PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Pick a job for my CAST? :D

Merm
Feb 27, 2011, 03:29 AM
Yeah I caved and made a CAST. He's male, at lvl 1, untouched (XD) and a Vanguard, because I usually set my characters to Vanguard before branching out.

So, what do you think I should make him? I already have at least one of each class. I don't really want him to remain a Vanguard cos I already have two.

What class do you think is best for a CAST? I've never played one so I wouldn't know. :(

RenzokukenZ
Feb 27, 2011, 03:43 AM
Let 'im join the legion of the Hunter! He'll brandish a mighty sword and crush all the burly beasties as if they be wee ants! He could bash skulls in with an axe! Slice an' dice with twin sabers! And as a Hunter, you can even knock them all down with a shield!

There's Hunters, and then there's Cast Hunters!

Wayu
Feb 27, 2011, 04:14 AM
And then there's RRRRRRAAAANGERRRR SCHOOOOOOL!!!

Jokes aside, play what you like.

-Wayu

XxGoregrinderxX
Feb 27, 2011, 04:24 AM
You should make a Ranger or Cast.

Cast are good with Melee Weapons and much better than Beast HUnters.
Cast Rangers are good too.

Wayu
Feb 27, 2011, 04:27 AM
Yes, because you would make a CAST a Cast.

Yep.

Totally.

^^;

-Wayu

Merm
Feb 27, 2011, 08:38 AM
Yes my Cast should be a Caseal instead 8D
Hahahahahah I enjoy playing with my Newman Ranger, so I think I'll make my CAST a ranger too. (:

So, which one do you think is more fit for a cast? A Ranger, a Hunter, or a Vanguard that does both range and melee?

Wayu
Feb 27, 2011, 09:33 AM
Well, the CAST's stats are built around the Ranger class.

-Wayu

Shakuri
Feb 27, 2011, 09:58 AM
CAST
Hunter
Axes only
Final Destination

Bluerunner
Feb 27, 2011, 10:00 AM
My vote is on Vanguard. That way he can be a little of everything.

Wayu
Feb 27, 2011, 10:01 AM
Stats-wise, Ranger and Hunter are best.

Popularity-wise, Hunter and (oddly enough) Force.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Feb 27, 2011, 10:04 AM
Trust me, Cast Force works pretty damn well :D

Wayu
Feb 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
It's a great way to balance out a CAST.

-Wayu

vagabondkitten
Feb 27, 2011, 10:21 AM
As Wayu said, their stats are built around being a ranger, however there really no class/race combo that is bad, some are just obviously better than others. Just go with whichever one you have the most fun with, as having fun is the point of playing video games.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 27, 2011, 10:29 AM
And the fact that its a Cast makes it all the better.

Broken_L_button
Feb 27, 2011, 02:05 PM
Casts can work out any class pretty well, really, but Cast force is the epitome of awesome.

Merm
Feb 27, 2011, 08:55 PM
I've never seen any Male cast forces. D: But lol they seem fun to play. Now I'm torn between all 4.
(Lol all that CAST propaganda)

RenzokukenZ
Feb 27, 2011, 09:06 PM
Maybe you should remake all your alts into Casts and make them all one of each type :P

raijz
Feb 27, 2011, 09:07 PM
I felt the same way to when I first played as a cast. Ranger/Hunter are the best class. Vanguard and force are good too.

Merm
Feb 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
I actually don't like CASTS very much. I just thought he'd look good with Reve hair. :P

I think I'll make him a Ranger that doubles up on melee.

Crimson The FOmar
Feb 28, 2011, 08:23 AM
Trust me, Cast Force works pretty damn well :D

Catherine the lvl 146 FOcaseal heartily endorses this statement.

Would anyone like a flyer on CAST Supremacy? :-P

Alucard V
Feb 28, 2011, 09:47 AM
And the fact that its a Cast makes it all the better.

Would anyone like a flyer on CAST Supremacy? :-P

CAST Supremacy? That's a joke if I ever heard one. To think somthing artificial and static could ever hope for supremacy. Find a way of evoution then talk of supemacy.

Put high HP, ATK and DEF to good use, be a Hunter.

LightWing
Feb 28, 2011, 09:50 AM
I miss having evasion with my Cast alt... and I play as a Human typically.

The accuracy is awesome, however.

Jorry
Feb 28, 2011, 09:56 AM
CAST Supremacy? That's a joke if I ever heard one. To think somthing artificial and static could ever hope for supremacy. Find a way of evoution then talk of supemacy.

you speak of a way to evolve. When we want/need to be better, we simply upgrade. in the time it take you guys to "evolve" we have had the problem solved for several generations! Oh, and you misspelled evolution.

