PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Hurry up SoA!

ChaosAngel92
Feb 24, 2011, 04:35 PM
The god damn wait is killing me...........
Has it been confirmed to be located in the US already?

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 24, 2011, 04:46 PM
Nope, nothing yet. No point in wasting time time wait; go play/do something else in the meantime. It can be the best way to pass the time.

Have you finished all there is to finish in PSP2?

raijz
Feb 24, 2011, 05:19 PM
It's going to be about 8 months until US demo or retail release.

Pavichokche
Feb 24, 2011, 05:33 PM
It's going to be about 8 months until US demo or retail release.

Don't say that ><
Don't kill the one thing we have! (hope)

TheToyDolls
Feb 24, 2011, 05:35 PM
Well 8 months would be better than... no English release at all T_T

raijz
Feb 24, 2011, 05:37 PM
On the bright side, at least you can reach lvl200 on several characters by then.

BIG OLAF
Don't hold your breath, everyone. Put Infinity out of your mind for at least another 8 months.

Kaziel
Don't say that ><
Don't kill the one thing we have! (hope)

Well that might be all you have, but we have the Japanese import.

jk. :P

kinda

On another note though, expect at least 6 months for a US release. O_o

kazuuya
Feb 24, 2011, 05:43 PM
8 Months sounds much, but it's better than nothing. TAT
I think I spend the time with PSP2 and PSU (Wanted to play with my best friend on the Japanese Server.) oh and maybe some Pokemon too. It's great for killing time. LOL.
I just beg we get a US/EU release. ;____;

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 24, 2011, 05:43 PM
actually ...i grief that i donīt have the money to buy the japanese game....so no dlc gifts for me =(...

ChaosAngel92
Feb 24, 2011, 09:31 PM
Well 8 months would be better than... no English release at all T_T

Funny.
Both expeculations of an US/EU release on this topic are below 12 months, when everyone on the "Jp Inifnty Copy Poll" seems pretty sure its around 12.

*sigh* I want to play this game.

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 24, 2011, 09:39 PM
2012...after the earth reconfiguration, the apocalyptic waves, continents going down to the abyss...maybe SOA members will be alive to consider to release this game....o wait...there is no more SOA or America....

raijz
Feb 24, 2011, 09:43 PM
Funny.
Both expeculations of an US/EU release on this topic are below 12 months, when everyone on the "Jp Inifnty Copy Poll" seems pretty sure its around 12.

*sigh* I want to play this game.

It's an expansion, so in theory it should come out sooner then pspo2 did after pspo1. If it takes 12 months, I'll be baffled at what they were doing all that time.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 24, 2011, 10:04 PM
Well, its not just the Episode 2 portion of Infinity that will need translating. There's also weapons and/or events that may show up later in JP DLC missions. Like most of the items in the DLC MAX trade missions, which wasn't intently available outside of JP, were added later into the US game. So once all these JP DLC missions come out, the weapons and items from those missions will be integrated into the US game, just like in PSP2.

So yes, 8-12 months.

Mike
Feb 24, 2011, 10:21 PM
The missions that now are in the data (on the disk) that weren't before will need to be translated but the items were jammed in to the drop tables so there's no need to retranslate those. I wouldn't expect any missions/events, not counting infinity missions, that show up later on as dlc to be in the US version though. There are now two previous examples of that happening and I would bet it happens a third time.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 24, 2011, 10:30 PM
Maybe after the incident where US/EU could get the JP DLCs they'll consider it this time?

Crysteon
Feb 24, 2011, 10:34 PM
Maybe after the incident where US/EU could get the JP DLCs they'll consider it this time?

It's not that I want to be pesimistic but.......it's SoA......they never consider good choices, lol.

GUARDIANDNL
Feb 24, 2011, 10:36 PM
after psp2 us version i finally put SOA on my 10 top black list...actually now the only english game i have on my psp is monster hunter freedom unite. even final fantasy tactics japan version for psone have an extra side quests

pso_crash
Feb 25, 2011, 03:54 AM
after psp2 us version i finally put SOA on my 10 top black list...actually now the only english game i have on my psp is monster hunter freedom unite. even final fantasy tactics japan version for psone have an extra side quests

I understand where you are coming from, but is SOA really to blame for the final US product? How much control do they really have over what goes into our version of PS?

On topic: The sooner it's announced the better. I would rather wait 4 or 5 months knowing it's coming than to not know at all. Either way it's still going to take me awhile to find 100. I can't believe I'm only at 145 now. I feel like I play all the time.

Alucard V
Feb 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
2012...after the earth reconfiguration, the apocalyptic waves, continents going down to the abyss...maybe SOA members will be alive to consider to release this game....o wait...there is no more SOA or America....

Don't be silly, they'll ship it to the first space colony we bulid to escape the apocalyptic waves. I hope.......

RenzokukenZ
Feb 25, 2011, 08:15 AM
Don't be silly, they'll ship it to the first space colony we bulid to escape the apocalyptic waves. I hope.......

