PDA

View Full Version : Red Saber

Brave-Charm
Jan 18, 2011, 10:28 AM
Hello world, Does anyone know the drop rate of the red saber. I make at least one run everyday and still no luck, Any tips please help I want to relive my PSO dream. :(

Clavat99
Jan 18, 2011, 11:21 AM
It dosnt give the drop rates, but it does tell you where to find it, and pretty much everything else about the Red Saber.

http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=9&ver=1

Personally, i love my Stag Cutlery. Its the double sword that looks like Darth Mauls Lightsaber. So its basically 2 red sabers.

Brave-Charm
Jan 18, 2011, 12:45 PM
I had a Stag Cutlery in PSO but, I remember it only being for males it's nice twist all genders can use it now.:)

HeartBreak301
Jan 18, 2011, 12:48 PM
At least Red Saber isn't total garbage in PSZ like it was in PSO. It can hit two targets here at least.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 18, 2011, 04:38 PM
But Red Saber in PSZ is only a 4* rare with a 40 grind limit. It may be able to hit two enemies at once, and come with Draw Lv1, but it can easily come with no PA/percents, and be very unruly, and not the best weapon to wield if you're not extremely accurate in Hard or SH. :/

Anyways, as far as TC's qestion goes, best bet is on Normal if you're hunting the Red Saber, or maybe Hard... I think it might drop on Hard... as far as droprates goes, I'm willing to bet it's somewhere around the 1/250 droprate, maybe a little higher. It's not all that hard to get. Consider Lavis Kanon, with its somewhere near 1/10000 droprate, as foretold by the kill/drop ration this board's pretty much seen. The Red Saber is nothing compared to hunting it, and they're from the same enemy, only different difficulties. :|

HeartBreak301
Jan 18, 2011, 05:53 PM
Is it that weak? I was under the impression it was stronger. Regardless, it's still better than it's PSO counterpart.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 18, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'd beg to differ on that account as well. Red Saber, like all other Red weapons in PSO, had assininely high grind limits, and were capable of being quite powerful weapons, and most not being too hard to get either. The same kinda applies to PSZ's Red Saber, I guess, but only in the sense that PSO's Red Saber was, like all 10*'s, actually worth something and a LOT stronger than non-rares in that game. PSO had the rare=superiority factor for the most part, bar Mechguns,and Sabers, especially Red Saber, was no exception. I will wield my 25 Hit Red Saber max grinded around every now and again, if that's any sign, and I'm still in the process of unsealing a SJS.

(Also, Draw's procrate compared to the proc'ing of Red Saber PSO's Gush on specials is probably not to be mentioned on how much efficient PSO's weapons had it when it came to wanting elemental effects or special weapon attributes... Gush >>>>> Draw Lv1.)

HeartBreak301
Jan 18, 2011, 06:04 PM
I've always seen Red Saber as absolute garbage. A Red Sword would serve you much better, and if you just want single target damage almost any mechgun would do better than a Red Saber. There's a reason why they only sell for 1 PD, and hardly sell in the first place.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 18, 2011, 06:05 PM
Rare is as rare does. And besides, we're not comparing anything but the Red Sabers, so Red Sword and mechguns are pretty much moot. It's already painfully obvious PSO had no real weapon balances when it came down to it. Anyone with a pair of decent mechs could own anything on Ultimate. >_>

Tigus
Jan 18, 2011, 07:53 PM
I could just give it to you if you want to?

Tetris
Jan 18, 2011, 09:48 PM
I've got one as well that I can trade. It's got Draw Lv 1 and Cross Rave.

Brave-Charm
Jan 19, 2011, 12:09 AM
Wait the Red Saber was never trash on PSO if you max grind it. Well really I want to find it on my own its sorta one of my goals in the game, but if I fail horribly I shall trade, and thanks for the offers :)

leviayurashyguy
Jan 19, 2011, 11:21 AM
Let him dream. Let him find his own Red Saber.

