PDA

View Full Version : Loot System: Finding that special something

RenzokukenZ
Feb 9, 2011, 07:17 AM
The loot. The core ingredient from PSO and PSU. It's the reason we played these games in the first place. The reason we kept playing them for years. The hunt and thrill of finding that one weapon or armor...

So how would most of you like your loot to drop in PSO2, especially in groups? Rock-Paper-Scissors for it (PSO)? Everyone gets the drop (PSP1)? Or everyone gets their own drops (PSP2)? Or something entirely different?

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2011, 07:35 AM
I think everyone gets the drop only sounds good for psp1...seeing as how that one was technically offline only. In a game with infrastructure it would only mean too much people with rare a item.

I didn't know PSO had a rock paper scissor system...unless it was a player idea using symbol chat of something.

I'm used to PSU's system but it was kind of lame having 6 people help find a rare, when 2 other people in the party want the same weapon, it only caused drama, with the wrong people.

I think everyone getting their own drops is the best one...so everyone has the same chance even if they want the same rare, but at the same time actually having people help you hunt would benefit if everyone wants something different.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 9, 2011, 07:57 AM
For PSO, I meant that since only one rare would drop off an enemy, and if you're in a group of 2 or more, then you would have to decide who gets it. Hence Rock-Paper-Scissors :grin:

And that does make sense for PSP1. As for PSU, it reminds me of WoW's system. Also filled with drama.

Anon_Fire
Feb 9, 2011, 09:16 AM
What about in PSZ and PSP2 where everyone gets their own amount of items or rares

Broken_L_button
Feb 9, 2011, 09:19 AM
PSP2/PSZ's drop system (everyone gets their own loot) is by far the best. Then again, I doubt SEGA would revert to some dumb drama-inducing system for loot (looking at you, PSO) in their new release.

Seth Astra
Feb 9, 2011, 09:27 AM
I agree, PSP2/PSZ's system is definitely the best, unless you WANT peple getting pissed at each other.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 9, 2011, 09:55 AM
I agree, PSP2/PSZ's system is definitely the best, unless you WANT peple getting pissed at each other.

Or if SEGA wants people getting pissed at each other. Oh the trolling they will have.

Darki
Feb 9, 2011, 09:59 AM
Well, people will get pissed anyways if they make public the items picked like it happens in PSU. I mean, it doesn't matter if everybody see that r4rz or if it's just that lucky dumb4ss bastard who got in my party half a minute ago while I've been farming the item for 5 months. The fact is that the item will go to him and not to you.

But not showing what r4rz you get would shorten the e-penis of many attention whores among us, so at the end nobody will be happy.

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2011, 10:42 AM
The key difference is that no case of anyone joining the party affects the chance of you getting the rare. If they get it, it's not at the expense of you not getting it.

So, the knowledge of no matter who enters your party, not affecting what drops you get or not, alleviates those who'd possibly rage. Yeah, they can get lucky, but lucky on their own little separated drop system.

Sure, that seems silly, but PSU definitely proved quite a few people reacting badly with the old distribution system. Leaders kicking members at boss boxes, etc. So the new system is to address issues with those kind of player.

And of course, rare acquisitions are still shown to everybody. At least in PSP2, it is.

BIG OLAF
Feb 9, 2011, 10:47 AM
They should use the PSP2/i loot system exactly how it was. I saw no problems with it whatsoever. Make sure they keep the *BLING* noise when a rare drops, as well, so you don't miss it.

Arkios
Feb 9, 2011, 03:42 PM
They should use the PSP2/i loot system exactly how it was. I saw no problems with it whatsoever. Make sure they keep the *BLING* noise when a rare drops, as well, so you don't miss it.

I think I like this way better than the PSO version. I used to always run with friends I trusted and we would declare our rares before the run to avoid drama. This seems even more awesome though. If you ran with 3 friends and you all declared different drops, you essentially have 4x the chance of getting your item each run since everyone gets seperate drops.

Definitely an improvement. I used to refuse to run in public games because of the crappy loot system in PSO.

