PDA

View Full Version : Mission A Brighter Day 2

psu dan
Mar 5, 2011, 05:13 PM
Can any Fightmaster give me some tips on how to kill the Carriguine and Deljaban while keeping Karen alive. I can complete the mission on time but Karen dies too much. I'm a level 121 male beast and a 20 Fighmaster.

oG Epik
Mar 6, 2011, 12:03 AM
prolly should GAS up and level up get 50 PA's

RANGER 01
Mar 6, 2011, 12:23 AM
get a higher level, get better equipment if you can, level tornado dance and majarra to 50. use majarra on the deljaban and tornado dance on the carriguines. make sure to stick by karen and use star atomizers when she gets to half health.

i did it as:
lv 151 M beast FM
equipment:
42% mukpromoto 7/7
46% light double agito 7/7
cati skill PP save as arm slot (should use an LKK, i couldnt afford it back then)

so my equipment wasnt great, and i wasnt a very high level. i just had TD and majarra at 50 and got lucky with karen.

Axicore
Mar 6, 2011, 12:41 AM
and got lucky with karen.

....wait...wut? O.o

Tyreek
Mar 6, 2011, 01:11 AM
I'm sure someone will give you a better depth analysis on weaponry/armor/strategy, but, I got this video for a reason. Its not an S ranked video, but its good for something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEItxhk0-Wk&feature=related

Take a good look at this. With me, Spiral Dance carried better dps than Tornado Dance. Both level 50. Plus, its far more manipulative. Lure the Deljabans away from the Megid cannon when it decides to come up. Make sure to save your star atomizers for the Carriguines, and if possible, have Ethan do the healing, though seeing how the npcs are crap, that's no guarantee. The Deljabans shouldn't kill her off easily, but if she gets low health, use a star atomizer. By the time a Carriguine pops in, have those atomizers ready. They will attack the first thing that hits them, so grab their attention and lure it away from Karen if possible. She'll follow of course stupidly enough, so make it change direction so she's not in its striking range(hence, why I prefer Spiral Dance). If you can get it to charge at you, you should troll it into a corner at the end of the area. Make sure you take out as many Deljabans as possible, since they are part of the spawning trigger of enemies and push out all of your force on the Carrugines most of all. If you do this correctly, you should only have to fight 2. Also be aware of the trap explosions. If you do not kill off the second Carrugine and remaining Deljabans by the third explosion, you're gonna get a third one with maximum buffs, and you can kiss your S rank goodbye dealing with that one. Karen is literally guaranteed a KO by that thing. Your character is a Beast FM correct? You should have better damage output than a Human FM. Hope this helps.

Juggernaut29
Mar 6, 2011, 06:28 PM
Get a high percent light spear and use due majira on carriguines, tornado dance the first blocks to give yourself extra time

xBladeM6x
Mar 6, 2011, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgg2dValZy4

The quality is from before I had a good Capture Card, so sorry about that. :P

psu dan
Mar 8, 2011, 10:58 AM
prolly should GAS up and level up get 50 PA's

I gased my atp once, Majarra and TD lv 50, and I'm using a 31% 6/6 Rucar+ and a 3/10 34% Mugunburga. I can't afford a LKK, I'm around 17mil short lol.

psu dan
Mar 8, 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm sure someone will give you a better depth analysis on weaponry/armor/strategy, but, I got this video for a reason. Its not an S ranked video, but its good for something.

YouTube - A Brighter Day 2- Rykros (Take 2) Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEItxhk0-Wk&feature=related)

Take a good look at this. With me, Spiral Dance carried better dps than Tornado Dance. Both level 50. Plus, its far more manipulative. Lure the Deljabans away from the Megid cannon when it decides to come up. Make sure to save your star atomizers for the Carriguines, and if possible, have Ethan do the healing, though seeing how the npcs are crap, that's no guarantee. The Deljabans shouldn't kill her off easily, but if she gets low health, use a star atomizer. By the time a Carriguine pops in, have those atomizers ready. They will attack the first thing that hits them, so grab their attention and lure it away from Karen if possible. She'll follow of course stupidly enough, so make it change direction so she's not in its striking range(hence, why I prefer Spiral Dance). If you can get it to charge at you, you should troll it into a corner at the end of the area. Make sure you take out as many Deljabans as possible, since they are part of the spawning trigger of enemies and push out all of your force on the Carrugines most of all. If you do this correctly, you should only have to fight 2. Also be aware of the trap explosions. If you do not kill off the second Carrugine and remaining Deljabans by the third explosion, you're gonna get a third one with maximum buffs, and you can kiss your S rank goodbye dealing with that one. Karen is literally guaranteed a KO by that thing. Your character is a Beast FM correct? You should have better damage output than a Human FM. Hope this helps.