They'll leave it behind by accident.

SoA CEO: Phew! We escaped the apocalypse! Time to celebrate by releasing PSP2i to the states! Watson, prepare the sales!
Watson: Um, sir? We don't have PSP2i. We left it back in HQ.
SoA CEO: ...FUUUUUUUUUUU-

And that is all that was heard throughout the endless space...

funkyskunk
Feb 25, 2011, 08:55 AM
On the one hand people want an English version ASAP. On the other hand people are moaning about the amount of content that gets left out of western releases.

Does anyone else see the obvious problem here?

It wasn't too long ago that we had to wait around 12 months for ALL western game releases. I grew up living in import shops and waiting for the English version of games to be announced so it does not bother me in the slightest.

Think about it this way, if an English release is never announced, someone will do a fan translation anyway. This game is too big not to be in english in some form or another. You may have to wait about half a decade for that to happen though. :-?

Alucard V
Feb 25, 2011, 10:09 AM
They'll leave it behind by accident.

SoA CEO: Phew! We escaped the apocalypse! Time to celebrate by releasing PSP2i to the states! Watson, prepare the sales!
Watson: Um, sir? We don't have PSP2i. We left it back in HQ.
SoA CEO: ...FUUUUUUUUUUU-

And that is all that was heard throughout the endless space...

Or stolen so pointy eared psychic spellcasting aliens.......:argh:

Gintoki-kun
Feb 28, 2011, 09:01 PM
On the one hand people want an English version ASAP. On the other hand people are moaning about the amount of content that gets left out of western releases.

Does anyone else see the obvious problem here?

It wasn't too long ago that we had to wait around 12 months for ALL western game releases. I grew up living in import shops and waiting for the English version of games to be announced so it does not bother me in the slightest.

Think about it this way, if an English release is never announced, someone will do a fan translation anyway. This game is too big not to be in english in some form or another. You may have to wait about half a decade for that to happen though. :-?

This is true,they're games like MH3 that been english patched and people are now playing it using that version,it will be easy then to easily translate the game language and the weapons,etc. Don't depend on SoA so much too,my guess is that the game will release either by the end of Summer or November.

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 09:26 PM
The deal:

SoA will get Infinity sooner or later. Be patient.

-Wayu

Neo Flint
Feb 28, 2011, 09:32 PM
The deal:

-Wayu

I second this.

Personally, 7+ months of wait is nothing to me. ^^

FOkyasuta
Feb 28, 2011, 09:33 PM
The deal:

-Wayu

Pepole be lacking that though.

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 09:48 PM
Patience doesn't exist on the internetz.

-Wayu

Linka
Feb 28, 2011, 10:00 PM
...eh. i got four characters to work on till then. currently doing work on Sabata, my Boktai-based character. and no, i didn't transgender him like i did to Linka. sabata's only cool cause he's a guy. if he was a girl, all i'd think was 'creepy emo goth lolita chick needs to die'. sad but true.

on the hilarious side...in order to accurately make Sabata...i gave him a purple Akahara Reiosu outfit, with purple shizuru hair and goggles. now he strangely looks like a hybrid of Edward Elric and Shizuru Shu. is this bad? XD

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 10:07 PM
Short and gender confused?

I say yes, baaa~~d idea.

-Wayu

Anon_Fire
Feb 28, 2011, 10:11 PM
It's too soon for a US release announcement

Linka
Feb 28, 2011, 10:16 PM
XD. sorry, Sabata!

well, either way, the look has to stay since nothing else is even close to being accurate. x.x

and i sure as hell am not gonna attempt to make Django.

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm surprised that no one's made a Master Chief yet.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Feb 28, 2011, 11:19 PM
^

Not that many good Cast heads in PSP2. However, someone posted the new heads in Infinity and there are a few Halo-esque heads. I'll sure be using them along with Curtz' original replica. Or stick with the Ranger parts that I already use.

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 11:26 PM
I leave it to you to make either a NOBLE-6 or a Master Chief, then.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Feb 28, 2011, 11:45 PM
Yes, ma'am!

And it kinda sucks that we can't make a black cast via skintone (not part color)

Meaning no Sgt. Johnson for us :-(

d19xx
Mar 1, 2011, 01:30 AM
8, 12 months is nothing to me. I got my hands full with PSPo2 and I'm backlogged with games and there's still God Eater, Duodecim, etc on the way... I love my psp...

Broken_L_button
Mar 1, 2011, 01:45 AM
I've already got my hands full with Guilty Gear, Knights in the Nightmare, Yggdra Union and that other game I'm planning on playing 40. MILLION. TIMES. I SHOULD be able to wait a couple of mon--*Goes into fetal position and mumbles incoherently*

"infinityinfinityinfinityinfinity..."

