PDA

View Full Version : Anyone excited for Dead Space 2?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 17, 2011, 10:42 PM
I know I am. Gettin the Collector's Edition when it comes out. Hopefully it'll be cooler than the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collector's Edition I got (Harlequin in a box was neat...for a while). Heard the one for DS2 is supposed to get Isaac's Pulse Cutter. Wonder if it'll be some dinky trinket. Anyways, I'm just hyped for some awesome deep space funzies. Filled with Isaac's "Marker fueled mind trips" and stupid cheap environment deaths.

McLaughlin
Jan 17, 2011, 10:49 PM
That fucking tentacle still gets me every time.

Not normally one for horror games but I really liked Dead Space (atmosphere was fantastic), so I'm looking forward to Dead Space 2. Even if I have to play it during the day with the lights on.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 17, 2011, 11:00 PM
I remember the tentacle. There were certain weapons that were "suicide" using. Meaning that trying to kill one was just wasting ammo and time. Hopefully in the second there won't be any of those asteroid shooting sections. Those were a pain in my ass.

Palle
Jan 18, 2011, 02:11 AM
Thought the original was great, but I'm gonna pass on this one.

venn2010
Jan 18, 2011, 03:32 AM
I tried demo for first one long time ago. Somehow, its wonky camera threw me off, so I passed it. Did they fix that in second one?

Kylie
Jan 18, 2011, 03:45 AM
Never did play much of the first one, except the demo, but it's always interested me. I need to give it more of a try.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 18, 2011, 05:17 AM
I enjoyed the first Dead Space, as everyone said it was atmospheric, but not scary in my opinion. i won't get the second game. I'm tired of shooters, even though I normally prioritize horror's as they add a bit of a twist, but it'll just be more of the same and I'm preferring more free roam games atm to linear restrictive games. Although i'm sure it'll fall in price around summer or some such and i'll buy it cheap on PC.

I never see the appeal for collector's editions though, so much more money for gimmicks. Then again where I work I can often get exclusive content for free anyway without even getting the game xD One thing which was my fav was a Fallout 3 fully framed poster signed by the games designers, although that's not a collector's edition exlcusive that's just awesomeness they had 2 at work and I just pestered them into giving me one :P

Tifa

amtalx
Jan 18, 2011, 09:46 AM
HHHHNNNGGG! I am excite!

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I have the LE pre-ordered on Amazon, so it should be sitting on my doorstep next Tuesday.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 18, 2011, 10:12 AM
Nice to see that I'm not the only one that thought the first one was only ok. I agree the camera and controls were pretty bad. Maybe when the game goes to $20 in a few months like the first one did....

Split
Jan 18, 2011, 02:04 PM
Heard the one for DS2 is supposed to get Isaac's Pulse Cutter.It's the Plasma Cutter, not Pulse Cutter. It's just the default (and extremely handy) weapon from the first game, which leads me to believe that it either isn't in the regular edition at all, or that you just don't start out with it and don't get it until much later...

amtalx
Jan 18, 2011, 03:08 PM
It's the Plasma Cutter, not Pulse Cutter. It's just the default (and extremely handy) weapon from the first game, which leads me to believe that it either isn't in the regular edition at all, or that you just don't start out with it and don't get it until much later...

A couple weeks ago EA/Visceral revealed that you will be able to unlock the Plasma Cutter immediately if you have a save from the original Dead Space on your HD. It doesn't even need to be a completed game, any save will do.

However, I think the OP was talking about the Plasma Cutter replica that comes with the LE. From what I hear, it looks nice, but its not 1:1. Kinda like the Master Chief helmet that came with the LE of Halo 3, it wasn't really big enough to wear.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
Plasma Cutter. Where I got Pulse Cutter from is beyond me. But then again it does cut one's pulse if your know what I mean!

HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOO