PDA

View Full Version : A Lotta Demands Here

Wayu
Feb 5, 2011, 06:41 AM
Not my demands, apparently this forum area's:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=812&pictureid=18437
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=812&pictureid=18438
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=812&pictureid=18439

Did the revolution of the proletariat begin already? Either way, unless we can contact the Sega peeps heading this project directly...

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Feb 5, 2011, 06:46 AM
Many people treat this game as if it were the coming of Christ. As such, they are extremely passionate and want everything to be perfect. And many minds don't think the same, and there are many little details that must be evaluated and opinionated to ensure that the words of the majority can be shared.

But as you said, unless Sega actually finds and reads all these threads, or much less cares, then all our words will not reach the heavens and instead come crashing back down to ourselves.

And to many wondering, no, this is not a hate thread. Just one of awareness.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2011, 09:03 AM
Yup, it's a class case of "expecting too much". There's going to be a lot of pissed off people 'round these parts once the game comes out, I predict...

EDIT:...which is fine with me. Should be funny.

NoiseHERO
Feb 5, 2011, 11:30 AM
The PS series for a lot of people is pretty much the closest thing to the ultimate online game...

So of course over the years people have gotten many of their own creative and unique ideas that they feel would make the game perfect.

The theres the scarey pso purists.

Then theres just the people that don't want the game to suck in general.

and all the arguing inbetween.

Arkios
Feb 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
Yup, it's a class case of "expecting too much". There's going to be a lot of pissed off people 'round these parts once the game comes out, I predict...

EDIT:...which is fine with me. Should be funny.

I'm going to laugh when SEGA delivers everything and MORE and all our hopes and dreams come true.

/end delusion

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2011, 12:12 AM
High hopes and passionate demands for a game everyone is anticipating on a forum that belongs to a 10+ year old website, created in dedication to the game that said anticipated game is a direct sequel of.

And you find this behavior astonishing...why, again?

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 12:58 AM
High hopes and passionate demands for a game everyone is anticipating on a forum that belongs to a 10+ year old website, created in dedication to the game that said anticipated game is a direct sequel of.

And you find this behavior astonishing...why, again?

I find it astonishing because I, personally, don't see what was so great about PSO. I missed the bandwagon when it first came out. I had a Gamecube by then and didn't bother with the Dreamcast version, and never even knew what PSO was until years after I started on PSU. Even so, I only played PSO for a brief period of time a couple of years ago, and wasn't impressed. At all. The only things that I found even moderately good about PSO was the exciting environments and the awesome soundtrack. Besides that, I'm not hypnotized by this wave of nostalgic nonsense that everyone else is so gripped by. I guess I just don't understand what everyone else saw/still sees in it, and I find it more than a bit sad that all these people have basically been sitting around, twiddling their thumbs for ~10 years waiting for a "true sequel".

Call me what you will, but I don't get it.

NoiseHERO
Feb 6, 2011, 01:11 AM
I find it astonishing because I, personally, don't see what was so great about PSO. I missed the bandwagon when it first came out. I had a Gamecube by then and didn't bother with the Dreamcast version, and never even knew what PSO was until years after I started on PSU. Even so, I only played PSO for a brief period of time a couple of years ago, and wasn't impressed. At all. So, I'm not hypnotized by this wave of nostalgic nonsense that everyone else is so gripped by. I guess I just don't understand what everyone else saw/still sees in it, and I find it more than a bit sad that all these people have basically been sitting around, twiddling their thumbs for ~10 years waiting for a "true sequel".

Just keep telling yourself that Sega's going to fly back to the Stone Age (2001), buddy. We'll see who has a delusion.

Lets just say due to this franchises uniqueness PS fans are extremely dedicated............*points @ some of the people who still play psu after sega screwed us over dozens of times.

The same can be said for fans who still play pso, I possibly don't know how anyone could spend a decade on one game at all either...but they can...and you're in their forums...>_>;;;

Also pso was a million times better of course before psu came out, even though like 1/5th of the community got pissed with its results and "went back to pso" I still find everything about psu to be better...other than a few of pso's simple charms(which are no longer charming...) and a few epic stage designs (really only the ep2 stuff) other than that, you may as well be playing super mario brothers 1 for 30 years straight...

