PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Screenshots and Movies - What Should They Do?

Googlebonker
Jan 28, 2011, 02:31 AM
Give us all some ideas of how you`d like SEGA to present their screenshots and movies!

It might be nice if SEGA let us take large screenshots but scaled back on the amount of space taken up by their copyright information. It`d be nice if we could also choose if we wanted our overlay (Character Status, Menus) to be showing or to have a more open screenshot.

Should SEGA use the same graphics in their cutscene movies as they have in their gameplay, or do you think they should really use the cutscene movies as a chance to show off how well they can make those cutscenes?

Also, would it be hard to have SEGA provide an option where we could also use their programs to record gameplay? Wouldn`t that take off of the load of the entire system (PC) if the same program we were playing on was also recording our gameplay into a file? It might be nicer than using another program to record gameplay while also running PSO2 at the same time.

NoiseHERO
Jan 28, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hopefully there is an ingame recording option...and an invisible interface mode for it as well >_>;;;

Then people could make some serious movies. 8D

Though now days machinima is just annoying in general...At least the ones that are always on TV.

Kirukia
Jan 28, 2011, 09:00 AM
I'd rather see gameplay. That matters to me a lot more then cutscenes spanning a few seconds.

Seth Astra
Jan 28, 2011, 09:26 AM
Maybe recordings could be handled something like Dissidia Final Fantasy. While editing one's videos can get a bit tricky, the system, for the most part,, is pretty perfect. Just have the player start and stop the recording at will. That'd work better for PSO. Perhaps screenshots could work something similar.

Allison_W
Jan 28, 2011, 02:15 PM
Personally, I want to see gameplay and character creation videos, with stills used primarily to show off things like environments, items, layouts, visual customizations (hairstyles/clothes/features/etc.), and the like as opposed to action. Cutscene previews don't especially interest me unless they're doing something funky like going back to comic-/manga-style panels.

BIG OLAF
Jan 28, 2011, 02:24 PM
Personally, I want to see gameplay and character creation videos, with stills used primarily to show off things like environments, items, layouts, visual customizations (hairstyles/clothes/features/etc.), and the like as opposed to action.

Everything Allison said, but the bolded parts especially, just to make sure they aren't going back to PSO's craptacular character creation. That's extremely important for me.

Also, slightly off-topic, but I hope they follow with Infinity's idea and put a screenshot feature into PSO2. Hell, and a video recorder, as well.

Kimil Adrayne
Jan 28, 2011, 04:07 PM
Also, slightly off-topic, but I hope they follow with Infinity's idea and put a screenshot feature into PSO2. Hell, and a video recorder, as well.

They already had screen cap ability prior to Infinity (on over PC based installment). Video capturing would be great though.

Screens of gameplay is most important for me. I first want to know how the game works, not how my character will look.

NoiseHERO
Jan 29, 2011, 03:54 AM
When they do give us gameplay images...I just hope it actually looks like gameplay...

When they had these screen shots for psu they made it seem like you'd be drawn into this giant futurist beautiful world of endless adventures...but it really turned out to just be a a small BOX of a room...]:

http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirectory/upload/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe.jpg

Kimil Adrayne
Jan 29, 2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah... PSU's original screens left the real product feel like a cheat.

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 25, 2011, 02:04 PM
Where is my Hucasts? Least I saw what appeared to be a Racast.