PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 best place to lvl that is not magashi plan

adonis565
Jan 22, 2011, 01:25 PM
I know you do level up fast with it but its to frustrating for me

TheToyDolls
Jan 22, 2011, 01:46 PM
Maybe you're not doing it right. There is a very easy way to take out pretty much all of Magashi Plan. It involves Twin Handguns. No other mission's experience compares to Magashi Plan, hands down. If you want to level, you should really get to know it. The ability to strafe and do damage at the same time makes it much, much easier.

But I suppose if you're still adamant about not doing Magashi Plan, I guess you could run Gemaga. But 1 run of Magashi can net you a whole level, whereas one run of Gemaga is a sliver of your exp bar, depending on your level of course.

pso_crash
Jan 22, 2011, 01:49 PM
Maybe you're not doing it right. There is a very easy way to take out pretty much all of Magashi Plan. It involves Twin Handguns. No other mission's experience compares to Magashi Plan, hands down. If you want to level, you should really get to know it. The ability to strafe and do damage at the same time makes it much, much easier.

Ha, or if your a force-you cast a tech, and run away until the monsters stop chasing you, rinse, and repeat.

TheToyDolls
Jan 22, 2011, 01:53 PM
Yes or you could spam Noszonde. I did that for a while on my Force, but some parts you can't just spam Noszonde, like the Galdeen room. I think it's more dangerous with just Techs in some parts, than using Twin Handguns. Once you clear the Galdeen room you are smooth sailing, because the big enemies in the next room can be cheesed by barriers while you range their faces off.

Jorry
Just in case you're not sure how to run Magashi Plan and want ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTfRBtUX8g
EDIT: Everything else above is really all there is. Of course, you could always play on multi-mode and hope for Urgents

darkepyonuk
i got as far as section 7 using only T.Sabers and a rod but i was lvl 149 and wanted to rush to 150, i was quite proud of myself :3

Typestatic
Jan 22, 2011, 02:18 PM
Get as far as you can, don't bring a scape doll and push push push!
I loves me some cyclone dance and twins.

If you don't want to do Magashi like me...
Gemaga (Steady exp/mp) and Fiery Onslaught (for Photon Codes/Boosters) are worthy of doing.

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2011, 02:25 PM
Just in case you're not sure how to run Magashi Plan and want ideas...
YouTube - Phantasy Star Portable 2: The Magashi Plan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTfRBtUX8g)
EDIT: Everything else above is really all there is. Of course, you could always play on multi-mode and hope for Urgents

Great video :]
Just a few tips though for the OP:
If you aren't a vanguard, the vandas will probably pose more of a problem. I'm pretty sure they can OHKO you with 1 diga, (a boosted one hit me for 1.9k .__.)

What I do in that case is wait for them to cast diga before getting close, then I get behind them, chain to 1-2, and use a PA.

Also, because I find vandas so troublesome (I'm a hunter :p) I take route 6, which is the straight route. It's just Bil De Vears and Carraguines. You never fight more than 2 at once so if you can dodge and block well enough it's fairly easy, especially since Magashi is nothing >__>

Just realize you have an option between 6 and 7 if you don't want to take that route.

Other than that, Urgents and Gemaga are really the only good missions for experience. The exp. differences for other missions are negligible.

adonis565
Jan 22, 2011, 02:43 PM
I am a cast vanguard should I get a full pallete of twin handguns

Magitek_X
Jan 22, 2011, 02:51 PM
No, you only truly need Light, Lightning, and Ice twin hand guns.

TheToyDolls
Jan 22, 2011, 03:00 PM
No, you only truly need Light, Lightning, and Ice twin hand guns.

Yes and make sure you use save bullets. I like bringing a Rifle for certain long-range situations, where enemies can't/won't come to you.

Infernonyc
Jan 22, 2011, 04:35 PM
Get as far as you can, don't bring a scape doll and push push push!
I loves me some cyclone dance and twins.

If you don't want to do Magashi like me...
Gemaga (Steady exp/mp) and Fiery Onslaught (for Photon Codes/Boosters) are worthy of doing.

Don't bring a scape doll? Why not?

Mugaaz2
Jan 22, 2011, 05:03 PM
Bring a scape doll, no reason not too.

Typestatic
Jan 22, 2011, 05:07 PM
Adds to the frustration, for me anyway.
Then again I'm one to not have many scape dolls...
YEAH I DIES ALOT

adonis565
Jan 22, 2011, 07:37 PM
dual pistols are a god send for the magashi plan got thru the first 3 blocks no problem died on the darvaguines because forgot to stock up

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 22, 2011, 08:31 PM
Once you clear the Galdeen room you are smooth sailing, because the big enemies in the next room can be cheesed by barriers while you range their faces off.

Odd, thats exactly what I worked out to do on my own, lol, 50%:light: T-Yasminkov 2000H twin handguns with save bullets, then after the Galdeen room, switch to long-range bullets and lure things behind barriers/chest-high-walls where I can pick them off safely ^^ Most things can be killed quickly with a full-charge shot

adonis565
Jan 22, 2011, 09:25 PM
finally beat it thanks to twin handguns

TheToyDolls
Jan 23, 2011, 02:15 AM
finally beat it thanks to twin handguns

Much easier, isn't it?

