PDA

View Full Version : Infinity What collabs would you want to happen in Infinity?

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 21, 2011, 02:20 PM
Just a random thought about what kind of collabs you would want in Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. It doesn't have to have a possibility to happen, just what would you like? What kind of weapons, missions, or costumes could come with said collab?

Personally, I would love if Infinity collaborated with .hack://. I have had ideas several times of said collab working out. I've had ideas for weapons, like Kite's Twin Blades being Daggers, Black Rose's big sword and Haseo's Chainsaw Sword being, well Swords. Ovan & Kuhn's rifles being Rifles, and much more.

I have had ideas for costumes like Kite's outfit, or an outfit for each of Haseo's forms.

And even mission ideas as well. But it'd take another post to explain that one. XP And I think it'd contradict with the .hack:// story. Maybe cause I don't know much aside from playing the original 4 games, the G.U. Trilogy, reading The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, and barely knowing about .hack://Link, though I'd want that game too.

If you want me to explain the mission idea I had, or want to know more info about my weapon ideas, you're free to ask. And do you have an even better collab? Do you have a collab you wish could happen? Feel free to chat about it here, it's all for fun, it's not official, just something for fun. XD

Kaziel
Feb 21, 2011, 02:27 PM
All these "collabs" make me feel violated. I don't really want any in my Phantasy Star game. *goes and kills Boomas with his Plug Suit* ;_;

VorpalLord
Feb 21, 2011, 02:38 PM
.hack would be awesome, bad thing about collabs is that their mostly dlc =(

FMA, Al's armor would be cool cast parts lol
http://www.freewebs.com/fullmetal-alchemist_shrine/18.jpeg
And Ed's Metal arm would be a nice single sword or dagger
http://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/edward-edward-with-sword.jpg

code geass has a lot of mech designs, that would make awesome cast parts also
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/codegeass/geass-tv/type-02.jpg

Those animes are done airing though so I doubt they'd be collabs =(

As for restaurants, they have done 2 of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum!_Brands so far so might as well do the rest. Toco bell dog Tech/Range Mag lol.
( Long John Silver's doesn't exist overseas according to link though)

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
.hack would be awesome, bad thing about collabs is that their mostly dlc =(

FMA, Al's armor would be cool cast parts lol
http://www.freewebs.com/fullmetal-alchemist_shrine/18.jpeg
And Ed's Metal arm would be a nice single sword or dagger
http://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/edward-edward-with-sword.jpg

code geass has a lot of mech designs, that would make awesome cast parts also
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/codegeass/geass-tv/type-02.jpg

Those animes are done airing though so I doubt they'd be collabs =(

As for restaurants, they have done 2 of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum!_Brands so far so might as well do the rest. Toco bell dog Tech/Range Mag lol. ( Long John Silver's doesn't exist overseas according to link though)

I agree with ya on FMA collabing. Very awesome for Alphonse's armor to be Cast Parts. And with Code Geass as well. I'd love to see Cast Knightmares. And maybe have Zero's cloak as an outfit as well.

Gintoki-kun
Feb 21, 2011, 06:03 PM
I heard of the anime Fairy Tail collabing with this game,may not be true but some people were disgusted since it's "Mainstream".

Wayu
Feb 21, 2011, 07:38 PM
Final Fantasy collaboration has to happen sooner or later.

Fire Emblem outfits.

-Wayu

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 08:07 PM
...i'm gonna say it. Chrono Trigger. i want Chrono Trigger collab. you heard me. give us everyone's outfits from CT. also, i'm probably nuts for saying this, but...Beyblade Metal Fusion. XD give us handguns that shoot specific beyblades. or the bey being shot changes based upon the element? light is Storm Pegasus, earth is earth eagle, fire is Burn Fireblaze, dark is Lightning L-Drago, ice is Storm Aquario(best i can think of for ice. stfu.), and elec is...ok. i'm stuck for lightning. but normal/null could be Cyber Pegasus?

Lucky 777
Feb 21, 2011, 08:20 PM
...i'm gonna say it. Chrono Trigger. i want Chrono Trigger collab. you heard me. give us everyone's outfits from CT. also, i'm probably nuts for saying this, but...Beyblade Metal Fusion. XD give us handguns that shoot specific beyblades. or the bey being shot changes based upon the element? light is Storm Pegasus, earth is earth eagle, fire is Burn Fireblaze, dark is Lightning L-Drago, ice is Storm Aquario(best i can think of for ice. stfu.), and elec is...ok. i'm stuck for lightning. but normal/null could be Cyber Pegasus?

OH YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES TO THAT CT IDEA! Sorry for that freak out but I am a nut for anything Chrono series related. Besides SE is not gonna do anything with that much beloved franchise anyway.

You know how AWESOME it would be to have Robo CAST parts! Also It would be insane to dress everyone as a party member and a run a mission with them! But yeah they should totally do it. (freak-out over)

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 08:30 PM
...if the CT outfits happen, I CALL CRONO! yeah, i'd actually make a guy chara just cause of the Crono outfit. unless nobody wants to be Magus?

