PDA

View Full Version : so tired of working in my shop

Kazuma-kun2
Mar 4, 2011, 08:46 AM
i really want to escape from working in a grocery shop its driving my insane.
its driving me insane for number of reasons
1. getting the dates wrong for days off ive asked for and saying i wrote them down wrong
2. for someone who wants to be good at artwork i have fuck all time in the day before and after work (i dont see how 3 or 4 hours can get me time to finish a picture and i finish at 9 or 10 wich means i have f**** all to do when i come home)

i know im getting money at the end of the day but wouldnt you guys agree it would be better to look for a job thats more worth it for money.

i could look for another job but in the place where i am theres only two shops and NO im not going to get another grocery job im tired and sick off working in a grocery shop.

so the only escape is to go back to college which i have to do a portfolio of 4 A3 sheets of sketches 13 sheets of either sketch's of everyday life or of personal interest and a small sketch book showing emotions and some life drawing sketchs before the 18 of this month.

Kaziel
Mar 4, 2011, 11:22 AM
Take it to Rants (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21), bro.

Sorry to hear your job sucks. My first job was holding a sign for some UPS store. The manager was some crazy asian man. We had a heavy hail & thunderstorm and he phoned me at 6am asking me "where fck are you?? You get here now!!"

I quit the next day after getting a nice temp job.

Kazuma-kun2
Mar 4, 2011, 12:47 PM
just hope i can get into college before next year im so tired of working wanna get a break from working all the time

Sayara
Mar 5, 2011, 11:22 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v96/129/48/624145480/n624145480_605958_4001.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/34821_10150358782260481_624145480_16481763_7520490 _n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166151_10150356733675481_624145480_16442218_154741 3_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/168131_10150391364020481_624145480_17128814_116702 4_n.jpg

Til the day you gotta fix these problems, or physically destroy your body, you should just keep doin what you doin
EVERY DAY IM BALLIN
EVERY DAY IM BALLIN
EVERY DAY
EVERY DAY

works not meant to be fun, i mean, yeah going to college is good idea as well, but you gotta remember that not everyone has it as easy as you, getting a chance to get a job, or college education. Respect your blessings mahboi

Kazuma-kun2
Mar 5, 2011, 01:12 PM
jeez ur place is terrible for managing stuff lol

FOkyasuta
Mar 5, 2011, 02:45 PM
Life was never ment to be easy. Its rather, a mess.

Kion
Mar 5, 2011, 03:43 PM
I work in Japan. No labor laws here. I work 8 hours at a day; no break (my personal record is 12 hours straight, no eating, no break; moving the entire time). I've gotten used to it, so I wouldn't bitch about minor inconviences.

And Sayara; you're work place looks epic.

Sayara
Mar 5, 2011, 03:47 PM
Someday Im going to make a book of all these wonderful work adventures

Tetsaru
Mar 6, 2011, 01:09 AM
I used to work at Wal-Mart as an unloader/night stocker. We had shit like that happen all the time, and it was always a bitch having to re-organize and clean it all up.

Now, I might have to do it all over again, because I haven't had a job or been in college for over a year now. There's just not much around besides retail or fast-food work, and I sure as hell ain't doing fast-food after what some of my friends have been through with those kind of jobs...

Delete
Mar 9, 2011, 01:36 PM
Like stated, I'd be thankful to have a job period, and you have another plus in the form of it not being fast food. Unless you get the skills you need through college, you probably won't have a job you'll love, you may have some good days here and there but for the most part, a job is a job, not a career...a career is something you have to find and earn.

Powder Keg
Mar 9, 2011, 07:19 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v96/129/48/624145480/n624145480_605958_4001.jpg
[/img]

Am I looking at this right? Was a liquid put into a baler?

Sayara
Mar 11, 2011, 08:08 PM
Yes, some goofball had put YOGURT in the balier. Deep on the bottom; didn't notice it til we pulled it out.

