PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Infinity Missions - Making the point

Dark_Ansem
Jan 17, 2011, 07:47 AM
Can someone please explain again the infinity missions, according to what we know? things like number (and choice) of possible bonuses, type of enemies and fields available, if more than 1 boss is possible to add to a mission, if one can put a mini-boss halfway (like the npcs)...

of course not everything is out yet, so open to speculation!

EDIT: can you give your own name to the infinity mission?

funkyskunk
Jan 18, 2011, 06:47 AM
Infinity missions are not so much player created stages as in you do not place which enemies go where. It is more that you get a mission with a single area and a boss at the end then you can combine that mission with other missions.

For example:

Mission 1 : Snow Field - Boss1 (Boosted drop rate)
Mission 2 : Beach - Boss2 (Boosted exp rate)

Combining these 2 missions could give you possibly one of the following:

Snow Field > Beach > Boss1 (Boosted drop and exp rates)
Snow Field > Snow Field > Boss1 (Boosted drop and exp rates)
Beach > Beach > Boss2 (Boosted drop and exp rates)
Beach > Snow Field > Boss2 (Boosted drop and exp rates)

Of course this all seems to depend on which mission you used as the base mission. Not quite sure whether the areas that are selected are random or if there is something else in the mix.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 18, 2011, 06:58 AM
I thought they were more customizable, for example you could adjust length.
and you can add up to 5 special effects, isn't it?

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 07:00 AM
I believe the base mission chooses the stage and the second one chooses the boss.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 07:45 AM
^

That's right. The effects are a conglomerate of the missions as well as the monsters.

-Wayu

Dark_Ansem
Jan 18, 2011, 07:52 AM
yes, but we know we can have more than 1 type of enemy together. someone has suggested NOT to put together Stateria and SEED (possibly the 2 strongest lol)

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:05 AM
Yeah, that person was me.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
yes, but we know we can have more than 1 type of enemy together. someone has suggested NOT to put together Stateria and SEED (possibly the 2 strongest lol)

That's because those 2 are filled with big mobs (Svaltus, Dilzedian, Delbiter, Galvapas, etc)

There's the aforementioned, along with Enemies A, which I think are small enemies like Navals, and Enemies B, the bigger ones like Grinne Beta. I think the enemies that show up is dictated by either the map, or some other hidden attribute.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
maybe the system will get expanded in the final version. after all, if we can place minibosses and have 5 slots for bonuses (unless these slots can be used for minibosses or additional bosses too)

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:10 AM
There's four kinds of areas that I've seen:

Big enemy rape
Small enemy troll
Normal mix of the two
Surfboarders

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 08:15 AM
Surfboarders

-Wayu

Shizuru is in the beach now?

Personally, I'd rather take a wave of Svaltus/Svaltia than 4 Fire Lilies. With their neverending fire spitting.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:17 AM
Nice try, but no Shizuru.

Thank god.

I meant those apparently mechanical surfers that do nothing but repeatedly charge you over and over again with their infinite range crossbows.

-Wayu

Kirukia
Jan 18, 2011, 08:19 AM
Ugggh you mean those finijers or whatever?
*flashbacks to PSZ and crying in Arca*

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 08:24 AM
Nice try, but no Shizuru.

Thank god.

I meant those apparently mechanical surfers that do nothing but repeatedly charge you over and over again with their infinite range crossbows.

-Wayu

Those things? You're talking about those things?

I call them Axe food:grin:

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:25 AM
Whenever one starts charging me I spam Sazonde to knock it down.

Then I sick Serizawa on it >.>

-Wayu

Mike
Jan 18, 2011, 08:42 AM
maybe the system will get expanded in the final version.
It won't. You don't make your own missions, you combine missions.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 18, 2011, 08:44 AM
I didn't mean in a literary sense, I only say that we could get more control over infinity missions.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 08:46 AM
Nope, the only control we get is what map, what boss, what category of enemies, and what bonuses. All through fusion.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 18, 2011, 08:49 AM
ok. what about mission name?

Mike
Jan 18, 2011, 08:59 AM
ok. what about mission name?
No. The field and boss control the name.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
shame, was planning to recreate the "From the Depths" pso mission, as much as possible lol.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 20, 2011, 11:26 AM
is there any way to control length and difficulty of the mission?

Aurelia289
Jan 20, 2011, 11:28 AM
is there any way to control length and difficulty of the mission?

I'd like to know this as well, the infinity missions are a bit too short...

Dark_Ansem
Jan 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
considering that we have so many areas it would not be bad to mix'n'match some (I think Rykros+HIVE+PSO Ruins but that's just me :P)

or an Infinity Mission in the 2 Seabed Areas with Olga Flow at the end, since we can be pretty sure we'll have the code for said boss! true PSO homage!

EDIT: however, however, according to http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-infinity-missions/ there are only 8+ fields to put for Infinity missions. and we already know that they are NOT the areas associated with Clad-6 (we have seen Neudaiz and its cherry blossoms). we can only hope that SEGA powers up the infinity missions before the retail.

EDIT2: something about the fields is here. read at your own risk. I personally hope for some more improvement. SEGA, if you're reading, give us more control over infinity missions! miniboss slots for example! :P or more than 1 boss per mission!
http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=13914#p13914

EDIT3: hope Mewn from the PSUPedia gets a look at this thread :P