PDA

View Full Version : New Fast AND Simple method to get you good rares.

Cloak
Mar 13, 2003, 04:18 PM
Tired of never finding anything good? Always seeing some HUmar snatching your red box got you down? Well Mrs. Caekington has the solution for you!

There's been a ton of lvling tricks. So why not a rare-finding trick? I bet you need good shtuff rares to match your high level char who just got done rafoieing canadines for 8 hours, right? Well here's your answer:

1) Get at least one hit on the enemy.
2) After getting that one hit, put your characters face AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to the Garanz/Sinow/Gibbles/<Insert Good Rare Dropping thing>'s crotch.
3) Do a 1 hit combo every now and then to *pretend* you're contributing. (NO 3 hit combo's, remember, if you 3 hit combo, there will be a delay in the run to the possible rare drop.)
4) As soon as the monster dies, RUN ASAP through it to snatch your rare.
5) Congratulations! Go flash your new rare.

The thing about this method is, IT REALLY WORKS! If you're having trouble getting it down right, just find/harass one of the high level legit persons. They have this method mastered! Who needs the TP trick when you've got the secret caeky rare-finding method. In no time your bank will be full of leet rares!

Have fun. ^_~;

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 13, 2003, 04:25 PM
I also carry untekked items, like varista and db saber, to drop as decoys.

ginko990
Mar 13, 2003, 04:43 PM
Pfff, any rare i want i do the following:

1. find someone with a cool weapon.
2. pk him.
3. steal it.

bam!

Guntz348
Mar 13, 2003, 04:46 PM
Maybe I'm reading you wrong here but didn't you just complain about people who do this? Its in this topic,

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=43030&forum=11&18

Also thats shady as hell.

Cloak
Mar 13, 2003, 04:48 PM
Yeah it was in that topic. But I had to post it here to let everyone see!! It wouldn't be right for me to hide this big secret. Are you mad I'm giving out the secret you might use? Are you?

Polenicus
Mar 13, 2003, 04:55 PM
On 2003-03-13 13:43, ginko990 wrote:
Pfff, any rare i want i do the following:

1. find someone with a cool weapon.
2. pk him.
3. steal it.

bam!

And since when has this worked on GC PSO?

Rurisho
Mar 13, 2003, 05:34 PM
Uhm.. Something tells me they were just kidding, matey.

BurgerDog_
Mar 13, 2003, 08:28 PM
You can do this if you're looking for a Sealed-J Sword. Have a Skyly make a game and get a full party. 3HU and 1FO is nice. When you're deciding what paths to take, make sure you take the temple path with all the belras by yourself[I emphasize by yourself]. So you got that part done, here comes the next one: Choose to take Seaside because we all know that there's three Gi-gue in there and they drop the item you're looking for. Beg if you have to, but make sure you take these two ways by yourself. If they say that they want to help, say no, you can do it on your own. If all else fails, leave and try to find other dumbasses to fool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BurgerDog_ on 2003-03-13 17:29 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Mar 13, 2003, 09:12 PM
One problem with your little trick. You're leaving out the fact that rare items (particularly valuable ones) almost never drop at all. Have fun wasting your time and picking up Monomates and Trap Visions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

If you're that desperate for items (which quite frankly 75% of them aren't worth a hill of beans) then you should be playing solo or with friends you can trust to share. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zeebo
Mar 13, 2003, 09:15 PM
Stand there wait for monster to die BAM SNATCH and then kick him in the balls and run!

Maelkith
Mar 14, 2003, 05:05 AM
if you want to have a rare no one else has, just go into an ultimate game on vega with a brand. as it is out of context,it will be very rare. noobs and leets are sure to ask "wtf is dat?". autoguns work just as well. (i have done it)

Cloak
Mar 14, 2003, 01:32 PM
On 2003-03-13 18:12, VulpesMundi wrote:
One problem with your little trick. You're leaving out the fact that rare items (particularly valuable ones) almost never drop at all. Have fun wasting your time and picking up Monomates and Trap Visions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. >_<

If you don't get rares, at least you get to look like a stupid, obnoxious, greedy, asshole, right? For help on perfecting this method, ask some of the high level legits on this very forum. (That's who I learned it from by watching! ;D)

gallaugher
Mar 14, 2003, 01:42 PM
I don't know any high level legits in this forum (maybe because I don't know any of you) but this technique clearly shows what is wrong with pso. However, I think that is your point.

Why not also break the boxes first looking for items while everyone else worrys about killing the baddies?

Rares are not important enough for me to alter my playing style when online. Then again, NO ONE that I play with would EVER use the technique suggested here.

marionettemaster
Mar 14, 2003, 01:49 PM
heh, awesome one cloak

Ranger_Larry
Mar 14, 2003, 05:18 PM
This is one of the reasons people hate to play with Hunters, they are always up close to begin with, so they get the rares. Oh well, I have all the rares I want anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ginko990
Mar 14, 2003, 05:52 PM
On 2003-03-14 14:18, Ranger_Larry wrote:
This is one of the reasons people hate to play with Hunters, they are always up close to begin with, so they get the rares. Oh well, I have all the rares I want anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nonsense, I love playing with lvl 80-130 HUmars who have awsome luck. Theyve seemed to have found a BKB and a J SWORD. I try to play with as many as I can in hopes of one day finding those 2 as well.

On a side note, i actually intend on finding an mkb sooner or later >_<