Linka
Mar 1, 2011, 01:48 AM
...*injects BLB with the Sean Connery gene, making BLB have to act like a pompous prick obsessed with people's mothers, doing foreign ladies, and killing and/or humiliating Alex Trebek*

zombiemoshpit84
Mar 1, 2011, 02:13 AM
...eh. i got four characters to work on till then. currently doing work on Sabata, my Boktai-based character. and no, i didn't transgender him like i did to Linka. sabata's only cool cause he's a guy. if he was a girl, all i'd think was 'creepy emo goth lolita chick needs to die'. sad but true.

on the hilarious side...in order to accurately make Sabata...i gave him a purple Akahara Reiosu outfit, with purple shizuru hair and goggles. now he strangely looks like a hybrid of Edward Elric and Shizuru Shu. is this bad? XD

i like Edward but maybe loose the Shizuru hair. looking anything like Shizuru should be considered a cry for help. yep, you guessed it. i dont like him. i know Wayu is with me on that one lol. more on topic. i dont care if i have to wait a year or two for infinity. i need all 3 of my chars to be 200 before i rebirth them anyway. i have no idea mow much time it will take to max my mains evade, PP and HP by rebirthing. what lvs do i rebirth at? how many rebirths? should i start doing the math or wait for a guide? i saw the charts and its making me crazy. best not to think about it untill we get a release date .lol

Linka
Mar 1, 2011, 02:20 AM
...yeah, about changing the hair...nothing else looks as accurate to Sabata's hair as far as i can tell. i can't change it. i went over all the possibilities in PSPo2. all of them. and nothing worked better.

zombiemoshpit84
Mar 1, 2011, 02:33 AM
...yeah, about changing the hair...nothing else looks as accurate to Sabata's hair as far as i can tell. i can't change it. i went over all the possibilities in PSPo2. all of them. and nothing worked better.

i guess just pretend there is no such thing as a shuzuru lol i know what a pain it is to get a chars image just right...

Gintoki-kun
Mar 1, 2011, 04:47 PM

-Wayu
I wish I could take pictures of my version of Master Chief but silly PSP doesn't have RemoteJoy ._. i'll try to take it in Infinity later on when the stupid delivery guy appears in front of my job.

ShinMaruku
Mar 2, 2011, 01:45 AM
It's an expansion, so in theory it should come out sooner then pspo2 did after pspo1. If it takes 12 months, I'll be baffled at what they were doing all that time.
Well if it does take 12 months we know SoA smokes crack. XD

LarienTiwele
Mar 2, 2011, 03:24 AM
If it takes 12 months, Sega had better be:

Addingf in the Voices we were gimped out upon in initial release. I don't even care if they keep the JP voices with english text (In an inverse to KH Final mix style's ENG VA JP text) as i have seen some games that do that, and worked well, but I want the voices since it just doesn't sound right without them in my opinion.

They had also best be giving us localized versions of the JP DLC we need to use for PSP2 vanilla, along with any missed items, costumes, etc from JP PSP2 release (And PSP2i).

pso_crash
Mar 2, 2011, 03:46 AM
I don't know. Capcom Probably isn't bringing MHP3 overseas this gen. Do you think SEGA might try the same thing and give us a 3DS, or NPG, version instead?

Jorry
Mar 2, 2011, 09:29 AM

-Wayu

lol, I thought you said master chef at first!^^;

vagabondkitten
Mar 2, 2011, 11:45 AM
I don't know. Capcom Probably isn't bringing MHP3 overseas this gen. Do you think SEGA might try the same thing and give us a 3DS, or NPG, version instead?

I really, really hope not. I will honestly fall into a spiraling depression and become dead to the world. I NEED Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity!!!!!! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but seriously, I better get this game! This is my favorite game series of all time, without a doubt, and I'll be really sad if I have to start resorting to getting the Japanese version, because I really like to be able to read my games. But I will if I have to!

Zarode
Mar 2, 2011, 12:04 PM
I really don't see SoA localizing this. PSPo2 didn't sell that well in the West. Just because a lot of us have the game, doesn't mean it sold well.

Bitzen
Mar 2, 2011, 04:20 PM
I'm not too worried about the wait. 3rd Birthday/Dissidia 012/Pokemon Black and White are all coming out this month, not to mention Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is holding my attention. Basically all I'm waiting for is the announcement it's even gonna come.

Gintoki-kun
Mar 2, 2011, 10:35 PM
Well if it does take 12 months we know SoA smokes crack. XD

Lol,that's a good one. XD (Could be true though,just saying >_>)

ChaosAngel92
Mar 3, 2011, 02:01 AM
Hmm, why many people starts doubting we will get Infinity?

blace
Mar 3, 2011, 02:35 AM
I'm doubting we will be seeing it sooner than 8 months at minimum. I'm not doubting that it won't make it's appearance in the west. There's more than enough people out here that want this game to translated, but just that Sega's track record isn't exactly consistent.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 3, 2011, 05:57 AM
Everyone's saying around 8-12 months, and this is true, since not only are they translating they'll also be waiting til JP gets everything and infuse most (never all) of that content into the Western port.

