PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Deciding to join up...

Infernonyc
Jan 25, 2011, 02:02 AM
I missed out on all the fun with JP PSPo2 with max attacks, challenges etc. Now they seem dull and mostly everyone as run them till nausea. So I think that when the Infinity retail comes out, I will buy(have my JP psn all set up). My main concern is the language, I played PSPo2 JP for a few months, solo, but rlly enjoyed the US version much better for the simple fact that I understand English. So my question is, how many people here are planning on playing infinity and are going off of "translations" every other hour? Basically, I want to understand the community here and see if I'd be odd one out or if the majority do not understand Japanese. Sorry for horrible sentance formats, it's very late in NY, I'm sure I'll re-read this tom morning, vomit and edit,

-Inferno

Gintoki-kun
Jan 25, 2011, 02:19 AM
I missed out on all the fun with JP PSPo2 with max attacks, challenges etc. Now they seem dull and mostly everyone as run them till nausea. So I think that when the Infinity retail comes out, I will buy(have my JP psn all set up). My main concern is the language, I played PSPo2 JP for a few months, solo, but rlly enjoyed the US version much better for the simple fact that I understand English. So my question is, how many people here are planning on playing infinity and are going off of "translations" every other hour? Basically, I want to understand the community here and see if I'd be odd one out or if the majority do not understand Japanese. Sorry for horrible sentance formats, it's very late in NY, I'm sure I'll re-read this tom morning, vomit and edit,

-Inferno

Of course it late in NY,were the city that never sleeps lol.
I was thinking of also getting Infinity since it gonna be in stock as in March in the store I work in.But yeah the same thing was done to JP PSPo2,translations were done so probably the community will do the same for us.

Rehks
Jan 25, 2011, 02:22 AM
Well I plan to get it. My friend does game patches to make some of the jap into English. Im not sure if he will do it or not.

Wayu
Jan 25, 2011, 04:16 AM
If you need help learning Japanese, I can force get my brother to help you out. He's better at the teaching stuff than I.

Or just learn online, which might be more productive.

-Wayu

blace
Jan 25, 2011, 04:37 AM
Well, I would wait for a few reasons; 1) seeing as I don't know Japanese and my minimal knowledge in Chinese doesn't help, 2) I would like to use my save from USPSPo2 with all of my current equipment and such intact, 3) importing the Japanese version of the game will likely lower the chances of having the game localized.

Buying into the whole importing business shows that, they only need to put in minimal effort to get it advertised and lowers support for other regions.

Wayu
Jan 25, 2011, 04:42 AM
1) Chinese helps.
2) Convert your save. Contact funkyskunk.
3) Importing a JAPANESE game increases sales in JAPAN, and depending on how well it does in JAPAN Sega will determine whether to import it.

-Wayu

blace
Jan 25, 2011, 04:50 AM
1) Ironic that I'm Chinese, and know little to known.
2) I have had my save converted.
3) If people are just buying the game from Japan, then there's no need to supply the demand for a localised version, meaning there shouldn't even be different versions. Would be nice if all of the servers were interconnected though.

Wayu
Jan 25, 2011, 04:51 AM
If people were buying the JP version in the US, that would be a problem. But Sega has no way of knowing, so yeah.

And interconnected servers would be cool...if there were such thing as a server that could handle so many players at once.

-Wayu

blace
Jan 25, 2011, 04:53 AM
Only way of knowing would be to look at the shipping addresses for each game, other than that, it's just as you said they wouldn't know.

Wayu
Jan 25, 2011, 04:55 AM
Digital copies FTW.

-Wayu

blace
Jan 25, 2011, 04:57 AM
^Easily traced through the IP the game was obtained from.

Wayu
Jan 25, 2011, 05:03 AM
And why would Sega do that lol? No real point.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 25, 2011, 06:13 AM
And why would Sega do that lol? No real point.

-Wayu

How do you think Sakai was trolling you all this time?

He was having a potty break when you snagged your T. Hyori :-D

Wayu
Jan 25, 2011, 06:19 AM
^^;

Yeah, he noticed my Chinese IP address after I NEVER LOGGED ONLINE ONCE DURING THAT TIME.

Yeah.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 25, 2011, 06:22 AM
It's Dragon Sakai.

He has his ways.

Plus the whole PSN thing.