but looking for a definitive "best" is only going to cause drama unless people keep making a joke out of it, like they have so far. (Myself included)

This is just untrue. No system like this is ever balanced. There is always a best option. Sometimes it's by tiny margins and largely irrelevant, but based on the original game we know that this game was not balanced very well at all. The rarest of all possible outcomes in a video game is that everything is balanced, it's so rare that it's never even worth considering. You say each race / class is best at it's own aspect, true, but those aspects are not balanced and some of them are downright worthless. Even a Cast Hunter stacking defense doesnt make defense a good stat.

xBladeM6x
Jan 14, 2011, 11:54 PM
This is just untrue. No system like this is ever balanced. There is always a best option. Sometimes it's by tiny margins and largely irrelevant, but based on the original game we know that this game was not balanced very well at all. The rarest of all possible outcomes in a video game is that everything is balanced, it's so rare that it's never even worth considering. You say each race / class is best at it's own aspect, true, but those aspects are not balanced and some of them are downright worthless. Even a Cast Hunter stacking defense doesnt make defense a good stat.
My point was they're all good at what they do, and attempting to find "the best" just causes drama. Also, nothing in this game is broken like in PSU. In fact most everything broken with PSU is fixed in this game. You're right though, this game isn't 100% balanced, but it's close enough to where the possible slight imbalances are negligible at best. That's all there is to it.

Here's the way the formula is SUPPOSE to work by balancing standards.
Beast = Best Hunter
Newman = Best Force
CAST = Best Ranger
Human = Best Vanguard
Duman = Best on not any particular class, but when put in a "Wartecher" environment, they're the best at that.

If the game is different from that formula, then yes it's unbalanced on PSU's level of broken. But good thing is, this isn't the case.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 15, 2011, 12:59 AM
It's interesting that if the EVP Vanguard/Braver combo won't work anymore against higher levels that a Cast could be the best Vanguard.:) I'm no pro at the theory crafting though- but I guess Cast Supremacy won again?:P

Cast supremacy always wins. Cast are the best at any class you give them. EVA is no longer a concern since DEF and MND now scale properly in Infinity. So a DEF-Tank Cast Vanguard is legit. Techs have been given quite the buff so Casts will be able to make some hurt with them. Not that they never could. And Hunter and Ranger on a Cast are a given.

Face it. Casts rule. Even rappies agree as they enlist to the supremacy! (See: Rappy Machina)

kongajinken
Jan 15, 2011, 01:27 AM
Newman TP trumps cast TP

xBladeM6x
Jan 15, 2011, 01:56 AM
Newman TP trumps cast TP
I wouldn't take that post too seriously. He's just messing around.

I hope. :-P

RenzokukenZ
Jan 15, 2011, 02:03 AM
I wouldn't take that post too seriously. He's just messing around.

I hope. :-P

Yes...messing around...

>.>
<.<

xBladeM6x
Jan 15, 2011, 02:12 AM
Yes...messing around...

>.>
<.<
Uh oh. :wacko:

Mugaaz2
Jan 15, 2011, 09:43 PM
Cast supremacy always wins. Cast are the best at any class you give them. EVA is no longer a concern since DEF and MND now scale properly in Infinity. So a DEF-Tank Cast Vanguard is legit. Techs have been given quite the buff so Casts will be able to make some hurt with them. Not that they never could. And Hunter and Ranger on a Cast are a given.

Face it. Casts rule. Even rappies agree as they enlist to the supremacy! (See: Rappy Machina)

Whats this about DEF and MND in Infinity?

Wayu
Jan 15, 2011, 09:53 PM
It's scaled properly.

Still sticking to the EVP superiority. Newmans don't really need the rebirth EVP bonuses to get melee invulnerability, just cast Deband and poof, you're invincible. CASTs will need to rebirth several times in order to bring their EVP up. In the meanwhile, Newmans can focus on getting more damage without having to worry about EVP.

Also, dealing 6600 damage with an unchained Foie is nice.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 15, 2011, 10:00 PM
Whats this about DEF and MND in Infinity?

It scales properly now. In vanilla PSP2 DEF and MND were useless since enemy physical and magical attack strenght was way too high and DEF and MND didn't scale right to be able to withstand that. Hence why most people abuse EVA. Now it does, so it should make things easier for everyone.

Wayu
Jan 15, 2011, 10:01 PM
Orait. Newmans take hilariously low damage from techs.

150 from a Diga...lol...

1 from a Barta...

Those were on random Infinity missions at at least enemy lv. 140+.

-Wayu

FOkyasuta
Jan 15, 2011, 10:11 PM
At a standstill with a decision.

Yes...messing around...

>.>
<.<

Some one needs a chill pill.

Mugaaz2
Jan 15, 2011, 11:02 PM
It's scaled properly.

Still sticking to the EVP superiority. Newmans don't really need the rebirth EVP bonuses to get melee invulnerability, just cast Deband and poof, you're invincible. CASTs will need to rebirth several times in order to bring their EVP up. In the meanwhile, Newmans can focus on getting more damage without having to worry about EVP.

-Wayu

No one has any idea of whats needed for EVP on lvl 201+ infinity mobs. Also a single rebirth stacking EVP looks to be enough to take a cast to non reincarnated newman from the pics we've seen for how points are assigned.

One thing I'm wondering is if after you rebirth at 200 to unlock types to 50, if it's worth to level to 70ish over and over and then rebirth if the point system calculates based on your total levels.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 15, 2011, 11:09 PM
No one has any idea of whats needed for EVP on lvl 201+ infinity mobs. Also a single rebirth stacking EVP looks to be enough to take a cast to non reincarnated newman from the pics we've seen for how points are assigned.

