View Full Version : Sports Super Bowl Poll

Mantiskilla
Jan 28, 2011, 03:08 PM
Who ya got Steelers or Packers?

I got the Steelers

BIG OLAF
Jan 28, 2011, 03:12 PM
Packers, hopefully. I'm sick of seeing the Steelers, and Roethlisberger's fat, goofy egghead. Besides, I think Aaron Rodgers deserves to win a Superbowl, since he's been under scrutiny by hardcore Green Bay fans for "not being Brett Favre", and he needs/wants to prove himself.

Mantiskilla
Jan 28, 2011, 03:17 PM
Couldn't agree more about stupid Big Ben. Only problem is since like 75% of my family is either from Wisconsin or still lives there I usually have to hear it from them whenever the Pack make it to the "Big Game" It was so nice back in '97 when the Broncos (my fav team) took out the Packers in the Super Bowl. Speaking of which am I gonna have to pay royalties to the NFL for saying "Super Bowl" this many times, lol

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
If the last 5 years law of football physics is to be believed, I'd go for the Steelers. What law must you say? The one in which the football team that plays the very game that takes the Ravens out of the running, is the football team that wins the Superbowl. Just because Packers weren't the ones that did it, I'd think the Steelers would be that team.

Mantiskilla
Jan 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
If the last 5 years law of football physics is to be believed, I'd go for the Steelers. What law must you say? The one in which the football team that plays the very game that takes the Ravens out of the running, is the football team that wins the Superbowl. Just because Packers weren't the ones that did it, I'd think the Steelers would be that team.

Wait, hold up. Wouldn't last year be incorrect b/c Indy lost to New Orleans

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2011, 03:38 PM
Ummm... Forget that last year thing. That was um.........due to Chaos Theory. Yeah. That was what happened. Chaos Theory happened and spoiled the usual controlled experiment. I'll count that not as a fluke, but one of those random yet rare possibilities.

Mantiskilla
Jan 28, 2011, 03:48 PM
Ummm... Forget that last year thing. That was um.........due to Chaos Theory. Yeah. That was what happened. Chaos Theory happened and spoiled the usual controlled experiment. I'll count that not as a fluke, but one of those random yet rare possibilities.

haha yeah. If dude from Indy (Baskett) recovers the onside kick instead of alligator arming it....Indy prob wins the game, your theory stays intact, and all is right with the NFL Universe.

Randomness
Jan 28, 2011, 03:54 PM
I vote freak blizzard cancels the game.

BIG OLAF
Jan 28, 2011, 04:00 PM
I vote freak blizzard cancels the game.

In Arlington, TX? Well, it could happen. My sister only lives 30 minutes from Cowboys Stadium (lucky :() , and she said it's been snowing off an on for a week or so.

Mantiskilla
Jan 28, 2011, 04:07 PM
Jerry's World is straight up ridiculous! Went there last year to catch A&M play against Arky and that screen? Yeah even seeing it live doesn't do it justice. That thing is beyond massive, and a technical marvel to boot.

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2011, 04:18 PM
Funny one should talk about odd places to have a blizzard. The last time I was in Dallas there was a big blizzard that evening. I was simply travelling to Vegas for the first time, and the stop was in Dallas. Who would've thought that would be the one time the cold sky opened on a place that might not have seen it for a while.

McLaughlin
Jan 28, 2011, 07:58 PM
I'm banking on the Packers, since Rogers has been the best QB in the playoffs, although I think everyone should thank the Steelers for shutting up the Jets.

BIG OLAF
Jan 28, 2011, 08:05 PM
Jerry's World is straight up ridiculous! Went there last year to catch A&M play against Arky and that screen? Yeah even seeing it live doesn't do it justice. That thing is beyond massive, and a technical marvel to boot.

Yeah, it was special for me to go there and take the tour when I was visiting my sister, as most of my family, myself included, are Cowboys fans. It was like being at The Vatican, haha. The giant TV that sits above the field has to be seen to be believed.

Mantiskilla
Jan 29, 2011, 12:54 AM
I'm banking on the Packers, since Rogers has been the best QB in the playoffs, although I think everyone should thank the Steelers for shutting up the Jets.