Until then, I have a few games new and old on my list that will keep me occupied (Dissidia 012 and Borderlands) Plus there's still plenty to do in PSP2, and even in the PSP2i demo! Before you know it, PSP2i will hit shores.

blace
Mar 3, 2011, 09:36 PM
Until then, I have a few games new and old on my list that will keep me occupied (Dissidia 012 and Borderlands) Plus there's still plenty to do in PSP2, and even in the PSP2i demo! Before you know it, PSP2i will hit shores.

I completely forgot about Dissidia 012, there's also 3rd Birthday to look forward to as well.

Borderlands is a pretty straightforward game, assuming you're doing just the main story based missions. If you're having a hard time against Badasses now, just wait till playthrough 2 with Badmutha's. If that wasn't bad enough, beat the game on the second playthrough and kill some Superbads.

The demo offers quite a bit, I'm still kinda finding ways to unlock more Infinity missions, but since my character is perma-locked at 117, I can't use anything above 120 and my stats aren't that bad, but the random laser-to-face treatment just cuts my mission times short.

ShinMaruku
Mar 3, 2011, 11:28 PM
I really don't see SoA localizing this. PSPo2 didn't sell that well in the West. Just because a lot of us have the game, doesn't mean it sold well.
You see they make enough in Japan and to the West is just bonus money. Like Atlus Sega sets out their distribution model makes all their games international

ChaosAngel92
Mar 4, 2011, 12:02 AM
Here is what is the theory I have been supporting time ago.
Call it wiishful thinking if you wish, but I like to keep focused in my own little world, like politicians do.

Suppose that PSO2 wants to be international, and suppose that PSO2 plot involves Infinity at some point. Then it would be logical that we get infinity at some point.

Unfortunately, logic doesn't go with the real world, and less with SoA that is.

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2011, 02:00 AM
After hearing about all the amazing stuff that's in Infinity from a friend over the past couple of days...

...US/EU can has now, please? Like, soon? Maybe? At least a release date? Release month? Something?

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 02:04 AM
They DO have something.

A release theory.

Derp.

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2011, 02:16 AM
They DO have something.

A release theory.

Derp.

-Wayu

OCOOL.

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 02:29 AM
I kno rait?

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Mar 6, 2011, 02:36 AM
That's a year too early, Shak.

Shakuri
Mar 6, 2011, 02:37 AM
Any later and even I may consider it a bit cruel.

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 02:38 AM
DS will time the release of the full game perfectly when the world ends in 2012.

Whenever the hell that is.

-Wayu

Broken_L_button
Mar 6, 2011, 02:39 AM
Shakuri is rather optimistic. I expected october 2011 for the demo and "LOL, DISCONTINUED!" for the full game.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 6, 2011, 02:39 AM
Dec 2012.

Hence, one year too early.

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 02:40 AM
Tl;dr...

Dragon Sakai is a douche. He makes good games but still.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Mar 6, 2011, 02:41 AM
SoJ in general, lass.

Shakuri
Mar 6, 2011, 02:56 AM
Never thought that I would be called optimistic.

SoA has depressed its fans!

Milla
Mar 6, 2011, 05:27 AM
Hey at least theres a pretty good chance it will still have a western release, i mean Sega normally localise Phantasy star games right? and the series isn't really known for its big sales.

You guys try being a Tales fan now thats depressing! *Goes to the dark corner of the room and curls up into a ball*

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 05:29 AM
Try being an anime fan.

English dubs.

*shudders*

Good thing I'm native Japanese. :D

-Wayu

Linka
Mar 6, 2011, 05:34 AM
...dubs. yeah, uhm...i haven't really had any real probs with most dubs i've watched. pokemon, digimon, naruto, beyblade, gundam, etc. no issues with any of em. except the original Naruto. shippuuden's fine so far. but...ugh. damn the classic version. 'believe it'? just...just kill Naruto if he says it again. ever.

Milla
Mar 6, 2011, 05:34 AM
Try being an anime fan.

English dubs.

*shudders*

Good thing I'm native Japanese. :D

-Wayu

Lucky! well at least i have subs!

But i will defend the English dub of Code Geass and Fullmetal alchemist to tha grave!

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 05:36 AM
I live in China, actually. I try to watch the raws, but oftentimes I can't beat the subs to the punch.

The subs get in the way, methinks.

Anyways, back on topic. SoA won't hurry up. Sadface.

-Wayu

Linka
Mar 6, 2011, 05:38 AM
oh yeah. FMA. forgot that abit. well, i'll defend the Brotherhood version. according to what i heard, the original was screwed up since it got ahead of the manga it was originally based on, creating a whole other story instead.

besides. Ed has the same voice as Yoshimori from Kekkaishi. hilariously-awesome anime that be. Ed and Yoshimori are practically twins in sheer behavior.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 6, 2011, 05:44 AM
You guys try being a Tales fan now thats depressing! *Goes to the dark corner of the room and curls up into a ball*

This I can understand, what with having played Radiant Mythology and anxiously waiting for 2 to come stateside when out of the blue (when looking for PSP2i info on play-asia) the 3rd one is already out in Japan.