ThEoRy
Feb 9, 2011, 04:40 PM
What about the photon fortune system of PSU or the section ID system of PSO? Something to consider when talking about drops. Certainly SEGA will implement some sort of system here that will affect drops somehow. They always do.

Anon_Fire
Feb 9, 2011, 04:54 PM
What about the photon fortune system of PSU or the section ID system of PSO? Something to consider when talking about drops. Certainly SEGA will implement some sort of system here that will affect drops somehow. They always do.

Or something similar to Mystic Sayo's Prayers

BIG OLAF
Feb 9, 2011, 05:07 PM

Or something similar to Mystic Sayo's Prayers

Or maybe some sort of combination of both. Like, people have their Color IDs, and then there's a fortune teller or whatever they would want to call it. Maybe on different days of the week, players with certain Color IDs get special bonuses from the fortune teller that they normally don't get any other time (like 200% EXP boost for Skylys on Fridays, or 1.5x Rare Drop Rate for Pinkals on Wednesdays. Things like that).

Seth Astra
Feb 9, 2011, 05:09 PM
Or maybe some sort of combination of both. Like, people have their Color IDs, and then there's a fortune teller or whatever they would want to call it. Maybe on different days of the week, players with certain Color IDs get special bonuses from the fortune teller that they normally don't get any other time (like 200% EXP boost for Skylys on Fridays, or 1.5x Rare Drop Rate for Pinkals on Wednesdays. Things like that).

I would like something like this a lot.

FOkyasuta
Feb 9, 2011, 07:08 PM

^ Dual Agreement.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 9, 2011, 08:25 PM
Well, PSP2/i has it that drops are affected by your current class. Seems to be better than Section IDs, since this way your character can get rares that will actually be useful for that class.

However, I do like that idea of using Section IDs as a bonus modifier in tune with the Fortune.

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2011, 08:57 PM
Well, PSP2/i has it that drops are affected by your current class. Seems to be better than Section IDs, since this way your character can get rares that will actually be useful for that class.

However, I do like that idea of using Section IDs as a bonus modifier in tune with the Fortune.

That system actually does sound interesting...

It was annoying in PSU where you'd be the gun guy...getting that board for your 12* Axe...

Or at most the closest thing PSU had, was how moatoob had a buttload of gun rares, Parum's rares were fighgunner heaven, Neudaiz had all the tech weapons, and colony was balanced...kinda.

Sienna
Feb 9, 2011, 09:02 PM
I hope there is no trading restriction on PSO2 like in Psp2/i.
I don't want to have stuff I don't even need, yet others want it.

Randomness
Feb 9, 2011, 11:17 PM

Having a rate they can visibly spike for events is a good thing, and the whole Sayo bit was fine. Its a great meseta sink that people will happily throw stuff into, because (unlike in PSU) you can only benefit.

And the PSZ/PSP2 system of seperate loot to everyone is probably best. No risk of assholes like in PSU, no false hopes picking up an uber-rare and seeing the other guy get it. SEGA would have to be stupid not to keep it this way. Of course, its SEGA... they'll probably screw up and forget to make people's clients dumb terminals (That is, all calculations for everything are done serverside, and your computer merely transmits your actions and displays results) and lead to mass duping or something.

I hope there is no trading restriction on PSO2 like in Psp2/i.
I don't want to have stuff I don't even need, yet others want it.

And yeah, trading restrictions would be bad as a whole. There are very few items that restrictions could be sensible on, like storing learned PAs in PSU (Which was dumb, and was fixed in PSP2 with no limit on known skills). On the topic of skills though... I want it PSP2/PSO style where you level by drops. PSU's system had too much disparity in leveling (Compare, for instance, shotguns and rifles). I'd like to see some item that raises a skill's level too, so that you don't have to spend hours hunting that Megid 30 when you have 30 Megid 29s. Instead, take X of item Y to NPC Z and level it.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 9, 2011, 11:41 PM
The problem with trading is that it causes economic inflation/mass spreading of duped items. Just like in PSO and PSU. Of course, that's true with all online games that enable trading.

