PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island

DLShAdOw
Feb 16, 2011, 02:08 PM
One of the best game trailers I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

Sinue_v2
Feb 16, 2011, 06:09 PM
Yeah, that was pretty tight for a pre-rendered movie sequence. Doesn't really do much for me as a game trailer though.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 18, 2011, 01:11 PM
Official Trailer, in normal order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPWjb4-PQlk

Seems like no is posting the original reversed one.

Holy crap, what an awesome trailer, rarely do I get interested in a new IP's first trailer. Granted, the zombie theme is very unoriginal but a good story can still come out of it, that is if this game lives up to the intense, tragic scenery shown in the trailer. Apparently this game has already been development for 3 years, I've never heard of it until this week. Hope to hear more at E3. For all I know this probably won't even come out until 2011.

What do yous think?

McLaughlin
Feb 18, 2011, 01:23 PM
Topic (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185719) with the original trailer.

I feel the original trailer has a lot more impact. I'm not big on zombie survival games, but if this one does what it says it will (not put guns everywhere they have no business being) then I might give it a shot.

Akaimizu
Feb 18, 2011, 02:58 PM
For some strange SEGA-related reason, my mind just wants to turn this title into "Island Of The Dead".

Jinketsu
Feb 18, 2011, 03:19 PM
This game definitely has my interest locked in from that dramatic trailer. I don't think there are many games that promote itself with children dying or turning undead, so it was definitely something somewhat different.

Akaimizu
Feb 18, 2011, 03:20 PM
Bioshock kind of came close, though. :)

AC9breaker
Feb 18, 2011, 04:47 PM
I guess I'm the only one not interested. Personally I'm kind of tired of all this zombie fad. Seems like devs are throwing zombies in whatever game they can, and making zombie games like it's the new WW2 videogame craze.

So with that said, a CG cutscene about zombies from some doods I've never even heard of, I am not impressed.

amtalx
Feb 18, 2011, 04:51 PM
You're not the only one that's sick of zombie games.

Akaimizu
Feb 18, 2011, 05:39 PM
In 2011. I was thinking everything was going to be a Zombie game, or have a Zombie Spinoff from said game.

Sinue_v2
Feb 18, 2011, 06:50 PM
I guess I'm the only one not interested. Personally I'm kind of tired of all this zombie fad.

You're not the only one. I'm not really put off by the fact that it's yet another zombie game, but they don't really pique my interest either. You gotta admit, zombiepocalypse situations make for some great gameplay scenarios when done properly. That's why I want to see gameplay footage, not pre-rendered snuff scenes.

Outrider
Feb 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv-SQc6LA2E

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 21, 2011, 06:10 AM
Interesting video, but yeah tis just pre-rendered, which annoys me. Most consoles rely on them for trailers, PC games tend to use in game scenes. Anyways asides from that, what type of game will it be? They need a GTA scale free roaming zombie game with RPG elements I think. Button bashing games like Dead Rising are temporary entertainers. Left4Dead and Killing Floor are awesome but are solely FPS orientated. I think something with a bit of depth like an RPG but with a large free roaming map would be awesome. I don't get on with survival horror games, I've played my fair share but I've not found any horror game to be scary os disconcerting for well over 5 or 6 years. That includes Dead Space 1&2. I know Dead Rising tried adding more length and depth with levelling up etc but I just found it a very boring game after several hours. I love zombie films etc, but after decades of it...it's just getting really really tedious. And don't get me started on Romero's re-make after re-make...he just needs to stop.

Tifa

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 21, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hmm just checked the website where i work and it states:

First-person melee combat
4-player co-op
Weapon customization
Set on an gorgeous open world tropical island
RPG elements for character development
Hordes of gruesome zombies

Could work...or...with hoardes of zombies it could be another Dead Rising that gets stale after a few hours of mindless button bashing, especially with the focus apparently being on melee combat I see it being a short lived game for me.

Tifa

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Feb 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
trailer was cool, but the fact that it focuses on melee combat and is in first person really has me worried, if you're going melee combat it should be either interchangeable or just 3rd person, melee in first person is hellish

DLShAdOw
Feb 21, 2011, 12:18 PM
The reason I liked the trailer so much is because I've been looking for games that have prominent cinematic elements in them. I'm tired of just a movie game like Heavy Rain or just zombies like L4D. I want the full package, and I want it to be nothing like Dead Rising cuz I got really bored with that game.

McLaughlin
Feb 21, 2011, 05:18 PM
Some pictures of the actual game (http://kotaku.com/#!5766354/this-is-what-dead-island-the-game-looks-like/gallery/3).