PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Any way to turn off auto aim?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 21, 2011, 07:15 PM
It has caused me no end of grief when my ranger builds chain, charges up and suddenly jerks to the side to shoot halfway towards a completely different enemy causing me to miss both (and lose my chain).

RAmarl Star
Feb 21, 2011, 07:36 PM
I think there is a setting in the options menu to turn it off.

Wayu
Feb 21, 2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think you can turn it off.

-Wayu

Temprus
Feb 21, 2011, 09:39 PM
Ummm... let go of the lock-on button? :-?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
Ummm... let go of the lock-on button? :-?

Who said anything about lock-on? Speaking of which though, if I could lock on from rifle range and not always be locked in strafe that would be great and solve my problems. Although just being able to turn off auto aim (not lock on thats different) would be nice...

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 10:19 PM
not really gonna help, actually. recently noticed as i go through with my new RAcaseal-type character named Kari that even when the lock-on button's not held down, there's still a degree of lock-on and stuff to be found. so...yeah.

EDIT:barely mistimed post is barely mistimed. x.x

TheToyDolls
Feb 22, 2011, 01:10 AM
Auto Aim can be pretty annoying as a Ranger. I guess all you can do is just press forward the direction you're shooting with the analog stick and hope your character doesn't target something else and miss. This can be tricky with Twin Handguns sometimes if you aren't locked on, and the slightest movement of the analog stick will swing your character around when you use Charge Shot and you'll miss completely.

One thing that I think you should do is have your Lock-on button switched to hold down instead of click once. If you hold it down it will help you maintain your direction and movement slightly better, at least in my experience.