I think my posts are getting repetative...-Oh also Arkios is a troll disguised as a pso purist, it's tooooooooooooo obvious; Don't feed him! D:

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 01:14 AM
*points @ some of the people who still play psu after sega screwed us over dozens of times.*

>.>

<.<

*hides*

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 01:24 AM
I find it astonishing because I, personally, don't see what was so great about PSO. I missed the bandwagon when it first came out. I had a Gamecube by then and didn't bother with the Dreamcast version, and never even knew what PSO was until years after I started on PSU. Even so, I only played PSO for a brief period of time a couple of years ago, and wasn't impressed. At all. The only things that I found even moderately good about PSO was the exciting environments and the awesome soundtrack. Besides that, I'm not hypnotized by this wave of nostalgic nonsense that everyone else is so gripped by. I guess I just don't understand what everyone else saw/still sees in it, and I find it more than a bit sad that all these people have basically been sitting around, twiddling their thumbs for ~10 years waiting for a "true sequel".

Yeah you missed the bandwagon so you wouldn't know,but most of us did play PSO when we where young and it was the first good online game for it's time.So yes when PSU came out and killed our enthusiasm and wiped out half our playerbase then yeah,you would understand why we want a true sequel.If they cant do it they should just let it die.I'm not messing with SEGA anymore and if they fail,I hope they go out of business,because they cant produce any more good games.(Looking at PSO then PSU,I'm thinking what the fuck happened.)That's not the game I fell in love with and I hope after this PSU is only portable games from now on. (Also I don't like SEGA's shitty service,and I wont play unless everything is global.)

Arkios
Feb 6, 2011, 01:45 AM

This right here is exactly what us "PSO Purists" get so irritated with.

You just admitted that you've barely played PSO, yet post after post you continue to bash PSO and claim it's a ten year old caveman game that is terrible. Seriously, play the game to Ultimate, get a couple rare drops and have some friends to play with... then come back and tell me the game sucks.

I strongly doubt that anyone here has been "sitting around waiting for a sequel for 10 years". Most of us have moved onto other franchises after experiencing the atrocity that was PSU. (Unlike the PSU fanboys on this site, I've actually played both games). I just recently came back because I was bored with WoW and the other games I've been playing and decided to see what was new on the PS scene.

I actually just started a fresh game on PSOGC, going melee FOmarl and almost to Hard mode. Freakin' Soul Eater quest line takes forever. It's just as good as I remember though.

Don't take my word for it though. Look at the changes from PSp1 to PSp2 and now to PSp2i. They've been progressively REVERTING the changes they made in PSU and slowly bringing the game back to what it was in PSO. Without PSO, you'd never have your precious PSU. So you should be thanking us "PSO Purists" for investing so much time into a "crappy" game that it actually got sequels and spin-offs.

I think my posts are getting repetative...-Oh also Arkios is a troll disguised as a pso purist, it's tooooooooooooo obvious; Don't feed him! D:

Just because my point of view is not the same as the majority of the users here... that doesn't make me a troll.

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 01:56 AM
This right here is exactly what us "PSO Purists" get so irritated with.

You just admitted that you've barely played PSO, yet post after post you continue to bash PSO and claim it's a ten year old caveman game that is terrible. Seriously, play the game to Ultimate, get a couple rare drops and have some friends to play with... then come back and tell me the game sucks.

I strongly doubt that anyone here has been "sitting around waiting for a sequel for 10 years". Most of us have moved onto other franchises after experiencing the atrocity that was PSU. (Unlike the PSU fanboys on this site, I've actually played both games). I just recently came back because I was bored with WoW and the other games I've been playing and decided to see what was new on the PS scene.

I actually just started a fresh game on PSOGC, going melee FOmarl and almost to Hard mode. Freakin' Soul Eater quest line takes forever. It's just as good as I remember though.

Don't take my word for it though. Look at the changes from PSp1 to PSp2 and now to PSp2i. They've been progressively REVERTING the changes they made in PSU and slowly bringing the game back to what it was in PSO. Without PSO, you'd never have your precious PSU. So you should be thanking us "PSO Purists" for investing so much time into a "crappy" game that it actually got sequels and spin-offs.

Uh, actually I got a character to the mid-100 levels on PSO. And, I did play Ultimate. And, I did get some "good" rares. And, I did play with friends. Still not impressed. Sure, it was mildly entertaining, but I still didn't see the pull that everyone else claims it has.

