PDA

View Full Version : Where is this stupid CURE/FROZEN!?!?!

Sabaku
Mar 12, 2003, 03:56 PM
I killed more than 50, yes, literaly, 50 Gulgus-gues and NO RARES, exept 1 photon drop. Whats wrong? My luck was ar 65 too! I dont get it...

TeamPhalanx
Mar 12, 2003, 04:05 PM
Sorry, but... you're complaing after killing 50+ of a common monster?!?

Do 50 runs of an area, and if you still don't find one, let us know.

Btw, Luck (the stat) does not determine rare finds.

The easiest way to get one is via Megium (or was it Hidoom) in VR Spaceship. A couple (REDRIA & ORAN) get it from there - Possibly more ids do as well.

demonknight
Mar 12, 2003, 04:05 PM
luck makes you do criticle hits more often and actually ive never found anything from a gulgus gue, and ive killed at least a few hundred with many types of colors

Sabaku
Mar 12, 2003, 04:06 PM
Hm... Well, I have gon through forest 1 and 2 on ult alot.. Enough to get me from level 43 to 90...

demonknight
Mar 12, 2003, 04:08 PM
well i know for a fact i havent found a rare from a gulgus gue and i have gone through it 50 times for drop frequency with one character, another character i went from 64 to 100 and still no rare and i dont complain they dont really drop anything great anyway

TeamPhalanx
Mar 12, 2003, 04:20 PM
Offline...

There arne't many there. Try online or multiplayer.

Cloud_01
Mar 12, 2003, 04:31 PM
Gulgus-gues are cheap bastards. I've gone through the forest and through the Soul of Blacksmith quest so many times and they still haven't dropped Imperial Pick. I've gotten 1 photon drop from one before but that was it. Thought I had finally found Imperial Pick too...

So, have any Bluefulls out there found Imperial Pick from Gulgus-gue?

demonknight
Mar 12, 2003, 04:49 PM
i have a bluefull but i havent found an imperial pick

ArcaneDarkness
Mar 12, 2003, 05:01 PM
I see by your profile that you have a Whitill. Go to V-Hard Caves and pipe for a Pouilly Slime (or split the Pofuilly Slimes, whichever you prefer). First one I saw dropped me one.

~AD~

scmfxt
Mar 12, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-03-12 14:01, ArcaneDarkness wrote:
I see by your profile that you have a Whitill. Go to V-Hard Caves and pipe for a Pouilly Slime (or split the Pofuilly Slimes, whichever you prefer). First one I saw dropped me one.

~AD~

Same here. A lot easier to get than those regular monster. Got mine after 5-6 hrs of piping. lol

G0D
Mar 12, 2003, 05:34 PM
Cure/Frozen is alittle pointless but still having a purpose, Yes it does cure the annoying Freeze but all you really have to do is Wiggle The anolog Stick Back and forth for about 2 seconds and ur free...Now im not sure if i would take that over a god/unit and if ur worried about something like Frozen Shooter freezing you dont worry about it theres no problems as you will see if u get or have gotten one....

Sabaku
Mar 12, 2003, 06:10 PM
I just needed it so when I get to Falz on ult i wouldnt have to really worry about the constant RaBartas he shoots.... Eh, I'll do the poully slime... but... I did run into one on ult before, it dropped Guilty Light, useless for me.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 12, 2003, 07:41 PM
I'm not a BLUEFULL, but I have found the IMPERIAL PICK in BLUEFULL games. It was the areas in Forest 2 with 4 Gulgus-gue. The other 3 members of the team were far away, so I eliminated them asap... Hey, I didn't feel like sharing, and since I don't have the id, it's more rare to me those with the id.

Cloud_01
Mar 12, 2003, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the info Phalanx. Can't be that hard to find of you found it in an online game. I just don't get why I haven't found it after all these forest runs. I would say at least 70 runs. It's starting to get really Frustrating. Hopefully, i'll found one soon though.

malinko
Mar 12, 2003, 09:03 PM
argh, I havent found an Imperial Pick doing 15 SoB runs a day from level umm.. 130 or so to 153

ArcaneDarkness
Mar 12, 2003, 10:34 PM
On 2003-03-12 15:10, Sabaku wrote:
I just needed it so when I get to Falz on ult i wouldnt have to really worry about the constant RaBartas he shoots.... Eh, I'll do the poully slime... but... I did run into one on ult before, it dropped Guilty Light, useless for me.

That's why it didn't drop a Cure/Frozen, because you were on Ultimate. Pouilly Slimes drop Cure/Frozen on Very Hard, not Ultimate. On a side note, this site says that Pouilly Slimes drop a Caduceus on Ultimate, not Guilty Light.

~AD~

SeekerGio
Mar 12, 2003, 10:36 PM
I finally found 1 imperial pick after the longest time...I'd say from lvl 82 to lvl 133 (that's what I was when I found it) and I purposely find and kill Gulgus Gue, and oddly enough I found it doing a letter from Lional in the room where just one Gulgus Gue shows up. It has good % (0/0/15/20/35) but I have 3 Red partisans that are better from TP trick with my whitill, so is the pick really worth it? I don't expect my whitill to see a Cure Frozen anytime soon, as it is regular gulgus doesn't even drop Yamatos on a steady basis yet. (maybe it never really does? i don't do forest enough with him, too busy trying to find good % Lk14's in the mines) all that leaves me to find now on my bluefull is whatever the tollaw drops (true agito?) and a heavens punisher from Hildertorr (0-2 on those suckers) just keep killing wolves, eventually it'll happen.

VulpesMundi
Mar 12, 2003, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the best enemy to give you an almost guaranteed drop of a Cure/Frozen is a Pouilly Slime with Whitill in Very-Hard. I managed to get one with no effort at all. Funny thing is I almost never use it, 'cause to me it's a waste of an armor slot. I can usually wiggle out of a frozen state within a second. And even when my rangers use my Frozen Shooter they almost never get frozen by it (because I switch weapons while I'm not using it). And on the rare occassion when they do get frozen by it, it usually happens outside of battle. I've never gotten killed (so far) because of the Frozen Shooter's random freeze. Dark Falz (Rabarta) and Olga Flow (Freeze traps) are really the only times I see a Cure/Freeze being useful.