But back on the subject at hand, Infinity will come stateside.

Around the same time PSO2 is released in Japan.

Milla
Mar 6, 2011, 05:45 AM
Come to think of it we never got an English release of the DLC did we?

Not a good sign *Slist wrist*.

blace
Mar 7, 2011, 12:22 AM
Come to think of it we never got an English release of the DLC did we?

Not a good sign *Slist wrist*.

If my experience with any game that's developed outside of the US is that we get squat, or a watered down version of the game. I already gave up on the possibility of seeing DLC for US/EU.

Then again, when they were developing Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus, they amped up and added in some updates that the JP version lacked, e.g. in the US release they moved the camera back so the cape doesn't block the view, let you shoot while jumping, and aerial melee attacks. While at the same time, removed online multiplayer for the US/EU releases.

Probably the worst comparision, since Square-Enix puts enough time to its international releases as well as national, but you get the point.

tl;dr: Some publishers might do something different with the other versions that the JP version might not have, or vice versa.

Bttf1987
Mar 8, 2011, 04:15 PM
Patience is a Virtue we will get it sooner or later so just hang in there.

BIG OLAF
Mar 8, 2011, 04:27 PM
Patience is a Virtue we will get it sooner or later so just hang in there.

Yes, patience is a Virtue, but being spit on as "second-rate" customers while Japanese players whoop it up for a good year before we even see the game, has nothing to do with it.

Bttf1987
Mar 8, 2011, 05:53 PM
Yes, patience is a Virtue, but being spit on as "second-rate" customers while Japanese players whoop it up for a good year before we even see the game, has nothing to do with it.

Got a bit of a point but still im sure it will work out in the end.

RemiusTA
Mar 9, 2011, 09:40 AM
Never thought that I would be called optimistic.

SoA has depressed its fans!

1) SoA doesn't exist anymore

2) SoA doesn't have anything to do with us getting this anyway. Never did. SoJ has been the root of all our PS problems in life becuase they dont care about us.

Notice, 360 PSU is shared with the japanese and they STILL get fucked over. They just dont care.

Mugaaz2
Mar 9, 2011, 10:40 AM
I think their strategy is to wait long enough for all of us to lose interest, then release it, then have it fail, then they can say "we told you so". Mission accomplished.

People need to stop defending them, they are horrible and incompetent and that's the real reason it takes so long. Smaller companies have worldwide release or staggered releases within a month. They just suck and that's the bottom line. No one should defend them, when have they ever done anything commendable?

Zarode
Mar 9, 2011, 10:46 AM
Sounds about right.

Funny that they are kissing the Yakuza fans' asses, and not ours. Let's cater to a game that will sell worse than a PSP game! :wacko:

Akaimizu
Mar 9, 2011, 11:25 AM
Sort of. Yakuza 3 got quite a bit of stuff ripped out for the localized version. However, they did say, to an extent, that Yakuza 4 wont do that.

Shinji Kazuya
Mar 9, 2011, 03:53 PM
If Infinity takes that long to get here, I'll probably just forget it and get ready for PSO2. Assuming PSO2 will be good of course.

Milla
Mar 9, 2011, 04:03 PM
I think their strategy is to wait long enough for all of us to lose interest, then release it, then have it fail, then they can say "we told you so". Mission accomplished.

People need to stop defending them, they are horrible and incompetent and that's the real reason it takes so long. Smaller companies have worldwide release or staggered releases within a month. They just suck and that's the bottom line. No one should defend them, when have they ever done anything commendable?

So being abit optimistic by saying the game is eventually gonna come out is defending Sega now? Riiight.

And Lol at you acting like this is the 1st time a japanese developer doesn't announce a western release date as i said before try being a Tales fans Namco Bandai have constantly refused to acknowledge there western fanbase because of poor sales and have only now announced a localization of Graces F.

There are ALOT of Japanese games that never see the light of day over here KH Final Mixes are another example and i can list loads more if needed. The bottom line is the Japanese companies are gonna tend to there region before anyone else and we do the same look at games like Elder scrolls or Mass effect they don't come out in Japan until months later.

At least Sega has the balls to release most of the Phantasy Star series despite lackluster sales from the west.

Mantiskilla
Mar 9, 2011, 05:42 PM

Haha Olaf always keepin' it light....awesome. Seriously though I can sort of see where they would see us as "second-rate" customers. I mean we are preaching to the choir on this site as we all like, love, etc the Phantasy Star series, but in overall perspective I'm sure the game doesn't do well for their bottom line over here. Business side of things...sure it sucks, but at the end of the day that is the bottom line. Hopefully it does come stateside sooner than later however

RemiusTA
Mar 11, 2011, 06:54 AM
After playing PSU for so long, i really wonder why you guys even allow yourselves to anticipate anything from SEGA/Sonic Team that isn't Sonic the Hedgehog.

