PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Is this game worth buying a psp for?

MotleyKhon
Jan 21, 2011, 03:20 PM
Ive just finished zero.
the game and people that play it got on my nerves.
I loved PSO on dc/xb/pc

sell it too me people :P
is psp 2 worth it?
or will i be dissapointed again...

Infernonyc
Jan 21, 2011, 03:22 PM
Yes....

MotleyKhon
Jan 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
yes to buy it? or yes it sucks as much Sosage as zero did?

Gintoki-kun
Jan 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
PSP2 is worth it,trust me.And if you brought a bit earlier you could have got it on the PSN store for 16.99. Though it best to get it at Amazon.com or you could just wait for Infinity,it is the expansion after all.

Typestatic
Jan 21, 2011, 03:31 PM
Disappointment? Again? No way... PSP2 is teh secks

You'll totally expand on your game library once you've gotten a PSP
*cough* Valkyria Chronicles 2, Monster Hunter and more *cough*

MotleyKhon
Jan 21, 2011, 03:32 PM
Noooo i cant wait.
ive been playing pso half my life.
might aswel get it for next week then :D
thanks dudes!

well i have lotsa psp games knocking about, cos i used to have one.
speshly monster hunter.
beast of a game.
i had like 169 hours gametime on that xD

Akaimizu
Jan 21, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hmm. I bought Another PSP for PSP2........ And a PSP cradle...... And a PS3 Controller specifically used for it. (even picked one the same color as the PSP to match colors, since my Black PS3 controller goes to my Black PS3) Yes I did. Can't say I regretted it.

Gintoki-kun
Jan 21, 2011, 04:25 PM
Disappointment? Again? No way... PSP2 is teh secks

You'll totally expand on your game library once you've gotten a PSP
*cough* Valkyria Chronicles 2, Monster Hunter and more *cough*

You forgot Kingdom Hearts:BBS,Lord of Arcana,God Eater Burst. >_>

Kurono
Jan 21, 2011, 04:45 PM
Ive just finished zero.
the game and people that play it got on my nerves.
I loved PSO on dc/xb/pc

sell it too me people :P
is psp 2 worth it?
or will i be dissapointed again...

Personally I think the game is only worth it if you're buying to play online. Story is kinda short and rather weak imo. However you need to play at least once to get a grip on the games functions, and get decent stuff.

Can't remember if it's the VC2 DLC or what, but got an Emelia character unlock? Thing on Valkyria Chronicles 2.

Rating out of 10

Offline 5/10
Online 8/10

pso_crash
Jan 21, 2011, 04:48 PM
I bought a PSP just for this game. I am happy with my purchase. I have a couple other games I've picked here and there, but I don't play them.

MotleyKhon
Jan 21, 2011, 05:10 PM
well online play speaks for itself really,
pSO has always been **** offline :P
:P

NDW
Jan 21, 2011, 05:21 PM
I bought a PSP just for PSPo2. I'm satisfied and I have no regrets. I like using it as an MP3 player as well when I'm on the go.

DayDreamer
Jan 21, 2011, 05:34 PM
Ive played 453 hours and 6minutes of PSP2, i love it. It has the most replay value out of all the games I have. When the first Phantasy star portable came out i was like "this would be good with online mode". Soon time after that, PSP2 came out...been addicted ever since xD

Kirukia
Jan 21, 2011, 06:50 PM
I got a PSP just to play, and I'm very happy with it.
I've been playing it constantly.

MYNISTA
Jan 21, 2011, 08:20 PM
I Got my PSP just for this game. Worth it! Of course I have some other awesome games now as well!

Tek[+]Lok
Jan 22, 2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah same here I bought a psp just for the game. Although there's a few other titles that I am interested in. I hear they have power stone on psp.

Blizz3112
Jan 22, 2011, 04:39 PM
Still trying my best to collect all weapons (or close to that), titles and costumes... have played 4 different characters to collect what I have now (over 60 hours in total playing), and it's just around 50% or so if not less... (and those are only the easiest ones to get).

kongajinken
Jan 22, 2011, 05:21 PM
Might want to make frequent copies of your save file if you're going to be playing online. I hear horror stories on a regular basis how some hacker screwed with someones game permanently.

Fayorei
Jan 22, 2011, 08:21 PM
I bought a PSP solely for this game. I can't say I regret it in the least- it's a lot of fun, and the closest to PSO the series has been. Lobbies are back in Infinity online(which comes out next month in Japan, so it will be a bit of a wait here) but until then, PSP 2 is plenty enough to keep anyone busy.

I'm so glad I found out about the game happen-stance. I had no idea it existed until a month after its release. It has served as a gateway to picking up stuff I've always wanted on a PSP, like KH: Birth By Sleep, FFT, Valkyrie Profile, etc etc.:D

Aurrius
Jan 23, 2011, 03:25 PM
I think its worth it. Just bought a PSP to play PSP2.

pso_crash
Jan 24, 2011, 12:56 AM
I think Sony should be writing sega a thank you note for helping them sell all those PSP's.

betrael
Jan 27, 2011, 04:27 AM
I bought a psp for it.

NER0
Jan 28, 2011, 10:32 AM
PSP2 is good but not great. The classes are balanced horribly with forces totally nerfed and vanguards too powerful. Rangers also got shafted with shitty PP costs for their weapons forcing you to use save PAs and nerf your damage...

