PDA

View Full Version : Infinity PSP2i in English announced yet?

Eclipsed57
Feb 7, 2011, 12:22 PM
havent been on the forums in a while, has PSP2i been announced for NA yet? is it likely to come to NA? i am wondering if i should import though i really would be annoyed playing with all the weapons in japanese seeing as i cant read it at all

Rehks
Feb 7, 2011, 02:39 PM
SoA havent announced PSP2i yet. A lot of people are keep asking for them to bring it to NA. (OBVIOUSLY). Since its releasing in Japan on feb 24, and if SoA does bring it to NA, it would take them another year or so to translate it. So i would estimate it would be released december-february.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Feb 8, 2011, 01:00 AM
Or shorter, seeing how its already pretty much PSP2Vanilla but with another storyline and a few new weapons/clothes/parts....and the Colonel himself.

But then again I'm more of a Popeye's kinda guy. Louisiana representin my taste buds.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 8, 2011, 05:33 AM
Nah, they'll replace the Colonel with Hank Hill and his Propane Grenade and Propane Granade PAs.

raijz
Feb 8, 2011, 05:41 AM
Or shorter, seeing how its already pretty much PSP2Vanilla but with another storyline and a few new weapons/clothes/parts....and the Colonel himself.

But then again I'm more of a Popeye's kinda guy. Louisiana representin my taste buds.

Yeah this game won't take that long to translate and add the new stuff. I predict before December full game will be out.

Louisiana food is awesome. I prefer churches over popeyes but they're still good.

The Necris Process
Feb 8, 2011, 08:21 AM
ooh, that's blasphemy to my ears... I'd rank Church's as the absolute bottom-tier in the fast-food chicken world. Popeye's is the clear #1, and KFC is 2nd place for me, occasionally tied with Mrs. Winners.

*I doubt KFC will be linked at all to the American version of this game.... since this franchise doesn't appear to be a big deal in this country. There are tons of gamers out there that don't even know Phantasy Star games still exist.

Mugaaz2
Feb 8, 2011, 09:35 AM
SoA havent announced PSP2i yet. A lot of people are keep asking for them to bring it to NA. (OBVIOUSLY). Since its releasing in Japan on feb 24, and if SoA does bring it to NA, it would take them another year or so to translate it. So i would estimate it would be released december-february.

They could translate it under one week if they were so inclined. They are just super inefficient and horrible project management for localization.

Dark_Ansem
Feb 8, 2011, 11:28 AM
^probably the truth. they just do not care enough for non-japanese buyers.

TheAstarion
Feb 8, 2011, 12:25 PM
If the guys who've been mucking around with Monster Hunter 3rd get their hands on PSP2i, we'll be looking at a playable hack in a couple of days. Unfortunately, that's for pirates only... that, and people who buy a JP version and play a hacked one instead.

It would be super cool if language hack patches like this were the official way to adapt to localisation. Westerm PSP2 lacked voices and that made it a lot less immersive than the JP version. These "undubs" created by fan hackers are often a lot more awesome than the intended localisation, usually because english-speaking voice actors tend to suck, with a few notable exceptions.

Dark_Ansem
Feb 8, 2011, 03:59 PM
Kraz sounded good!

Eclipsed57
Feb 8, 2011, 04:44 PM
i would donate 10$ to anyone who makes a language hack, and im sure most of this forum would... theres some money in this for someone!

Akaimizu
Feb 8, 2011, 04:50 PM
I think it isn't being mentioned because it's still too soon to do so. They probably want a similar amount of time to run PSP2 here as they did in Japan. Plus, a good chance they don't want to have to supply periodic updates to our version of the client...so they wait until the Japanese one is out for a while and get all their updates so they can deliver a version to us that is already packaged with the updates they want to give us.

It's a bit rare that they'll pull a Valkyrie Chronicles II on us, with complete DLC support, but who knows. If I were a betting person, I'd bet on a later release which has most of the Japanese-released stuff (built-in)after they pretty much see their Japanese updates coming to a halt.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Feb 8, 2011, 08:32 PM
Kraz sounded good!

Thats Stephen Blum for ya. See he's doin more and more stuff now. Especially since he's in the next big shooter, Bulletstorm.