PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Data corruption problems?

Neo Flint
Feb 1, 2011, 09:11 PM
I've already heard of about four people who've already had this dilemma including one in our very forums. I'm a little worried that all my hard work will be vain sooner or later unless I do something. So is backing up my data really necessary?

I'm afraid I don't know how... *shrugs*

PurpleIsGood
Feb 1, 2011, 09:14 PM
Backing up data isn't essential, but very helpful(especially if you're paranoid). I would do it, but I don't have a USB cable, which is what you need to do it. Connect your PSP to the computer and go to the settings thing. There should be a USB connection selection. A folder should appear on your computer, with all your save data. I'm not to sure about anything further on from here however =/

Neo Flint
Feb 1, 2011, 09:16 PM
Would the USB cable from my PS3 do?

Broken_L_button
Feb 1, 2011, 09:19 PM
Nope, since the PS3's USB socket is of a different size. I'd suggest using one from a camera or something, since they have the same socket shape and size. Worst case scenario, buy one at Gamestop for 5 bucks.

FOkyasuta
Feb 1, 2011, 09:30 PM
Ask some one who actually has one.

MotleyKhon
Feb 1, 2011, 09:41 PM
Would the USB cable from my PS3 do?

yes, its what i use :)

FOkyasuta
Feb 1, 2011, 09:44 PM
yes, its what i use :)

Agreed? Agreed.

MotleyKhon
Feb 1, 2011, 09:59 PM
And tbf,
the whole data corruption thing is common sense,
If you see a hacker, dont save your game.
Dont join any gf/bf games, a good general rule is not to join games hosted by lvl 200 characters.
If anything seems suspicious, its best just to leave game without saving.
Ive managed to get to lvl 90 without ever having to use my backup data.
Just stay vigilant and youll be fine ;)

vPharaohv
Feb 1, 2011, 10:13 PM
I back up on my computer but you can also back up data on a second memory stick. Both are easy. I usually back up data everyday before I go online then put each save in a folder with the date I played on.

Kirukia
Feb 1, 2011, 10:59 PM
It should appear as a "Removeable Device" I believe, and it will be onnnn F: Drive?

Anyway, open that and open the PSP Folder, then Save Data Folder.
Copy the ULUS10529 Folder and paste it elsewhere (I chose my desktop).

If your data gets corrupted, you can replace the corrupted folder with the one you copied to your computer.

Neo Flint
Feb 2, 2011, 02:49 PM
There we go. Backed up my data successfully. Now I can rest easy. Thanks everyone! ^^