PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Stand Up Comedians?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 24, 2011, 08:05 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend their favourite stand up comedians? basically I play PSO/PSU in windowed mode along with watching a film or TV show. I've worked my way through all the stand up of Richard Pryors, George Carlin and Billy Connolly.

Any suggestions for decent stand up comedians as I need to watch or listen to something other than the game I play to keep it from being boring :)

Tifa

McLaughlin
Jan 24, 2011, 08:52 AM
Louis CK, Ricky Gervais, Dane Cook gets a lot of hate but I still find him pretty hilarious.

KodiaX987
Jan 24, 2011, 09:49 AM
Russel Peters! :D

"Hey man, did you hear? He's lookin' for paiiint. Paiiiiint. Paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiint."

McLaughlin
Jan 24, 2011, 11:50 AM
How did I forget him. Definitely Russel Peters.

sCI
Jan 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Lewis Black. Mitch Hedberg. Sam kinison. Dom dov-something(can't remember). Stephen Wright.

List goes on and on.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 24, 2011, 01:33 PM
Sam Kinneson.

VioletSkye
Jan 24, 2011, 01:37 PM
Lewis Black. Mitch Hedberg. Sam kinison. Dom dov-something(can't remember). Stephen Wright.

List goes on and on.
Dom Irrera maybe? He's definitely funny. Bill Burr is another one I really like.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 24, 2011, 01:55 PM
Robert Schimmel. ;x I think that's how his name is spelled, anyways.

Split
Jan 24, 2011, 02:02 PM
Brian Regan is the funniest man alive. Saw him live once with a couple friends and was some where between heartily laughing and cracking up so hard that I was breathlessly hacking and coughing for the entire show. Ron White's pretty hilarious too.

Yuufa-san
Jan 24, 2011, 02:58 PM
I want to recommend Michael Mittermeier. Yes, he's german, but he makes his performances also in english. He already was in America and Africa to entertain people with his hilarious acts. My overall favourite Stand Up Comedian!

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2011, 04:17 PM
I also actually like "Gabriel Iglesias". He's one of those *clean* comedians that actually had me cracking up. Especially on his "Hot and Fluffy" show. He's also one of those guys who is really scary in his ability to do voices, sometimes.

Ithildin
Jan 24, 2011, 04:46 PM
Bill Hicks
Michael Mcintyre
Sean Lock
Chris Rock
Frankie Boyle
Bill Maher
Mark Thomas

sCI
Jan 24, 2011, 04:57 PM
Sam Kinneson.
Wow, what a coincidence. Spelled his name wrong though.

Dom Irrera maybe? He's definitely funny. Bill Burr is another one I really like.
Dov Davidoff!!! That's who I was thinking of!

Rodney Dangerfield of course.

Bitzen
Jan 24, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Kevin Hart.

Sinue_v2
Jan 24, 2011, 06:40 PM
Well since Connelly and Kinison are already mentioned, I guess I'll throw Dara O'Briain on the pile, though he's not nearly as good as some of the greats mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnbFgRv8-Kw

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 24, 2011, 07:18 PM
Eddie Izzard is by far the best stand-up I've ever seen, the guy's hilarious

Wayu
Jan 24, 2011, 10:35 PM
Dave Chapelle
Russel Peters

-Wayu

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 25, 2011, 06:38 AM
Wow thanks everyone this is gonna keep me busy for a few months i think :D:D

Tifa

Chukie sue
Jan 25, 2011, 04:42 PM
Brian Regan is the funniest man alive. Saw him live once with a couple friends and was some where between heartily laughing and cracking up so hard that I was breathlessly hacking and coughing for the entire show. Ron White's pretty hilarious too.

This man for sure. He's clean, too.

In addition, I recommend Kevin James and this one ventriloquist when I remember his name ;/

Kevin James' lines aren't the best part - his body language/actions (particularly his facial expressions) make me laugh the most.

My favorite Kevin James quote is "yeah I'll have a coffee and OH MY GAWD!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwLFY5zStpg&feature=related

Not the best part of Sweat the Small Stuff, but it contains my favorite quote.

BIG OLAF
Jan 25, 2011, 05:35 PM
Brian Regan is the funniest man alive.

I'm surprised someone else here even knows Brian Regan. But, yes, he's hysterical. The voices and faces he does puts me in pieces.

My other favorites would probably be Daniel Tosh, Gabriel Iglesias, Mike Birbiglia, and Frank Caliendo. But, my list is bigger than that. Those are just the ones that stand out.

Chukie sue
Jan 25, 2011, 06:36 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Mike Birbiglia.

Robert_Garcia
Jan 26, 2011, 04:14 AM
Pablo Francisco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bzs37LAKY

Gabriel Iglesias:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ruZ7zad8g

Neith
Jan 26, 2011, 01:56 PM
Ross Noble, but you'd only like him if you love a completely random show. He does script some things, but tends to base most of the stand-up gig on whoever's interesting in the audience and runs with it until he ends with something completely insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVnqJKhM9rA

Unfortunately, clips are hard to show him at his best, you need to watch a whole stand-up gig to understand a lot of the recurring jokes, but he's hilarious.

Leviathan
Jan 26, 2011, 06:34 PM
this one ventriloquist when I remember his name ;/

Jeff Dunham? If it's Jeff Dunham, he's pretty meh-tier.

Good ones:

Steve Byrne.
Jo Koy.
Margaret Cho.
Stella. (Group of 3 guys, Michael, Michael, and Dave.)
Sklar Brothers.
Chelsea Handler.

And one no one would never thought of: Joan Rivers.

KodiaX987
Jan 27, 2011, 01:19 AM
Also, Michel Courtemanche:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtwdYDEsJpY

Fayorei
Jan 27, 2011, 01:22 AM
Mitch Hedburg. He passed away, but still excellent.

SStrikerR
Jan 27, 2011, 01:57 AM
How did I forget him. Definitely Russel Peters.

I just looked him up...not finding him funny at all.

Fox2Tails
Feb 2, 2011, 01:42 PM
I guess I'll throw Dara O'Briain on the pile, though he's not nearly as good as some of the greats mentioned.

You sir are smoking some serious shit there to think that. Go look up the cast list of Mock the Week and you'll find some of the greats