But perhaps SEGA can make it that certain high-leveled weapons and other items cannot be traded, sort of like WoW's 'soulbind' system. Maybe then there wouldn't be that many 'Duped Spread Needle Incidents' ^^

FOkyasuta
Feb 9, 2011, 11:48 PM
The problem with trading is that it causes economic inflation/mass spreading of duped items. Just like in PSO and PSU. Of course, that's true with all online games that enable trading.

But perhaps SEGA can make it that certain high-leveled weapons and other items cannot be traded, sort of like WoW's 'soulbind' system. Maybe then there wouldn't be that many 'Duped Spread Needle Incidents' ^^

Lol. I remember that like it was yesterday.

Sienna
Feb 9, 2011, 11:51 PM
Dupe Spread Needles, I'll prefer my S-Rank Needles.

I am in favor of binding high leveled equipments to the account I guess.

Dongra
Feb 10, 2011, 12:27 AM

I'd prefer that they actually step up their game against cheating.

Vashyron
Feb 10, 2011, 02:56 AM
What would also be nice is rare enemies actually being a random chance every time and none of that "It has to be X Layout."

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2011, 08:27 AM
I haven't played psp2 yet but I'm assuming it shares offline with online? (nvm if I'm wrong)

and with handhelds being easy to hack, I guess the sole purpose would be to prevent duping.

So the cure yo all of that is sega not sucking with anti-hacking...

Seriously though...I'm sure hacking did it's number on pso from the horrible rumors I've heard, but I've seen it rip apart literally half of PSU's community when that game was in it's prime...

If they don't step up the anti-hacking then basically we'll probably end up getting pwnd by that same small group of hackers...........................................

Wayu
Feb 10, 2011, 08:28 AM
^

It shares.

-Wayu

funkyskunk
Feb 10, 2011, 08:45 AM
I'd like no trading at all, I can't see much benefit in it anymore. Sure it is great to help out your friends but I would rather help them hunt something than just give it to them, it's far more enjoyable. The only problem is that if you find the item your friend is after, you can't pass it over!

How about we have a drop system where if you do not want the item on the floor, you can press a different button on it and it make it available for someone else in the party (or even send it to someone in your partner card list):

-> A rare item drops and you don't need it
-> Stand over the item and press the "give" button
-> Select which player you want to give the item to

As soon as the item is picked up, this feature is lost. You can't just drop the item on the floor again (as PSP2). This could also bring some pretty awesome fun in Challenge mode with NPC characters. I can imagine running a challenge stage selecting which items to give to which characters.

Randomness
Feb 10, 2011, 09:38 AM

Actually, the inflation is a result of insufficient money sinks. And not being able to trade the really rare stuff would be stupid. If you get uber-rare ranger weapon X, but play a hunter, you should be able to trade it for uber-rare hunter weapon Y. I have a ton of stuff I'll never use sitting around in storage in PSP2.

And duping is the fault of bad coding, not trading.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2011, 09:45 AM
I'd like no trading at all, I can't see much benefit in it anymore. Sure it is great to help out your friends but I would rather help them hunt something than just give it to them, it's far more enjoyable. The only problem is that if you find the item your friend is after, you can't pass it over!

How about we have a drop system where if you do not want the item on the floor, you can press a different button on it and it make it available for someone else in the party (or even send it to someone in your partner card list):

-> A rare item drops and you don't need it
-> Stand over the item and press the "give" button
-> Select which player you want to give the item to

As soon as the item is picked up, this feature is lost. You can't just drop the item on the floor again (as PSP2). This could also bring some pretty awesome fun in Challenge mode with NPC characters. I can imagine running a challenge stage selecting which items to give to which characters.

I think theres more things wrong with this system, than any of the past systems...

theres be no point in money, if we're only spending it on an npc...trading is part of the fun of an rpg. D: Can't trade, then buy it. How do you buy it? Sell what you would want to trade = RPG economy.

No trading...money is suddenly just for pots.

I'd much rather have it like certain super rare items are un-trade-able or can only be traded a few times...and un-trade-able custom stat'd weapons that you can change the name of would be cool too...

Kent
Feb 10, 2011, 11:11 AM
I think, as far as trading goes, it should be allowed, but in a limited fashion.

For instance, rare items and weapons that you find as part of general gameplay should be tradable. Certain specific items though, should be restricted.