EDIT: Back to the actual topic, I play as a RAcast but sometimes bounce to HUcast for hunting weapons. Taking a side trip, I would suggest putting a level in VA to get the PP-Boost which greatly affects PP regen. some people just don't seem to understand that increasing the PP pool also increase the regen rate. When you get to a higher level I would suggest going back to VA for the PP-HI Boost.

Kaziel
Feb 28, 2011, 10:53 AM

Because it is a joke. Lighten up. ;|

OT: Casts are awesome at everything. I'd say the hardest combo to play is a Force Cast. I'm usually a Hunter with my Casts, since I'm not a big fan of sitting in the back and not doing the awesome flashy PAs.

Hunter if you wanna have some fun, though the ACC boost really helps... well, with accuracy.

Ranger if you wanna do the real purpose of the race.

I miss my HUcast. SO MUCH POWER. T___T

Alucard V
Feb 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
you speak of a way to evolve. When we want/need to be better, we simply upgrade. in the time it take you guys to "evolve" we have had the problem solved for several generations!

Generation you say, well I can't fight that kinda logic but are good friends the Dewmen might. It may be unnatural but it works.

I sure do hope you upgrade quickly because Gurhal's a hostile system and if you're not carful some big old native creature might rip that shinny body clean off leaving one of us fleshies stuck to carry the head..... Partner.:-P

Kaziel
Feb 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
... if you're not carful some big old native creature might rip that shinny body clean off leaving one of us fleshies stuck to carry the head..... Partner.:-P

Haha. At least we can function with just a head!... for the most part, that is. God knows if a native rips off your head because our little FO-CAST Restas weren't strong enough. GG? ;_;

Alucard V
Feb 28, 2011, 11:53 AM
You kinda pointed out another weakness, low tech power.
FOcaseal bad idea.

Kaziel
Feb 28, 2011, 11:53 AM
You kinda pointed out another weakness, low tech power.
FOcaseal bad idea.

That was the joke :-P

TheAstarion
Feb 28, 2011, 05:30 PM
Go Protranser!

oh wait, PSP2...

Vanguard until you hit level 3 for HP regen (male CAST Hunter gets the most mileage out of this, restoring 10% of your health means 9001hp for a mandroid but like 12hp for a newman).

IMO, anyone should probably start as a Vanny until they get lv21+ moves. Gives a chance to branch out and get to know your race, even for veteran PSU players the tweaks in PSP2 mean this is something you should do.

Once you get lv21+ moves, decide if you want to go to the relevant class. There's very little difference between a vanguard and a hunter for melee damage until the hunter gets its higher level PAs, ditto for rangers and their multi bullet weapons like shotguns (4 bullets at lv20, 5 at lv21+). If I'm honest, I've not actually used a hunter since JP PSP2 was new... CAST hunter is going to have a tiny bit more damage output then a Beast Vanguard in melee, but at the cost of all that EVP... though you have a lot more def and health to make up for it.

As for SUVs, the S-rank Awesomesauce Fluge gives lv5 buffs to you and your family. Ranger and Vanguard can build the SUV gauge quicker due to EX traps (though rangers only get burn EX). Send a load of burn EX traps to your common box so your lv1 dude can use them to rape, at least until he can buy his own. This is the best support anyone can hope for, the lv5 buffs are indeed mighty and last until the end of time.

When Infinity rolls around, you may find yourself going back to Vanguard to use Ignite Arts (+5 to striking, bullet and attack tech max levels). It costs 7 ability slots, but who cares? :D The lv25 striking moves are cheaper and stronger than the lv15 ones I was using as a ranger, and the lv25 bullets are almost as good as the lv30 ones (of which I had not very many).

Jorry
Feb 28, 2011, 07:26 PM
Generation you say, well I can't fight that kinda logic but are good friends the Dewmen might. It may be unnatural but it works.

I sure do hope you upgrade quickly because Gurhal's a hostile system and if you're not carful some big old native creature might rip that shinny body clean off leaving one of us fleshies stuck to carry the head..... Partner.:-P

Speaking of unnatural, could you reattach my head? I would love to pay them back. Another advantage to being made of metal! lol:D

EDIT: Also, you're spot on with that FOceasel thing, I tried one and it failed utterly.

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
Ignite Arts costs 7?

Wait, what? I'm hearding completely different Ability Point costs...

-Wayu

Alucard V
Feb 28, 2011, 07:35 PM
I'm with "The Astarion" on the traps at lest but if you're going to use (EX) Tarps wait till you get vanguard to LV7 for the Burst Bomb ablitiy.

Alucard V
Feb 28, 2011, 08:11 PM
Speaking of unnatural, could you reattach my head? I would love to pay them back. Another advantage to being made of metal! lol:D

EDIT: Also, you're spot on with that FOceasel thing, I tried one and it failed utterly.

