PDA

View Full Version : Infinity mission synthing and enemy levels

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 8, 2011, 05:46 PM
Trying to reach +49 enemies but every time I synth a mission enemy level seems to drop which is really annoying, is there any rhyme or reason to how this works?

Secondly, how do I increase bonuses? I'm trying to create a good exp bonus mission to power my alts in but it seems to only either carry over exact bonuses or remove them entirely

funkyskunk
Feb 9, 2011, 08:58 AM
I have been playing with infinity missions lately and am starting to notice a bit of a pattern:

To increase the level of a mission, combine it with one without any special effects
To increase the special effect of a mission, combine it with a different mission with the same stats and roughly the same level. There seems to be better success with this if you use a mission with different enemies.
To combine special effects, use a mission with the same enemies and roughly the same level. There seems to be better success with this if you use a mission with the same area.

I have some pics on my PSP of some successful combinations I have done. I'll post them up for you to look at if I remember.

So, to level up your mission, keep combining it with one without a special effect.

To get your EXP rate up, here is an example of what i would try:

繚乱の殻獣 Lv7(経験値*1.20)+ 繚乱の重装兵器 Lv6-8(経験値*1.20)→ 繚乱の重装兵器(経験値*1.35)
Try to make the missions have different enemies and you should get success. I look forward to the day this is all documented properly...

Here are my pic examples. I'm not sure if all the criteria I have listed is correct but this is what I seem to be having success with. I'd be interested if anyone has any comments on these:

Increase the level of a mission with special effects

Similar enemies
Same boss
Different area
Higher level mission (not sure it matters)
Neutral special effect

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/psobb/20110208182510.jpghttp://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/psobb/20110208182513.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Increase The Special Effect of a Mission

Different enemies
Different boss
Different area
Similar level
Same special effect on both

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/psobb/20110207004547.jpghttp://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/psobb/20110207004551.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Combine Special Effects

Similar enemies
Same boss
Same area
Level does not seem to matter
Different special effect on both.

If you want to make a mission with 3 special effects, you need to combine 4 different special effects for the best results (2 missions with 2 unique special effects)

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/psobb/20110206000342.jpghttp://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/psobb/20110206000349.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 9, 2011, 02:31 PM
thanks a lot this helps a ton. I managed to get an enemy lv+49 mission but they still capped at only 149, must be a demo thing

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 9, 2011, 02:32 PM
I have been playing with infinity missions lately and am starting to notice a bit of a pattern:

To increase the level of a mission, combine it with one without any special effects
To increase the special effect of a mission, combine it with a different mission with the same stats and roughly the same level. There seems to be better success with this if you use a mission with different enemies.
To combine special effects, use a mission with the same enemies and roughly the same level. There seems to be better success with this if you use a mission with a different area.

I have some pics on my PSP of some successful combinations I have done. I'll post them up for you to look at if I remember.

So, to level up your mission, keep combining it with one without a special effect.

To get your EXP rate up, here is an example of what i would try:

Try to make the missions have different enemies and you should get success. I look forward to the day this is all documented properly...

I've had similar experience with mission synthing, but I've seen enough bonus/attribute failure on similar level/enemy/area missions synths that you can't count on that being a pattern and it can get very frustrating. Here's what I've seen based of synthing:

The attributes bonuses can be increased when you synth a mission with the same attribute of the same level. (i.e. drop rate +10% & drop rate +10% = drop rate+20%). If its two different levels, it will not increase (i.e. drop rate +10% & drop rate+20%). It is not guaranteed and the ones that are compatible to increase are based off of unseen/masked data...so you just have to check it.
The resulting attribute bonus levels will stay the same even if you invert the mission synth between base and plus, so if it didn't increase the the attribute bonus the first time, it's not going to do it a second time inverting between base and plus.
Mission levels and thus enemy levels can change if you invert between plus and base, not always, but it can, so if you like two missions, you might want to save/reload and see if the inverted synth becomes an increase.
A neutral mission can accept 2 bonus attributes, I've tried synthing a 3 bonus attribute only to lose one of them in the resulting mission.
Synthing a mission with 2 bonus attributes + 2 bonus attributes = 3 attributes providing that all of them are different. (thanks to aduran on this one)
The resulting attribute bonus stack/combo/list can be different when you invert the synth between base and plus on a multiple bonus attribute synth. So if synthing 2 bonus attributes + 2 bonus attributes = 3 attributes, inverting the synth may change which one is lost.

I'm still trying to get a high level 20+ disk synth, but the highest I have so far is 17, hopefully I'll figure it out (I was mostly busy getting the max bonus attributes for drop rate, exp, enemy boost, and element).

Mike
Feb 9, 2011, 06:39 PM
Hidden attributes, gotta love 'em. The maximum drop rate for infinity missions is 400%, according to an interview with Dragon Sakai and Captain T. This includes visible and hidden attributes.

funkyskunk
Feb 10, 2011, 01:40 PM
I've had similar experience with mission synthing, but I've seen enough bonus/attribute failure on similar level/enemy/area missions synths that you can't count on that being a pattern and it can get very frustrating.

That Japanese I posted was from the jp wiki. If you look at what I had success with you will notice that the enemies, boss and area were all different for increasing the stat. This is actually quite hard to get 2 missions totally different and with an additional bonus (let's 20% EXP rate instead of 10%) and I am still working on it. I can imagine there is some data there that matches the 2 missions, if they fall below a certain % match rate then the attribute bonus has a chance to level up. They sure must of had some fun coding the process for these lol

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 10, 2011, 10:42 PM
That Japanese I posted was from the jp wiki. If you look at what I had success with you will notice that the enemies, boss and area were all different for increasing the stat. This is actually quite hard to get 2 missions totally different and with an additional bonus (let's 20% EXP rate instead of 10%) and I am still working on it. I can imagine there is some data there that matches the 2 missions, if they fall below a certain % match rate then the attribute bonus has a chance to level up. They sure must of had some fun coding the process for these lol

You mean this?
In that example, the first part of the base mission's name and the plus mission's name are the same; both missions are from the same area and it still got an increase. The stat/attribute to determine if it will increase the boost upon synth is just hidden, there hasn't been any discernible pattern yet. So, I agree with you and believe you, that you can have a mission with totally different traits and still get a boost increase, but I've also seen the opposite. Your theory could work, I don't know how it can be proven though.