PDA

View Full Version : Does how high a level you are effect how rare of items you get

Pso-Pepsi
Feb 20, 2011, 08:05 PM
I`ve been having trouble getting 7 stared weapons and I`ve been wondering if you have to be a higher level to get better weapons, I`m a level 81 HUmar and I really want better weps and so I could give them to my other chars later on, Thank you!!:-D

shachao
Feb 20, 2011, 08:14 PM
Nope not really.

Pso-Pepsi
Feb 20, 2011, 08:18 PM
Ok! Thanks!

Windancer
Feb 20, 2011, 10:10 PM
I dont think it does but it seems that way LOL. I have logged alot of hours and im sure there are peeps that have logged more then me. im at 81%. Would have been cool if Sega had implemented a super drop rate on certain days like say christmas day a 300% drop rate. but people would just change the dates in their DS to get what they want but might have been nice.

Mustache
Feb 21, 2011, 02:14 AM
If you play online the drop rates increase by X1.5, if you play in choose area instead of doing quests the drop rates increase by X1.25. If you play choose area online the total bonus will be X1.85. Almost double the drop rate for items, which is great for the 7* rares which can have drop rates as rare as 1/50,000.

Selest
Feb 21, 2011, 07:31 AM
I... did NOT know that... once I beat this tower Mustache, I know exactly where we're going! XD

ZeekTheSweet
Feb 23, 2011, 05:39 AM
Good luck

Windancer
Feb 23, 2011, 03:39 PM
Ive been trying forever to get the Eridanus from the boosted Hog Tormatible in valley ive killed the boosted Hog at least 20 times so far Give or take a few and no luck getting the Eridanus maybe one of these times. **eats 100 luck mats LOL** PUMBA IS GOIN DOWN!

Mustache
Feb 23, 2011, 03:52 PM
Eridanus does not have a boosted chance of dropping from Boosted Tormatibles. They have the same awful drop rate as normal ones. You probably have a handful of Divine/Swifts which do get the boosted drop rate. Keep your head up, try to play online and off quests, and eventually one will drop.

Windancer
Feb 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Yup I sold those swifts LOL I probably should use them for my Ranger but I went with power on him which seems to be just fine

Chaos Rappy
Feb 23, 2011, 04:50 PM
Should use them to make an EVP HUnewearl. They're BEAST.

But yes, effing stingy Tormatibles, I have yet to get my own Eridanus from them, but I've gotten at least 5 Divine/Swifts. Eridanus w/ Lv3 and Bright Sign will forever be on my wants list. :/

(Also, Luck materials in the original PSO had nothing to do with droprates, it only increased the chances of landing critical hits on regular attacks, max of I think 20 or 25% chance of crit at 100 LCK.)

Mustache
Feb 23, 2011, 05:07 PM
100 luck will hit a crit roughly 1 out of every 3 hits, it also has effect past 100 but the higher your luck the less effect more luck adds to your crits. Much like a Logarithmic graph.

http://www.mathamazement.com/images/Pre-Calculus/03_Exponential-and-Logarithmic-Functions/03_02_Logarithmic-Functions/log-graph.JPG

While there is an increase of effect it's not as noticeable. To get your critical hits to about 50% you'll need somewhere around 250-300 luck.

Windancer
Feb 23, 2011, 05:20 PM
ROFLMOA! That is awesome But I like my picture better

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj49/windancerac/I_Gotta_Rock.jpg

Hatrix
Mar 16, 2011, 01:40 PM
I play with my Lv.97 HUnewm mostly, and It's still hard to find the super rares. last one I found was N-Tathlum from a Izharak but I fucked up and fed it to my mag. I think I was lucky to even find that because I've done nearly 100 solo runs offline in Paru with him. Then I checked how many of that monster I had killed and it was barely over 1,000. If I remember correctly. Anyway rares are rare as they say, but you could get lucky so don't get too discouraged!

Norco
Mar 16, 2011, 04:45 PM
In my opinion there is some truth in being higher level and getting more rares. As already stated in this thread being higher level does not increase the droprate. However if you are higher level you are probably likely to kill monsters faster and therefore getting more rares faster.

A simple way of putting it would be something I am sure everyone have heard, "time is money".

Clavat99
Mar 18, 2011, 10:04 AM
Its a common misconception to the uneducated player that level affects drop rates. That lower levels never see even a 6star item until their 30s or 40s. Well let me ask you this: Are you playing on hard and super hard in your low levels? Didn't thinks so. The only reason it seems that level affects drop rates is because you are playing more often in the difficulties where those kick-ass items drop during your high levels. If you took your level 100 and went and did nothing but play normal for a month, i can almost guarantee you that you will never get anything higher than a 4 star.

Chaos Rappy
Mar 18, 2011, 04:13 PM
Its a common misconception to the uneducated player that level affects drop rates. That lower levels never see even a 6star item until their 30s or 40s. Well let me ask you this: Are you playing on hard and super hard in your low levels? Didn't thinks so. The only reason it seems that level affects drop rates is because you are playing more often in the difficulties where those kick-ass items drop during your high levels. If you took your level 100 and went and did nothing but play normal for a month, i can almost guarantee you that you will never get anything higher than a 4 star.

You have the misconception people think of hunting things in difficulties they are not capable of being in, or hunt in difficulties to where the item most certainly has no chance of dropping in (as mentioned before, hunting anything over 5* in Normal, since besides materials, nothing over 5* drops in Normal, and nothing over 6* drops in Hard). I would imagine anyone would realize that as far as these speculations go, it's going to be assumed the player is at least of the difficulty the item may be found in, and has the capability of finding, and defeating, the enemy that can drop it on at least a semi-regular basis. Facts straight, yes, if you're a higher level, you can usually kill things faster than a lower-level, but that's an assumption taking factors that AREN'T level into consideration.

As far as JUST level is concerned, no, level will not affect the rate rares drop. I've known several people who've gotten really-high-level gear like the shurikens or the Lv90 gear (Lavis, Yas M109, and PWand) before they even got near Lv90. It's all based on the player's luck.