PDA

View Full Version : !!! SPREAD THE WORD !!!

Jaco909
Feb 23, 2011, 09:39 PM
!!! ATTENTION !!!
Because of the rebelion in Libya, the (Libyan) government has blocked social networking sites like twitter and facebook. :-(

However, the site http://roosterteeth.com/home.php was not blocked, and a user named madmanmoe, a person living in Tripoli, Libya, is able to post about the revolution. :-)

Give him some support!!! ;-)

Here is his user page:
http://www.roosterteeth.com/madmanmoe

Sinue_v2
Feb 23, 2011, 10:29 PM
Tell you what, I'm not going to sign up to a forum I am not already a member of just to give a few conciliatory words of encouragement in passing. However, what I will do is not bitch about what the uprisings in the middle east have done to gas prices, and I will encourage all that I meet to bear the burden with good will and hope that the revolutions now breaking out will end in the liberation and freedom of their people.

Thomas Paine once said that "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it... and that He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.

I agree with that sentiment, and I wish the best for the Egyptian, Libyan, Tunisian, Iranian, and other revolutionary movements going on right now. I think that the principles we collectively stand for should not be sabotaged unto hypocracy by the fear of the unknown potential of what this may mean for our SUV's and a general mistrust of the ability of Muslim people to make decisions for themselves. Besides, if we must get our panties in a knot over gasoline prices, let it be because we're being screwed by the record-profit generating oil conglomerates and pure economic opportunism, and not take it out on those who are fighting for their freedom and future happiness.

(Edit: Noticed his XBL gamer tag is listed on his user profile, so I may shoot off a message of support over XBL later.)