PDA

View Full Version : PSU - PSPo story

Aerilas
Feb 1, 2011, 10:14 AM
Alright, I don't want to steal Googlebonker's light here, but since the name of his topic is ep1-4, i thought I'd ask my question here.

We all read the story on PSO 1 --> 4 and perhaps how PS0 fits in it now.

Can anyone tell me the story of PSU (and pspo if it's connected to PSO2)?
I merely played it since it didn't grab me like PSO did.

Kenbog
Feb 1, 2011, 07:47 PM
Alright, I don't want to steal Googlebonker's light here, but since the name of his topic is ep1-4, i thought I'd ask my question here.

We all read the story on PSO 1 --> 4 and perhaps how PS0 fits in it now.

Can anyone tell me the story of PSU (and pspo if it's connected to PSO2)?
I merely played it since it didn't grab me like PSO did.

Well the story is pretty hard to explain because the timeline goes in every direction and some events even happen in between.

PSU ----------------> Innocent Girl -> PSpo1 -> PSU AOTI epi2 -> epi3 ---------------------> pspo2 -> PSpo2i
__\->Firebreak-/ ____________ \-> Shadow of the Arkguard-/__ \->Shred the darkness
__________________________________________________ __\-> magashi's plan

[spoiler-box]
To keep it short, some extremist group called the Illuminous wants to regain human rights of being the master of all races and uses ancient powers called the SEED to infect planets to gain control over it but are being overwhelmed by its force and became possessed by its power and starting to be a thread across the system.
that is basically the story of psu.
then 3 years after the events on psu, pspo2 starts in the same global system after the war against the SEED they lack on resources and create a sub space system to immigrate them from other locations out of Gural... well I think I should replay pspo2 again sorry[/spoiler-box]

Mike
Feb 1, 2011, 08:37 PM
We don't know how yet, but the next Portable game will connect the PSU universe, of which the Portable games are a part of, and the PSO universe. We don't know how yet but we do know that both Rico and Flowen make appearances in the game.

Kent
Feb 2, 2011, 12:22 AM
We don't know how yet, but the next Portable game will connect the PSU universe, of which the Portable games are a part of, and the PSO universe. We don't know how yet but we do know that both Rico and Flowen make appearances in the game.
This is like the fourth time someone has said this here, and I've yet to actually hear any reasoning as to why people think this (other than "go look it up yourself").

Ceresa
Feb 2, 2011, 12:35 AM
This is like the fourth time someone has said this here, and I've yet to actually hear any reasoning as to why people think this (other than "go look it up yourself").

The connection was mentioned with the very first news of Infinity.

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2010/08/100826b.html
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinite-scan/

I'm interested as to what your curiosity's breaking point would have been before you did look it up yourself though.

landman
Feb 2, 2011, 12:48 AM
Because sega said they will be connected, and they showed an ancient pioneer like ship in one of the trailers and we have seen screenshots of Rico in a mission dialogue, but we will not know the details until the game is released, and someone translates the story for the ones who don't know japanese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm7E8fUqrjY

Mike
Feb 2, 2011, 02:09 AM
Aside from screenshots showing Rico and Flowen in game, there are screenshots of Rico conversing and screenshots the PSO pillars in Infinity with Nagisa, the heroine of Infinity, reading the markings to essentially what Rico left down in her message capsules. "Light, darkness, a pair," I forget the rest. There's also Landman's video with the Pioneer-esqe flying thing. While it's no Pioneer ship, it's very similar.

Why these clearly PSO related characters and things are in the new Portable game is the mystery. To steal one of Landman's comments, it could be VR related sidestories. It's something we don't know yet so I probably should have said "will attempt to clearly connect" instead of "will connect" but that's the way things are looking.

GCoffee
Feb 2, 2011, 02:29 AM
I am still not sure about that whole connection thing. As you said Mike, if Rico and Flowen just are showing up in VR and playing through their roles, nothing more would be connected than by the end of episode 3, where the PSO levels and few mosnters already popped up, but the only explanation was 'memories of someone'. So if we play the VR now and they find out it are Rico's memories for an instance, they might jsut end up saying 'oh hey, they are her memories! Case closed!' and that's it.

Kierto
Feb 2, 2011, 03:47 AM
Not to mention the immense fanservice of you being able to (large PSPo2i spoilers) get Rico and Flowen Partner Cards/as Partner Characters in Infinity. There is also the whole curiosity of how (more large Infinity spoilers) Dark Falz is going to return in Infinity.. through crystals!

Curious what VAs they will have, you can just about hear Rico's in the trailer.

Anyone remember back when PSU was first announced/extremely overhyped and it was made a big deal that PSU was not connected in any way at all to PSO? It was a seperate entity, a new fandom, in a whole new world! (..erp)