BIG OLAF
Feb 21, 2011, 08:40 PM
Obviously not plausible, but I think these would be cool:

Mass Effect
-N7 Armor (all races and sexes)
-Geth Sniper (rifle)

Bayonetta
-Kulshedra (whip)
-Scarborough Fair (T. Handguns)
-Bazillions (T. Handguns)
-Lt. Col. Kilgore (Laser)
-Shuraba (longsword)
-Durga (T. Claws)
-Onyx Rose (shotgun)
-Bayonetta Replica (female clothes)
-Jeanne Replica (female clothes)
-Baldur Replica (male parts)
-Rodin Replica (male clothes)
-Jubileus Replica (female parts)

Tyreek
Feb 21, 2011, 09:03 PM
Yu Yu Hakusho

Spirit Gun(handgun)
Spirit Sword(saber)
Rose Whip(whip)
Hiei's Sword(saber) OR Dragon of the Darkness Flame(wand; and should be fixed with dark element and boost megid spells.)

Yusuke Replica(Kuwabara is basically the same except its blue)
Kurama Replica
Hiei Replica
Botan Replica
Keiko Replica
Chizuru Replica

Shounen JUMP was part of their original collaborations of the first game. Enough said.

Magitek_X
Feb 21, 2011, 09:45 PM
I really want some Virtual On parts for Casts.

vagabondkitten
Feb 21, 2011, 09:56 PM
I want the school outfits from the Shin Megami Persona 3 game! With the evoker gun as a handgun. Yeah, that'd be amazing.... I also second outfits from Chrono, but personally though I love Chrono Trigger, I can't think of any outfits from there that I actually am in love with, however Chrono Cross.... I'd love to see a lot of outfits from that game. In particular Riddel and Lynx.... also Pip as TCSM (Cutest thing in existence!). Sadly I really don't see how those would be possible, or relevant :-(

AtarenShadow
Feb 21, 2011, 10:08 PM
Naruto...Bleach...

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 10:17 PM
...ok. even i gotta say that's drawing the line, dude. i'm a Naruto fan, and even i say that's pushing it. god no to bleach just cause its bleach, but Naruto?...yeah...no ruining Naruto with PS, or PS with Naruto. it goes both ways. i don't think the two would mesh well, unlike PS and CT.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 21, 2011, 10:38 PM
I'm about to post my mission ideas for my .hack:// Collab. Just saying to you all. ^^

AtarenShadow
Feb 21, 2011, 10:42 PM
...ok. even i gotta say that's drawing the line, dude. i'm a Naruto fan, and even i say that's pushing it. god no to bleach just cause its bleach, but Naruto?...yeah...no ruining Naruto with PS, or PS with Naruto. it goes both ways. i don't think the two would mesh well, unlike PS and CT.

i was just thinking it would be interesting...

BIG OLAF
Feb 21, 2011, 10:51 PM
i was just thinking it would be interesting...

^This. He was just pointing out what collaborations he would like to see, as the thread is called "What collabs would you want to happen in Infinity?". It's entirely opinion-based, therefor nothing (within reason) is really "drawing the line".

RenzokukenZ
Feb 21, 2011, 10:54 PM
Just a random thought about what kind of collabs you would want in Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. It doesn't have to have a possibility to happen, just what would you like? What kind of weapons, missions, or costumes could come with said collab?

Personally, I would love if Infinity collaborated with .hack://. I have had ideas several times of said collab working out. I've had ideas for weapons, like Kite's Twin Blades being Daggers, Black Rose's big sword and Haseo's Chainsaw Sword being, well Swords. Ovan & Kuhn's rifles being Rifles, and much more.

I have had ideas for costumes like Kite's outfit, or an outfit for each of Haseo's forms.

And even mission ideas as well. But it'd take another post to explain that one. XP And I think it'd contradict with the .hack:// story. Maybe cause I don't know much aside from playing the original 4 games, the G.U. Trilogy, reading The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, and barely knowing about .hack://Link, though I'd want that game too.

If you want me to explain the mission idea I had, or want to know more info about my weapon ideas, you're free to ask. And do you have an even better collab? Do you have a collab you wish could happen? Feel free to chat about it here, it's all for fun, it's not official, just something for fun. XD

That would be an interesting collab considering that, if I remember right, .hack was inspired by PSO. Paying homage to a homage lol.

As for my ideas, Final Fantasy would be great, if mostly for weapons (gunblades galore!)

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 21, 2011, 10:58 PM
^This. He was just pointing out what collaborations he would like to see, as the thread is called "What collabs would you want to happen in Infinity?". It's entirely opinion-based, therefor nothing (within reason) is really "drawing the line".

I could not have said better words myself. (Really, I tried. XP)

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 11:11 PM
for an idea, its alright. but if Sega actually considered it?...i'd slap their CEO for that. i wouldn't wanna see a bunch of naruto characters running around yelling "RASENGAN!" all the time, would you? if i had to deal with that, i'd have to pull out Death Note references. namely the Death Note itsself. and i hate Death Note. so, yes, i like Naruto, but i wouldnt want a collab between it and PSP2i because half the naruto fanboys are idiots. so don't encourage the stupidity those fanboys bear.

