PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Kokuintou Houzuki Trick???

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 18, 2011, 08:19 AM
Today i have received the Kokuintou Houzuki from the Orga Dyran.
But i how did i become the Unsealed Version?
Is there any trick?

I hope you can answer my question.

Kirukia
Jan 18, 2011, 08:21 AM
Kill 2000 enemies with it.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:24 AM
I recommend spamming Lightning Beasts C-Rank over and over again for kills. The first block has a ton of enemies. Kill everything, exit mission, reenter, repeat.

Extend it AFTER unsealing to get one of two weapons that can get lv. 5 effects. The other weapon is Twin Bamboo Swords, a DLC weapon for ¥300 in the JP version only.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 08:27 AM
And not just go into a mission and let NPCs kill. You have to kill 2000 enemies using that sword, and nothing else. It doesn't matter about what level they are either, so just go to a C-rank mission, preferably the tactical mission Roars of Flames, and spam it for kills.

Also, do not extend before unsealing it.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 18, 2011, 08:29 AM
Oh.
I have upgraded that sword to level 10.
But i havent used extend codes.
How do i get these codes?

Kirukia
Jan 18, 2011, 08:30 AM
You can get them through Challenge Mode, or through the DLC.

Fox2Tails
Jan 18, 2011, 08:31 AM
Extend it AFTER unsealing to get one of two weapons that can get lv. 5 effects. The other weapon is Twin Bamboo Swords, a DLC weapon for ¥300 in the JP version only.

-Wayu

Apparently, Miku's Leek Saber gets Lv5 effects too

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:32 AM
You can get 6 free Extend Codes from the DLC (3 from the Maximum Attack Exchange the first time you enter and once you complete a Maximum Attack mission 3 more are available from the Maximum Attack Cross Exchange).

-Wayu

natchu96
Jan 18, 2011, 08:40 AM
Are weapon grinds also more effective after unsealing? Cause I heard the apparently cost more.

Yes, my post has the same title as my last one. And thanks to Wayu (I think, Ami spoke first) and those other people on the screenshot thread who answered that one.

Mike
Jan 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
Are weapon grinds also more effective after unsealing? Cause I heard the apparently cost more.
There is no difference if you grind it before or after. The amounts you get if you grind after you unseal it fluctuate because of invisible decimal points so it's easier to go for the maximum attack value if you grind before you unseal it. If you're playing Infinite, the randomness of the grinding system is gone so it makes no difference either way.

Edit: You'll want to extend it after you unseal it though.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 18, 2011, 09:06 AM
Where can i see how many kills i already made with the S?word

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 09:09 AM
DON'T listen to Mike. If you extend BEFORE unsealing you only get lv. 1 effects, NOT lv. 5.

Come on Mike, you're the one that taught me that. Bad boy. :D

-Wayu

Mike
Jan 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
I didn't say extend, I said grind. But I suppose if you weren't familiar with the terminology it could sound like that so I added a bit to clear that up.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 09:14 AM
Oh. Whoops. My bad. Sorry Mike.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 09:29 AM
Oh. Whoops. My bad. Sorry Mike.

-Wayu

Maybe you should apolegize better with a rappy sandwich for good ole Mike?

Or your T. Hyori. One of those.

And since Infinity's grinds are different, then say I have 2 sealed KH, one that's fully grinded from PSP2 and the other that isn't grinded at all. When I grind the second one, will it end up with different stats than the first?

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 09:36 AM
Probably, since the random point addition is turned off.

I'll just buy him a spicy Rappy burger.

-Wayu

funkyskunk
Jan 18, 2011, 09:36 AM
Where can i see how many kills i already made with the S?word

You can't physically see the amount of kills, you just have to estimate where you are up to. Write it down maybe?

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 09:41 AM
What's this random point addition you two are mentioning? Each weapon in PSP2 had a set amount gained per grind. In this case, swords received a fixed 10 points per grind in PSP2.

In the US/EU version that is.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 09:51 AM
Not so in the JP version. It fluctuated between...can't remember for swords, but for T-Hyoris it bounced between +5 and +6.

-Wayu

RoxasNeval
Jan 18, 2011, 02:03 PM
If i switch weapons does the kill count go back to 0?

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 18, 2011, 02:06 PM
If i switch weapons does the kill count go back to 0?

I've switched mine, un-equipped it, put it in storage and even put it on different characters before and as far as I know since it still unsealed, none of that has any effect

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
As long as you kill 2000 enemies with that sword your fine. Just keep chopping. Yes you can switch out and do something different (but reminder if you kill an enemy with a different weapon it won't go towards the unsealing process) it will not, and I repeat, will not reset the kill count.

Mike
Jan 18, 2011, 07:57 PM
Not so in the JP version. It fluctuated between...can't remember for swords, but for T-Hyoris it bounced between +5 and +6.
Yup. It flucuateted based on rank and weapon type in the Japanese version. However, this is gone from Infinity and any weapon ground and/or extended will have it's stats changed when you import your save to Infinity. But this only matters for those playing the Japanese version.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:03 PM
There's only the JP demo out, you know ^^;.

Or maybe you're talking about importing from JP to demo, not US/EU to demo.

-Wayu

Mike
Jan 18, 2011, 08:19 PM
Or maybe you're talking about importing from JP to demo, not US/EU to demo.
That's what I meant. I'm not sure how the stats on ground weapons change (or if they even change at all) if you convert your non-Japanese save to the Japanese version and then import it.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'd imagine it would.

-Wayu

Broken_L_button
Jan 18, 2011, 08:25 PM
The weapons get weaker. The bonus given by grinding to 10 in the US/EU version are about 1-2 points higher per grind than those given in infinity.

Wayu
Jan 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
=/

That sucks.

-Wayu

Broken_L_button
Jan 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
Meh, a 10 point loss in total ATK/TEC for a weapon makes no difference, really; barely more than 2-5 damage depending on your PA's modifiers and your weapon's attribute rate. The variance in damage will make you unable to even notice the difference.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 18, 2011, 11:50 PM
Of course there are a few out there would lose their minds if they can't get the highest stats possible. You all know who you are.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 21, 2011, 07:23 AM
Yeah i finnally got the Unsealed.
Thanks for the tips.
But i dont use Swords now. xDDDDDD
I use a Saber and a Shield instead of a Sword.

Fthawe
Jan 24, 2011, 07:07 PM
How to get infinite?
Rank c enemies are the best way to unseal it, and the sword looks like a ghost.

BioWarrior
Jan 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
What's the best ability to put on it if you extend it? Finally took the time to unseal mine since swords are faster in infinity.

Wayu
Jan 24, 2011, 10:47 PM
Incap > Status Down (any of them) > Stun > Burn > Shock > Freeze > Sleep > Virus > Poison

That's my own personal preference.

-Wayu