PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 beginner questions

Loom
Mar 7, 2011, 05:59 AM
hello
i just startet playing PSP 2 (EU version)
i would like to know if their are known problems by using the japanese dlc
im a lil bit nervous that it will corrupt the savegame or that their will later be problems when importing the savegame to psp2 infinity (when its relesead in EU)

at all is it worth it? like is it easier to obtain rare itmes or is leveling faster then in regular missions?

i have another question...
is their someting to know when playing online?
for example in PSO it was risky to give away guild card coz of hackers....
i already gave away my partner card to some guys but i guess thos where noobs like me...
some info would be nice and thx in advance :)

RenzokukenZ
Mar 7, 2011, 06:12 AM
Well, there is no known info of the JP DLCs causing harm to US/EU games, and seeing as the game has been out for roughly 7 months now, its safe to say that it is safe.

And yes, several DLC missions offer some nice rares such as the MAX missions and JUMP. For experience, Gemaga has been known for a good mission to farm EXP and most importantly Type points.

As for online, well there are many threads around here that talk about the dangers and warnings of hackers online, so the quick rundown is this;

*Only play with friends
*Take caution when joining a game if the host is level 200
*For the most part, host your games
*Stay in parties that are around your level
*If you THINK you've been hacked while in someone else's game, leave and do not save!

Hopefully this info will aid you in the future.

Milla
Mar 7, 2011, 06:23 AM
hello
i just startet playing PSP 2 (EU version)
i would like to know if their are known problems by using the japanese dlc
im a lil bit nervous that it will corrupt the savegame or that their will later be problems when importing the savegame to psp2 infinity (when its relesead in EU)

at all is it worth it? like is it easier to obtain rare itmes or is leveling faster then in regular missions?

i have another question...
is their someting to know when playing online?
for example in PSO it was risky to give away guild card coz of hackers....
i already gave away my partner card to some guys but i guess thos where noobs like me...
some info would be nice and thx in advance :)

Theres nothing wrong with using the dlc what so ever, check out the link below for all the Info you need!

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Playing_Japanese_DL_missions_on_US/EU_PSP2
And, there is some pretty decent weps and exp to be found with theses missions. ^^

About hackers, giving out your partner card is fine you only can get hacked if you join a hacker lobby. From my experience most hackers are lv200 so i would suggest avoiding most lobby's that are hosted by a lv200, im not saying all 200s are hackers in fact i've met some very cool legit ones.

If a 200 joins your lobby ask for there card, if there kill count is less than 90k then there prob a hacker. Oh an one tip to give for online play is to chain high!

Loom
Mar 7, 2011, 06:35 AM
thx for the info.
this will help a lot
im going to downlaod the dlc then.
but when i delete the dlc later will the weapons i obtained from dlc missions still be in my inventory?
and does the savegame still works after deleting the savegame and bringing the game back to "normal"?

oh.. how do i recognize that i got hacked?
can they delete my savegame or sth liek that?

Milla
Mar 7, 2011, 06:42 AM
thx for the info.
this will help a lot
but when i delete the dlc later will the weapons i obtained from dlc missions still be in my inventory?
and does the savegame still works after deleting the savegame and bringing the game back to "normal"?

You're welcome ^^

I dunno what happens if you delete the dlc so cant answer that. but if you join a lobby and the exp is crazy in a non urgent mission, or rares are dropping every single kill then you're in a hacked lobby best thing to do is press you're home button on you're psp and just restart the game so it doesnt save.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 7, 2011, 06:42 AM
If you delete the DLC afterwards, you should still have all your weapons and stuff in your possession. It will only remove the missions, and nothing more.

As for hacks, if you're in a party with a host and you either start seeing many high leveled rares dropping from every enemy, or you level up 20 times from killing one enemy, or you level up to 200 from one kill, or if after the mission you get max level on Type points, then you've been hacked. If you save while hacked, your game will keep the hacked effect, until it inevitably corrupts and you lose everything.

Of course, this can only happen if you are not the host. If you host and a hacker joins your team, it won't affect you.

Wayu
Mar 7, 2011, 06:43 AM
To be on the safe side, however, it's best to blacklist all hackers you meet and/or know of.

-Wayu

narizon
Mar 11, 2011, 01:55 PM
Hello guys! How is life, good enough? I have a typical newbee question! How does it work when you compare weapons in the shop/store? What are the numbers I must take under consideration when I want to get a better weapon? Is it the first ones or the ones between parenthesis? Please help! On PSO the best weapon was easy to recognise, but here it is something else! Thanks in advance! Cheers!

LK1721
Mar 11, 2011, 07:40 PM
Hello guys! How is life, good enough? I have a typical newbee question! How does it work when you compare weapons in the shop/store? What are the numbers I must take under consideration when I want to get a better weapon? Is it the first ones or the ones between parenthesis? Please help! On PSO the best weapon was easy to recognise, but here it is something else! Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Depending on your class/weapon you'll be looking at different stats to compare. To answer your question, though, the stat OUTSIDE of the parenthesis is what the weapon's stat is. The one INSIDE the parenthesis is what it increases your stat to.

IE:
ATK 497( 1009)

That would mean that the weapon's attack power added to my own equals to 1009 attack.

For most weapons like guns and striking you'll see ATK [power of the weapon] and ACC [accuracy of the weapon] if you are looking at technic weapons you'll see the TEC [technique] stat.

I hope this helped a bit!

zombiemoshpit84
Mar 11, 2011, 07:52 PM
thx for the info.
this will help a lot

iv deleted the dlc before because all of the trade missions become JP and i couldnt read em. all the gear i had from the dlc remained intact. i re downloaded the dlc and everything is still ok. it seems safe enuf. as for the hack question. if you lv to 200 in one kill back out and dont save. if your blast gauge stops filling back out dont save. the best advice tho is to copy back up data often just incase. this came in handy when i saved after extending a wep i had second thoughts about. i back up my data every 10 lvs or when i find a really good item. do the same and you will be A OK. welcome to pso world!

To be on the safe side, however, it's best to blacklist all hackers you meet and/or know of.

-Wayu

also this ^. i had a few partner cards from hackers they all had lv 200, and all bosses killed 1000 times even the rare bosses. i blacklisted em and deleted there cards.