PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Dark Falz Final - Story Mode

TheToyDolls
Feb 7, 2011, 07:06 PM
So I just got my ass handed to me by him on my 143 Vanguard. All he was doing was nailing me with meteors until finally he did some crazy wall of fire with laserbeams from the sky move that instantly killed me. I'm guessing it's just a DPS race on Story Mode (I rarely do Story Mode anymore).

But my question is, which way should I face my character to block the meteor? I know you can block it first of all, and I know it depends on the direction you are facing, obviously. But I've faced my character at the center of the boss platform (where his lobster crab thing is) and it hasn't seemed to work too well. Do I need to be facing the part of him that is on the outside of the platform?

FOkyasuta
Feb 7, 2011, 07:09 PM
Its an angle. Take a look at what angle and see. If i remember closely it was an SW angle if i can recall.

Broken_L_button
Feb 7, 2011, 07:10 PM
If I remember well, yes, you have to face the main body that's on the outside of the platform to block it. It worked for me anyways.

Tyreek
Feb 7, 2011, 07:12 PM
The blast stretches over the entire area. I don't think any real position would really leave you open from blocking. You can experiment on blocking in different directions, but I think its better to make sure you pop a trimate or resta when that meteor falls.

Edit: Beat me to it lol. Blocking while facing Falz would be best.

SammaeltheDark
Feb 7, 2011, 07:27 PM
Something I recently noticed with Dark Falz Final (after he blasted me with 3-4 meteors and 2 giant sky beam attacks) is try attacking his tail.
When I was using T.Handguns to shoot him in the head is when he hit me with his strongest attacks. Ever since then I stand my ground facing the end of his tail and focus just on that. He has only ever dropped one meteor on me since and quickly goes into his attack where he hovers overhead and shoots that beam downwards (ending with his head upside down right in range of my :light: 80% Ikotenyokus

I think his attack pattern is reactionary based on how you attack him

Chaos Rappy
Feb 7, 2011, 07:30 PM
Yup, pretty much...

Also, if you let the battle linger too much, he changes his element... and it's a pain when he turns to :light: unexpectedly and slaps you while you're still wearing :dark: armor... <_<

Wayu
Feb 7, 2011, 11:05 PM
I beat him at around level 110 without any difficulties...I just shot his head normally until he flipped over. Then I hit him with twin sabers and Blade Destruction.

-Wayu

TheToyDolls
Feb 8, 2011, 12:05 AM
It's probably just Story Mode but man does he want to smash you with Meteor after Meteor followed by raining lasers of death... and fire. It's literally all he did. I've never seen him make that flaming wall that slowly expands, kind of like Orga Spirtos, and I couldn't block it; it killed me instantly. I guess I'll just bring a Rifle next time and shoot his face off.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Feb 8, 2011, 12:53 AM
Tried and true method. Rifle to face always works for me. Also a good idea is to fight him when you are 10 levels over. Seems like overkill but its justified when your facing an opponent that can summon a crazy powerful meteor strike and insta-kill lazorz.

Kurosu
Feb 8, 2011, 02:26 AM
Hmm neat, I never knew he had all these special attacks and such, since he always dies so fast when he goes upside down.

I'm waiting for PSP2i right now, but maybe I should break out the game just to see what the fight is like when it's running long.