PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Class advice?

LarienTiwele
Feb 6, 2011, 04:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone may be able to share advice on the Protranser and/or Fortetecher classes, builds for them, weapons to look for, etc? When I played on PC servers I was a career Acrotecher, but I want to try out some other classes while on 360 as well.

Any other class advice would also be appreciated, as I was only looking at those 2 for the fact they shared Longbow access and I had at least 1 decient Longbow already to use.

Note: My character on 360 is currently Level 60 (Well, 59 but only like 5K to next) In case it's needed for the advice.

TheAstarion
Feb 6, 2011, 08:09 PM
Fortetecher is vastly outclassed by Masterforce these days, if only because for the amount of time spent to get their spells past the regular cap of 40 you may as well have bought limit breaks for the Masterforce, who have innate lv50 spells, and been destroying things with limit break Diga and Foie. Fortetechers are casters, their damage with anything other than spells is absolutely pitiful. And since Masterforce is better at that... yeah, they're the only advanced class in the game that's truly obsolete.

As for Protranser, my strongest advice would be to make a CAST. Their EX traps are their unique selling point, and for a CAST this means you build your special meter a lot faster when using them. Beasts get a special too, but SUVs are the only special worth using 99% of the time. As for weapons, they're gunners through and through, which again means Beasts and CASTs do the most raw damage... and CAST accuracy really helps here.

Shotguns are their bread and butter, laser cannons are good in certain situations, grenades are boss slayers, and the bows are good for pegging things with high level status effects when you'd rather let a burn take care of something than risk fighting it close up. For melee weapons, PT have a fair few, but I'd advise sticking with one or two for backup rather than having a full set of melee PT equips. Gudda Iggac is my personal favourite, huge accuracy knuckles that look pretty brutal. Also, every single fist move is useful IMO, and in that regard they're the only weapon with that distinction, as every other weapon has a useless PA somewhere. Spears are another popular choice, but you're competing with Fighmasters for top end spears in the market, but Mugunburgas are like 80K for an 800 ATP weapon right now so go for it if you want. PT is one of my favourite classes in PSU.

Guntecher also has longbow access. It's another of my favourite classes, as it's quirky and people hate it because it's not Gunmaster, the class they're trying to unlock. Protransers and Guntechers get lv40 bullets with their bows, and while Protranser has a higher attack modifier at lv20, Guntecher has its lv30 buffs to help close the gap. Guntecher also has a bunch of other cool weapons, like twin pistols and machineguns, and they're the only ones with an S-rank crossbow. They also have an A-rank card, which is still extremely powerful with their lv40 bullets... a 10/10 Card Regas (A-rank) has the same attack power as a 10/10 Shi-Kikami (first S-rank), and 10/10 S-ranks are rare at best. Guntecher, more like FUNtecher, am I right? Solid class, well worth trying.

Wartecher is my personal favourite, even though it's the only class without any moves above level 30 naturally. It's a great all-rounder, but it's really a melee class. Twin claws or knuckles is the first choice they make, not many pick twin daggers, or even the A-rank spear, sword or twin sabers as their main weapons, but they're all decent. Again, they have an A-rank card, and can still outdamage rifle gunmasters with their lv20 card bullet. An A-rank bow isn't bad either, a nicely grinded Plasma Bow or Izlucre is still plenty strong, as will be the Rygutass Storm when we get it. Whips are fun to use in the middle of a bunch of dudes, and even though they only get A-ranks their ATP and PA levels give them the edge over the faster Acrotechers. Wartecher CASTs and female Beasts get to use a Serafi-Senba in the GAM missions too, something only Fortefighters and Fighmasters can do otherwise. People hate Wartecher because it's needed to get to Masterforce, but I've always loved it in its own right.

Fighgunner is broken, it's the most overpowered advanced class, always has been, and when they tried fixing the others to balance them out, they decided Fighgunner wasn't bent enough anymore so they made it stronger than Fighmaster. They're like the asshole family member that won the lottery, comes over at Christmas and drinks all the booze without bringing any of their own. With my disdain out in the open, they almost literally get everything. Twinguns, twin sabers, doublesabers (okay this was their signature weapon until fairly recently)... the list goes on, and they have the stats to use them ridiculously well. It's a solid, well-rounded class for anyone, even newmans get a stat boost to it, and I'm forced to admit that one of the best players I've met was a human Fighgunner, as much as I hate both. It's the opposite of Protranser, in that they get every light melee weapon and gun, and start out amazing and get even better, as opposed to using all the heavy weapons, starting out crap and getting good.

All the above classes I mentioned (except Fortetecher/Masterforce) can use the Rabol Orachio, an awesome line shield usable only by hybrids. It's not quite as good as the Armas line but you can pick them up for about a tenth of the price... those that can use the Orachio can't use the Armas line anyway and vice versa so these are the

NiceOnes
Feb 7, 2011, 12:07 AM
^^

Well thought out post. Makes me want to go back to PT . Although I'm sure it wasn't your aim I think you've got me thinking FG.

Do you think beast or cast is the way to go with FG? Cast obviously? Am I overlooking something?

FOkyasuta
Feb 7, 2011, 01:12 AM
^^

Do you think beast or cast is the way to go with FG? Cast obviously? Am I overlooking something?

Cast. Ask one who was A FG. Like me. I say, Yes.

TheAstarion
Feb 7, 2011, 06:18 PM
Beast does more damage with their shotguns but CASTs have their SUV. If you're looking at Fortegunner specifically, CASTs get their stat bonuses too, closing the gap in reliable damage. Most of the JP gunners have abandoned Gunmaster and gone back to FG because of the Dark Meteor grenade launcher... and with a lv42 element boosted shotgun you're looking at a OHKO gun with those attack stats. What's faster, shooting twice with a slight speed boost or killing in one shot? Thought so.

I personally don't think they're enough better than Protranser to warrant playing though, PT to me is like a GIGA FG OF DOOM with traps and fists. You lose a rifle but who gives a rat's ass? If you want knockdown use Maisei-Sou, it's really awesome and has stun. And if you want FG's A-ranks... nearly all of them are S-ranks for Fighgunner.

Fighgunner can suck eggs. It's one of the strongest classes, and I don't know why people don't play it anymore, it just makes sense to be one if you like winning. Oh god, I sound like a bitter ex-boyfriend who can't stay legitimately mad at the girl who cheated with and/or dumped me for a vastly superior string of better guys than me. And if you want to be one of those guys, I'll just have to admit that you're just better than me and the rest of my hybrid bros, and try to get on with life with that knowledge at the back of my mind.

Darki
Feb 10, 2011, 04:02 AM
Hum. Is Masei-sou that good now? I've always heard that bow's non-elemental bullets were crap, but I also know they were improved sometime ago.

In my Beast WT I use Chousei-sou because it gives higher att. and acc. plus the longer range. I use the bow just as an accesory weapon to kill bosses or any dangerous melee-resistant monster like Jarbas, so it's fine for me... But Masei-sou's knockdown sounds interesting to me.

oG Epik
Feb 10, 2011, 09:57 AM
^^

Well thought out post. Makes me want to go back to PT . Although I'm sure it wasn't your aim I think you've got me thinking FG.

Im a Mcast GM i love it everything is faster and i think with 1 ATP boost its better than FG all around

* Correction i think FG at 180 will always ahve more ATP than a GM but i like it better for the speed plus Twin handguns are good at 31+