PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Centurion

DoctorQuark
Jan 22, 2011, 10:14 PM
(Okay, this is a non-PS-related piece of fiction I'm writing. I had originally planned to do it as a manga, but I don't think I have the kind of drawing abilities to pull this off. I'll release bits and pieces from it here and there. If I decide to actually put it into manga form, I'll probably stop for a while. >w<; This takes place in a futuristic world where mechs, mechas, mobile suits (whatever), have become enormously popular for use in both the military and in sports. The world, being completely taken by these incredible works of machinery, has become too blind to notice that the growing amount of mech-based weaponry has grown to a point where nearly anybody can utilize it. A group of nationalists, completely unknown by the continent's corrupt government, as well as a "terrorist" group bent on demolishing the grip said government has on the planet, are both planning to launch an attack that could cause war on a scale man has never known. I don't want to spoil anything, which is why I'm leaving out most of the information for now. >w<; )

Prologue, Part 1: The World We're Building

==Welcome to A-T Mail!==
==User: Jackie {Byte} Cerotia, Apex/Karbon Weapons Developer
==Message received on May 13th, 2132==
== ~ Sender: Eric Jansen, Garrison Co. Production Floor Manager
== Heya, Jackie - Your boss sent me a message regarding Apex/Karbon's involvement in the 32nd Annual World Mobile Weaponry Convention. He says the company plans to exhibit many of the new targeting systems and weapons that they're developing. Did you suggest that? Or is he just running headlong into things again? Either way, I want to know if you plan to partake in the whole thing. I understand that you like to keep your work under wraps, and that you think much of mech development is over-publicized, but I think the idea of you showing off some of your inventions to the public is way overdue. That's just me, of course. Eh, aside from that, when are you gonna come and see us again? Sheila's been worried sick about ya. Come and visit soon so we can all hang out again, like old times. Reply soon, okay?

P.S. Aerotech, Gemesh Electric, Cobalt, and M.T. Engineering have already signed on, and we're joining in as well. I've heard most of the other major companies are also planning to attend. Let me know if you hear anything else.

- EJ

==Message end==
==Reply==
== Hey, EJ. No, I didn't approve of Marc's decision to enter Apex/Karbon into the convention, and no, I don't plan to exhibit any of my works there. As much as I'd like to give people an idea of what I do here, mech design has become way too popularized and publicized. You know as well as anybody that for the last ten years or so, mechs have been available for purchase by the public... "Sport Mechs: The Racers of the Future". Robot suits capable of traveling hundreds of miles an hour. It was one thing that we gave them the access to that kind of technology, but you know they're weaponizing them, now? They're illegally modifying the interfaces, changing the designs, tacking on weaponry - it's getting to the point where anybody with enough money can purchase viable weapons of war, and I don't care for that. Not one bit. And on top of that, the government doesn't even seem to care! They know this is going on, but as long as they keep getting more powerful toys to play with, and keep getting more money off the taxes from Sport Mech equipment, they're completely content. I don't want anybody to even get a glimpse of my work if I can help it - they're for military purposes only, and I plan to keep it that way. As for visiting, I'll be sure to swing by as soon as my work allows me to. Tell She-She I love her, and I love you too, EJ. <3 Oh, and say hi to everybody else for me! I hope I can see you guys soon.

P.S. Oh, and stop calling me by my real name, please. Just call me Byte from now on. I like it, somehow.

- Byte (remember it!!!)

==Message sent==
==User {Byte} disconnected==

DoctorQuark
Jan 23, 2011, 02:11 AM
Prologue, Part 2: Sports Equipment

==Welcome to A-T Mail!==
==User: Garrett Ibel, Aerotech General Manager
==Message recieved on May 15th, 2132==
== ~ Sender: Mitch Brunson, Brunson SportMechTech Founder and Manager
== Garrett, hows it hangin man? I thought id send you a message to let you know everthins cool between us. Oh id meant to ask, but did ya catch the MRC finals last week? Abel Danforth was all over that stuff man! Kids a five time champion! I've gotta get him to sponser SMT as soon as possible, cuz as soon as we get his face on our products we're never gonna stop selling models, haha! All that aside I wanted to let you know were gonna back you 100 persent if you wanna start developing those aerial mechs. We've got a stock of models for you to use if thats the base model you wanted, so just lemme know we we need to send em over. Im sorry about before, i dunno what came over me. We're gonna see to it that you get what you need to finish your research man! Hurry up and reply!

- M
==Message End==

==Start Memo==
== Brunson has agreed to allow us the use of his mech equipment. This is good. To him, all he sees it as is some extra sport equipment with which to barter and make deals with. The fool has all the money he could ever want after he inherited it from his father; what he does with his assets is his own business, I suppose. Send for Nathan to have the mechs delivered here as soon as possible. Development will continue as planned.

==Reply==
== Ah, Mitchell. Yes, there is no need to worry about it; all hard feelings between us are gone. I understand that allowing us the use of your mechs for free is a bit of a daunting task, but rest assured that your contribution will most certainly pay out in the long run. As for Abel Danforth: Yes, the boy shows much promise. He exhibits mastery over sport mechs of all kind and is quite the celebrity. He would be the perfect model for your company... Perhaps I shall see if I can refer him to you personally.

This is important research, Mitchell; I hope you understand that. When this is all over and done with, the world will be graced with a mech capable of traversing the skies with ease, and you as well as I will be very popular men in the mechanical world. Your support is greatly appreciated.

P.S. If at all possible, send somebody over to Apex/Karbon to contact Jackie Cerotia for me. I can't seem to reach her by e-mail or any other form of transmission. I have some very important questions to ask her - please take care of this quickly.

- Garrett Ibel, Aerotech
==Message sent==
==User Garrett Ibel disconnected==

From somewhere, a transmission...

"Jack. Check the readings."
"... Coast is clear. Seems like whatever was tailing us has vanished."
"Might have been rebel scouts. There have been reports of rebel guerrilla squadrons attacking Nuvarian recon teams on their way into Gemesh."
"Seems like there's more and more of them, these days. What the hell are those things they're piloting?"
"I dunno, man. They look like sport mechs, but... They have weapons? Might be illegally modified, but there's something odd about 'em."
"At any rate, let's get back to Commander Orin. We can tell him about the -"
"What can we tell him he doesn't already know?"
"... Yeah, that's fair."
"Let's head back."