YouTube - Phantasy Star Universe - For Brighter Day 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgg2dValZy4)

The quality is from before I had a good Capture Card, so sorry about that. :P

Would it be better to use a 42%light 7^ Gekitsnata or a 34%light 4^ Mugunburga?

oG Epik
Mar 8, 2011, 02:27 PM
I gased my atp once, Majarra and TD lv 50, and I'm using a 31% 6/6 Rucar+ and a 3/10 34% Mugunburga. I can't afford a LKK, I'm around 17mil short lol.

use cati/power and its all about luck+Timing just watch vids and keep trying grind boost is almost up

psu dan
Mar 9, 2011, 07:19 PM
Me doing my previous run for the Edel Elym," Yay it's just me and the attacked buffed Carriguine and 1 Deljaban..... NNOOOOOOO, I knocked the Deljaban behind the wall WTF!!!! YYYYYYeeeees I killed them both at 9:32 and the Deljaban was glitched behind a wall!! (Walking towards the exit but it's closed) What the hell I killed both Carriguines!! Oh shit no! Another one? I got this. I walk to it and that shit had every buff, attack,, defense, that squiggly, and, worst of all, idk what the other thing meant but it was like a goldish shield thingy.)Karen got killed and I killed it at 11:05 and finished at 11:09 with a B."
Why the hell did that Megaguine spawn when I finished off the attack buffed one before 10:00. I can still beat the mission with that third Carriguine still but why the hell did that one spawn anyway.
When I killed the attack buffed Carriguine a door with boxes in it openned but not the exit and the other Carriguine was there all overpowered and crap.

Tyreek
Mar 9, 2011, 08:30 PM
Chances are.. You glitched that mission lol. You gotta remember though, that ALL enemies, including Deljaban should be defeated. That one that glitched behind the wall probably wasn't counted. As for that open door, it only opens when the buffed Carriguine comes out. Kinda like a cage lol. That gold thingy you saw on it. Probably "King" status, meaning it has all buffs to its stats.

psu dan
Mar 9, 2011, 08:43 PM
Chances are.. You glitched that mission lol. You gotta remember though, that ALL enemies, including Deljaban should be defeated. That one that glitched behind the wall probably wasn't counted. As for that open door, it only opens when the buffed Carriguine comes out. Kinda like a cage lol. That gold thingy you saw on it. Probably "King" status, meaning it has all buffs to its stats.

I think you're right but now I'm mad that I killed everything on time and that one still spawned after I finally would have finished if the Deljaban didn't glitch behind the wall before I killed him.

xBladeM6x
Mar 9, 2011, 08:52 PM
Would it be better to use a 42%light 7^ Gekitsnata or a 34%light 4^ Mugunburga?
42% Light Gekitsnata for sure.

psu dan
Mar 9, 2011, 10:24 PM
I got it already at 9:32, I was trying to race you to do better since I do better when I compete.

oG Epik
Mar 9, 2011, 11:29 PM
Ok so since were on this topic lets say lvl 135 GM (20) or Lvl 135 FM (20) Cast ..

Shot gun bullets all 41+ and fighting PAs are not that great which would be better at my level?

psu dan
Mar 10, 2011, 07:37 AM
Ok so since were on this topic lets say lvl 135 GM (20) or Lvl 135 FM (20) Cast ..

Shot gun bullets all 41+ and fighting PAs are not that great which would be better at my level?
I myself would think Gunmaster is unless you can level your PA's for FM.
I had a 42%Light ugunburga 7/7 and a 6/6 Rucar+ along with Lumirus/Khaos Knight. Since you're a cast you would have better accuracy with it than I did. The mission isn't hard as long as you can kill the second carriguince before 9:56. If you can angle your shotgun right to hit the Carriguine in the 2 spots with each shotgun shot that comes out it should be np.
Just to be safe, make sure you have a maximum of 54 items lol and 10 photon charges/star atomizers.