Also, I never said the game "sucks". Not once did I use that word. I said I don't see why everyone else thinks it's so great. I'm not like the PSU bashers; I don't outright deny that PSO has any sort of good features. I don't act like PSO was "The Black Death" of video games (like the PSOers think about PSU). I admit that PSO had features that outweighed PSU's, but I don't outright deny that the inverse is also true. I'm not as rude as the PSO purists when it comes to saying "LOL PSU WUZ BAD Y U PLAY IT? U STUPID.", so don't label me a villain. I realize people have different opinions, and I was stating mine without meaning to be offensive.

I like PSU, and I take offense when PSO fans just bust in and say that it's a "bad game" just because they don't like it. I don't think PSO is a "bad game" just because I don't like it (it just wasn't for me). I guess asking for the same respect back is a mistake.

As for "reverting" changes from PSU to PSO through Infinity, not really. Only thing I see from PSO is finding pre-leveled PA discs instead of leveling them up yourself.

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 01:59 AM
Uh, actually I got a character to the mid-100 levels on PSO. And, I did play Ultimate. And, I did get some "good" rares. And, I did play with friends. Still not impressed. Sure, it was mildly entertaining, but I still didn't see the pull that everyone else claims it has.

Also, I never said the game "sucks". Not once did I use that word. I said I don't see why everyone else thinks it's so great. I'm not like the PSU bashers; I don't outright deny that PSO has any sort of good features. I don't act like PSO was "The Black Death" of video games (like the PSOers think about PSU). I admit that PSO had features that outweighed PSU's, but I don't outright deny that the inverse is also true. I'm not as rude as the PSO purists when it comes to saying "LOL PSU WUZ BAD Y U PLAY IT? U STUPID.", so don't label me a villain.

As for "reverting" changes from PSU to PSO through Infinity, not really. Only thing I see from PSO is finding pre-leveled PA discs instead of leveling them up yourself.

PSU killed the PS series (imho)

Arkios
Feb 6, 2011, 02:15 AM

Also, I never said the game "sucks". Not once did I use that word. I said I don't see why everyone else thinks it's so great. I'm not like the PSU bashers; I don't outright deny that PSO has any sort of good features. I don't act like PSO was "The Black Death" of video games (like the PSOers think about PSU). I admit that PSO had features that outweighed PSU's, but I don't outright deny that the inverse is also true. I'm not as rude as the PSO purists when it comes to saying "LOL PSU WUZ BAD Y U PLAY IT? U STUPID.", so don't label me a villain. I realize people have different opinions, and I was stating mine without meaning to be offensive.

I like PSU, and I take offense when PSO fans just bust in and say that it's a "bad game" just because they don't like it. I don't think PSO is a "bad game" just because I don't like it (it just wasn't for me). I guess asking for the same respect back is a mistake.

The difference is that PSU was factually a bad game. The community has spoken, reviewers have spoken and sales/subscribers have spoken.

Phantasy Star Universe was a bad game. I'm not bashing you for playing it. If you like it, then by all means keep playing it. Heck, I spent hours playing Superman 64... despite the fact that it's regarded as one of the worst games ever. Just because I enjoyed the game doesn't make it a good game though.

NoiseHERO
Feb 6, 2011, 02:31 AM
Unless theres a million japanese pso purists somewhere in the world that sega's listening to; Of this I'm not sure... Then the only thing I can say is have fun waiting another half a decade for PSO HD.

Arkios
Feb 6, 2011, 03:28 AM
Unless theres a million japanese pso purists somewhere in the world that sega's listening to; Of this I'm not sure... Then the only thing I can say is have fun waiting another half a decade for PSO HD.

We'll find out in April. I'm going to play it regardless of what it turns out to be. If it's a bad game, I'll stop playing it, easy enough.

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2011, 04:24 AM
Christ people...

First, lets separate "PSO Purists" from "Those who perfer PSO", because there is a big difference between the two. Personally, from my opinion, PSO Purists who lothe PSU are no different than PSU players who skipped PSO when it was a fresh game. I don't believe they could have given PSU a decent chance if they call it a "bad game."

