PDA

View Full Version : SURVEY: List of useless weapons in PSO

Elusive_Llama
Mar 13, 2003, 03:17 PM
Which do you think are the useless weapons in this game? You know, the ones which look good but utterly suck? Or perhaps the ones which start out good but, when 'upgraded', become the worst weapons you can possibly equip?

Dragonslayers, Diskas and other low level 'rares' don't count. This is because you can actually use a Dragonslayer and do fairly decent damage. I'm talking about weapons which are so worthless that they're liable to get you killed.

They're the sort of weapons which make you wonder whether ST is comprised of a bunch of retarded orang utans.

Also list the reason(s) why they suck so badly.

No jabs at the Snow Queen though! I've been using one lately and there is nothing better for neutralizing a horde of monsters. Don't diss a weapon until you've actually seen or used it!

I'll start off with a few:

Dark Flow. No combo, special is suicidal to use.

Dark Meteor. No combo.

Dancing Hitogata. Impossible to combo and get off 3 on-target tp stealing attacks when you first equip it. A friggin' Mahu is better.

BeatZero
Mar 13, 2003, 03:26 PM
in the wrong hands, mechguns. but in the right hands they own all.

i dont find the power maser too great so that i guess

Elusive_Llama
Mar 13, 2003, 03:33 PM
Okay, any weapon which can be great in the right hands do not count. Ie. mechguns, dragonslayers with good %s on HUcasts, etc. Heck, even the fist weapons don't count because you can do some good damage with them.

Tulathis
Mar 13, 2003, 03:36 PM
Dark Flow. No combo, special is suicidal to use.
I've actually used a Dark Flow with decent results before. Of course I had a very high level HUcast and was backed up by a very high level FOmar (shifta 30). Still, any weapon that you can potentially kill with in one hit couldn't be all bad.

I fully agree with the Dancing Hitoga being terrible. I'd also add the Maser Beam and Power Maser, both of which fire a low level Zonde and are virtually unusable.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Mar 13, 2003, 03:41 PM
Doesnt Flame visit have no combo too?
If so id say that one! I Unless its really powerfull, I mena whats good a weopon with no combo! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RAmar_Monkey_Boy on 2003-03-13 12:42 ]</font>

Tulathis
Mar 13, 2003, 04:00 PM
Doesnt Flame visit have no combo too?

The Flame Visit does have a combo. It's "upgraded" counterpart the Burning Visit does not. For that matter none of the weapons that have been upgraded with the Photon Booster are able to combo. These include the Iron Faust, Snow Queen, Burning Visit, and Power Maser.

BlankTK
Mar 13, 2003, 04:04 PM
Belra Cannon.

VulpesMundi
Mar 13, 2003, 04:06 PM
GAME MAGAZINE. +1 ATP, +1 ATA, lame-ass wand combo. I'd say it's the worst weapon ever, but if your base ATP is decent then you can still do moderate damage.

MASER BEAM. Stats don't apply because it casts a really weak Zonde that doesn't even do much damage to enemies that are weak against Zonde. This gets my vote for worst weapon ever.

POWER MASER. Almost identical to the MASER BEAM, except it casts Gizonde instead and doesn't combo. Pretty much tied with its predecessor as the worst weapon ever.

FLAME VISIT. It's a unique shotgun-class weapon that fires a single bullet. The bullets move so slowly that enemies can often run right by them (especially in Ultimate). Not a very economical weapon.

BURNING VISIT. Its bullets pierce, but the trade off is no combo. Hard to say if this is worse than a FLAME VISIT or not.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 13, 2003, 04:15 PM
I have never used/seen a maser or power maser, but I'll take your word for it.

Isn't the Flame Visit the weapon from which the Burning Visit is evolved from? My friend has a Burning Visit, and it sucks badly. It shoots like a photon launcher but the fireball travels slow and you cannot combo the weapon.

What about the Gal Wing? Anybody know if that sucks too? What about the Belra Cannon?

Cloud_01
Mar 13, 2003, 04:40 PM
Inferno Bazooka - It's too slow and doesn't have enough power to be much of use. This weapon is practically useless in Ultimate mode.

Vitamin_D
Mar 13, 2003, 04:45 PM
I've seen the Maser Beam in action...it has to be some SICK joke b ST...it's gotta be.

