PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 A question

Tea
Mar 5, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'm still sorta newish here and I still don't know a lot of things, even after reading through almost all the important stuff as a ghost.

I just generally wanted to know if it's allowed for me to post here asking about an edit. It relates to PSP2; I always tend to make backups and have something of an OCD when it comes to incapacitations, so I got kind of irked when I accidentally saved when I acted like a woohoo and got killed stupidly. My backup got corrupted so I was practically screwed. I just needed to know if it's allowed for me to ask here if someone can edit that out of my save.

Again, if I'm being a total nublet, sorry. If this is posted in the wrong section, I also apologize for that. Sorry in advance.

zeital
Mar 5, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hacking is not generally liked around here. I say just get over it, you die in game so what, it’s going to happen more and more when you run online with others and i don't think people will like it if you much keep dropping out just so you can keep your save

Tea
Mar 5, 2011, 09:07 PM
People don't generally complain since I don't actually drop out during a session. I just don't save and continue till everyone leaves if I do happen to get a death. That's when I drop the session.

I have morals y'know.

Chaos Rappy
Mar 5, 2011, 09:12 PM
Unless you've died a lot and didn't want to die more, I couldn't see why this would be a problem, since you need to die at least 10 times to get a title anyways. <_<

raijz
Mar 5, 2011, 09:13 PM
Bring a scape doll, restart, or get your game up. You have a problem with having incaps but you don't have a problem with a hacked save. Some morals you got there.

Tea
Mar 5, 2011, 09:24 PM
It's better than nothing. I could be all over the forums posting "hai can haz twin swords and armors and 999 atk hacked into save plz?!", but I'm not.

I only really posted this because while I was still new to Phantasy Star in general I ended up dying about 70+ times, and that triggered a response to start a new save and go through without any deaths, even if it sacrifices a title. More or less a perfectionist with an obsession to have no blemishes.

But either way...I kinda forgot why we're keeping this going on when I got the answer already.

Ceresa
Mar 5, 2011, 09:29 PM
How is it perfection if you have to reload to make it happen? Isn't that just lying to yourself?

Tea
Mar 5, 2011, 09:31 PM
I guess that's true.

I'm just going to start up my other character and see what goes.

zombiemoshpit84
Mar 6, 2011, 12:56 AM
if you play online tac missions your gunna die... like alot and thats were the best gear drops. best get over it incaps are part of the game. on my main "Ejoty" who is set up as much like a tank i can get him lv 160 Human hunter with all my abilitys geared twards not dying and i still have about 80 deaths and i think thats not too bad. all the time you spend reloading can be time spent on making your char better at surviving.

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 02:44 AM
I haven't died in a while but in the level range of 60 to 100 you're gonna get massively trolled by just about everything. Deal with it.

-Wayu

Milla
Mar 6, 2011, 04:55 AM
If you don't get OHKO from a ninja Diga once in your life, then your doing it wrong. :P

But seriously you're gonna die at some point the best thing to do is learn from it. I still die at lv100 with my force, i suck xD lol.

Linka
Mar 6, 2011, 05:22 AM
...my third-highest character, Kari Lirhana, a RAcaseal basically, hasn't really died much, if at all. then again...i kinda just spam laser cannon charge shots, really. XD!

Tea
Mar 6, 2011, 02:10 PM
Dying can be fun at times I see, and on the whole spamming lasers thing, that's pretty fun :P

...it would be more fun if I didn't extend some pretty useless weapons.

Chaos Rappy
Mar 6, 2011, 03:45 PM
If you don't get OHKO from a ninja Diga once in your life, then your doing it wrong. :P
^****ING THIS.

I can't remember any time where my fun in any area with Diga as a threat wasn't IMMEDIATELY ended by one... I still fear treading into Desert Terror because of it. :<

LarienTiwele
Mar 6, 2011, 06:43 PM
I don't even want to REMEMBER my death count, honestly. In almost all MMOs I've played, within a short span of time, I've wound up labeled "Death Magnet" (In Rag Online the guild leader stuffed all my charas in a custom user group "Death Magnet" case and point) Because I died every 5 sec even on back line jobs. xD

So, Screw going for eternal 0's. if you aim for that, you'd be better off playing offline honestly; this way you could reload saves faster etc, as online it'd be more hastle than it's worth.

------------

Oh and you could probably ask a few of the PSP2'ers here for the conformation as to my love of dying every 5 sec even in PSP2 XD..

Wayu
Mar 6, 2011, 07:13 PM
In PSP2 you WILL DIE.

If you don't you're hax.

In Infinity it's actually hard to die...at least in the demo.

-Wayu

blace
Mar 7, 2011, 12:28 AM
Levels 60 to 100. If you have to constantly back up and reload, then you will accomplish nothing.

That is all.