When they expect it to sell well, they'll go all out when it comes to making it look good. They'll setup interviews with net journalists, they'll send out advertisements to the game websites, they'll do what they need to.

The fact we never even got an official announcement for PSP2 shows that they really do not care about this game in the west. Someone probably gave them the heads up that advertising over here would be nigh useless.

And they're right. If i was the president of the company, I wouldn't be too eager to see the sales on this game stateside. The whole THEME of the game is like anti-american in terms of popular appeal.

...dubs. yeah, uhm...i haven't really had any real probs with most dubs i've watched. pokemon, digimon, naruto, beyblade, gundam, etc. no issues with any of em. except the original Naruto. shippuuden's fine so far. but...ugh. damn the classic version. 'believe it'? just...just kill Naruto if he says it again. ever.

...really? I was probably too young to care for Pokemon's dubbing, but shows like Naruto are just damn near un-watchable with those pathetic voice actors. These days, if i cant find a subbed dub, im not watching it becuase i cant stand the terrible VOs.

Regardless of how bad they are though, im just damn tired of 4kids. They're bad, everyone knows they're bad, but they just dont care...

RenzokukenZ
Mar 11, 2011, 07:12 AM
The whole THEME of the game is like anti-american in terms of popular appeal.

This, sadly, is true. All Americans want are shooters, and more shooters, and more shooters, and more shooters. Or in American terms, Lots o' purdy gunz!!!

IsaacGravity
Mar 11, 2011, 02:51 PM
This, sadly, is true. All Americans want are shooters, and more shooters, and more shooters, and more shooters. Or in American terms, Lots o' purdy gunz!!!

Yeah...no.

Not all Americans are into those kind of games (mostly of the FPS variety). A large portion of them sure, but I'm sure as hell not one of them. I like verticals and run and guns myself but I'd take an action/adventure game or an RPG over them any day.

If anything, rather than take a cheap jab at a (blind) generalization of American players why not more shake your head at the entire mainstream of what sells as a whole?

Plenty of games I would've loved to play in a language I'm more comfortable with never saw the light of localization for one reason or another. That said, it's not like the posters here are asking for 7th Dragon (which was a great game btw) so I suppose there's a good chance of this game (though most likely watered down heavily) to get thrown in...eventually.

I'm still chipping away at vanilla myself so I'm in no horrible rush.

blace
Mar 11, 2011, 04:06 PM
@Renzo A la Borderlands.

Not all of them are into shooters, but the vast majority are. The larger the number of a certain type the more the less they'll consider other genres.

Reality of it all is, Japan loves RPG's, American's love fighting and shooters, Koreans are hardcore gamers of any type and Chinese are best known for making third-party programs.

Not entirely true, but that's the gist of it.

zombiemoshpit84
Mar 11, 2011, 04:33 PM

whats wrong with shooters? explain why its sad? i love shooters but i also love my RPGs and survival horror games too. also not all americans talk like rednecks "purdy" really?! it sounds to me like you just dont like america very much, witch is understandable just dont judge all americans by the hell that is cod/xbox live. alot of us hate that kid drama rage fest too.

Pavichokche
Mar 11, 2011, 05:02 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I CAN'T TAKE THIS WAIT ANYMORE !!!

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6115421/Its-like-waiting-for-Christmass-Times-a-thousand.jpg

ChaosAngel92
Mar 11, 2011, 07:18 PM

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6115421/Its-like-waiting-for-Christmass-Times-a-thousand.jpg

exactly

Jorry
Mar 11, 2011, 08:23 PM

I'm sure you can wait now that japan has been struck with natural disaster.

Pavichokche
Mar 11, 2011, 08:29 PM
I'm sure you can wait now that japan has been struck with natural disaster.

Yeah, I guess that kinda helps...

RenzokukenZ
Mar 11, 2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah...no.

Not all Americans are into those kind of games (mostly of the FPS variety). A large portion of them sure, but I'm sure as hell not one of them. I like verticals and run and guns myself but I'd take an action/adventure game or an RPG over them any day.

If anything, rather than take a cheap jab at a (blind) generalization of American players why not more shake your head at the entire mainstream of what sells as a whole?

Plenty of games I would've loved to play in a language I'm more comfortable with never saw the light of localization for one reason or another. That said, it's not like the posters here are asking for 7th Dragon (which was a great game btw) so I suppose there's a good chance of this game (though most likely watered down heavily) to get thrown in...eventually.

I'm still chipping away at vanilla myself so I'm in no horrible rush.

whats wrong with shooters? explain why its sad? i love shooters but i also love my RPGs and survival horror games too. also not all americans talk like rednecks "purdy" really?! it sounds to me like you just dont like america very much, witch is understandable just dont judge all americans by the hell that is cod/xbox live. alot of us hate that kid drama rage fest too.

Consider this: Do you think Japanese gaming industries care if its 'All' or 'majority'? That's why most RPGs that do come stateside are either watered down that they are practically a shell of their former selves, or lack advertisement and/or support. Sure, there's a few exceptions like Square Enix, but even then the fanbase is small compared to Japan. And despite all that, the RPG list that make it outside of Japan is rather small.