I've logged hundreds of hours on both games myself. Personally, i believe the gameplay of PSO is the superior of the two out of personal preference. Why? Because PSO's gameplay revolved around variety. PSU revolves more around sheer combat. Also, many of PSU's systems were horribly flawed in execution in comparison to what made PSO tick, and it just created a ton of issues when it came to staying interested in the game. Synthesis, Element System, Technics, Just Attack, Photon Art Leveling and balance, Mission Points...i could go deeper into this, but i dont really think I have to. So many of the "features" put into PSU actually had the opposite effect to the fun of the gameplay, whether it was ruining your items, limiting the amount of useful missions to run, or just flat-out boring you to death.

PSO not only featured a better weapon system (Tekker), but also had a much better variety of environments and enemy types. The Extra Attack and Tekker System essentially gave you the ability to continuously find unique drops and alter your battle approach. Not to mention, the Extra Attack ability added much more depth to Rare Drops in PSO. Compare the Tsumikiri J-Sword to the Agito Replica, Ely Sion, or ANY of PSU's ultimate weapons. There is no comparison. Some Rares had special attacks that made them useful even outside their stats. The bosses were more intricate in design, and enemies were much more diverse in their attack patterns. The soundtrack was hundreds of trillions times better than anything in PSU's lifetime. MAGs, one of my favorite (lost) aspects of PSO, allowed the player to 1) add a self-progression aspect to their character, 2) customize stats and improve their character WITHOUT grinding (genius), 3) not have to start from complete scratch on new characters, and 4) add a new amount of depth to the game and teamwork when it came to Mag Blast Chaining/Donations and finding out the different feeding charts for the different evolutions. There are also many other aspects of the game that were done in PSO better than in PSU, but i think i can stop here.

I will say, however, that PSU did add alot of decent concepts to the game. While i very much dislike the Action Pallet (Admit it. The Quick Menu in PSO was superior in EVERY way.), I do think the idea of Right/Left handed and Two-Handed weapons was a fresh idea. I enjoy the improvement to Traps as well. I fell in LOVE with the customization in this game too. The community aspect of the game was improved past any MMO ive ever played in my life. My Room, Cut-in Chat, Lobby Actions (although PSO's were more plentyful and you were able to do them in battle) and being able to choose "shout" or "cloudy" text bubbles was super fun too. Overall i'd say the COMMUNITY aspect is where most everything in this game actually DID work out.

Anyway, the bottom line here is that PSO was, from a technical standpoint, a MUCH more solid game than PSU has ever gotten close to being in almost every aspect, at least until PSP2 came onto the scene. PSU added ALOT of things to the game, but it feels like it lacked the sort of clear direction in what they were trying to achieve. Too many aspects of PSU were half-assed. And the most infuriating part is, they could have fixed alot of these issues, but they were more often than not overlooked. I dont perfer PSO over PSU thanks to some sort of strong nostalgia. I just feel that it was a superior game, in all it's execution. I dont expect others to feel that way, though. This isn't 11 years ago, and alot has changed.

edit: You know what? The difference between PSO and PSU exists mostly because of who created Phantasy Star Online. The old Sonic Team used to create some of the most impressive, technologically and graphically advanced games of their time. Back when every other game they did was something unique. Kind of like the old Squaresoft, you know? Back before everything was about selling out. But these days, Sonic Team is only known for the most disappointing, half-assed games of their time. Literally. This whole "Old vs. New" argument? The hardcore Sonic fans are having it too for the exact same reason. Sonic Team and Sega are just completely different than what they used to be. I dont EXPECT much from PSO2 because i know that it just isn't the same group of people. While Phantasy Star luckly hasn't been getting the COMPLETE and TOTAL thrashing that Sonic the Hedgehog has been getting, it has definitely suffered from this.

Dongra
Feb 6, 2011, 04:44 AM
My biggest problem with PSU was that it had the potential to be a good game but was, unfortunately, killed by poor support from Sega and a single minded community, even more so than PSO's community. The combat was nice and fluid and Photon Arts, before they were spammed to hell, added some unique attacks, though I still missed extra attacks. The rare items were abundant, though many became obsolete and most rares in PSU were boring reskins, and weren't as freakishly impossible to get as they were in PSO. I'm not a fan of the art style, but I have to say my favorite part of the game was the customization. It was easy to make a unique character in PSU which is something that was not easy to do in PSO, and the My Room allowed players to deck out and feel good about their own personal space. I also loved the idea of player shops. No longer do I have to rely on a forum or make a game to sell and trade. Despite all this, the game just didn't leave a lasting impact for me. I did have fun during my time with the game, at least up until White Beast.

