PDA

View Full Version : Does Mags Still Lose 5% Sync At Lvl 200?

Para
Mar 12, 2003, 07:42 PM
my mag is also lvl 200 but i fear that it might still lose sync at lvl 200 if i dont deposit it before quitting....
and i cant feed it at lvl 200 right?

SSDDR
Mar 12, 2003, 07:47 PM
yes, you can feed it to raise iq/sync

Driadyte
Mar 12, 2003, 07:51 PM
Assuming you're on GC PSO:

Mags can still be fed at level 200, and everything still increases, but doesn't level up (the bar will just be full), including IQ and Sync.

Mags no longer lose Sync % when you save and quit. The only time you lose Sync now is when you die (5%), or when you use an item that lowers Sync.

My advice: Don't worry bout sync. Once you get to Ultimate, PBs become pretty useless, and you'll probably be dying quite a bit so your Sync will go down the sh*tter really fast.

scmfxt
Mar 12, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-03-12 16:51, Driadyte wrote:
Assuming you're on GC PSO:

Mags can still be fed at level 200, and everything still increases, but doesn't level up (the bar will just be full), including IQ and Sync.

Mags no longer lose Sync % when you save and quit. The only time you lose Sync now is when you die (5%), or when you use an item that lowers Sync.

My advice: Don't worry bout sync. Once you get to Ultimate, PBs become pretty useless, and you'll probably be dying quite a bit so your Sync will go down the sh*tter really fast.

I disagree about PBs become useless in Ultimate. I wish my PB is full every time so I can eliminate those pesky monsters. I guess it depend on your mag status for the attack to do any good damage. My 2 main PBs are Pilla and Estlla. I usually use Pilla and it does 600-2000 damage on all close by enemy. Save me the trouble when a whole swamp coming at me and most of their HP is depleted by the PB. An instance save.

Celes152
Mar 12, 2003, 09:39 PM
(s)he is playing V2. PBs are crap in Ultimate.

Yes, it will go down 5 everytime you quit the game or leave a team. You can bank it before you quit to prevent this.

Para
Mar 12, 2003, 11:26 PM
what about PC/v2? can i still feed it at lvl 200 to raise my sync? o.Oa;;

Celes152
Mar 13, 2003, 01:44 PM
PC v2 is identical to DC v2, so yes. You can feed it at level 200 to raise Sync and IQ.

VulpesMundi
Mar 13, 2003, 01:59 PM
I disagree. PBs are quite useful in every difficulty. You just have to use the right ones for the right situations (ie. Mylla & Youlla for HUmars and droids who don't have someone to cast Shifta & Deband on them). PBs are especially useful when they're used in a combo. A four-PB combo can give crazy damage and an insane ATP & DFP boost that's far better than even Shifta & Deband 30. Heck, even a two-PB combo is better than Shifta & Deband 30. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Slightly back on topic, the whole deal revolving around the level 200 bit and why people get the misconception to not feed them is that non-special MAGs may change forms if fed by a different class/ID. Save for some Panzer Tails I earned, almost all my MAGs throughout ver.1&2 were basics. And since most classes and IDs gave me bad evolutions, I used to feed them with a different character to get what I wanted. Thus don't feed it or it'll change back comes into effect.

Celes152
Mar 13, 2003, 05:36 PM
PBs are useful..in GCN. On Version 2 they were utterly weak in Ultimate. M&Y was useful..yes. Others were only good for linking with it.

Para
Mar 13, 2003, 08:04 PM
i found my pilla to be very useful in ult mines since it deals 2k +