*sigh* Sure, I think I can do somthing for you.^^;

Wayu
Feb 28, 2011, 08:18 PM
Edit button.

Good stuff.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Feb 28, 2011, 11:11 PM

You must have played it wrong. FOcaseals rule.

Ignite Arts costs 7?

Wait, what? I'm hearding completely different Ability Point costs...

-Wayu

Seeing how OP that skill is, sounds about right.

Also, no matter what class you roll with your Cast, make sure you get VA to at least 3 to get HP Restore Rate. Why? Mostly nostalgia :-)

Broken_L_button
Feb 28, 2011, 11:34 PM

Wait...Wha? You sir, will need to spend more time into one of the Cast supremacy's brain-washing education camps. Now drop down and give me twenty while enumerating the reasons why we trust in Curtz!!

Alucard V
Mar 1, 2011, 09:17 AM
A camp, you could get the same effect with a iPhone.:-x

Can it wait till I get he's head back on.

Crimson The FOmar
Mar 1, 2011, 01:03 PM

Eh, depends on your point of view, fundamentally they fail as forces with purely teching, but what you're buying into is much more survivability and variety with the ability to relatively effectively fall back on melee and guns.

Although they have more PP, no-one can argue that Newmans would do more melee and gunning damage, and that although they have more EVP, if they do get hit, it will hurt alot more.

FOcaseals, like Cast Fortechers in PSU, are built for support. Yes, yes, Exusia Fluge, blah, blah, but with my psychowand for the reduced PP costs, higher HP/Defenses, chaining ability with twin handguns and double/twin sabers, I am great support, if I do say so myself of course.

I'm in no way saying they are fundamentally superior to FOnewearls (so please don't get argumentative folks :-P ), or a better choice over other classes for a Cast, but with the right class levels and abilities, they are certainly an interesting and FUN challenge ;-)

Jorry
Mar 1, 2011, 05:47 PM
Eh, depends on your point of view, fundamentally they fail as forces with purely teching, but what you're buying into is much more survivability and variety with the ability to relatively effectively fall back on melee and guns.

Although they have more PP, no-one can argue that Newmans would do more melee and gunning damage, and that although they have more EVP, if they do get hit, it will hurt alot more.

FOcaseals, like Cast Fortechers in PSU, are built for support. Yes, yes, Exusia Fluge, blah, blah, but with my psychowand for the reduced PP costs, higher HP/Defenses, chaining ability with twin handguns and double/twin sabers, I am great support, if I do say so myself of course.

I'm in no way saying they are fundamentally superior to FOnewearls (so please don't get argumentative folks :-P ), or a better choice over other classes for a Cast, but with the right class levels and abilities, they are certainly an interesting and FUN challenge ;-)

You have good points, and I agree with you for the most part. HOWEVER, if I were chaining with twin handguns, I would simply break that chain with them. Overall, Forces in PSPo2 got royally screwed so I'll just have to wait for infinity to come to the USA and try Force then.

On a side note, my memory card died yesterday. You think I would have learned to back up my save file after I got hacked the first time. That means that this will be the third time I had to start over completely...:-( I swear I could of had a level 200 by now! I guess you can drop my head now, for Fenrir just died :(

Wayu
Mar 1, 2011, 07:02 PM
Well, if you're a Force you SHOULDN'T be getting hit lol.

Actually, you shouldn't be getting hit at all with any class. There's a reason why they implemented Just Guard and evade.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Mar 1, 2011, 07:09 PM
Kinda tricky to dodge or block when you're using a rod with a full palette. And not everyone can be an Untouchable like you, lass.

Wayu
Mar 1, 2011, 07:10 PM
So don't use the full palette lol..?

That or only use the first two slots on rods. Works better than having all 4, since some techniques are far more useful than others (Foverse).

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Mar 1, 2011, 07:14 PM
Yes, but don't forget that you get a power boost for having more techs of the same element assigned to the rod. Besides, instead of sacrificing two techs (and that boost) just to block, might as well use wand/shield. And strafe lol.

Crimson The FOmar
Mar 2, 2011, 11:31 AM
You have good points, and I agree with you for the most part. HOWEVER, if I were chaining with twin handguns, I would simply break that chain with them. Overall, Forces in PSPo2 got royally screwed so I'll just have to wait for infinity to come to the USA and try Force then.

Thanks :) But that kinda is where my theory falls apart I'll have to say :P What I do actually is since the flashing numbers when a chains broken persist for longer than the chain itself, I break the chain with the twin handguns since they're out, then that gives me enough time to switch to a wand and fire off a couple of Diga's..

Besides, instead of sacrificing two techs (and that boost) just to block, might as well use wand/shield. And strafe lol.

