PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 What do u do at level 100+?

Eclipsed57
Feb 7, 2011, 12:20 PM
Recently hit 100 and im not really sure what to work on. I want to find better weapons but this game is odd because level 100 Req items drop off 125-150ish mobs so i dunno how that makes sense. ive run so much gemaga that i can do 3 min runs with my eyes closed and its pretty boring, and my type level is only like 17 still.

does beating the game on hard mode open up anything worthwhile besides costumes and decorations? though im probably still not high enough to finish the last boss. i kinda prefer to play solo cause im afraid of hackers messing up my file online so the challenge stuff is kinda hard to solo lol. what to do?

Blizz3112
Feb 7, 2011, 12:27 PM
There's still the quests from the NPCs or you could hunt for weapons via the PSPedia2 site that you REALLY want to get because they look cool (or just to complete your Rare-Item list)...

TheToyDolls
Feb 7, 2011, 12:28 PM
You could work on clearing The Magashi Plan and getting it down to a science. It's pretty easy with twin handguns and a Rifle with long-range shoot.

Eclipsed57
Feb 7, 2011, 12:32 PM
yeah ive been working on magashi but i still dont have a good lightning weap and half the guys are earth =\

im a vanguard using mainly twin sabers, those little guys that shoot fireballs are such a pain though 1 hit is like half my life. is there a better weap to deal with them?

blace
Feb 7, 2011, 12:34 PM
I use my 37% :lightning: Gudda Las Leord for them, but if you have any twin handguns, it will be useful.

And once you hit 150 you can virtually equip anything, since the highest level requisite is set at 150.

TheToyDolls
Feb 7, 2011, 12:35 PM
Twin Handguns is the only weapon I recommend doing 90% of Magashi Plan with. Being able to deal damage while strafing makes things considerably easier. Maybe farm some other missions for good Twin Handguns. You want 3 pairs in :lightning: :light: and :ice:, lightning and light are needed the most.

Syrus08
Feb 7, 2011, 04:45 PM
Level 100, really? If you have to ask that question, this may not be the game for you. Pick a weapon and farm for it. Tour all of the missions again. Go online. Work on your job type levels. Basically just do whatever is fun.

Maybe put the game down for a while and come back to it later.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 7, 2011, 04:59 PM
Lol, 100... not even CLOSE to max level, nor halfway to even wielding the better weapons in the game. There's still LOTS for you to do, you just can't see it. ;P

TheToyDolls
Feb 7, 2011, 05:19 PM
Yes... now you can start getting into the darker side of this game with rare weapon hunting.... The game will give you a taste every now and then, enough to keep you spending countless hours trying to get the items you really want...

Dark_Ansem
Feb 7, 2011, 05:26 PM
and feel incredibly frustrated because after so many hours you have not killed a single Delnadian...

Chaos Rappy
Feb 7, 2011, 05:45 PM
^Just keep trying, you'll find one. It took me until well beyond my 400th hour to ever find one, from True Darkness, the one where the Delnadian that spawns is amplified in all three specs... was a ***** to kill, just like his PSO counterpart. :/

Dark_Ansem
Feb 7, 2011, 05:48 PM
heh that's the point we all love this little pest.
so TC you see? got at lvl100, the fun has just begun! and you'd better stock up on goodies and be ready for Infinity (if you speak Japanese :P)

TheMorningStar
Feb 7, 2011, 06:03 PM
Level some more xD I reached 100 (now Lv. 115) and did a bit of the story mode on hard and finish some of the A rank missions not much you can do.

Fthawe
Feb 7, 2011, 06:32 PM
Do some max attack IV Online!

PurpleIsGood
Feb 7, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm just doing Gemaga runs now....the level difference between A and S ranks is annoying...A ranks are boring and easy but S rank you get your ass kicked. Lv 110 range isn't so fun.