Rehks
Feb 21, 2011, 11:26 PM
Lulz at that.
For Collabs, Since psp2i is future sci-fi, Gundam would be nice.
- Gundam parts/sets from different series for Cast Visuals
- Boomerangs from gundam seed/destiny as daggers.
- Dragoon system for an R-Mag. (Have eight of them flying around behind you. Like Strike Freedom, but they shoot like a regular R-Mag)

Ill edit in some more later, currently thinking up some more.

AtarenShadow
Feb 21, 2011, 11:26 PM

thank you...and those two were the first ones to mind...not the ones i would like most to see though...my mind isnt making the necessary connection...

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 21, 2011, 11:46 PM
Info on .hack:// Collab Missions Part 1

They could take place on several stages that could be made via Chaos Gate. The plot of the mission is that you try to answer an abnormality similar to Subspace. There would be two different missions for the Offline Tactical Mission. I'll be talking about the first one for my idea in this post.

Upon flying to investigate the abnormality, you encounter a Guardian known only as 'Aura'. She says nothing aside from 'help us' and are given a choice to say 'Okay' or 'Who are you?'. Which choice you make has no effect on the mission or your rank. Either way, you suddenly get covered in a bright light and get transported to a big field known only as 'Server' '1st' '2nd' '3rd' (The server name will change depending on your level, and so will the Area Words partially. Aside from your level, the area names are completely random.) and shortly after you meet Kite and Black Rose. You also seemingly have been added into their Party as well. Kite and Black Rose are confused at the appearance of you in such a place this quick, because the said area is 'CORRUPTED', which could be told by the sploches of Binary Code on the terrain, and they only just came to this place as well. But they shrug it off for now and continue on.

So you start out in the first area fighting monsters though you can just enter in to the dungeon, but it would help out your Mission Rank if you killed all of the monsters first. As you did, they start questioning you about your character design and what class you are.

Then when you enter the dungeon, you come across a 'Moderator' explaining that this area has 'bugs' and he implores the three of your to 'gate out'. Cue another answer choice, between 'Disregard the warning' or 'Gate Out?' the latter causing Black Rose and Kite to think questionably of you, thinking that this may have to do with Aura. They notice that you reacted upon the mention of the name and ask you if you ever met someone named that, cue another answer choice, the options being 'Yes' or 'Maybe'. What choice you make doesn't change the outcome, which involves them assuming you do not know about her and the mission resuming within the dungeon.

Also, if you choose to disregard the warning, Black Rose and Kite will comment on the state of the area, thinking Aura could possibly be here, then they notice your reaction upon the name and the sequence goes as if you chose 'Gate out?'

Cue the second sector of the mission, and as you fight the monsters, Kite and Black Rose will explain to you who Aura is and where you are and what you are in, also assuming you are not a player of The World, but instead a 'Vagrant AI' for the time being.

Also while playing this mission, the names of some of your items and Technics are changed. Like a 'Monomate' being a 'Health Drink' or 'Resta' being 'Repth' or 'La Repth' depending on the level of it. You are also unable to block or go into First Person Mode.
(Info on Boss and Mission Rewards Next Post)

Lucky 777
Feb 22, 2011, 12:59 AM
...if the CT outfits happen, I CALL CRONO! yeah, i'd actually make a guy chara just cause of the Crono outfit. unless nobody wants to be Magus?

Late as hell but if that ever came true I would call Lucca or Magus lol.

Linka
Feb 22, 2011, 01:05 AM
...>.>...you thinking what i'm likely thinking now, Lucky 7's? *stares at nearby PSP*...what kind of weapon would fit Crono better? sword, or a saber? i'm thinking a sword. he wields his swords all two-handed, anyway. great. now i feel like actually making Crono now. x.x

...my new dillemma[sp?]: one, not make Crono and keep working on Kari. or two, make Crono and leave Kari to be worked on in Infinity.

...oh, conundrum.

Seth Astra
Feb 22, 2011, 01:08 AM
Final Fantasy collaboration has to happen sooner or later.

Fire Emblem outfits.

-Wayu
Yes please.

GeoSword
Feb 22, 2011, 01:35 AM
A collab I would like to see is something from SEGA's older library of games. The two that come to mind are AfterBurner and Soul Calibur (DC). A F-14 Tomcat wing attached to the control stick to make a sword would be awesome, and a pilot suit to compliment the sword. As far as Soul Calibur, make the Soul Calibur a saber and Soul Edge a sword, naturally. Some armors/outfits from the main characters would also make good clothes, such as Nightmare's armor or Xianghua's black Chinese Dress.

Lucky 777
Feb 22, 2011, 02:35 AM
...>.>...you thinking what i'm likely thinking now, Lucky 7's? *stares at nearby PSP*...what kind of weapon would fit Crono better? sword, or a saber? i'm thinking a sword. he wields his swords all two-handed, anyway. great. now i feel like actually making Crono now. x.x

...my new dillemma[sp?]: one, not make Crono and keep working on Kari. or two, make Crono and leave Kari to be worked on in Infinity.