Tetsaru
Mar 11, 2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not sure about now or if other stores did it, but back when I was working at Wal-Mart, every once in a while we had to make these things called "Super Sandwich bales," which used cardboard on the top and bottom, but also used plastic and aluminum cans in the middle. It was always a mess whenever we had to make one; people would put too much of a certain material in the middle and we'd have to unload it, cans that weren't emptied out would leave old, sticky soda all over the floor that would attract flies, and we'd have to mop it up... :nono:

I also remember some dumbass ended up BENDING the top crushing part of the baler, probably from putting something metal inside. Our manager ended up having to order a completely new baler, and we were stuck with a lot of excess cardboard waste for weeks... :disapprove:

Kazuma-kun2
Apr 2, 2011, 08:18 AM
OK another example is i wrote down for holidays for last weekend from Sunday to Wednesday since January and i reminded them again and again when the week came i went to Germany without the holiday pay and they were left stuck for workers from their own fault and now today their asking me in to work on the weekend which is the only days i have off i tried to see if i could make something up to escape it but the only best thing was to tell them i could only make it 5-10 instead of 4-10 *sighs* cant get enough chance to look for a part time course without people taking all the leaflets or the leaflets coming in late for eg. coming in this week when they start the 18th of April.
I wanna do something other than stay in a boring shop wasting my talent away serving other people and i come home at 11 at latest with no time to do anything and to exhausted from dealing with kids.

today i wanted to go out with few friends bring my laptop to get repaired and get new shoes for work which i meant to do ages ago but couldn't because of not being able to get to the shop before it closes (which means im still going around work with worn out shoes that hurt like hell since there's nothing comfortable in the inside), but i get 4 missed calls and a message asking me to come in today....... kind of reminds me when i started off part time and one manager kept calling to to come in to work until i finally said no.

really getting tired of working and not been able to do anything for portfolios for college interviews or getting days off for a part time.
oh and i also wanted to clear off an overdraft before next week but theirs gonna be more money spent at work for food which leaves me with less for tomorrow if i don't get called in again.

ill stop ranting for now so u don't get sick of me

ok to add to this im also called in for tomorow morning like common i cant even get some lie in either and makes me not off till thursday

MESeele
Apr 18, 2011, 05:51 AM
Since this seems to be a thread for collective bad job complaints... I think I'll join in :D

I used to be a fish/ meat cutter at save-on (I say the store because I am anonymous and safe ;) ) for a couple years. Doing a job of a senior but being payed $8.75 compared to their 15/20 and being responsible for all the normal stuff on top. Fish smell never comes out. Took 3 weeks after I left for it to dissipate. Ever spray down a meat saw (basically a glorified band-saw)? There is no way to clean it without the entire stream ricocheting back into your face after hitting a wrong angle. You leave covered in assorted meat chunks. And then getting ready to leave and being lambasted by customers for not wanting to cut lamb bones for them on the saw 5 minutes before I leave (midnight yeeah). Speaking of lamb bones lol, only 3 out of all 16 hires could cut them, since they were notorious for making people vomit on the spot from the smell. This coming from people who deal with bad meat and fish on a daily basis. One guy got locked in the freezer and had to climb the fence to get out of the door on the deli side (one of the so-called handymen fiddled with the push button).

I won't touch on customer service because anyone who has ever had to do it knows all too well. Suffice it to say that I was called aside and chastised for being too happy. Yeah. Apparently a women talked to my manager after feeling that my demeanor seemed falsified. Like my choices were either genuine happiness or being fired lol. Of course it was happy to the point of being scarily so, but that's how I made it though my days lol. Other people wrote up those positive comment cards for the exact same reason too. Can't please everyone/ anyone.

Messed up days off :P?? I would book a month in advance at least (past the schedule) and then notice that it had been ignored. After asking, he'd reply that he'd forgot and that I can't have it off cause a senior said he didn't feel like coming in the day before. His other excuse was that the schedule was full hours wise, he only had the two. This was a common occurrence. Eventually I learned better and called in the morning of. At the very least I was smart enough not to give them my cell number. Home phone + call display = ignored calls and mentions of being out the entire day.

To end on a good note. Cursing was commonplace and eventually ignored by the higher-ups. That and people showing up drunk to work happened often - so I was usually entertained (managers included - haha not even they wanted to work there).

And it eventually ended. That was my favorite day of all :D. For more than one reason Customers can see into the meat cutting room via windows. On my final day cutting just as my time was up I took a bucket of blood, dipped my work jacket (white) in it, and soaked a sleeve. I slammed a couple lamb bones through the saw, then screamed and splashed the bucket against the window and ran out with one of my arms hidden - of course I was waving it around and bouncing off things frantically too (gotta play the part :) ). Hilarity ensued. Final day shenanigans were surprisingly common by people who had worked there long enough, so everyone (in my department at least) seemed to enjoy themselves. Almost made it worth it.