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2011, 05:02 AM
I dislike it when people blame the community for things like PSU's shortcomings. It was ONLY Sega to blame for the immense fuckups that came with this game's development choices. It was them who allowed the game to be shipped with the terrible resource management on consoles and whatnot. It was their fault the rares wern't as impactful because they spoonfed us content months at a time. And it was most definitely their fault for allowing AotI to trash the balance of the game by allowing the players to add instant-criticals to entire photon arts.

They were just lazy with this game. From the moment i popped my pre-ordered PSU disc into my Playstation 2 and began playing story mode, i could feel the sort of empty feeling the game had to it. It just felt like it was released a year too early, and they never caught up. At least, not until PSP2 was released. It's a bit different now, but everything wrong with PSU is Sega's fault. Not to attack u or anything dongra.

Wayu
Feb 6, 2011, 06:00 AM
I like PSO over PSU for it's...well, mostly everything besides combat and customization (didn't go online). Even then, didn't really like the PSU combat.

I like PSP2 over PSO for everything but its soundtrack and designs. That being said, liking Infinity more than PSP2 for absolutely everything.

Also, we're kinda deviating from the original purpose of the topic, which was to highlight the fact that despite our demands, unless SEGA comes here and says hi our demands are going to fall short and we'll be disappointed.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Feb 6, 2011, 06:19 AM
I dunno some people have demands...others just have ideas of what they think would make the game better, we still don't know what sega's going to do.

And like what arkios said, we're all probably going to be playing the game regardless like it or not for some period of time.

Still I don't think the game can come out too bad I mean...It's still phantasy star...unless PSU haters, get that same feeling psu gave them somehow.

If it has everything that made pso epic, and everything that made psu feel romantic and everything that makes psp2 fun plus more. Then the only way it can suck is if sega spills chocolate chip juice on all of the data.

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 08:55 AM
I like PSO over PSU for it's...well, mostly everything besides combat and customization (didn't go online). Even then, didn't really like the PSU combat.

I like PSP2 over PSO for everything but its soundtrack and designs. That being said, liking Infinity more than PSP2 for absolutely everything.

Also, we're kinda deviating from the original purpose of the topic, which was to highlight the fact that despite our demands, unless SEGA comes here and says hi our demands are going to fall short and we'll be disappointed.

-Wayu

I cant even try it (no psp) I also really dont even know what to expect from SEGA,and I'm keeping expectations low.Sakai worked on the first one,and he should know what fans want.I sent some letters to SEGA japan on the PSO2 website.The inspiration message,fuck inspiration,I'm giving demands..(I also also translated it in japenese.)

Wayu
Feb 6, 2011, 09:13 AM
Well...you know, that board wasn't for demands; rather it was a message board for compliments solely for rubbing SEGA's ego.

-Wayu

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 09:23 AM
Well...you know, that board wasn't for demands; rather it was a message board for compliments solely for rubbing SEGA's ego.

-Wayu
I gave em a few compliments about PSU and PSO and how I wanted PSO2 to be,but other then that,I told them I was fan,a displeased fan,and if they fuck this one up our relationship is over.(I'm pretty sure I'm not only who used that to get to them.) I think it's a good idea,even though you say it's for stroking ego's you can use it for something else,giving them idea's is like stroking a ego right?

Wayu
Feb 6, 2011, 09:54 AM
Sure, we can attempt to feed the ideas, but the point is we can not decide whether they will implement them or not, nor do we know if the producers themselves actually check the board.

If they do, who will claim intelligence property rights? It's touchy. I personally don't think they'll do it.

-Wayu

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 12:15 PM
Sure, we can attempt to feed the ideas, but the point is we can not decide whether they will implement them or not, nor do we know if the producers themselves actually check the board.

If they do, who will claim intelligence property rights? It's touchy. I personally don't think they'll do it.

-Wayu

That is true,all we can do is hope,and I think it's unwise for SEGA to not look at those letters as player feedback and take them into consideration.I wont hold my breath though,and I'm very curious to see what they do next.