...oh, conundrum.

A sword would work fine but I don't really think of using character slots like that for games like these. I'd save Crono for later and finish working on the character I had now. And to tell you the truth I'd make Magus but I'd prefer to find Liberation and White Disaster first lol.

Also all this talk of good turn-based JRPG's of quality has shown how absolutely starved I am of the genre.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 22, 2011, 05:38 AM
Though I'm personally ambivalent about seeing FF outfits in my PS, I know my older brother would love to see the Crisis Core outfits turn up, certainly after he seems to have gotten hooked enough to order his own copy of Infinity. I wouldn't say no to some Dissidia-esque ones from the older FFs show up either.

I'd like to see Sega make use of their rich RPG history and give us more outfits and weapons from their own games. The original Phantasy Stars, Shining Force, Skies of Arcardia, Panzer Dragoon, etc, there's so much they could use but choose not to.

While we're including games from Namco Bandai, I'm gonna add that I'd love to see outfits from various Tales of series games, especially from Tales of the Abyss.

@Linka: Crono needs katanas, so swords should do the trick. Also, you'd need to limit him to lightning and light elemental techs only.

@GeoSword: The dragon slayer is pretty close to the Soul Edge already though. Adding Soul Calibur stuff would be more a Namco collab, but that would be nice too. ^_^

LarienTiwele
Feb 22, 2011, 05:51 AM
While we're including games from Namco Bandai, I'm gonna add that I'd love to see outfits from various Tales of series games, especially from Tales of the Abyss.

Screw Abyss, give me Tales of Destiny. I want my Rutee and Mary outfits... AND epic talking Swords (sabers)! xD

But I had that same thought after remembering the tropic and playing ToD just now xDDD...

As for Skies of Arcadia, I'd love those too... Especially if we get a Mag version of Fina's little transforming pet of win xD.

EDit: Can't forget Eternal Sonata, and even the Magna Carta series. I'd love to be able to get a Rue or Celeste outfit, lol...

Edit 2: Oh yes...

Luminous Arc Series...
Atelier series...
Wild Arms Series...
Ar Tonelico Series...

Edit 3:
Star Ocean series...

...XDD

RenzokukenZ
Feb 22, 2011, 06:08 AM
http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/f/f2/Dyran_Slayer.png
Soul Edge

http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/d/d6/Shippujinlai.png
Soul Calibur

:D

Crystal_Shard
Feb 22, 2011, 07:15 AM
@Renzokuken: Heh, I didn't think of using one of the Hyakka pair to use as an analogue for the Soul Calibur as well.

Screw Abyss, give me Tales of Destiny. I want my Rutee and Mary outfits... AND epic talking Swords (sabers)! xD

Hey, the Oracle Kishidan deserve some love too!

As for Skies of Arcadia, I'd love those too... Especially if we get a Mag version of Fina's little transforming pet of win xD.

On that point, how about a T-Mag of Mieu that shoots Foie? Also, allow me to fantasize about having Fina's outfit for my female characters to use... mmmm.

Luminous Arc Series...
Atelier series...
Wild Arms Series...
Ar Tonelico Series...

Edit 3:
Star Ocean series...

...XDD

Definitely Luminous Arc 1-3. XD Ar Tornelico's design is also an excellent fit for PS imo, though I'd be a little o_O if they make clothing disappear when using PAs, like in part 3 of the series... I'm not so sure about Star Ocean though - the outfits there don't have as strong a style as the others imo.

Wild Arms would certainly be good for the cowboy hat wearing crowd. ^_^ I'm also not too familiar with the Atelier series personally.

vagabondkitten
Feb 22, 2011, 10:20 AM

But I had that same thought after remembering the tropic and playing ToD just now xDDD...

EDit: Can't forget Eternal Sonata, and even the Magna Carta series. I'd love to be able to get a Rue or Celeste outfit, lol...

Luminous Arc Series...
Atelier series...
Wild Arms Series...
Ar Tonelico Series...

Edit 3:
Star Ocean series...

...XDD

I second Star Ocean as well! One of my other favorite Sci-Fi series aside from Phantasy Star. I'd also like to see a Princess Mononoke colabs. I especially like Ashitaka's outfit when has on the mask and straw cape.

Crimson The FOmar
Feb 22, 2011, 10:48 AM

Best. Idea. EVER.

I would LOVE a tech mag of Fina's pet :-D Skies of Arcadia is one of my favourite RPG's ever...

Kaziel
Feb 22, 2011, 11:04 AM
Star Ocean would be an interesting collab, actually. O_o

I'd like to see some of the sexy (http://www.akiba-station.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/star_ocean_4_last_hope_1.jpg) outfits (http://taediumedaxrerum.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/star-ocean-reimi.jpg), or even the weapons (http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/star_ocean_4_conceptart_7Li9d.png) for that matter. Best of both (http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/945/945017/star-ocean-second-evolution--20090114021719397_640w.jpg) worlds. 8D

Alucard V
Feb 22, 2011, 11:30 AM
I can think of a few Sega theamed collabs.