I second this :D Kazami Bracer with a wand is great :D are there any other shields in Infinity with interesting boosts apart from DEF?

vagabondkitten
Mar 2, 2011, 12:44 PM

My newman's EVP and MST would like to have a word with you ;-) I do agree that this game shouldn't always be about playing the most effective class/race combo, and instead should be about playing the combo that you find to be the most enjoyable. Which is why I prefer my Newmans to all you Cast-Supremacist :-P

Linka
Mar 2, 2011, 03:10 PM
i think we should rename 'newman supremacy' to 'hylian supremacy'. same thing, in essence...and Hyrule's awesome. The Legend of Zelda in general is awesome. LINK is awesome! hence my female newman character based on the idea of a female Link. thus named...Linka. female newman vanguard with swords, sabers, shields, longbows, twin claws[wolf link. duh.], and eventually whips and TCSMs for Gifoie and deband.[Din's Fire and Nayru's Love spells from Ocarina of Time respectively.]

also...i consider my second main on PSPo2, Sakura Ikanita, part human. in her backstory...she was made by her mom Aulzria[main on PSU] using regular cast parts, which were modified, and human organs were implanted in, possibly from her mom, as Aulzria may have been using those same organs at some point as well.

i just screw with cast supremacy, don't i? newman main, cast/human hybrid for a secondary main, yeah...i screw with the minds of cast supremacists. XD!

PurpleIsGood
Mar 2, 2011, 03:25 PM
My newman's EVP and MST would like to have a word with you ;-) I do agree that this game shouldn't always be about playing the most effective class/race combo, and instead should be about playing the combo that you find to be the most enjoyable. Which is why I prefer my Newmans to all you Cast-Supremacist :-P

I didn't know about racial boosts when I first got the game, so I just made a Cast b/c they looked cool.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 2, 2011, 08:50 PM
i think we should rename 'newman supremacy' to 'hylian supremacy'. same thing, in essence...and Hyrule's awesome. The Legend of Zelda in general is awesome. LINK is awesome! hence my female newman character based on the idea of a female Link. thus named...Linka. female newman vanguard with swords, sabers, shields, longbows, twin claws[wolf link. duh.], and eventually whips and TCSMs for Gifoie and deband.[Din's Fire and Nayru's Love spells from Ocarina of Time respectively.]

also...i consider my second main on PSPo2, Sakura Ikanita, part human. in her backstory...she was made by her mom Aulzria[main on PSU] using regular cast parts, which were modified, and human organs were implanted in, possibly from her mom, as Aulzria may have been using those same organs at some point as well.

i just screw with cast supremacy, don't i? newman main, cast/human hybrid for a secondary main, yeah...i screw with the minds of cast supremacists. XD!

Nah, you're just in denial :wacko:

Merm
Mar 3, 2011, 12:38 AM
that you find to be the most enjoyable. Which is why I prefer my Newmans to all you Cast-Supremacist :-P

I second this, even though I'm the OP. LOL.
Anyway, my CAST is gonna remain a Vanguard until he gets HP restore. :}

Alucard V
Mar 3, 2011, 08:48 AM
That's understandabile. You might wanna wait till you get Burst Bomber to swich then it makes traps much more useful.

Linka
Mar 3, 2011, 01:41 PM
well, something just occured to me. daggers are pretty much the fastest melee weapon so far, right? and Dark mirage blasts speed up how fast one attacks, correct? mix in the level 30 Vanguard ability, and i'm pretty sure twin daggers would be wicked fast. anyone try this mix out yet? would so work better in Infinity since the Embrace MBs got a good time limit boost in it. mix in the ATK of a Hunter, and all its ATK Up abilities, along with the best daggers, and the strongest PA for twin daggers...and you might be able to have quite the deadly character.

Crimson The FOmar
Mar 3, 2011, 05:18 PM
I second this, even though I'm the OP. LOL.
Anyway, my CAST is gonna remain a Vanguard until he gets HP restore. :}

I'm sorry, but do you mean PP Restore Rate?

HP Restore Rate is from Hunter levels...

Jorry
Mar 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry, but do you mean PP Restore Rate?

HP Restore Rate is from Hunter levels...

no, you get it at level 3 vanguard.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 3, 2011, 06:57 PM
I think you have it confused with Healing Item Boost, FOmar.

Also Linka, yes it goes fast. Very fast. Lightning fast! Grease Lightning!

To the point that you end up losing control lol.

Crimson The FOmar
Mar 3, 2011, 07:31 PM
I think you have it confused with Healing Item Boost, FOmar.

Oopsie, so I have ^^;

Also Linka, yes it goes fast. Very fast. Lightning fast! Grease Lightning!

To the point that you end up losing control lol.

Also, this quote wins.

Also, I've exhausted pretty much everything I have to say about this thread.
*bows out* :-P