PDA

View Full Version : Syncesta Hunt

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 7, 2011, 04:39 AM
Hi all,

Playing on the main private server and the drop ID's are different for this item. Anyways here's what ID drops them. Any advice for a good drop rate ID as Tycho's Guide only refers to DC/GC titles and not the private server. Plus I need 2 of them so an ID which won't take all month would be good. I got a feeling it would or could be Oran still but I'm not too keen on making another new character just to hunt one item.

Greenill - Ult. Crimson Assassin
Purplenum - Ult. Shinow Red
Skyly - Ult. Baranz
Oran - Ult. Hildetorr

At present i've been hunting them on Purplenum in ult. Mines on Max Attack B, it's a nice run because I can P Wand hunt in Caves prior to hunting in Mines but I'm always looking for a quicker more efficient way to do things. :rolleyes:

Tifa

ulyoth
Mar 7, 2011, 09:08 AM
I believe the Oran drop is the best im afraid, from what i remember rare enemies nearly always have good drop rates, i doubt they changed the drop. However you obviously cant telepipe for them. Id just keep doing what youre doing if you want other things also.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 7, 2011, 10:14 AM
Hiya,

Yeah I had a feeling it would be :( Anyways thanks for the reply.

Tifa

Dongra
Mar 7, 2011, 12:37 PM
The drop charts and rates on that server for episodes 1 and 2 are the same as the GC charts and rates with the exception of bosses. As far as Syncesta hunting goes, Oran seems to be the best to work with.

TrueChaos
Mar 7, 2011, 01:08 PM
Syncesta has a 1/22 drop rate from Torr

ulyoth
Mar 8, 2011, 09:38 AM
Syncesta has a 1/22 drop rate from Torr

True, but isnt the chance of a rare enemy around 1/512? If its online they cant use the telepipe trick. Adding those together is pretty bad. Try looking at the other drop rates for the GC, singular enemies like the baranz tend to have slightly better drop rates. Test it out.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 8, 2011, 10:35 AM
True, not the best drop rates, but i'm sure they're better than the one i'm trying on Purplenum off Shinow Red. And not much is as bad as hunting P Wand with a 1/200 drop rate off rare lillies. But I remember Redria has hildetorr drop for Iritista, took about 20-30 Forest Of Sorrow Runs to find one Iritista, usually a torr spawned once every 4 or 5 runs...thus I was lucky, very lucky to find one so quick. I made an oran FO last night and she's level 25 atm so I should be hunting for Syncesta's by the weekend :)

Is the 200 PD price tag on psowiki even feasible? I heard people talking on forums nowadays that they think an Iritista should sell for around 200...I sold mine for 100 worth of stuff oO I can't tell if prices are going up or down, some people seem to think alot of stuffs value is declining but the very rare stuff seems to be going up.

Tifa

Dongra
Mar 8, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hunting Hildetorr's is still the best way to go about obtaining Syncesta. The rate is roughly around that of a Skyly Baranz drop if you take the rare enemy rate into account. Not to mention, hildelt hunting, or forest hunting in general, is going to be faster than hunting baranz in mines, and chances are you will find Hildetorr's more frequently than the given 1/512 rate. As far as the prices go on that server, trying to understand the economy is the equivalent to getting rammed in the ass by multiple assailants. I honestly have no idea how some of the people come up with the prices there, so I usually just put up the rare items in an auction and throw up a list of items I want. The bidder to bid my most desired item or items wins, and I end up satisfied.

Broken_L_button
Mar 8, 2011, 12:14 PM
As far as the prices go on that server, trying to understand the economy is the equivalent to getting rammed in the ass by multiple assailants.

This man speaks the truth.