Long story short, Americans are considered 'pocket change' when it comes to RPGs. At least we'll have our guns to keep us entertained.

Pavichokche
Mar 11, 2011, 09:33 PM
What's so bad about having different tastes in games? Nothing. It's only natural that two countries with such tremendously different cultures would have generally a different demand for games. And it's also obvious that there are [many] exceptions, like all the people in NA who love RPGs and all the 'asian kids' who kick ass on COD.

FOkyasuta
Mar 11, 2011, 09:48 PM
What's so bad about having different tastes in games? Nothing. It's only natural that two countries with such tremendously different cultures would have generally a different demand for games. And it's also obvious that there are [many] exceptions, like all the people in NA who love RPGs and all the 'asian kids' who kick ass on COD.

Good way to put it.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 11, 2011, 10:05 PM

There is nothing bad with that, but again those fanbases are small in those countries that most publishers don't take it seriously.

FOkyasuta
Mar 11, 2011, 10:11 PM
There is nothing bad with that, but again those fanbases are small in those countries that most publishers don't take it seriously.

Hence why PS isnt as big as it used to be.

IsaacGravity
Mar 11, 2011, 10:46 PM
Consider this: Do you think Japanese gaming industries care if its 'All' or 'majority'? That's why most RPGs that do come stateside are either watered down that they are practically a shell of their former selves, or lack advertisement and/or support. Sure, there's a few exceptions like Square Enix, but even then the fanbase is small compared to Japan. And despite all that, the RPG list that make it outside of Japan is rather small.

I'm wondering if the context of that post is even aimed at me but either way...

To answer your food for thought: I don't really care what the Japanese gaming industries (and to a lesser form, the the fanbase on either spectrum) think period. I'm aware of the here and there on the situations but not horribly bothered by it. Esp. when it comes to RPGs. They have their way and reasons yet I have my own set of options, we all do.

Kinda funny you mentioned SE since the supporters on that side would roar otherwise by statement for reasons of here and there...

Wayu
Mar 12, 2011, 12:29 AM
It's cultural clash.

-Wayu

Pavichokche
Mar 12, 2011, 12:41 AM
It's cultural clash.

-Wayu

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6101010/race-war-race-war-everyone-.jpg

No but really, that's what it all boils down to. Still, it doesn't mean that the few people who are awaiting the game (the exceptions) can't bit*h and complain about it xD

Jorry
Mar 12, 2011, 12:43 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6101010/race-war-race-war-everyone-.jpg

No but really, that's what it all boils down to. Still, it doesn't mean that the few people who are awaiting the game (the exceptions) can't bit*h and complain about it xD

Wow, another American stereotype...

RenzokukenZ
Mar 12, 2011, 12:51 AM
Can't get enough of that, and neither can everyone else.

Pavichokche
Mar 12, 2011, 09:49 AM
Stereotypes are the best ! They allow for an entirely new dimension of comedy. Love 'em !

T_Esquire
Mar 14, 2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I find the best approach to Phantasy Star games is to assume it's never coming over here and be pleasantly surprised when if it does. That way I don't set myself up for the disappointment when it doesn't.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 14, 2011, 08:02 PM
That works. I was oblivious of PSP1's release, mostly because when I first heard about it it was JP exclusive, and also clueless about PSP2's release. It also didn't help that there was no advertisement for either game at all.

Pavichokche
Mar 14, 2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I find the best approach to Phantasy Star games is to assume it's never coming over here and be pleasantly surprised when if it does. That way I don't set myself up for the disappointment when it doesn't.

That is indeed the best way to approach this, but seeing all the screenshots of awesome weapons, new clothes and locations, etc. really doesn't help ><

Gintoki-kun
Mar 16, 2011, 10:24 AM
Phantasy star Infinity will probably have to release by June or August,if it is coming out in 9 months.Or we will have to wait till the holidays to be released with NGP.

Pavichokche
Mar 16, 2011, 11:50 AM
Or we will have to wait till the holidays to be released with NGP.

That would kind of suck, since it would be totally overshadowed by the NGP and its incredible new games.

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2011, 05:49 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Sony is getting a reputation of never having much at all at launch. They're masters of having systems where all the good titles comes out at least 1 year later after the product launches. The kings of slow starts. They get good stuff, but launches are always lukewarm.

Pavichokche
Mar 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Sony is getting a reputation of never having much at all at launch. They're masters of having systems where all the good titles comes out at least 1 year later after the product launches. The kings of slow starts. They get good stuff, but launches are always lukewarm.

That's been true in the past, but I think they've learnt from their mistakes. This time around the NGP is much easier for the developers to work with, and they're also making an effort to have a good starting lineaup (of games). We'll see, though...