1st off, SHINOBI! Move to the point a Hotsuma Replica because who doesn't wanna be a bad ass ninja with a scarf.

2nd also Shinobi. The Akujiki, cursed blade of the Oboro Clan. It would be like Rengokuto Ensa and Souleater fused together. Sure it kill you as well but your enemies dead long be for that.

3rd Sonic the MySynth. With a Al Tip/Shisoku Tenkai-zan combo, Yellow Ring, and Sacred Cluster it would move just like the real deal.

Alucard V
Feb 22, 2011, 11:33 AM
Star Ocean would be an interesting collab, actually. O_o

I'd like to see some of the sexy (http://www.akiba-station.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/star_ocean_4_last_hope_1.jpg) outfits (http://taediumedaxrerum.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/star-ocean-reimi.jpg), or even the weapons (http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/star_ocean_4_conceptart_7Li9d.png) for that matter. Best of both (http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/945/945017/star-ocean-second-evolution--20090114021719397_640w.jpg) worlds. 8D

I take mine back, that's a really good call.

Kaziel
Feb 22, 2011, 11:54 AM
I take mine back, that's a really good call.

*high-fives*

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 22, 2011, 12:10 PM
.hack:// Collab Mission Part 2

When you reach the last Sector in 'Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground' you will face off against Skeith. He's a 'Boss' Boss who can teleport and attack like a normal creature. The only things setting off that he's not a 'normal' boss is that he can 'Data Drain' you, that is, get his cane to float upon one of you and fire a 'Binary Laser' that 'Rewrites your code' temporarily. The things that it can do to you are as follows:

- Reduce you and/or your Class Level to Level 1, making certain weapons useless and/or leaving you weak.
- Place a Status Ailment regardless of any Status Resist abilities equipped.
- Reduce your HP to 1 for a short amount of time.
- Kill you instantly regardless of any Scape Dolls you own and now require to be revived by an Ally. Only if you are killed by a Data Drain will a Mission Failure not be issued. Although if Kite and Black Rose die while you are dead, you will fail the mission.

Also, when you fight Skeith for the first half, your attacks will give no damage to him whatsoever, since he is a Virus Bug Creature, though seeing the Chain Number rise will indicate that you did not miss.

After you wail Skeith enough, his Virus Bug armor will shatter and he will be in the 'PROTECTION BREAK' status. Cue Kite's 'Mirage Blast', which is just Data Drain in Mirage Blast form. And when it strikes Skeith, he will now be susceptible to damage, but he will become twice as powerful.

After killing Skeith, you see a bright light appear, and Kite and Black Rose tell you that 'Aura is waiting' and that the portal will bring you back. After going through, the Clear Stats sequence comes and after that, you end up in a grassy field in Parum, with Clear Boxes shaped like wooden boxes along with a transporter that takes you back to Clad 6. When you come back, depending on your mission grade, you will find that you have achieved a new Partner Card(s). Also if you get S-Rank, you will be contacted by Aura, thanking you for helping you and Kite and Black Rose. She also states that she doesn't mean to thank just your character, but "The outward force that compels your actions, [insert character name here]."

The rewards for the missions can go as follows. Your Rank depends on the monsters you have killed:
Clear Boxes:
Kite's Twin Blade Replica (Twin Daggers)
Black Rose Sword Replica (Sword)
Skeith Cane Replica (Fixed on :neutral: and has Drain LV5)
Piros Axe Replica (Axe)
Elk Cane Replica (Rod)
Mistral Cane Replica (Rod)
Book of 1000 (R-Mag)
Staccatto (New Photon Art - Twin Daggers)
Death Bringer (New Photon Art - Sword)
Triple Wield (New Photon Art - Axe)
Crack Beat (New Photon Art - Saber)
Repulse Cage (New Photon Art - Spear) (Yes, I think I've gone so into this collab that I thought up new Photon Arts...)
Data Drain (Human/Newman Mirage Blast that causes severe damage + Status Effects to Enemies, Party Members, or the Mission, like it can cause your party to all be frozen, or it can even multiply or reduce Drop Rates for about 30 seconds. Anything could happen, just like if you Data Drain'd in the first four games.)

You will get a new Partner Card(s) depending on your mission rank.
S - Kite & Black Rose's Partner Cards
A - Kite's Partner Card
B - Black Rose's Partner Card
C - Piros' Partner Card

And there's my ideas for a hack:// Collab Mission that'd probably go with the .hack:// story line from the first four games.

LarienTiwele
Feb 22, 2011, 08:15 PM
For Sega-themed Collabs, theres one big one I can think of that no one's mentioned that I saw...

Shining Force.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 22, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see Sega make use of their rich RPG history and give us more outfits and weapons from their own games. The original Phantasy Stars, Shining Force, Skies of Arcardia, Panzer Dragoon, etc, there's so much they could use but choose not to.

