PDA

View Full Version : Mag question

anishuma
Mar 1, 2011, 01:02 PM
Is there a way to dlvl a Mag's stat lvl, like if I had a Def of 6, could I delvl that to 5 possibly?

Dongra
Mar 1, 2011, 01:11 PM
Nope.

anishuma
Mar 1, 2011, 01:31 PM
Argh, so i gotta get a fresh mag, that's the third time T-T Stupid Star atomizer.

Dongra
Mar 1, 2011, 04:32 PM
I recommend that you don't feed your mag Star Atomizers. You could also just accept the one extra point of defense since it really isn't that big of a deal unless you are making this mag for a trade or you are so anal that you can't stand to see any number other than a five or zero.

anishuma
Mar 1, 2011, 04:48 PM
Well, I was told to get a mag with 5 Def, 145 Pow, 50 Dex, and 0 Mind, since my first mag had 15 Def 40 something Power, Dex less than 10 and 0 mind.This was for my Hucast, but apparently my first mag was terrible according to some seemingly long time players.

I'm new to the whole PSO series so I wouldn't know what's a good mag or not.

Arkios
Mar 1, 2011, 05:18 PM
Well, I was told to get a mag with 5 Def, 145 Pow, 50 Dex, and 0 Mind, since my first mag had 15 Def 40 something Power, Dex less than 10 and 0 mind.This was for my Hucast, but apparently my first mag was terrible according to some seemingly long time players.

It really doesn't matter that much to be honest. If you have 15 DEF, that means you lost on a possible 20 ATP, 5 ATA or 20 MST. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter.

In fact in some builds you HAVE to gain DEF, for instance if you're going for a straight MIND mag.

Dongra
Mar 1, 2011, 05:33 PM

Oh, I see. So you are aiming for the generic build? Well, like I said, one point of extra defense won't hurt you as long as you are not selling the mag or you happen to be seriously anal about your numbers. Since you are making the mag for your Hucast the main thing you want to avoid is mind since you don't gain MST. Personally, I used a 5/125/70/0 Robochao on my Hucast for a good while, Hucast needs that ATA badly, and I aimed for 70 Dex because I didn't have or want to use an Arm unit and it was needed to meet Robochao's cell requirements. If you have a God/Arm or Heavenly/Arm then you probably won't have to put that much Dex on the mag.

Kaziel
Mar 1, 2011, 06:16 PM
you are so anal that you can't stand to see any number other than a five or zero.

>_____________<

My mag had 6/150/44/0. Bugged me so much.

anishuma
Mar 1, 2011, 06:59 PM
One last question before I get a new mag, at third evolution, if my mag evolves 5 lvls after would I keep the old Photon Blast or get a new one?

Dongra
Mar 1, 2011, 07:30 PM
The first three evolutions of a mag that produce a Photon Blast are the ones you will be stuck with. If you happen to get a mag evolution that provides a Photon Blast you already have you will not get one, so it is possible to have a mag with two photon blasts. A way to fix a two PB mag is to have your mag evolve into a different third evolution mag which can happen every five levels provided you change the order of your stats so that one is greater than the other or by switching it to a character that is a different class or Section ID group.

anishuma
Mar 2, 2011, 04:34 AM
This is my 3rd mag, I got the stat lvls going the way I wanted now.From now on I'm only raising Pow for now.

Marutah Lvl 40
Def 5
Pow10
Dex 25
Mind 0