Omega-z
Feb 6, 2011, 04:00 PM
I wonder how the Classic Community feels about it. They haven't seen a Squeal Like the Series in a long time. There was Bashing Back then too, with PSO being new; Seem like a never ending cycle between the groups. Wish they could build something that everyone form Classic -> PSO -> PSU -> and Handhelds could all agree on.:rappy:

NoiseHERO
Feb 6, 2011, 04:14 PM
A Classic ps would be interesting if it's at the same level as today's standard rpg's, then they could even connect the classics to the online/universe series.

And by ""standard"" I mean some final fantasy level epic-ness (Yes I know everything after ffx is kinda "ehh") but you get the point. I'm also not complaining if they go back to the 70's-80's space disco/cyberpunk anime style.

Dongra
Feb 6, 2011, 04:23 PM
And it was most definitely their fault for allowing AotI to trash the balance of the game by allowing the players to add instant-criticals to entire photon arts.
You actually have a good point. I suppose that the community would have spread out more had all the missions been balanced properly. I still find the PSU and PSO communitys to be single minded when it comes to getting the most reward over a shorter time. White Beast and TTF are two sides of the same coin.

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2011, 04:38 PM
Sakai worked on the original PSO games. Difference is that he wasn't the lead designer...

Mantiskilla
Feb 6, 2011, 04:46 PM
I'll chime in and say I really don't even have the slightest idea on what demands, requests, etc. I would want for PSO2. I guess just call me a fan of the game since day one, but not extremely passionate about what should and shouldn't be in the game. Personally I'm just glad the game is coming out like the rest of us and when it does I'll just play it for what it is.

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 05:52 PM
Sakai worked on the original PSO games. Difference is that he wasn't the lead designer...That worries me alot,but he worked with the him,it's not like he didn't learn something from him,and I'm not expecting this to be perfect,but still.

Wayu
Feb 6, 2011, 10:42 PM
Well, in the end we'll all still be playing it anyways. ^^

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 10:44 PM

-Wayu

Well, that depends. If it's too much like PSO, I'm going to pass on it. If it only implements a few of it's features (not the horrible combat or almost-nonexistent customization), then I'm sure I'll pick it up.

Wayu
Feb 6, 2011, 11:04 PM
Sure, I guess.

I'm assuming you've got the "Progress, not regression" mindset?

-Wayu

TheToyDolls
Feb 6, 2011, 11:05 PM
When I die I want my copy of PSO and my memory cards to be buried with me.

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 11:15 PM
Sure, I guess.

I'm assuming you've got the "Progress, not regression" mindset?

-Wayu

Yup. I don't want to play a 10-year-old game with a new story and updated graphics. I want something new and innovative, or nothing at all...

...oh, and a computer that can actually run the game. that would be nice.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Feb 6, 2011, 11:16 PM
All I know is I want the same crazy adventure I had when I played PSO along with with the same level of customization as I have with PSP/PSU. Maybe throw in some goofball arcade minigames so my brain doesn't melt like an 8 hour hentai-a-thon.

Wayu
Feb 6, 2011, 11:17 PM
Mini-game: Angry Rappies

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 11:32 PM
Mini-game: Angry Rappies

-Wayu

Those pesky Boomas stole their eggs.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 6, 2011, 11:59 PM
I'd prefer it if we played as the rappy and attack a wave of characters as an act of vengeance. Each one you kill you have a chance to take their weapon and use it against the rest. Now that would be one angry rappy.

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 12:44 AM

-Wayu

Truuuue.^^; (Also I agree with olaf on two thing's and that's the customization and the combat,combat does feel awkward as hell now,and customization has to be good.)

Zyrusticae
Feb 7, 2011, 10:29 AM
Man, this is silly.

Can we avoid the whole "this crowd" vs. "that crowd" mentality that's been getting tossed around here? I mean, really, it's awfully childish and does nothing to further continued debate (if you can call it that, that is). Diminishing everything to "PSO lovers" and "PSU apologists" makes it difficult to actually address the points on each side because they're too busy tearing each other to bits over every little thing. Silly fanboys and girls.

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 10:38 AM
Man, this is silly.

