PDA

View Full Version : sword and axe pa help

Ananias
Mar 6, 2011, 07:44 PM
So I switched to PT and need some help choosing which pa's to level for swords and axes. First off, last my last go-round with psu was in 07-08. Then gravity break and anga redda were straight up standard. Both seemed to have been nerfed and do exactly the same thing. My question: are either worth it? I unknowingly started levelling redda and it seems pretty bad...I'm sure jabroga is still good but is it the only good axe pa? And and which sword pa is best?

oG Epik
Mar 6, 2011, 08:30 PM
Swords-Gravity Break at 21 its so strong-75 PA frags
axes-Anga Jabroga-99 Pa Frags

Start saving those PA frags

Nereid
Mar 6, 2011, 09:12 PM
No Sword PA on Xbox is even worth using, just use Spears instead.
As far as Axes go, Jabroga is the best. But honestly, as a Protranser, guns are much better. Invest some time leveling Grenades, Bows, Lasers, and Shotguns and you will probably find yourself not using skills much.

oG Epik
Mar 7, 2011, 07:48 AM
No Sword PA on Xbox is even worth using, just use Spears instead.
As far as Axes go, Jabroga is the best. But honestly, as a Protranser, guns are much better. Invest some time leveling Grenades, Bows, Lasers, and Shotguns and you will probably find yourself not using skills much.

I feel like gravity break is a good PA lol so strong great got FM's

ulyoth
Mar 7, 2011, 08:53 AM
I will admit that i simply dont use swords at all anymore, gravity break is good but just doesnt seem to have any impact these days. Same for axes really apart from Jabroga. Try Anga Dugreda, and compare it to Gravity break. I imagine Dugreda would be great with a little speed boost and lv 50 pa.

Ananias
Mar 7, 2011, 10:33 AM
Appreciate all the opinions. I'll definitely want to take advantage of my atp as a beast and there's always those gun resistant enemies as well so I'm just trying to find good melee options to pair with my bullets. I'm a little disappointed that the axe and sword pa's got nerfed so bad. They were my favorites as an original pt.

LarienTiwele
Mar 7, 2011, 11:05 AM
Personally, on my PT (Level 58 CAST/10-11PT?) I use mostly guns, but I keep with me, a pair of Sacred Dusters Knuckles (Constant freeze effect) and a Chainsawd with Tornado Break, for the AoE HP restore when coupled with freeze/stun EX.

Otherwise, I stick to shotgun/bow/nades etc as per usual.

Nereid
Mar 7, 2011, 11:57 AM
In about a year and a half the US servers will get a PA rebalance that makes Tornado Break one of the best PAs in the game, so if you really like swords there's that to look forward to.

Ananias
Mar 7, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hmmm...okay. Now is that the update that makes it hit 6 targets on the last hit or did that already happen?

Nereid
Mar 7, 2011, 04:39 PM
It will hit 6-6-6 instead of currently 4-5-6. It's ATP also gets significantly raised.

psu dan
Mar 8, 2011, 10:53 AM
Lol, I remember I was running Innocent Girl like crazy to get Gravity Break since I didn't know it only hits 1 person with the last hit now, and I was mad when I got all the sword and axe PA's but they were way weaker than on youtube.