For instance, remember the quest line for getting a Soul Eater or Akiko's Frying Pan? Items and equipment you don't find, but instead earn should be bound to the character that earned them (or at the very least, bound to the account that earned them). Earned items could be from doing a series of quests and ending them with specific results, getting a certain rank in Challenge Mode or its derivatives (S-Rank weapons, god shields, etc.), tournaments or other special events that happen. Because these items are basically static and available to anyone who is willing to go through the trials (which should be actually-challenging) to earn them, they should be bound to the character (or account) in question.

I think as a bonus, they should also not take up inventory space when stored in the bank - like a separate "trophies" bank in which only special earned items could be stored.

As for regular types of weapons... I think they should be fully-tradable between characters. As has been said before, the ability to trade things you find, or find an item and think "Hey, I know a guy who would like this," is part of the fun of multiplayer RPGs in the first place. Of course it's not perfect, but nothing is - but if the alternative is preventing a significant portion of what's really a core portion of the social aspects of multiplayer RPGs, then maybe it's not the right alternative. It's especially of note that if trading of found equipment between players is outright prevented, a system where each player only sees the loot they can personally pick up... Well, the two are almost completely incompatible.

On the note of distribution, I think both kinds have their places and uses. Perhaps for normal gameplay, a per-character loot system (where you only see the loot that gets assigned to you) would be best. For something like Challenge Mode though, where players are encouraged to fight strategically and pool their resources, a shared loot system would be ideal - especially since players aren't competing for loot in the first place, but rather, co-operating.

Another alternative could be that all sorts of mundane items and supplies - your mono/di/trimates and fluids and meseta, non-rare weapons and armor - a shared looting system is in effect... But then rare item drops are considered on a per-character basis. This would still encourage players to act as a team and share a single pool of supplies that make themselves available, while still attempting to prevent arguments over who gets what rare loot by only spawning it for the player that can pick it up.

I really don't think a "photon fortune"-based drop system should be in effect for players - all this does is benefit or penalize players based on their character choice. It's a step down from the already-imperfect name-based Section ID system from PSO.

I think I have an idea for a system that might work out better: Since players in PSO will choose names for their characters to get the right section ID in the first place, why not just make it a choice at character creation, in the first place? And not arbitrary colored designations, per se: Have each of them be more like an assignment that the characters sign themselves into. For example, Skyly could be described as a heavy weapons platoon, and therefore arbitrarily get more drops of weapons like Swords.

However, I think it'd be a step up to make it so that all section IDs present in a game have an effect on what can drop as well as what types of enemies appear. For example, if a boss can drop four different rare weapons for four different section IDs, all section IDs present in the game grant that boss a chance to drop their respective rare for each player. For instance, if a boss can drop Weapon X for Pinkal and Weapon Y for Oran, then as long as both a Redria and an Oran player are in the game, all players in the game have a chance for the boss to drop Weapon X or Weapon Y for them. I think removing the creator as having sole influence on what can drop would be a great step forward for players.

Something like spawning additional or different enemies based on the composition of section IDs present would be an interesting thing to do - the idea being that this helps the game scale its encounters based on the number of people present, but the encounters are also changed based on which IDs are present, as well. The enemies added would be static per-encounter, but ultimately arbitrary. I think it would help to keep the game varied, while also increases the number of chances for good loot to be procured, as well as more challenge and more experience gain for players involved.

Akaimizu
Feb 10, 2011, 02:27 PM
What would also be nice is rare enemies actually being a random chance every time and none of that "It has to be X Layout."

Something that was indeed fixed in PSZ and PSP2. There wasn't a layout involved to get the rare enemies, or pretty much rare anything. It was simply a roll of the invisible dice. Then again, even the colored-Aura boosted monsters were generally randomized. On any run through, regardless of what it looked like, you never know exactly which or how many of them you'd expect.

Arkios
Feb 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
Something that was indeed fixed in PSZ and PSP2. There wasn't a layout involved to get the rare enemies, or pretty much rare anything. It was simply a roll of the invisible dice. Then again, even the colored-Aura boosted monsters were generally randomized. On any run through, regardless of what it looked like, you never know exactly which or how many of them you'd expect.