+1. Gotta admit though they are a pretty good football team, that being the Jets

Split
Jan 29, 2011, 11:51 AM
+1. Gotta admit though they are a pretty good football team, that being the JetsFuck the Jets. Rex Ryan is a terrible person. Mark Sanchez is overrated. LT is a cocky bastard. etc. etc.

BIG OLAF
Jan 29, 2011, 11:56 AM
Rex Ryan is a terrible person.

Yeah, he's pretty annoying. Hopefully for Dallas, his brother, Rob, isn't.

Ryno
Jan 29, 2011, 12:07 PM
Packers, hopefully. I'm sick of seeing the Steelers, and Roethlisberger's fat, goofy egghead. Besides, I think Aaron Rodgers deserves to win a Superbowl, since he's been under scrutiny by hardcore Green Bay fans for "not being Brett Favre", and he needs/wants to prove himself.

Same here i'm going for the packers. The Steelers won too much super bowls. Steelers fans love the Terrible Towel. In fact, there hasn't been an inexplicable love for an inanimate object this big since Germans started flocking to David Hasselhoff concerts. While those who hail from Steeler or Packer territory will be relatively evenly split inside Cowboys Stadium with around 7% each, the most fans in attendance will be local living Lone Star staters who have purchased more than a quarter of the seats, according to NFL Ticket Exchange sources.

DoubleJG
Jan 29, 2011, 06:20 PM
Steelers for the win.

Chukie sue
Feb 6, 2011, 11:07 PM
I actually called this entire game, except I said packers would win by 10.

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2011, 11:11 PM
Well now we know why the Steelers only run the ball.

Split
Feb 6, 2011, 11:40 PM
Snore Bowl '11 woooo.

Yay Packers I guess. Ben Roethlisberger raped a girl. Also, Hines Ward is a douche.

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 11:50 PM
Yay Packers I guess. Ben Roethlisberger raped a girl. Also, the Steelers are all douches.

Fixed. I think the Packers deserved their win. Wasn't the prettiest game (Nelson, catch some god-damned balls), but a win's a win. Rodgers needed to prove his Favre-loving dissenters wrong, and he did that.

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2011, 11:51 PM
I wasn't really expecting much excitement, they were ranked the 1st and 2nd defenses in the league.

Best parts were Christina screwing up the anthem and the Black Eyed Peas illustrating their total lack of talent without post-production effects.

Split
Feb 6, 2011, 11:59 PM
Fixed. I think the Packers deserved their win. Wasn't the prettiest game (Nelson, catch some god-damned balls), but a win's a win. Rodgers needed to prove his Favre-loving dissenters wrong, and he did that.Ehhhh well I like Troy Polamalu, and Mike Tomlin's a good coach. Besides that though, yeah pretty much. Cheers. :beer:

Gunslinger-08
Feb 6, 2011, 11:59 PM
[/B]
Fixed. I think the Packers deserved their win. Wasn't the prettiest game (Nelson, catch some god-damned balls), but a win's a win. Rodgers needed to prove his Favre-loving dissenters wrong, and he did that.

Slow down. Polamalu isn't a douche. The rest of the team is, though.

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2011, 12:07 AM
All right, Polamalu isn't a douche. He's a pretty nice guy with good sportsmanship. But, he has to have a little bit of douche in him. I mean, he had a 1 million dollar insurance policy taken out on his hair (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/31/troy-polamalu-hair-insure_n_700047.html). Well, technically he didn't, but still. Come on.

On a slight topic change, is it normal to want to assassinate the Black Eyed Peas after that so-bad-it's-funny halftime show?

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2011, 10:36 AM
Yep. Interesting turn out. Looks like the New Orleans thing did indeed repeat, this year.

Chukie sue
Feb 7, 2011, 11:03 AM
I've heard Polamalu's a really nice guy, but that didn't stop me from teasing him.

I really didnt care much about this game except the packers have much better colors, and my cousin moved to Wisconsin a year ago.

On the other hand, I know Roethlisberger's niece, and she beat me at ping pong.

Palle
Feb 7, 2011, 07:59 PM
Was very pleased with the SBXLV-related comments on the YouTube's posting of the MST3K episode "Giant Spider Invasion". A great denouement the the NFL's biggest show.