SeekerGio
Mar 13, 2003, 05:20 PM
wow, and I was gonig to keep doing ult spaceship runs to get a maser off the dragon, forget that. I'd be better served trying to find Lavis Cannon off Sinow Reds...better luck next time "maybe I should find it, I've never seen it before" weapon. Hmm, I can't think of any weapon that's as bad as those...oh, and the Bazooka isn't that bad, it might be useless in ultimate, but on my hucaseal it was pretty good long range in hard ep2 and vhard ep 1. (wouldn't want to use it on olga flow or gal gryphon though)

Ranger_Larry
Mar 13, 2003, 05:32 PM
Add Nug-2000 bazooka to the list. Great power, some splash damage, no combo. You will get hit alot using it, even though it can be fun.

shiznitty
Mar 13, 2003, 07:06 PM
the NUG is not useless, its so darn fun to use, and great with a frozen shooter. I agree with the other guy that the inferno bazooka is useless. IT FIRES SO SSSSLLLLOWOOOOWOOWOWOWW. SO INCREDIBLLLY SLLLLOOWOOOOWOW. and can only hit one enemy with weak dmge. SHEEZE

MadCowChuck_
Mar 13, 2003, 08:16 PM
Belra Cannon...

...to coin a phrase..."Worse...crap...ever!"

Palimak
Mar 13, 2003, 08:20 PM
1 more hand raised for the Inferno Bazooka. It shoots like a Shot. The bullet moves slower than a Shot's and it only shoots 1 bullet. I don't know how that could ever be considered good. At the point where you can have the ATA to use it, you can at least have a Varista or somethin.

VulpesMundi
Mar 13, 2003, 09:27 PM
I'm guessing the people who are saying Inferno Bazooka have never used a Flame Visit. Basically they're the same type of weapon (shotgun-class speed, single bullet). However, I'd DEFINATELY take an Inferno Bazooka over a Flame Visit. At least enemies can't outrun Inferno Bazooka bullets like they can Flame Visit bullets. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Orange_Coconut
Mar 13, 2003, 10:23 PM
I wonder, is everything with the word "Bazooka" in it not like piercing Photon Launchers? I sure hope not. Like the NUG2000 Bazooka? Etc... Anyway, every game has it's oh-so-very-pointless weapons that people start to kick their system over.. Think about it, some are gag items and others are items that ST looks at and says "Hehehe, I really wish I could see the look on all their little faces when they find out what this does! Hehehe..." It's quite simple, you see, people just love to torture others http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JavaMoon
Mar 14, 2003, 03:37 AM
Apparently those of you who complain about an Inferno Bazooka have never used one with a FOmarl. She is able to shoot an Inferno Bazooka about as fast as a ranger shoots a handgun! 30 Shifta and 30 Zalure will make for one kickass FOmarl! ^_-

dj_dan
Mar 14, 2003, 04:39 AM
On 2003-03-14 00:37, JavaMoon wrote:
Apparently those of you who complain about an Inferno Bazooka have never used one with a FOmarl. She is able to shoot an Inferno Bazooka about as fast as a ranger shoots a handgun! 30 Shifta and 30 Zalure will make for one kickass FOmarl! ^_-

Geez... I'm glad someone noticed.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 14, 2003, 04:40 AM
I haven't leveled my FOmarl up yet, but thatnks for the tip ^_~

demonknight
Mar 14, 2003, 09:17 AM
i would have to say the elysion is quite useless, only forces can use it, they cant do much damage and they lose to much hp fast because of close range

Tulathis
Mar 14, 2003, 10:39 AM
i would have to say the elysion is quite useless, only forces can use it, they cant do much damage and they lose to much hp fast because of close range
I actually used my Elysion for a long time on my FOmar. It's an excellent weapon if you keep your Jellen handy. Once I found a Red Saber I switched, but the Elysion is much easier, in terms of its requirements, for a force to use.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 14, 2003, 11:12 AM

That a Fomarl can use an Inferno Bazooka like that makes absolutely NO sense from a gameplay standpoint. I still can't figure out why Fomarls, with their wimpy figures, shoot Inferno Bazookas faster than other characters.

Then again, ST isn't known for making sense. ie. 'upgrading' your awesome 0/45/50/60/45 Charge Calibur into the craptastic Dark Flow

kyori
Mar 15, 2003, 01:58 AM
yay someone did point out the fomarl + inferno bazooka, its just plain sick, i can't tell the difference between god/battle or not.. tho that was back during v2 XD