Ah, I haven't played the portable games much. I had always wished that EVERY monster had a chance of being a rare varient. Is that something they added into the game?

Kent, really nice ideas. I'll try to comment on some of them when I have some more time. I really like the Section ID ideas.

Akaimizu
Feb 10, 2011, 02:53 PM
I had always wished that EVERY monster had a chance of being a rare varient. Is that something they added into the game?

Yup. They call them Boosted Monsters. There are various different colors of the auras they produce denoting the level of boost they get. The higher the boost, the tougher they are and have a higher increased chance of dropping something special. People want these monsters for the possible loot they can get.

ThEoRy
Feb 10, 2011, 03:22 PM
Let's also consider item synthesis. PSO had the rudimentary systems of using a tekker to discern rare items and elemental percentages and also Dr. Montague for creating weapons from items and body parts. PSU on the other hand had a more structured crafting system though frustrating as it was. Especially pre aoti. How do you think a crafting system should be implemented? Or what would you like to see in this department?

BIG OLAF
Feb 10, 2011, 03:54 PM
How do you think a crafting system should be implemented? Or what would you like to see in this department?

Well, Sega already said that item synthesis would return, but with "modifications". Who knows what that means, but hopefully they revamped the whole system so it isn't all based around sheer dumb-luck....like pretty much everything in PSU was.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2011, 04:33 PM
Oh god...

99% Success being no different than 50% Success...

Please NEVER AGAIN!!

Aerilas
Feb 10, 2011, 04:47 PM
Let's also consider item synthesis. PSO had the rudimentary systems of using a tekker to discern rare items and elemental percentages and also Dr. Montague for creating weapons from items and body parts. PSU on the other hand had a more structured crafting system though frustrating as it was. Especially pre aoti. How do you think a crafting system should be implemented? Or what would you like to see in this department?

gone

if there is crafting, it shouldn't be %ized.
That's ridiculous.
They can fix that by making the items scarcer

Shou
Feb 10, 2011, 05:29 PM
I hope the item drop allocation system is the same as PSU.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 10, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'd be alright with Section ID drops, as long as you can pick your goddamn I.D., and not throw in like 5 spaces in your name. Dumbest ID calculator ever.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 10, 2011, 06:18 PM
I actually prefered PSO's item modifier (Monster parts, AddSlots, Photon Drops) over PSU's catastrophe. PSP2's Extend Codes were a nice touch, and if they mix that system with some of PSO's modifiers we would have a good system.

As for drops, I prefer the PSP2 method, where drops are determined by your current class. Makes hunting Hunter weapons for your Hunter much easier.

Randomness
Feb 10, 2011, 08:46 PM
I hope the item drop allocation system is the same as PSU.

I'd prefer PSP2/PSZ, where everyone is given their own roll on a monster for drops, and only sees their drops. (Except for the scrolling text that someone found a rare)

Arkios
Feb 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
Yup. They call them Boosted Monsters. There are various different colors of the auras they produce denoting the level of boost they get. The higher the boost, the tougher they are and have a higher increased chance of dropping something special. People want these monsters for the possible loot they can get.

Ooooh! Now that is awesome. I really hope they continue with that, that sounds like a really cool feature.

Oh god...

99% Success being no different than 50% Success...

Please NEVER AGAIN!!

Ugh! I remember grinding weapons in PSU too much and then they would break. ;-;

I'm assuming this has been changed on the portable games, how does this system work currently?

I actually prefered PSO's item modifier (Monster parts, AddSlots, Photon Drops) over PSU's catastrophe. PSP2's Extend Codes were a nice touch, and if they mix that system with some of PSO's modifiers we would have a good system.

As for drops, I prefer the PSP2 method, where drops are determined by your current class. Makes hunting Hunter weapons for your Hunter much easier.

I like this method too, however they need to make sure the colors of the boxes are distinctly different. There is nothing like killing a mob from range, seeing what you think is your rare drop... only to have your hopes and dreams crushed when you walk up and realize it's a Photon Drop instead.

How does your group makeup affect drops online with PSP2? For instance, if you have 1 Hunter, 1 Ranger and 2 Forces... what determines what items drop?