LarienTiwele, allow me to present exhibit A... ^_^

To be honest, Sega is including them, just not the ones I'd really want to see. No diehard Shining Force fan would ever consider Shining Hearts and Shining Force Cross as true successors to the series. It pretty much died when Camelot moved on.

Alucard V
Feb 23, 2011, 08:07 AM
I see, no love for the scarf waring ninja.:cry:

Tyreek
Feb 23, 2011, 08:15 AM
No love indeed. Shinobi has faded into obscurity... *sadface* We need homages to the Sega games of old, not just Sonic. Though Gemaga Tower was a nice homage to Streets of Rage.

Alucard V
Feb 23, 2011, 09:37 AM
Thank the Holy Light, somone who gets it.:)

HUcastRyu
Feb 23, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'd just love to see any type of collaberation with the first 4 Phantasy Star games. Any type of costume or mission would suffice. I would also love to see Gundam and .hack(any version would do) collaberations. Will probably think of something else later.

Kaziel
Feb 23, 2011, 10:23 AM
I'd just love to see any type of collaberation with the first 4 Phantasy Star games.

Yeah, that's interesting that they haven't had any reference to the PS series, unless I overlooked it. I played 'em, but never got too hardcore into them.

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
No love indeed. Shinobi has faded into obscurity... *sadface* We need homages to the Sega games of old, not just Sonic. Though Gemaga Tower was a nice homage to Streets of Rage.

That's true, I always wanted at least the Shinobi music to be in the game, if not any of the outfits/weapons...

Linka
Feb 23, 2011, 02:28 PM
HUcastRyu, i agree with the gundam idea. we're getting Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, after all. why not Gundam? then again, only one possibly available would be Unicorn. and i'd rather have 00, Wing, or G Gundam. G would be best cause then female casts would get Nobel Gundam parts, and maybe her whip too. also, Bogga Zubba = Shining Finger, anyone? XD. maybe with Sacred Dusters.

Lucky 777
Feb 23, 2011, 02:41 PM
For a Sega collab, How about a VF collab? I want the outfits of Akira, Sarah, Jacky, Pai, Lau, and Goh.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 23, 2011, 03:39 PM
Any type of costume or mission would suffice. I would also love to see Gundam and .hack(any version would do) collaberations. Will probably think of something else later.

How did my first mission idea look? And my ideas for weapons? I've got more mission ideas if anyone wants to hear them btw. I think I went too far with getting the Partner Cards with Kite...^^;

Alucard V
Feb 23, 2011, 03:45 PM
I just had a tought, Sega Character Tech-Mag. It has that whole collect then all thing to it.

Lucky 777
Feb 23, 2011, 05:24 PM
I seriously do want a Virtua Fighter collab though.

Linka
Feb 23, 2011, 05:47 PM
i still say Mobile Fighter G Gundam. people might actually bother with Knuckle weapons and whips more often then. Nobel Gundam and her whip for girls, and Shining or Burning Gundams for guys, and their fists. "SHINING FIIIINGEEEEEEER!"

well, either that or GaoGaiGar. lol. Goldion Hammer. "Hikari Ni NAAAAAREEEEE!" and, no GaoGaiGar fan can forget the other finisher. "HELL! AND! HEAAAAVEEEEEEN!"

...while i'm at it with the anime ideas...hell, just throw megaman battle network in there. Megaman could have a handgun that turns his left hand into the megabuster, saber that turns right hand into a cybersword, widesword, or longsword. Bass with twin handguns that make the hands his busters. Roll gets a crossbow resembling her 'Roll Arrow' bow[wrong hand, i know. but it wouldn't work right for a longbow.]. Protoman gets his shield, and a longsword-style saber. Gutsman gets his fists as Knuckle weapons. Serchman with a rifle shaped like his Scope Gun, that also has the same 'melds with the arm' effect, only just for the right arm. any other ideas for this? i'm running out.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 23, 2011, 07:54 PM
i still say Mobile Fighter G Gundam. people might actually bother with Knuckle weapons and whips more often then. Nobel Gundam and her whip for girls, and Shining or Burning Gundams for guys, and their fists. "SHINING FIIIINGEEEEEEER!"

well, either that or GaoGaiGar. lol. Goldion Hammer. "Hikari Ni NAAAAAREEEEE!" and, no GaoGaiGar fan can forget the other finisher. "HELL! AND! HEAAAAVEEEEEEN!"

What about the
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kZwU3MCsXQ

Crystal_Shard
Feb 23, 2011, 08:13 PM
How did my first mission idea look? And my ideas for weapons? I've got more mission ideas if anyone wants to hear them btw. I think I went too far with getting the Partner Cards with Kite...^^;

Took a good look at the two parter, and just a few quick opinions. The original .hack is pretty old already, and if we're basing this on the rogue AI programs, I'd rather see a .hack/GU variant on this, with AI Kite/Orca/Balmung.

To better integrate into PS canon, you might also want to consider it taking place entirely within a VR mission - unless you really want to break the fourth wall within the PS Universe.

