PDA

View Full Version : A Moral Dillema...

DJplaeskool
Mar 13, 2003, 02:18 AM
So I'm stuck in this pickle and I don't know how to get out...wonderin' if I could get some advice...

anyways..I picked this game up with a BBA the first day it was released and played it hardcore for about a month and a half...

fast forward to a couple of days ago ago...hadn't really played at all for months...totally oblivious to the duping issues...decide to renew HL and play online again...finally getting back into my PSO groove when *BOOM* I waltz into a trade room and I trade a truckload of legit rares (legit DEMO COMET, SACRED CLOTH, ELYSION, FLOWEN'S(3084) to name a few) for (I now believe after reading some stuff here) a duped DOUBLE CANNON, DAVIL'S TAIL, and FLOWEN'S SHIELD...

I don't know whether I should forfeit my soul and stick with it and hopefully find some good legit stuff again...or sacrafice them and trudge with the garbage I'm left with...

I'm truly torn...and I feel so cheated...

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 13, 2003, 05:02 AM
Odds are the Flowen's Shield is legit since it's more of an uncommon item than a rare but the Double Cannon and Davil Tail are probably duped.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 13, 2003, 07:10 AM
This isn't a moral dilemma; it's a moral decision. A dilemma being a situation where two ethical values are in conflict with each other. This is just cheating vs not cheating.

I know players that have traded for items that they thought they were legit because the players they dealt with said they were. It sucks that a lot of people lie.

This is where you decide whether or not to be a honest player or a cheater.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 13, 2003, 02:33 PM
Trash em.

Sure, i know it stings, and you feel cheated, but you'll be able to find them eventually. Re-kindle your addiction to PSO by meeting new people and hunting for the weapons you lost.

About dupes, now you know. and knowing is half the battle. hehehe.

R

DJplaeskool
Mar 13, 2003, 03:57 PM
...total karma...
y'all convinced me to get rid of the duped stuff (well...not so much get rid of as trade back to the original owner for some of my stuff back + a Red Saber)...and about 45 minutes after doing that, I got a Partisan of Lightning from the Gol Dragon...life has begun anew http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 13, 2003, 06:55 PM
On 2003-03-13 11:33, MonkeyFunky wrote:
Trash em.

Sure, i know it stings, and you feel cheated, but you'll be able to find them eventually. Re-kindle your addiction to PSO by meeting new people and hunting for the weapons you lost.

About dupes, now you know. and knowing is half the battle. hehehe.

R

Nice GI Joe reference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MonkeyFunky
Mar 14, 2003, 12:23 PM
hehe, thanks.

old school cartoons rock.

R