However I hear infinity will address these issues and if so should be worth buying a PSP for.

BIG OLAF
Jan 28, 2011, 10:35 AM
I originally bought a PSP about 1.5 years ago, just for PSP1, but also because I saw PSP2 announced, and instantly realized that ti would be the best Phantasy Star ever made (which I think it was...well, until Infinity comes out). So, yes, I bought a PSP for this game. No regrets, either.

Scau-Demon
Jan 28, 2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, they really reballanced the classes in infinity.
Ranger costs way down.
Force tech costs way down/boosted power a LOT.
I heard they nerfed traps a little bit for vanguards, but I don't think ex traps are in the demo, so can't really confirm or deny that.
Hunters, they sped up the sword, nerfed Blade destruction and dus skadd, and most other PA's, and added a 2nd hit to the first swing of an axe.

So all in all, it seems they really ballanced out the classes in infinity, from what I've seen.

Syrus08
Jan 28, 2011, 02:17 PM
I also bought my PSP just for this game. I love it because I can play while my wife watches tv. LOL it's winter and the basement gets cold.

Mantiskilla
Jan 28, 2011, 02:21 PM
PSP2 is worth it,trust me.And if you brought a bit earlier you could have got it on the PSN store for 16.99. Though it best to get it at Amazon.com or you could just wait for Infinity,it is the expansion after all.

Or if you're real lucky you could dl the game off a friend who dl the game through PSN if they are willing to share. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin that's all.

Mantiskilla
Jan 28, 2011, 02:26 PM
I think Sony should be writing sega a thank you note for helping them sell all those PSP's.

haha I think even Sega has to get in line behind Capcom right now though.

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2011, 03:53 PM
But it's a short line. It's mainly Capcom, followed by Sega. But this is probably one of Sonic Team's biggest Japanese success stories.

MotleyKhon
Jan 28, 2011, 09:02 PM
Guys i just spent £140 on this and a psp
haaahaa aint regretting it :D

Fayorei
Jan 29, 2011, 12:05 AM
Guys i just spent £140 on this and a psp
haaahaa aint regretting it :D

I don't think you ever will! I mean once I got the game and PSP I remembered a couple PSP games I also wanted, and now there's a huge back library.

Also, the Infinity demo is awesome.

venn2010
Jan 29, 2011, 01:32 AM
The way I see it, most people don't buy a console with several games at once. Generally, you start with one game that you are really interested in, buy the console with it, and start building your library from there. That's how it always was for me and I never regretted any of my console purchases.

Even if you don't buy any other game, the price of console will pay itself off in the long run, provided that you do play the game for many hours and enjoy it. After all, the purpose of playing a video game is to (1) have fun, (2) kill time, and (3) have FUN. As long as those criteria are met... well, what else do you want?

If you're seriously worried about not getting your money's worth, then perhaps you should stay away and save those $. You'll feel better that way. Trust me.

One good thing about PSPo2 is that this is definitely not a kind of game that you pick up & play for few hours/days, beat it, and move on. This game will require many, many hours to get the full experience. And if you do get hooked onto it, you'll spend hundreds of hours, if not more, just on this ONE game. And at the end, you'll get more than you paid for. I guarantee you that much.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 29, 2011, 01:38 AM
After all, the purpose of playing a video game is to (1) have fun, (2) kill time, and (3) have FUN. As long as those criteria are met... well, what else do you want?

"gaming is about preference, even if *you* think its a bad game, I had a lot of fun with it so I'm a winner"

"ZOMG NO WAI YUR DUMB AND BAD"

I try explain that irl sometimes and generally get that response. :(

BIG OLAF
Jan 29, 2011, 01:45 AM
"gaming is about preference, even if *you* think its a bad game, I had a lot of fun with it so I'm a winner"

I try explain that irl sometimes and generally get that response. :(

As do I (not real life though. Mostly online with other people), usually after I say one of two types of responses to their original questions:

1. "I actually enjoyed that game. I saw nothing wrong with it."

2. "Well, that's your play-style. I prefer to play this way, myself." (mostly pertains to PSU, to which afterward I'm usually called "scrub", or "noob" )

Those responses are common, and are usually followed with some sort of name-calling, such as "noob","moron", "scrub", etc.

Generally, you start with one game that you are really interested in, buy the console with it, and start building your library from there.

^I definitely agree with this. When I saw Oblivion, I was dead set on getting a Xbox 360 just for that one game. Once I had the console, however, I started to look into other 360 games I might like, and it just went off from there.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 29, 2011, 01:52 AM
I half lied, i do say that way more online, but gotten that irl too >.> Still don't own a 360 it doesnt have any exclusives I am dying for and I currently hate microsoft.

I spent an arm and a leg to get my psp though and I swear I play it more than my ps3. Sad thing is, many of the games I play on it I wonder "why isn't this on the ps3?" Oh well though, I have both and so any games coming their way i can lament over my poorness while trying to scrounge the money to buy them :p still hoping I can manage to get infinity sooner than later.

venn2010
Jan 29, 2011, 02:05 AM

Those responses are common, and are usually followed with some sort of name-calling, such as "noob","moron", "scrub", etc.

People who usually give that kind of response are usually... kids. Or mentally handicapped.

Seriously, if you can't respect other people's preferences, what right do you have to force your opinion on others?

I usually ignore and downplay those kinds of people. I don't give a rat's ass about what they think.