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2011, 07:37 PM
Ugh! I remember grinding weapons in PSU too much and then they would break. ;-;

I'm assuming this has been changed on the portable games, how does this system work currently?

You pay meseta for each grind. The better the weapon, and the higher the grind, the more meseta is takes. Grinds never fail.

How does your group makeup affect drops online with PSP2? For instance, if you have 1 Hunter, 1 Ranger and 2 Forces... what determines what items drop?

Party leader's type determines drops for all other party members. I don't agree with this system, as it's unfair to those who aren't the leader. Your own type should govern your own drops.

Arkios
Feb 11, 2011, 07:45 PM
You pay meseta for each grind. The better the weapon, and the higher the grind, the more meseta is takes. Grinds never fail.

Party leader's type determines drops for all other party members. I don't agree with this system, as it's unfair to those who aren't the leader. Your own type should govern your own drops.

Ah, that's a much better system. That at least makes meseta worth something, rather than just being used for consumables.

Is there a way to increase/grind the % on weapons on the portable games? In PSO I remember it required Photon Spheres which were HORRIBLE to legitimately obtain.

I agree with the drop system, that doesn't seem like a very fair approach. Perhaps the leader governs which items drop, but you have the ability to "trump" that with your own section ID/drop tables?

What if they create a new "slot" on your character for an actual "Section ID-type" item? You obtain new cards/items throughout the game and based upon which card you have equipped in that slot, that determines what drops you see? When you start your character you are given one and the rest are obtained as you progress through the game.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 11, 2011, 08:06 PM

It's actually the same system from PSO, where the host's Section ID dictated the drops. Personally, it's not at all problematic, and it keeps the diversity play.

Ah, that's a much better system. That at least makes meseta worth something, rather than just being used for consumables.

Is there a way to increase/grind the % on weapons on the portable games? In PSO I remember it required Photon Spheres which were HORRIBLE to legitimately obtain.

PSP2i introduced the Fusion Codes, which lets you combine identical weapons to gain elemental %.

Arkios
Feb 11, 2011, 08:49 PM
PSP2i introduced the Fusion Codes, which lets you combine identical weapons to gain elemental %.

How does this work with rare items? Do you have to combine identical rares or the rare with another weapon that is the same type?

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2011, 08:50 PM
How does this work with rare items? Do you have to combine identical rares or the rare with another weapon that is the same type?

The items have to have the same name.

Saber + Saber = (better) Saber.

Saber + Buster = can't do it.

Arkios
Feb 11, 2011, 08:55 PM
The items have to have the same name.

Saber + Saber = (better) Saber.

Saber + Buster = can't do it.

Ah ok, that seems pretty cool. I remember running into a lot of the more "common rares" that were garbage back in PSO. I can see them actually being pretty good if you find a ton of them, since now you can just grind them a bunch.

It's actually the same system from PSO, where the host's Section ID dictated the drops. Personally, it's not at all problematic, and it keeps the diversity play.

That method actually seems less diverse. You go from having 10 different section IDs to just 3 different classes. (Unless there are more classes available that I don't know about, my knowledge of the portable games is pretty bad)

Seth Astra
Feb 11, 2011, 08:59 PM
In PSP2, there is Vanguard, so 4...

RenzokukenZ
Feb 11, 2011, 09:00 PM
It helped that certain rares weren't class exclusive. And the portables only had 4 classes.

FOkyasuta
Feb 11, 2011, 09:46 PM
It helped that certain rares weren't class exclusive. And the portables only had 4 classes.

So you add a class and make the rares available to all classes at one point, But at what cost? Oh right, The trade cost. Not a good on in my opinion.

RemiusTA
Feb 12, 2011, 06:05 PM
i couldn't stand PSP2's system of not allowing trade and drops being player-specific. It's one of the reasons Challenge Mode felt sort of empty to me -- it removes alot of the teamwork aspect of the game.

PSU found a great way around this -- just put the rare drops on Random, or incorporate some kind of system that distributes based on rarity AND how often you DONT get picked in rotation. (So someone doesn't lose their chance for a Psycho Wand to a Kubara Wood or something.)

