PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 If I keep switching, I will never see level 200

Syrus08
Feb 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
My newman is almost at 150. But I think I am going back to my cast level 119. Anyone else constantly switching back and forth between characters?

Alucard V
Feb 18, 2011, 01:22 PM
That's the story of my un-life there. Not that high of level mind you but just as ture.

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 18, 2011, 01:51 PM
i have 2 alts....one is lv 1 and the other lv 11....i´m just going to level up my main to braver lv.30 and then pass to infinity demo.

Linka
Feb 18, 2011, 01:57 PM
same, pretty much. its worsened by the fact sometimes other games distract me for awhile, leading yet another one distracting me from the previous one, and so on until finally i loop back to PSPo2. x.x

i really need to just buckle down and grind levels for Linka on PSPo2. not even 80 yet. think she's 76 at the moment. so, maybe you could run some A's with me sometime, Alucard? i'd have to tape down my wlan switch first, since its sensitive as fuck.

Alucard V
Feb 18, 2011, 03:17 PM
Sounds good. I'll keep a eye open for you. Post your time zone on my porfile and we'll hope for the best.

RemiusTA
Feb 18, 2011, 03:42 PM
My newman is almost at 150. But I think I am going back to my cast level 119. Anyone else constantly switching back and forth between characters?

i literally laughed when i read this topic title. I've never gotten a character past 130 on any PS game because of this.

Syrus08
Feb 19, 2011, 01:08 AM
I have never been a cast supremacy or any of that nonsense person. I just play whatever catches my eye. I listen to high level people for advice because why invent the wheel. A few months ago I read a small discussion about evasion and newmans in end game. One post in particular caught my eye. Someone was stating that evasion is overratted. If everything is dead there is no need to evade. Then heard about some DLC that takes evasion out of the equation. So I made a newman (last race for me actually already had the others). The evasion was cool and i was killing stuff. Things seemed great. But that post just sat in the back of my head. Why worry about not being hit when everything is dead? (Reminds me of How to Train Your Dragon, "Why read about stuff when you can kill the stuff you are reading about." Maybe not direct quote but you catch my drift. So I switch back to my cast and it's RIDICULOUS! Stuff drops so quick. Screw evasion LOL. I actually enjoy blocking anyways. It has taken a while but I have found my calling Beast level 115 no, human level 59 no (didn't really give him a chance), newman level 149 no. It's cast for me. Until I get bored again LOL. Grind on people grind on.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 19, 2011, 01:29 AM
Six alts. I think that says it all. ^_^

Wayu
Feb 19, 2011, 01:59 AM
That explains why Crystal's only 116.

I only have 3 characters. I play my main most of the time, but managed to hit the level cap for Teana (1st alt) and working on Asuka ATM.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Feb 19, 2011, 02:17 AM
She'd be higher by now, if not for the level 100 cap in Infinity. XD I'm just taking the chance to get the others on parity with her level.

vagabondkitten
Feb 19, 2011, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I understand as well. I'm now at 6 characters total. (Note a couple of them are under 30). I have a male and female for newman and cast, and then one beast and one human. And I will of course make a dewman assuming they make an English version. Though I mostly play my male newman, and female cast.

Ishia
Feb 19, 2011, 09:55 AM
I used to have a problem with deleting my main characters constantly because I was never satisfied with what I got. Never got a character over LV120 on PSO DC or GC, never hit the LV60 cap on Everquest Online Adventures, and kept deleting and remaking characters on PSU despite them being LV50-100+. I've only just recently gotten over that habit after 10 years of doing so.

PurpleIsGood
Feb 19, 2011, 11:19 AM
I have this kind of trouble, but in a different way...I play so much on my main(Lv. 117) that I can't get back into the noobieness that are my lower files. Once I get a taste of all these awesome weapons and enemies I can't get back into starting from scratch.

TheToyDolls
Feb 19, 2011, 11:28 AM
I feel ya.

I finally got my Caseal to a reasonable point. 153 and able to take up 3 different types 15+.

But... now I've been taking a break and playing my 116 Newman. I DESPISE leveling type and spamming Magashi Plan, but I really enjoy playing my Newman. Oh, what a predicament.

Cranberry
Feb 19, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hey Linka. I'm level 68 right now. I'd be willing to play some A rank missions with you if you if you're still wanting to play A ranks. I need to get to level 80 myself.

Ishia
Feb 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
Cranberry sauce, I've been yearning for some PSP2 for a long time, but haven't been able to motivate myself. I'd be glad to help you. My main is LV112.

BIG OLAF
Feb 19, 2011, 06:59 PM
I also would like to start playing PSP2 regularly again. But, all of the people I used to play with don't really play anymore, either. That, and the in-game text chat is atrocious :nono:.

FOkyasuta
Feb 19, 2011, 07:00 PM
True that. Any plans?

LarienTiwele
Feb 19, 2011, 10:58 PM
Only 6 alts? I think I have you way beaten lol

8/8 Memcard1

8/8 Memcard2

5/8 Infinity Demo

...And Am I glad that unlike FFXI and my 16/16 and then another 5/16 dun raep with $1.00 per extra chara fee... I still owe like $60 to reactivate my FFXI due to that.. lol

And yes, I suffer badly from "Packratitus"

...especially in infinity where I cant read everything xD (Though the fact my Storage holds like 5-10 of every item thats dropped almost, all of diff elements, and many same eles, it may be worse cause I just cant bear to NPC it all...)

Crystal_Shard
Feb 19, 2011, 11:10 PM
*bows before LarienTiwele's currently superior Packratitus*

Used to do that on PSO GC before - 3 x mem cards x 4 characters each. Didn't get very far on that though. ^_^

LarienTiwele
Feb 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
XD
4x charas, 7 Mem cards for PSOGC... And I used them all to at least lv. 10 lolXP

Anyways I should get on PSP2i and drag JP friend pre server shutdownage DX.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 19, 2011, 11:27 PM
Haha, my GC alts ranged between 1-122 and quite a few did hit level 20 at least I think, but indeed you are truly a Master Pack Rat. XD

Just curious, but with that many characters, what's the average level of them? Your profile only has a handful of them listed.

My levels are on my profile. XD

LarienTiwele
Feb 19, 2011, 11:53 PM
Honestly? I never added them lol. And T-T no ones on infinity.. Lol

Crystal_Shard
Feb 20, 2011, 12:08 AM
You mean now? Might be having lunch soon, but if I can get online, I shall pm you at least.

Better get all the time we can out of the demo servers while they're still up.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Feb 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
I've been grinding Ancient Warriors A for a long while. Since like...73. Been grinding it for that stupid rattlesnake. Right now I'm 84 and I still don't have it! Augh, curse you PSPo2! As for gettin to 200, highly doubt it. At the rate I'm goin I'd be surprised I hit 150!

Geiz
Feb 20, 2011, 04:57 PM
I only have two characters and I still don't have one above 100. I told myself I should only make one character, but I decided I can't pick.

I'm not as bad as I was back in the DC days, I had like 8 memory cards and only one character over 130 (or over 100 at all).

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Feb 20, 2011, 05:04 PM
Yea, back in the PSO days for me it was strangely easy to get over 100. In PSPo2 it seems to be a stop and go. Thankfully Infinity has adressed this issue with an easier leveling curve. But that could be in part by the reincarnation or "Transmutation" option.

Saphire089
Feb 20, 2011, 09:50 PM
I have six characters right now, (will have 8 in infinity when dumans are available as a race), and only one of them can do S ranks. 2 of them can do A ranks, the other 3 can do B ranks. I mean that they can do those ranks at best. The problem is I wish we could have a little more than eight characters.