ShinMaruku
Mar 18, 2011, 08:19 PM
I hope they learned they have all the tools to kick ass.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
Seems off to release PSP2i onto the NGP when it was intentional for the PSP. It wouldn't be fair to those who don't want to cough up money for a new console where the game was announced for the previous one, but also wouldn't be fair to the game itself, since it won't implement some of the NGP's unique features. The game would appear bland and out of place.

Might as well just release PSP2i for the PSP, and create a new game entirely for the NGP, one that will take full advantage of what the console has to offer.

Sure someone could point out the whole "PSU was released on an old-gen console and looked what happened" but seeing as it was released for 2 other consoles, and PSP2i being portable with only one fixed option (PSP), then that argument would hold no merit.

ShinMaruku
Mar 18, 2011, 08:53 PM
Well psp games are to be backwards compatible on the ngp if you have a digital copy.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 18, 2011, 09:03 PM
Well psp games are to be backwards compatible on the ngp if you have a digital copy.

Not everyone has the option to get the digital copy, even if it is 'better'.

It also doesn't change the fact that it would be treated as an inferior game on the new-gen system. If anything, it would be no different than a PS classic game available at the PSN.

ShinMaruku
Mar 18, 2011, 09:18 PM
Only reason is because psp2 has no umd :(

RenzokukenZ
Mar 18, 2011, 09:22 PM

Didn't they learn anything from the PSPGo? Unless that PoS actually did well.

T_Esquire
Mar 19, 2011, 02:41 AM
Umm... PS:P2 does have a UMD, otherwise I'd not be able to play (not that I play much to begin with). I only buy PSP games if I can get them as a UMD. Physical copy, {Yes, please.}

Fox2Tails
Mar 19, 2011, 03:05 AM
Umm... PS:P2 does have a UMD, otherwise I'd not be able to play (not that I play much to begin with). I only buy PSP games if I can get them as a UMD. Physical copy, {Yes, please.}

Wrong PSP2 lol

RenzokukenZ
Mar 19, 2011, 05:08 AM

Shin was referring to the Playstation Portable 2, also known as the NGP.

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2011, 08:14 AM
Yep. And while it supports Physical media, it's no longer a laser-reading CD based medium like the UMD. Sony is trying to get away from that because it turns out thanks to our current technology, that non-moving media works best for portable systems, and also creates looser restrictions of media size. Eg. It can grow in the future as the prices of flash memory go down and down as they continue to do so.

For me, I've grown to like the digital media stuff now. It's not only because it takes up less space, without being buried in boxes, the games are much harder to lose based on the typical methods of data backup. And whenever you're looking for an old game you had somewhere, all of your games are in the same place. No need to find which box, etc. that bit of nostalgia is lost in. Love having one simple little place to quickly retrieve any game I want to get. And another obvious place where I archive them all.

Though I do like Physical manuals, but that's just the book reader in me. The PSP screen is a bit too small to feel like a good sit down manual read.

vagabondkitten
Mar 19, 2011, 08:23 AM
I have a regular PSP but I prefer to download games over buying the UMD. Sure it's a little extra money, having to buy memory cards to store the games, but I really like that I don't have to lug around a bunch of games wherever I go, especially with PSP being a portable system. I also really enjoy the fact that you can re-download the game whenever you want, so even if your card gets corrupt somehow, it's not like you have to buy the games all over again. I have all my PSP games on one card, and all my favorite PS one classics on another, and I'm actually about set like that, seeing as there is very few games that I know of that I want coming out anymore. Maybe I'll finally have to finish all the games I have! But to each his/her own I guess.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 19, 2011, 08:38 AM
Nah, I'm too stubborn to go with the flow of time :P

But again, not everyone has the option of digital downloads, or in many cases the money for them, so while some of us still buy the physical copy for nostalgia's sake, most do because its the only option they have. Plus its easier to find great deals on used games.

But this is getting off-topic. PSP2i will most likely release for the PSP when it hits the western side. After that, Sega can focus PSP3 onto the NGP :wacko:

Gintoki-kun
Mar 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
But this is getting off-topic. PSP2i will most likely release for the PSP when it hits the western side. After that, Sega can focus PSP3 onto the NGP :wacko:

I was thinking this as well that PSP3 was heading to the NGP,but what about if SoA and the American Sony actually puts PSP2i as one of NGP launch titles? Not only we will have more features than the current JP version,but a different style of gameplay.Of course those who wish for it to remain the same will buy the UMD version.

Fayorei
Mar 22, 2011, 06:35 PM
This probably seems silly, but I'm pretty excited to see a US release for this game despite owning PSP2i JP version.

I think a great part for me about the US release will be having a ton more people to group with, and not feeling like I'm dividing my time on a character. I'm apt to possibly just continue playing my US PSP2 copy (which, yeah, no online for me yet since I still feel underleveled). I'm a big fan of Newman characters, and although I love my Cast Hunter in PSP2i, I think I'll always be fond of my melee/support type Vanguard. Feels closest to HUnewearl to me.

That and being between a ton of games. But eh, such is life I guess.:P