PDA

View Full Version : Game XIII Versus 1st gameplay WILL PROBABLY BE PULLED SOON

Split
Jan 18, 2011, 05:39 PM
OH MY GAAHHHHHDDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0AU1eNSXk&feature=player_embedded

Seriously though, this looks pretty awesome. So rarely are games with good stories AND fun, stylish combat made, and this game looks to deliver on both fronts. Hurry and watch before it's taken down, and please discuss!

Rashiid
Jan 18, 2011, 05:41 PM
The interesting thing is, the success of this determines if there will be a Kingdom Hearts 3.

The first, and clearly foremost, is Kingdom Hearts III. Nomura said that development on this title is dependent on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Nomura is directing Versus XIII.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1079749p1.html

So, let's hope it hits off nice.

Kurono
Jan 18, 2011, 05:47 PM
Some of those cutscenes look Advent Children quality, some of them looked almost real in some scenes. Impressive.
Liking the look of the way some of the battles are set up too.

My. This is a day one purchase for me.

McLaughlin
Jan 18, 2011, 05:51 PM
The interesting thing is, the success of this determines if there will be a Kingdom Hearts 3.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1079749p1.html

So, let's hope it hits off nice.

Pretty sure that meant he won't do KH3 until Versus is done.

EDIT: And I think it'll be a commercial success, regardless of whether or not it's hit with critics.

Kurono
Jan 18, 2011, 05:53 PM

Yeah I thought that too, KH is too mainstream now to be ignored sequal wise.

BTW, the car scene at the start of the vid is so freakin realistic, almost real graphicaly lol

Rashiid
Jan 18, 2011, 06:02 PM

EDIT: And I think it'll be a commercial success, regardless of whether or not it's hit with critics.

That's what I was thinking as well since it would be the biggest kick in the nuts to just not do KH3. FFXIAH thought it was what I said at first, but meh. I agree though, I doubt this'll get bad reviews out the ass.

McLaughlin
Jan 18, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the people on the AH snack on lead paint chips. Listening to them is like letting a blind person dress you.

Palle
Jan 18, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hm, is it wrong that during the gameplay footage I focused almost exclusively on the character portrait tiles?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 18, 2011, 08:55 PM
Hopefully this will help boost Final Fantasy's image. After the dismal (although highly rated) affair that was Final Fantasy 13 and the disgustingly horrible Final Fantasy 14 it needs a good image. Thankfully after seeing the new "trailer" to 13VS I can say that yea, this will be a good one.

Akaimizu
Jan 18, 2011, 09:11 PM
Devil May Fantasy? Hmm. I'm liking what I'm seeing, so far.

Ishia
Jan 18, 2011, 09:45 PM
Pulled.

Kurono
Jan 19, 2011, 12:55 AM
Pulled.

That's a shame, someone else will likely re upload sometime.
Still, best trailer I've seen so far this year.

lostinseganet
Jan 30, 2011, 05:20 PM
The game play kinda reminds me of phantasy star.

Split
Jan 30, 2011, 05:33 PM
The game play kinda reminds me of phantasy star....Not really...maybe in the sense that they both involve blades of some description...

However, this is a convenient bump, because for those who missed out the first time, guess what?

IT'S BACK IN 1080P!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8&feature=player_embedded

wooo

Outrider
Jan 30, 2011, 07:47 PM
Well, that certainly looks pretty.

Now, does it look like it actually ties into FFXIII in any way? I've been curious about that.

Randomness
Jan 30, 2011, 08:30 PM
That is a well done trailer.

Relate to XIII though.... can't see ANY way for that to be the case. Remember, XIII had magitek everywhere in Cocoon, so... unless they're playing a gap of at least 300 or so years... or even more... Besides, a few hundred years in the future would probably... involve Fang and Vanille waking up, after all.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 30, 2011, 09:11 PM
It's only connection (so far) is the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology that all the XIII games share, such as the 'Door' and the Goddess Etro.

EDIT: For some reason, after watching the trailer, I want to say Drakengard...

Split
Jan 30, 2011, 09:58 PM
That is a well done trailer.

Relate to XIII though.... can't see ANY way for that to be the case. Remember, XIII had magitek everywhere in Cocoon, so... unless they're playing a gap of at least 300 or so years... or even more... Besides, a few hundred years in the future would probably... involve Fang and Vanille waking up, after all.I don't think it's connected, I feel like I've read somewhere that it's in a different world. I think the reason it still has the XIII is that not only does it apparently somehow share that Fabula Nova Crystalli lore (which doesn't really seem to have any immediate impact on the story), but I'm pretty sure they originally wanted its launch to be parallel or at least fairly close to that of FFXIII. They were both announced at the same time - then SE decided to divert all of their energy to porting FFXIII to Xbox 360 and halt production on Versus.

I think it'd be acceptable if they just called it FFXV. Then again, some people might call that a cheap way to eke out another "official" numbered title.

Randomness
Jan 30, 2011, 10:21 PM
I think it'd be acceptable if they just called it FFXV. Then again, some people might call that a cheap way to eke out another "official" numbered title.

You mean like numbering the MMOs?

It's only connection (so far) is the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology that all the XIII games share, such as the 'Door' and the Goddess Etro.

EDIT: For some reason, after watching the trailer, I want to say Drakengard...

Door? Etro? Somehow, I don't recall ANYTHING like that in XIII.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 30, 2011, 10:51 PM
Datalogs and Episode i explain mostly everything.

Randomness
Jan 31, 2011, 12:25 AM
Datalogs and Episode i explain mostly everything.

Guess I should go back and look at it again then.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 31, 2011, 01:00 AM
I don't think it's connected, I feel like I've read somewhere that it's in a different world. I think the reason it still has the XIII is that not only does it apparently somehow share that Fabula Nova Crystalli lore (which doesn't really seem to have any immediate impact on the story)

It does share the mythology, and it does have an impact on Versus. In the trailer, they were looking at a portrait of the Goddess Etro, who in the mythology is the goddess of death. Hence the 'light of extinguished souls'

Split
Jan 31, 2011, 09:45 PM
A: Hey kids! Who wants to hear a shitload of information about FFXIII Versus in this summary of an interview of Tetsuya Nomura by Famitsu?

B: Oooh me me me!

A: Then just click this link!!!!!! :wacko:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/01/nomura_ffxvxiii_famitsu/

I'm not going to summarize something that's already a summary, but trust me this is worth a read. Seriously, if you're interested in this game, do it!

Bitzen
Feb 1, 2011, 01:43 AM
After crisis core, I've been waiting for a final fantasy action rpg to hit the ps3.

This looks like it was worth the wait.