PDA

View Full Version : Gold Bars

Ryno
Jan 29, 2011, 06:59 PM
i add it to my PM and then i can sell it for a higher price more than a stack right?
but when i search for an item i dont see anyone selling items more than a stack in player shops using gold bars. why is that?
unless do i have to use a gold bar to see it?? (i'm guessing)
i dont want to purchase it and waste my meseta over nothing.
just want to be on th safe side and see if anyone knows.

Darki
Jan 29, 2011, 10:36 PM
I don't know what do you mean because I don't understand half of your post... But well, here's the basic info about GBs:

Gold bars, you can buy them in the NPC for 10M and sell them to NPCs for 10M too, so this way, you can stack quantities of meseta higher than a "stack" of meseta... For example if you have 20 gold bars, that means you can sell them to the NPC for a total of 200M.

They're no consumable or add-on to your PM or room (but I guess your confusion comes from the NPC who sells them because it's the PM Device one), they're just that, items made so you can hold more than 99,999.999 meseta on you and do trades worth as much as you want without being scammed (much). You don't see prices go over the stack because the shop is still the same. What people do in JP servers is to use forums or the shop info post and leave messages like "S> Red / Knight = 34 GB", which would be 340M.

oG Epik
Jan 30, 2011, 11:27 AM
Well since this came up i haev been asking my friends how to make cash ASAP and they told me to buy a 1600 MP card and sell it for 16 Gbs? do people really spend 160m on that?

str898mustang
Jan 30, 2011, 01:30 PM
Well since this came up i haev been asking my friends how to make cash ASAP and they told me to buy a 1600 MP card and sell it for 16 Gbs? do people really spend 160m on that?

u can get banned for that.

oG Epik
Jan 30, 2011, 05:46 PM
Yes i know but im saying do people really waste 160m for something that cost 20$?

Dragwind
Jan 30, 2011, 06:05 PM

Indeed, you can get banned for that.

desturel
Jan 31, 2011, 11:36 AM
To clarify what Darki is saying, you can't use Gold Bars to buy and sell things in player shops. It's not a direct currency like meseta. You have to trade Gold Bars to people for their items.

Since using Gold Bars is still a trade window transaction, you still have the problem of scamming. It's not an optimal system, but it's better than what we had before which was carrying a stack on each character then opening a second account just to hold extra meseta.

NiceOnes
Jan 31, 2011, 12:54 PM
How do you suggest we protect ourselves from the trade window scam with these large transactions?

I tend not trade items worth more than a stack with anyone other than trusted friends because I fear getting scammed...

Are witnesses and capture card footage etc good enough to protect you from scammers? Will SEGAC even act on something like this?