PSO2 just needs to be preactive with their hack prevention. There just isn't a way around it.

Randomness
Feb 15, 2011, 12:06 PM
Well, Sega already said that item synthesis would return, but with "modifications". Who knows what that means, but hopefully they revamped the whole system so it isn't all based around sheer dumb-luck....like pretty much everything in PSU was.

If they have level-up on the crafting, make it just a pre-req (Basically, need 100 in stat to make a P. Wand), and all crafting has 100% success. If they had done it like that in PSU, there wouldn't have been so many complaints imo.

Linka
Feb 15, 2011, 01:06 PM
honestly, i like Kent's idea. Section ID's determining drops, but also getting to pick Section ID's? well, i can see how abused that could get, but it only ups the odds of specific drops and certain encounters, which means its still all luck. just stacked the odds more in your favor is all. but i also agree the PSPo2/i system for drops is nice, just detach it from non-rare drops.

the idea of mixing the SID[section ID] system with the blessings system also sounds good, but let's throw in a tweaked photon fortune system from PSU as well. instead of the fortune being anti/pro based on exact amount, its either no boost most of the time, then on a day you set each month it skyrockets. JUST for that day, though. i already see that being abused, so i have a countermeasure in mind too. if more than half the people in a party share their 'Fortune Overdrive Day', its effect is reversed until the amount is down to half, meaning that you can get a "FOD Overload"(FOD=Fortune Overdrive Day) effect that causes an extreme drop in luck. the more people causing an FOD Overload, the greater the reduction, to the point that if you have a 6 person party, and everyone's causing FOD Overload, no drops happen for anyone.

imagine the variety you'd get now!

also...yeah. i might actually try and get PSO2 if it ends up on 360.

BIG OLAF
Feb 15, 2011, 01:50 PM
if more than half the people in a party share their 'Fortune Overdrive Day', its effect is reversed until the amount is down to half, meaning that you can get a "FOD Overload"(FOD=Fortune Overdrive Day) effect that causes an extreme drop in luck. the more people causing an FOD Overload, the greater the reduction, to the point that if you have a 6 person party, and everyone's causing FOD Overload, no drops happen for anyone.

So, you're saying that people's luck should be punished for playing with more people (in a co-operative game)? Or am I just not reading this correctly?

Linka
Feb 15, 2011, 02:49 PM
not exactly. every good thing that can be overdone needs a counterbalance measure. so, while yes FOD Overload can be deemed punishment for attempted abuse, its also a system to instill more diverse party setups. so, yes, its still technically a punishment system, but it works in favor of diversity. plus...how boring would it be if you and your friends only had one good day to grind on? kinda forces you to have a reason to play more than one day a month. meaning whatever monthly fees you would have to pay wouldn't be going to waste. instead of only one grind day, you could have a whole weekened, or a whole week depending on the number of friends! enough friends, and each month could be a good day!

NoiseHERO
Feb 15, 2011, 04:24 PM
not exactly. every good thing that can be overdone needs a counterbalance measure. so, while yes FOD Overload can be deemed punishment for attempted abuse, its also a system to instill more diverse party setups. so, yes, its still technically a punishment system, but it works in favor of diversity. plus...how boring would it be if you and your friends only had one good day to grind on? kinda forces you to have a reason to play more than one day a month. meaning whatever monthly fees you would have to pay wouldn't be going to waste. instead of only one grind day, you could have a whole weekened, or a whole week depending on the number of friends! enough friends, and each month could be a good day!

I actually kind of like this idea...

When the game is a year and a half+ old and everyones starts playing less and less and only logging on to chat with friends or find that one rare or see any new content. and a system like this would actually trick them into playing more than a couple of times a week.

But personally I hated the whole holy light system... felt kind of lame and not a lot of it's uses were explained all that great till we figured it out on our own.

Linka
Feb 15, 2011, 05:13 PM
yeah. pretty much. also, im pretty sure Zelda fans playing will likely just explore all day once they max out in level. just to see what comes next. well, Zelda fans, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fans, and...yeah. PSO fans who played it for that 'exploration' feel behind mission area designs.