PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Force or Vanguard?? + additional demand

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 21, 2011, 07:33 AM
I have a Newman at Level 25.
But i cant decide whether i should use FOrce or VAnguard.
With which can i make the most damage?
I saw a video with a Human (dont force or VA)
which makes over 30000 Damage :-o .
Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQ1y8OQPNE

I make this with too with a VA Newman?
Additional demand:
Or can i make this with a Cast Hunter too? xDD

I hope you can answer my questions.

PS: My english is bad cuz im German :-?

Ryd
Jan 21, 2011, 08:11 AM
Yes, you should be able to achieve similar results with a newman VA, assuming you can match the gear (earth Psycho Wand) and care to take the time to build an 80 chain (rarely practical) on a Jeris/Zoldillan/Dago Gujeri (30% more damage for correct element).

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 21, 2011, 10:13 AM
Some other ideas?

Jorry
Jan 21, 2011, 10:40 AM
I make this with too with a VA Newman?
Additional demand:
Or can i make this with a Cast Hunter too? xDD

I hope you can answer my questions.

PS: My english is bad cuz im German :-?

you should say request, Demands are a little... forceful.
HUcast's can be quite lethal (as you probably already know). That damage was the result of an 80 chain, not really connected to class. If you're going to play online I wouldn't worry about such things.

TheAstarion
Jan 21, 2011, 07:17 PM
Spells in PSP2 are expensive to use, to make sure you have some other way to do damage. My newman in PSP2 is a Ranger with a card & wand.

Forces have lv21+ buffs, which help the party a lot! They also get bigger attack spells with higher level status effects.

Vanguards are better set up for doing things other than spells, and can use EX traps. Newman Vanguards have the best evasion (a couple of points higher than the beast vanguard, not much but hey). Their fighting and gun skills are more balanced too.

CASTs, on the other hand, are bad forces as you probably know. They have an S-rank Fluge SUV that they can use to get level 41+ buffs on the entire party, and that's good. Very good. If you have a way to get the special meter up quickly (Vanguards get all EX traps, rangers get Burn EX) then you'll be doing well. They have the worst evasion but the best survivability without it, so going hunter is still pretty good.

There are no hunter or ranger moves that really do the focused damage that a Force can, but there's also not a party in the world that will let a chain get to 80 without breaking it and going wild with finishing moves. Forces' big numbers are very situational, and you're better off doing 500 to 3 enemies 4 times (blade destruction) than 1200 to one enemy once (diga).