Bovrillor
Jan 23, 2011, 07:38 AM
Is this Magashi plan an open mission or a Tactical or something? I can't find it and I'm levelling really slowly at the moment :(

darkepyonuk
Jan 23, 2011, 08:12 AM
single player tactical, you gotta clear bladed legacy, and to unlock that you need to clear the side story crimson warrior

EDIT* or if your online ask somone to run bladed legacy, thatl work

Fthawe
Jan 23, 2011, 06:11 PM
Thx for all the info. :)
Surprisingly, the enemies are easy to kill at their level

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
Thx for all the info. :)
Surprisingly, the enemies are easy to kill at their level

Thats as they have 40% normal HP :P their attacks raised to compensate, not sure what its % is

darkepyonuk
Jan 24, 2011, 10:55 AM
Enemies have their HP set to 40% and their ATP/TP set to 150% of their regular values. Droprates are set to 200% and EXP is set to 300% in this mission.

Jorry
Jan 24, 2011, 11:01 AM
lol, and this thread was supposed to be about an alternative *chuckles*

Magitek_X
Jan 24, 2011, 11:28 AM
Well, the alternatives aren't really good, efficientwise. That's why.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 24, 2011, 12:10 PM
at least til Infinity comes out, then you can make infinity missions with increased EXP :P
or you could do short S-Ranks from Clad 6, those in the HIVE seem good enough.

@darkey: drop rates 200%? for the rares?

darkepyonuk
Jan 24, 2011, 12:41 PM
@darkey: drop rates 200%? for the rares?

thats right yea, i just took it straight off psupedia :)

TheToyDolls
Jan 24, 2011, 01:26 PM
And it's very noticeable, too. On level 130 enemies I already got 2 Voltech Breaths and 2 Muk Las Scorpio. Magashi Plan is the place to be, even if you hate doing it. I despised it until I figured out how to cheese it.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 24, 2011, 01:48 PM
too bad there is no enemy that leaves good drops there. like the Delbiter. or Shizuru.
the question that must come is, then; how do you efficiently farm the stones needed to play this mission MANY times?

EDIT: in psupedia, when listing the enemy drops in the enemy page, the level required is the enemy's or the Pc's?

TheToyDolls
Jan 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
It's the enemy's level I'm pretty sure.

As for the stones, depends on which ones you need the most. Like most people I had almost no Phantomite but I ran The 4th System (online only) one day and was getting 3-10 per run. Not bad for Type points, either, considering I wasn't really there to level my type.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 24, 2011, 04:20 PM
TC, you're stuck. to get to lvl 200 as fast as possible you need to do Magashi plan. If you instead want to get type points, hard mode first mission of the story.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 24, 2011, 04:44 PM
I'm echoing the sentiment that Magashi Plan is the way to go for EXP. Nothing else compares.

If you're a melee Type like Hunter or Bravegard.. err.. Vaner.. err.. you know what I mean! Knuckles and Ranpa are the best way to go. If you're got :ice: :light: :lightning: sets with good %s most smaller enemies will go down without a PA. The first hit of Ranpa hits hard and staggers/knocks down.
I was struggling with Magashi Plan until I started using Knuckles and now I rock it.

Ceresa once wrote an amazing walkthrough on this forum about how to trivialize Magashi Plan, but I don't have it bookmarked here at work

Dark_Ansem
Jan 24, 2011, 05:24 PM
could not find it. here's this
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2588570&highlight=Magashi#post2588570

UberRottweiler
Jan 24, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hello there Magashi Plan its tricky but it become easy when you have the right gear, so I'll give you the list of items I use when I do that mission as a Hunter Cast;

- :light: Spear & Dus Skadd for :dark: monsters such as Delp Slami and Carriguines (practice exact guard in case you go melee against them).
- :lightning: Twin Handguns & Hit Bullets for :ground: Naval Luddas and Vandas (watch out for the buffed Vandas that cast Diga, it is 1 Hit kill if they hit you).
- :lightning: and/or :light: Rifle & Hit Bullets for Bil de Vear & Carriguine in case you chose that block.
- :ice: Twin Saber & Balde Destruction for Drua Gohras (dinosaur things)
- :light: Rod for Resta, Giresta, Shifta & Deband. (always buff before entering a block)
- Cluster series SUVs; I use it only when I enter the block with Naval Luddas and the annoying megid spamming Dark fat bitches before the small dragon things that use zonde.

Also be sure to get good shield waves; Orpa-Senba is good and easy to find, just do Chapter 6 Act 2 on hard mode multiple times to get all atributes Orpa-Senbas.

Practice dodge and exact guard and you should be fine, I finished Magashi plan for the first time when I was lvl. 100. You should try this gear and make variations in order to get your perfect gear for Magashi Plan. Peace.