Finally, a Data Drain attack would need to be very carefully balanced for PSPo2's unforgiving battle system. Either you would need to advocate:
Only one data drain per player character
Have a Scape Doll drop everytime in a box just before Skeith
Reduce the ill effects to a character
Have it be merely cosmetic

...or one might end up with a near impossible to clear boss.

Anyway, just some opinions. More missions with interesting concepts are always welcome.

@Linka: A Rockman(Megaman) collab wouldn't be too far out, seeing as one of the collabs are already from who I assume to be one of the artists involved. I'm a little biased though - I loved the Z and ZX series far more than the original, and would love to see most of that Zero's equipment turn up. The Z-Saber and Zero Knuckle are the two that immediately come to mind.

Linka
Feb 23, 2011, 08:36 PM
@Linka: A Rockman(Megaman) collab wouldn't be too far out, seeing as one of the collabs are already from who I assume to be one of the artists involved. I'm a little biased though - I loved the Z and ZX series far more than the original, and would love to see most of that Zero's equipment turn up. The Z-Saber and Zero Knuckle are the two that immediately come to mind.

eh. maybe. i mean, Zero, or Model Z might be easy. just give em a saber at least. Model X or ZX, alittle harder, as with X the buster's on the right arm, and with ZX the buster is also the saber. H/HX? twin sabers, with Cross Hurricane. duh. F/FX, twin handguns. L/LX?...spear, i guess. P/PX?...euh...not so easy. not really gonna work quite right. OX?...well that is just as easy/hard as ZX, minus the OIS moves. try and add the moves available in OIS mode, and its virtually impossible. so, while most of those would be easy, OX and P/PX are a problem. that's why i suggested battle network/NT Warrior. cause it's alittle easier then, and there's more possibilities for outfits and weapons.

although if Starforce was used, then it might be alittle harder, but be more flexible with race, as megaman, harp note, burai/rogue, etc...are humans merged with EM aliens. so even humans, newmans, and beasts could pull it off.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 23, 2011, 08:57 PM
We'd need an invisible shield item so that Zero/Model Z isn't too vulnerable.

Model ZX... I forget which arm either is supposed to be on, but saber/handgun will work in any case. Phantom/Model Px would only need a shuriken-esque slicer to work. I'm not talking movesets here, because that would need additions to the PA list, which would be one way to get it to work. (Multiple PAs for sabers, then all you'd need is a full palette of the same weapons to swap only PAs)

If we're only thinking cosmetic, and not adding the exact movesets, I don't see why either series can't be added via DLC someday. ^_^

Linka
Feb 23, 2011, 09:15 PM
honestly, either way, i'd be using BN/NT Warrior stuff over Zero or ZX stuff. more of a BN/SF fan, anyway.

TheAstarion
Feb 25, 2011, 09:59 PM
Sonic characters as partner characters. They had a full range of animations in PSO, so why not here? On that note, different Chao mags would be pretty cool, for instance the angel and devil chao, the chaos chao, and maybe even character ones like the Tails chao and robochao. They'd make pretty good tech mags IMO.

Infinite Space had some cool designs, being a space game published by Sega it wouldn't look out of place. Outfits mainly, possibly room decs or even RCSMs of the more prominent ships like the Corsair and the Picaroon.

Crazy Taxi room decorations (the taxi, a goal area, room style like a city, etc)

These are all Sega-owned, so it should be easy. Not that it's going to happen though, but hey.

Other than that, Disgaea items! Etna's suit and spear would be cool, as would Flonne's suit and bow/staff, and Laharl's bunny antenna hairstyle and scarf for guys. Other than that, generic character costumes could work, like Prinny suits, Nekomata (cargirl) and succubus costumes, and such. The Disgaea universe is so diverse that nothing is out of place in it, and so it should be easy to find suitable exports.

Lastly, Rozen Maiden dresses and weapons. Watering can grenade launcher, gardening shears longsword, violin wand... yeah it's stupid but most collab items are batshit already.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 25, 2011, 11:10 PM
Other than that, Disgaea items! Etna's suit and spear would be cool, as would Flonne's suit and bow/staff, and Laharl's bunny antenna hairstyle and scarf for guys. Other than that, generic character costumes could work, like Prinny suits, Nekomata (cargirl) and succubus costumes, and such. The Disgaea universe is so diverse that nothing is out of place in it, and so it should be easy to find suitable exports.

I would so enjoy having those items. X3 Specially the Prinny and Nekomata costumes. It'd be funny if the Prinny suit could automatically add 'Dood' to whatever you say online if there's room. XD

Linka
Feb 26, 2011, 12:34 AM
...i said this in another topic for clothes, but...now i think Code Lyoko for a general collab. please tell me i'm not the only Code Lyoko fan here. if they did that, i'd either make Aelita or Ulrich. not sure which. maybe i'd make Aelita, then steal Ulrich's sword/s from him, and give one/both to Aelita? XD. not like he'd do anything, since she's technically the most important member of the team.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Feb 26, 2011, 12:38 AM
...i said this in another topic for clothes, but...now i think Code Lyoko for a general collab. please tell me i'm not the only Code Lyoko fan here. if they did that, i'd either make Aelita or Ulrich. not sure which. maybe i'd make Aelita, then steal Ulrich's sword/s from him, and give one/both to Aelita? XD. not like he'd do anything, since she's technically the most important member of the team.