One thing I'm wondering is if after you rebirth at 200 to unlock types to 50, if it's worth to level to 70ish over and over and then rebirth if the point system calculates based on your total levels.

Can rebirth effect pp number or regen rate at all? If not I'm seeing less reason not to just roll a newman/cast for the best pp gen rates

Ceresa
Jan 15, 2011, 11:34 PM
DEF and MND are still 5 points for 1 point of damage reduction. A token increase to base player stats and 149 and under enemy stats being lowered slightly doesn't mean the stats scale properly. It just means the irrelevant portions of the game are in easy mode and that 200+ is still a big unknown. Consider that enemy growth is not linear, and the biggest jumps are when the difficulty tiers shift.

Barring the ability to get hundreds and hundreds of def/mnd on a rebirth, it will be the last stat picked for team efficiency, if it's picked at all! Even a +200 to the stat is a laughable increase, but it becomes like nothing in those special missions with the best lewtz when the enemies inevitably get 2x attack boost like Magashi Plan or MAX.

And racial wise, the stat difference in a 200/50 Human Male Hunter and Female Newman Hunter is 255, or 51 damage. Between the weakest and strongest defensive force, the difference is 156, or 31 damage. By far the least important stat differentiation between races.

Fayorei
Jan 16, 2011, 03:02 AM
DEF and MND are still 5 points for 1 point of damage reduction. A token increase to base player stats and 149 and under enemy stats being lowered slightly doesn't mean the stats scale properly. It just means the irrelevant portions of the game are in easy mode and that 200+ is still a big unknown. Consider that enemy growth is not linear, and the biggest jumps are when the difficulty tiers shift.

Barring the ability to get hundreds and hundreds of def/mnd on a rebirth, it will be the last stat picked for team efficiency, if it's picked at all! Even a +200 to the stat is a laughable increase, but it becomes like nothing in those special missions with the best lewtz when the enemies inevitably get 2x attack boost like Magashi Plan or MAX.

And racial wise, the stat difference in a 200/50 Human Male Hunter and Female Newman Hunter is 255, or 51 damage. Between the weakest and strongest defensive force, the difference is 156, or 31 damage. By far the least important stat differentiation between races.

I think that's nice in a way. Because of that in a way, most people can play whatever race they want with whichever class, and then the min/maxers are happy too since they can find whichever class they want to perfect and combine a certain race with it.:) I think the nicest thing about PSU/PSP I found was the character customization, and a lot of people(including me) just want a certain look on characters.:D

Lolitron
Jan 16, 2011, 07:47 AM

o_O;? how?

Wayu
Jan 16, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'm not totally sure of this, since my system seems quite buggy, but it was on an A-Rank Booma from Fiery Onslaught. Since it was my NPC that did it (set her to Force for the heck of it) I probably mistook it for something else but I'm fairly sure it was that number...

BTW, Ryuhojido 34% :fire: was what she used. Can't remember abilities, but she had lv. 27 Shifta on as well.

-Wayu

Lolitron
Jan 19, 2011, 12:37 AM
Been playing with both Newman and Duman FO's.

So far, Newman FO is significantly better in everything for FO except for racial ability and raw melee damage on FO (lol). Newman PP pool is unlimited compared to Duman whose pp runs out in just 2 chain breakers.

Duman Blast for FO is pretty good IMO, but nowhere near good enough to compensate for sucking hard in normal combat. Hell it's hard to even say that Duman blast is even better than mirage blast.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 19, 2011, 12:49 AM
Methinks that if class level 21, 31, and 41+ all bring Infinity Blast perks like the drain you get from level 11+ , your opinion might change in future.

Haven't yet seen the drain ability myself yet, but it sounds like a godsend for a race that doesn't get invincibility and is defensively weak to boot.

Lolitron
Jan 19, 2011, 12:55 AM
The drain is nice. We'll definitely have to see how the higher type levels pan out. I think at some point in time, hitting things with your infinite blast will actually prolong your infinite blast (unless this is already the case?). Who knows, maybe you can run through an entire mission (after you blast) with your blast.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 19, 2011, 01:01 AM
Feels that way to me as well. Certainly, one of the first few times I activated it, it didn't seem like it would end as long as I was still dealing massive damage.

vagabondkitten
Jan 19, 2011, 01:16 PM
Newmans, always. They will always be my favorite race! (Due to me liking their cuteness, and preferring magic to melee.)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
Male Cast/Hunter. Dominates everything and everyone all day everyday 24/7 and is too cool for school.

FACE!

RenzokukenZ
Jan 19, 2011, 10:59 PM
Male Cast/Hunter. Dominates everything and everyone all day everyday 24/7 and is too cool for school.

FACE!

This. Oh god, this.

FOkyasuta
Jan 19, 2011, 11:06 PM

FACE!

U talken about meh?

Blizz3112
Jan 20, 2011, 06:28 AM
Newman Male/Hunter has a great balance and all its stats are pretty much Moderate or a little below/above...

Newman: HP C, ATK C, ACC A, TEC S, DEF C, EVA S, MND A, PP S PP-RR A
Hunter: HP S, ATK S, DEF A, ACC A, EVA B, TEC C, MND C (Gross Guess)

That equals: HP: A/B, ATK A/B, ACC A, TEC A/B, DEF B, EVA A/B, MND B, PP S, PP-RR A

Nothing below B, but nothing above A (except PP)... A very balanced character... ;-)