Anyhoo, who drops it? i could've sworn i saw Dragon drop it on SH. Actually, i've gained more White sabers than Red Sabers

Chaos Rappy
Jan 19, 2011, 04:40 PM
Same here.

As for who drops it, just Eulids and the Blade/Heaven's Mother on Normal as far as I have seen/heard, but the guide here says Reyburn does too on Hard... personally, I would disbelieve it if I could have proof otherwise, but I think Reyburn only drops Blue Saber, of which is on Hard too.

Brave-Charm
Jan 19, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hmm that would be a good and bad thing.

Clavat99
Jan 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
If you want to know who drops it, go to the link i put on my first post. thats pso-worlds item guide for the red saber.

GCoffee
Jan 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
Ugh, checking the red saber page made me realize how false false false those drop charts are x.x
Good luck with the hunt, pal.

Brave-Charm
Jan 21, 2011, 12:05 AM
So I shouldn't fight Reyburn for it?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 21, 2011, 12:08 AM
No. Instead, you're MUCH better fighting off the common almost-every-room Eulids on Normal than a one-per-run Hard BOSS. I think the efficient answer's obvious.

Mustache
Jan 21, 2011, 12:09 AM
Edit: Nvm, Chaos beat me to it.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 21, 2011, 12:10 AM
A common misconception, Eulids do NOT, in fact, drop Blue Sabers. Only Reyburn on Hard and the Normal/Hard Blade/Heaven's Mothers do.

In fact, Blue Saber is the only of the coloured saber series they don't drop... how ironic. <.<

Brave-Charm
Jan 21, 2011, 01:03 AM
I found the Red Saber...:'( yay :)

Mustache
Jan 21, 2011, 01:04 AM
Congratulations.

Brave-Charm
Jan 21, 2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks, but no PA lol oh well it did'nt have one on PSO so I can't complain.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 21, 2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah, but some weapons in PSO had special effects... I miss Lavis's laser bolt. Substituting shooting a beam of light out of your blade with the ability to hit two enemies at once doesn't really quite make up for it. : /

MotleyKhon
Jan 21, 2011, 02:26 PM
I think the unique special effects in pso where the best bits about rare weapons in PSO, it was the little things like that that made the game so worth grinding.
Like Dark flow or lavis cannon. Not to mention heavens punisher (was that what the gun was called?) Its a real shame sega have been a bit lazy this time round. But it is really nice to see old weapons popping up, they bring real charm to the game.
Im level 60 and still using stag cutlery, because of all the fond memories it gave me in my dreamcast days :D

Clavat99
Jan 25, 2011, 03:13 PM
On my RAmar in my friends PSO, the best thing i have is a Blue-named sniper., and everything else i have is green named, so if its anything like the color codes in wow, i cant complain lol. My mag is only tier 2 though, which sucks. My PSZ HUcast would be like master chief on a grunt against my HUmar, though.

Bashin
Jan 25, 2011, 03:27 PM
I would give you my red saber if i could find a good wifi connection, i need internet back.. It has no % adds on it, but it has Draw lv1 and Cross Rave ^^;

Chaos Rappy
Jan 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
On my RAmar in my friends PSO, the best thing i have is a Blue-named sniper., and everything else i have is green named, so if its anything like the color codes in wow, i cant complain lol. My mag is only tier 2 though, which sucks. My PSZ HUcast would be like master chief on a grunt against my HUmar, though.

Blue-named? I haven't played PSO in quite some time, but I don't recall any blue-named equipment... I remember green-named weapons and armors being ones that had variances that made them better than normal, and yellow meant they were 9* or above, and all CAPS meant they were rare, but blue wasn't something I remember seeing...

EDIT: OH, and red names for S-Rank weapons, but still no blues...

Clavat99
Jan 26, 2011, 11:52 AM
Next time im able to get on that game, ill take pic and post it