PDA

View Full Version : P Wand

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 21, 2011, 04:02 AM
Hi all,

has anyone been lucky enough to find one? No I don't wanna buy it :O Just wondering how long it took? I've been spamming MAC B runs on private server for a month or 2 now, very on and off, infact this P Wand hunting has made me take 2 long breaks from PSO because it's so tedious, but needs must when you want a TJS.

Any other possible suggestions other than MAC runs? In all honesty I can't think of any the amount of lillies in the caves 2 level is insane and I usually encounter a rare one every 4 runs or so. but I must have fought around 80 now. i know the drop rates a lot higher, and even then I could get very unlucky and end up encourntering so many more to find one ¬¬

Tifa

Dongra
Jan 21, 2011, 01:35 PM
I have never found one myself. My only suggestion is that you continue to spam MA4B. Most players find it running that quest. On one particular server, players find them a bit more often whenever there is a special event that has a drop rate increase, so you may want to wait for one of those if you happen to be on that server. A friend of mine actually found his Psycho Wand while playing PSO at my house. I believe he was doing Tyrell's Last Hope looking for Hildetorrs for a Frozen Shooter with hit, and he would check the first room of caves for a Mil during every run. After he killed Sil Dragon, he stopped by caves 3 and was fortunate enough to find a Mil that dropped him a Psycho Wand. So if you want to break up the monotony of Psycho Wand hunting, you can throw in a Tyrell's Last Hope in between MA4Bs in the hopes you may come across a hit Frozen Shooter and check the first caves room after each run for a Mil.

Sienna
Jan 21, 2011, 06:05 PM
Found mine from a gibble.
Decent, especially when paired with ra boosting equips.
It makes them the best class in solo ep4, seeing as you can stunlock with ease and you can heal if you get low on hp.

trypticon
Jan 21, 2011, 06:44 PM
I found one probably more than two years ago from a Chaos Sorcerer in a regular Ruins run on Greenill for the GC version. It surprised the heck out of me, since the drop rate is insane and I hadn't considered ever hunting it.

Take that grain of salt though, as the find came after five years of playing the game regularly with that character.

NegaTsukasa
Jan 22, 2011, 01:56 AM
Anyone got a link to this item? I'd like to see a snapshot of it. oh wait. P as in Psycho? if not, then I still want to know.

TrueChaos
Jan 22, 2011, 07:59 AM
there are a few pics here:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=143

FoCaster
Jan 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
So with Aura Field and P Wand equipped, one loses HP instead of TP?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 24, 2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the info all, but i'm sticking to Purplenum for hunting this item, I don't think i'd hunt them on another ID tbh as MA4B runs seem easiest as I can get a run complete in under 15 mins. Even though the rest of the drops in Caves on Ult are pretty lame.

P as in Psycho Wand, i'm not keeping it though. I've got a better Ult setup set up in my opinion. On the biggest private server of PSO they changed stats of Si Merge to boost normal techs by 100%, this paired with a Summit Moon cane, also boosting normal techs. A Pure Mind mag and a load of Heavenly Units my FO is causing 1400+ damage with each tech to each enemy and can clear any run on Ult solo without too much of a hitch :D

Basically the P Wand is for a future trade as I've yet to find anything worthy of a trade. But since the weekend I need the wand moreso, I was feeling generous on the weekend and gave a new character some PD...some? More like 50 and 25 PC...heck I was feeling generous.

Unfortunately the next day they kept spam mailing me asking for more money cos they wanted an Excal.... a lvl 13 wanting an excal and thinking I was a PD dispensary ¬¬

Aw well nvm thank goodness for the block button :D I spent the weekend huting MA4B runs again to no avail but I won't give up just yet.

Tifa

Dongra
Jan 24, 2011, 03:17 PM
You should reconsider trading the Psycho Wand. You may be able to do 1300 damage to a single enemy with Summit Moon and Si Merge but you will benefit more from the Psycho Wand and Ra Merge combo. With both a Ra Merge and Psycho Wand you should be able to deal around 600 or so damage to a large group, and this makes hunting in episode four desert a much easier task for any of the force classes. If you find a Psycho Wand, I recommend that you keep it and use it to farm for hit Heaven Strikers to use in trades for high end items.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 25, 2011, 06:37 AM
Hmm that's a good point I guess. Would be useful to have both alternatives. but even an HS and lots of other trades wouldn't get me a TJS...well unless it was a goot hit%

Tifa

sCI
Jan 25, 2011, 01:03 PM
I never really got this weapon.

It's one of the hardest to find of anything in the game.

Yet all it does is convert what you use to fire a tech from something you have more of to something you have less of(as a force)? :lol:

That makes zero sense. Need more power? Fire more techs! :lol:

I have never run into the problem--EVER--of not being able to do enough damage with my force. If I need to fire a tech 20 times instead of 6? So be it. If I need more fluids? Who gives a shit, I make enough money to replenish what I use 3 times over.

What is the point of this weapon?

At least heaven stricker has a bad ass special.
TJS has one of the highest ATPs available for a sword(darkF can't combo anyways AND isn't legit), once again, interesting special.
P-wand...............???

Dongra
Jan 25, 2011, 04:54 PM
Hmm that's a good point I guess. Would be useful to have both alternatives. but even an HS and lots of other trades wouldn't get me a TJS...well unless it was a goot hit%

Tifa
If you have absolutely no intention of hunting fast in Episode 4 then I guess you might as well trade the Psycho Want for the TJS and other items, and be sure you should hold out for more than a TJS on that server since TJS is far more common there than Psycho Wand is. I would say just keep the Psycho Wand and hope for a Dark Flow later on since it completely outclasses TJS, on that server, but it is very difficult to get. If you want the TJS because you need a proper sword and like the way it looks then go for it.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 26, 2011, 08:50 AM
hiya,

yeah you're right now that Dark Flow actually has 3 chain attack it's amazing.. hmm never sure which price guide to go for? The servers own one on forum or...argh i forgot the website now. its kinda like psupedia for pso but they had a price list. Regardless either one I stick to I always get people complaining its an old list etc, nobodys ever happy. Either way I tend to sell stuff cheap to get it sold quick regardless :P But yeah I guess you're right in terms of what I could get for a P Wand, for the amount of time I'm putting into hunting this wand I never wanna hunt another high tier rare item again :P

Tifa

NegaTsukasa
Jan 26, 2011, 12:19 PM
there are a few pics here:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=143

oh ya. ok. the psycho wand. that's what I thought.
I've had that for looong time. ;D

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 27, 2011, 05:34 AM
:P I do on my GC PSO Eps 2 but it's not the same when that game was out it was hacked bad, almost as bad as DC PSO but for me it never seemed to be malicious hacking, such as RSOD or FSOD or NOL's but more like hacked items.

I checked my old chars recently and had every weapon including P Wand most with x3 100% stats and grinds into their hundreds...crazy times. Funny though back then I didn't even realize what these weapons truely were because people just used to hand them out for free.

But yeah hunting for a wepaon properly is such a mission. Aaanyways i'm sure i'll find it eventually :D

Tifa