Can we avoid the whole "this crowd" vs. "that crowd" mentality that's been getting tossed around here? I mean, really, it's awfully childish and does nothing to further continued debate (if you can call it that, that is). Diminishing everything to "PSO lovers" and "PSU apologists" makes it difficult to actually address the points on each side because they're too busy tearing each other to bits over every little thing. Silly fanboys and girls.

Wish we could talk to the Dev's but it's nothing we can do,I just hope they can please both sides.(So yeah arguing over nothing is going to get us nowhere really.)

Wayu
Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM
Unfortunately, this is the internet. There will be haters.

-Wayu

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately, this is the internet. There will be haters.

-Wayu

Cant even put my pic up,perfect timing.(Internet slow as a snail right now.)

AlexCraig
Feb 7, 2011, 11:45 AM
Man, this is silly.

I concur. This whole thing of PSO fans vs PSU fans is getting annoying.

Wayu
Feb 7, 2011, 01:17 PM
Good thing we don't have that kind of pointless argument here, then.

-Wayu

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 01:29 PM
Good thing we don't have that kind of pointless argument here, then.

-Wayu

My sarcasm senses are tingling.

Dongra
Feb 7, 2011, 02:57 PM
Man, this is silly.

We're all aware that the arguments are immature but, unfortunately, that's how most people are. If you want to continue to sit on your high horse and stay out of it then you are welcome to ignore those posts. It also doesn't help that everyone's opinions are being labeled as one thing or the other and not somewhere in between.

Edit: I feel I should probably point out that the high horse comment was more of a generalization directed at those who like to complain about the behavior of others rather than pointed at Zyrusticae, but I guess that kind of includes him too.

Wayu
Feb 7, 2011, 03:05 PM
Well, no offense, but if you guys know you're being immature why don't you take steps to remedy that?

Unless you like the attention it gives you.

-Wayu

Dongra
Feb 7, 2011, 03:19 PM
This is a forum where everyone can express their opinions. Whether they want to discuss news about the upcoming game or they want to express their expectations of said game. Some people don't like the opinions of others and they have one of two options: make a reply and start a debate/argument, usually argument, or ignore it. The only immature thing is to express intolerance of another's opinion. Implying that someone is inferior for liking a different game or labeling someone as a PSO/PSU fan boy are good ways to start arguments. Yes, it's immature, but we are all guilty of doing it every now and then. This forum would be much cleaner if people would choose the ignore option, but since we can choose to make a reply we will.

Wayu
Feb 7, 2011, 03:23 PM
In other words, you don't think anyone should do anything to remedy the situation.

Well, okay, sure. Your choice. ^^;

-Wayu

Dongra
Feb 7, 2011, 03:47 PM
Actually, I'm saying that nothing can be done to remedy the situation. Some people, more than others, give in to the impulsion to argue rather than let it be because it's human nature.

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah because it's boring when it's quiet lmao.(Arguments are healthy in any relationship.)But yeah I dont think anyone will stop arguing until we come at peace with the next game.

Arkios
Feb 7, 2011, 05:51 PM
My hope is that in PSO2, PSU and PSO bros will all unite and we can slice, stab and shoot fireballs at stuff together. PSO2 should be better than PSU or PSO, hopefully that is something we can all agree on.

It's Sega's job to make sure this dream comes true.

Tyreek
Feb 7, 2011, 08:20 PM
On topic: I think its expected at this point that people are gonna set their demands up for a game that may possibly be the next messiah of the PS series. I say let them. The later reveals for this game will prove to them if they think the game will be of worth to them. Plus, someone eventually will be Youtubing what can be expected in the Alpha testing(I know I will if I get in). Just like PSU's beta. If they set their sights too high, they have themselves to blame. Already WBMike confirmed to me that music transitions are coming back in PSO. Which I am happy to hear.

Regarding the PSO/PSU issue, I've played both games at their beginning, both V1. I was pleased with both games, though I have become aware of certain flaws in both. PSO having a better exploration, and may I say, better questing, though the randomized maps got kinda meh after a while. PSU having a somewhat more fluid battle system, though I agree with RemiusTA that the AOTI changes dealing with PAs and stuff. I enjoyed the T-Mag/R-Mag additions to weaponry, as this was kind of a concept I wish Mags in PSO had. Customizing your character's stats, while at the same time having the ability to defend itself and you would be a nice function.