Hmmm, I can see that. How about Odd's armor and his projectile shooting gloves as handguns?

Linka
Feb 26, 2011, 12:56 AM
that'd easily work. hey. how about this. if they do go through with it..you make Odd, i'll make either Ulrich or Aelita, and 3 others can make Yumi, William, and whoever of the two i wanna make that i dont make? and yes, i'm including William in the idea. he's a team member, even if XANA did take possession of him.

....>.>...*suddenly tempted to also suggest adding his own custom alternate Lyoko Warrior team, but knows it'd be stupid. also realizes he can make one member of the team's Lyoko form in PSPo2, if he can just get the Firearm rifle. can NOT say the same about the other 3 members that fight in the Lyoko they fight in.*

Seth Astra
Feb 26, 2011, 01:07 AM
That'd be cool. Havn't seen the dang show in years, though. Wish I could find it. It was win.

Linka
Feb 26, 2011, 01:36 AM
my aunt downloaded all the eps and burned em to dvd for me. also, for those that paid attention to my last post in this thread...yeah, i'm designing my own alternate team of Lyoko Warriors, complete with alternate lyoko, and new enemy. new monsters as well. if any of ya wanna hear about the alt team's characters as they are so far, drop a visitor message my way.

Gintoki-kun
Feb 28, 2011, 07:59 PM
I feel like saying this again but a good collab for the game is Fairy Tail because you can have Natsu Fire Dragon Knuckles(Telltale Heart Counterpart) Gray Ice Make Slicer/Twin Handgun version Lucy Spirit Keys as Wands and Erza Weapon Change equipment,like a Shizuru Rengoku/Hyori variety but matching shield-weaves for double the power and last the epic clothes they wear,espically Erza Armor Equip *_*

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 08:17 PM
Collaboration weapons can't be too strong, though, and often aren't above B-Rank. A matching Shield Line probably won't appear, as it isn't really visual and doesn't advertise the franchise as much.

-Wayu

Alucard V
Mar 9, 2011, 08:24 PM
I've been on a sci-fi kick as of late that mix with a Cast-Supremacist and a random thought comes to mind. Why not somthing from Tenchi Muyo like some bit of Juraian technology like the Master Key.

I'd also like to see some Casts on a Juraian Starship. The look on there faces when told the ship grown from a tree.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Mar 11, 2011, 08:35 PM
I'd also like to see some Casts on a Juraian Starship. The look on there faces when told the ship grown from a tree.

I strangely gain the idea of Toph Beifong from Avatar: TLA VS a Cast. The poor Cast will be horribly disfigured, tsk tsk tsk. Makes me wonder if Toph will be a Cast's worst nightmare after seeing her metal bend.

Angelic Fae
Mar 12, 2011, 08:13 AM
Blazblue! If we could get a Nu or a Ragna outfit id be happier than...well...Nu when she finds Ragna I guess...no? nobody?

...I'm so alone :sad:

Lucky 777
Mar 13, 2011, 11:00 PM
Blazblue! If we could get a Nu or a Ragna outfit id be happier than...well...Nu when she finds Ragna I guess...no? nobody?

...I'm so alone :sad:

You are not alone I want a Platinum the Trinity costume or a Rachel one.

I'd like some fighting game collabs anyhow, I still want a Gi :(

But besides that I want a Virtual On Collab, I love me some Fei-Yen. :)

Crystal_Shard
Mar 14, 2011, 02:24 AM
@Lucky 777: If they don't restrict it to cast only parts, I fully agree with that. I could do with an Angelan outfit myself. ^_^

Speaking of a martial arts outfit, ever tried pairing the top half of the male swimsuit with something like the Kusatarika Pants? I think you might like the results.

On the topic of BlazeBlue, if they could get Arc System Works to agree to it, why stop at only that? Guilty Gear has some good outfit too. Imagine having a paper bag on your head as your hairstyle.

Lucky 777
Mar 14, 2011, 02:53 AM
@Lucky 777: If they don't restrict it to cast only parts, I fully agree with that. I could do with an Angelan outfit myself. ^_^

Speaking of a martial arts outfit, ever tried pairing the top half of the male swimsuit with something like the Kusatarika Pants? I think you might like the results.

On the topic of BlazeBlue, if they could get Arc System Works to agree to it, why stop at only that? Guilty Gear has some good outfit too. Imagine having a paper bag on your head as your hairstyle.

It works but it's got that old kung-fu movie feel that I wasn't after. Also now speaking of Guilty Gear I want a Bridget costume for laughs. It would be funny on my male newman.

Crysteon
Mar 14, 2011, 02:54 AM

...Or....Arakune's mask!! Okay, nvm...lol.

Gintoki-kun
Mar 16, 2011, 10:18 AM
...Or....Arakune's mask!! Okay, nvm...lol.

Yes Arkune mask please! Lol.