Eclipsed57
Feb 7, 2011, 11:10 PM
I'm just doing Gemaga runs now....the level difference between A and S ranks is annoying...A ranks are boring and easy but S rank you get your ass kicked. Lv 110 range isn't so fun.

yeah thats kinda the problem i have right now. the S ranks are so hard and the A ranks basicly drop nothing i want cause anything that is an upgrade drops in S rank. i guess im just in a bad grind spot

dark nova
Feb 7, 2011, 11:45 PM

Well...I don't know how it compares, but I was doing Jungle Charger runs from the early 100's. Certainly wasn't too difficult if I got the "good" map, and there are decent drops in that mission.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 7, 2011, 11:57 PM
Ooh, I know! For my little problem with trying to find a good leveling spot for when I was trying to get to 110 for my Crea Doubles, I would suggest running the first half of Desert Terror. Once you get to second half, though, Vanda Merhas rip your face apart, so reset and rerun, and you can get good EXP with the occasionaly goodish drop, like my Crea Doubles, which I got from Desert Terror A, actually, not S. :D

That, or just try Magashi Plan. Whether or not you like it or hate it, it's still by far the fastest leveling method I've used, unless you're super lucky with Urgent mission chains online. 2400 EXP a Naval in Phantom Fissure ftw. :P

Wynn<3
Feb 8, 2011, 12:32 AM
You could always play with me and Listy but we mainly do max 4 runs idk if you would like that, but it is a challenge for your lvl, and idk if you would like that D:

Crimson The FOmar
Feb 8, 2011, 11:30 AM
You could always play with me and Listy but we mainly do max 4 runs idk if you would like that, but it is a challenge for your lvl, and idk if you would like that D:

Hey Wynn, I don't have wi-fi atm, but I've been in your party before, do you have my partner card? I'd love to do MAX IV when I get back online...

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Feb 8, 2011, 12:06 PM
I can tell you that the run to 200 is filled with angryness and broken dreams. You often tell yourself that the only good class in the game is a Ranger and that Hunters blow hard. That is until you realize you haven't been Perfect Gaurding enough and should kindly shut the hell up and Lrn2ply better.

Mugaaz2
Feb 8, 2011, 03:37 PM
I agree that the level range of 95-125 is pretty abysmal. You're really not strong enough for most S ranks, and when you do them anyway the experience you get is horrendous due to the penalty. There is no really good gear to farm because all the really good gear needs level 130-150 with a few exceptions.

It's a really, really, really crappy level range. Basically all to do is farm exp until you can actually start efficiently running S without an EXP penalty and start farming top end weapons that you can actually equip.

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 8, 2011, 03:43 PM
i´m happy that i´m level 127 now...it looks like it grow faster now....with the help of expirience boost to...but anyway...since level 90 it was a real pain in the a..... to level

Syrus08
Feb 8, 2011, 04:02 PM
I agree that the level range of 95-125 is pretty abysmal. You're really not strong enough for most S ranks, and when you do them anyway the experience you get is horrendous due to the penalty. There is no really good gear to farm because all the really good gear needs level 130-150 with a few exceptions.

It's a really, really, really crappy level range. Basically all to do is farm exp until you can actually start efficiently running S without an EXP penalty and start farming top end weapons that you can actually equip.

If you have a bunch of the four spell stones laying around, you should do Magashi Plan. I took my cast from 97 to 120 in two days.

TheToyDolls
Feb 8, 2011, 05:24 PM
Yes... with EXP boost and knowing how to clear Magashi Plan with few mistakes, your levels will take off. I'm 145, so enemy exp ranges from 1850 (Naval Luddas) to 15k (Magashi). I actually love when red aura enemies spawn, since a red aura Bil De Vear can net up to 40k exp.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 8, 2011, 05:38 PM
Lol, screw that. I did just a simple Phastom Fissure urgent run a ways back with Megatron, and got a pink-boosted Nano Dragon, and I BELIEVE it gave me somewhere around 100K exp just on its own. If you can get lucky wnth Urgents, they're your friends (the basic, unpowered-up Navals, something like level 150, gave 2400 EXP each, for the record... yeah).

Eclipsed57
Feb 8, 2011, 06:13 PM
hmm it seems i am missing out by doing 90% story mode cause i never get urgents

Jorry
Feb 8, 2011, 06:20 PM
hmm it seems i am missing out by doing 90% story mode cause i never get urgents

Yes, online play is good for you (or local multi-player):D

Eclipsed57
Feb 10, 2011, 02:24 AM
well after watching a magashi video, learning the awesomeness of spear PAs, i now ALMOST clear magashi lol. I have gotten to the 2nd to last room so many times and last time rare jaggos spawn and like 1 shotted me, gg

i am 109 now and its getting easier, i think the 90ish-105 bracket is just really crappy but i am able to clear jungle charger S now at lvl 109 and finding my first rainbow items so the game is fun again lol