If SEGA can harness the pros of both, like they are doing with PSP2/PSP2i, I think it will turn into a good game. At the same time though, they should flesh out newer concepts, like BigOlaf, I don't want to play a 10 year old game with fresh new paint. Save that for remakes.

Sienna
Feb 7, 2011, 09:30 PM
I liked PSU because of it's customization.
I liked PSO because of it's compact lobby system.
Also, as a joke from what I read from a post on this thread,
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/zyxenfrys/1297070862.jpg?t=1297132075[/SPOILER-BOX]

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2011, 09:32 PM
Well, the way I see it, past all the "PSO vs. PSU" hate and endless arguments, we're still all Phantasy Star fans. Sure, I dislike PSO. I don't see what was so great about it. Sure, other people think PSU wasn't great, either. Hell, there's still probably some Classic (I-IV) fans who think neither game was very good, and think that Phantasy Star should have stayed as single-player, turn-based RPGs! But, we all have one thing in common as I said:

We all like Phantasy Star, and that's why we're on this site in the first place.

I don't like arguing with other people, but I'll defend my interests (as others will defend theirs), especially when people have no good reason for disliking something. That being said, I mean no ill will, nor degradation towards anyone else's views or opinions. We all want and/or expect different things from PSO2, and that's normal, as we all have different opinions on which features it should have from which games. Hopefully Sega will have a little bit of something for every fan, no matter which game was their favorite.

I'm quite convinced that Drawers was just trying to start another argument, seeing as he could have just as easily sent me a private message, or just let the whole thing go. But, he posted his kindergarten temper tantrum right here for all to see. Was there a need for it to be seen publicly? No. Just trying to start a flame war? Most likely. But, I'm going to just ignore it now, and I think we all should.

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 10:02 PM
Well, the way I see it, past all the "PSO vs. PSU" hate and endless arguments, we're still all Phantasy Star fans. Sure, I dislike PSO. I don't see what was so great about it. Sure, other people think PSU wasn't great, either. Hell, there's still probably some Classic (I-IV) fans who think neither game was very good, and think that Phantasy Star should have stayed as single-player, turn-based RPGs! But, we all have one thing in common as I said:

We all like Phantasy Star, and that's why we're on this site in the first place.

I don't like arguing with other people, but I'll defend my interests (as others will defend theirs), especially when people have no good reason for disliking something. That being said, I mean no ill will, nor degradation towards anyone else's views or opinions. We all want and/or expect different things from PSO2, and that's normal, as we all have different opinions on which features it should have from which games. Hopefully Sega will have a little bit of something for every fan, no matter which game was their favorite.

I'm quite convinced that Drawers was just trying to start another argument, seeing as he could have just as easily sent me a private message, or just let the whole thing go. But, he posted his kindergarten temper tantrum right here for all to see. Was there a need for it to be seen publicly? No. Just trying to start a flame war? Most likely. But, I'm going to just ignore it now, and I think we all should.

This ^

FOkyasuta
Feb 7, 2011, 10:18 PM
This ^

Agreed.

Wayu
Feb 7, 2011, 10:26 PM
Me three, I guess.

I should start making a blacklist of folks to avoid here in PSOW in regards to the topic of PSO. ^^;

-Wayu

Arkios
Feb 7, 2011, 10:33 PM
Me three, I guess.

I should start making a blacklist of folks to avoid here in PSOW in regards to the topic of PSO. ^^;

-Wayu

:evil:

Axis_SC
Feb 8, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hmm, I see a lot of PSO vs PSU going around. I like them all personally. Fan for life. However there are pros and cons to each. PSO was more skill based in my opinion than PSU and PSP. PSU was more....beginner based, kinda like Windows operating system, a lot easier to use. PSO was more of the Linux in that case. However, with the addition of PSP2 they did finally make it more skill based. Which is why you find it harder for those non skilled players to run through stuff like they did in PSU simply because they PA whored their way through anything. Can't use strictly PA's and clear challenges and TACTS fast. Either way PSO and PSU both had their pros and cons. To argue about it is pointless, fact is PSO players should get up to date, changing times, there will always be a new addition and not everyone will like it. PSU players that don't like PSO should understand that PSU came from PSO, it once began then branched out to evolve into something else. Just remember, the roots made the tree.

RemiusTA
Feb 8, 2011, 04:56 PM
Me three, I guess.

-Wayu

is it really that serious dude