View Full Version : Your PSO "Hell No!" Moments

Mamimi-San
Mar 7, 2011, 06:50 PM
This is the opposite of Alex's Thread
Mine
-Getting killed at dragon at lv. 10

Dongra
Mar 7, 2011, 06:58 PM
Logging on only to find out that the only games that are up are TTF and episode 4 MA4C.

Mamimi-San
Mar 7, 2011, 07:25 PM
Logging on only to find out that the only games that are up are TTF and episode 4 MA4C.
I know how you feel!

FOkyasuta
Mar 7, 2011, 07:28 PM
Pepole who come then go.

Mamimi-San
Mar 7, 2011, 07:38 PM
-When you join a friends team made up of him and 2 others including you. Then not playing for a long time lose contact with him.. you go online your the only team mate...

Dongra
Mar 7, 2011, 07:47 PM
When it comes to forming a team you really need to make sure that there is stability, especially when it comes to the founding members. Successful teams are usually forged by players that have been, and intend to, continue playing the game for a long time and usually have plenty of time on their hands. Once the team has a dozen or so members that are on daily, then you can just start inviting anyone to join and hope it works out for them.

Mamimi-San
Mar 7, 2011, 07:49 PM
When it comes to forming a team you really need to make sure that there is stability, especially when it comes to the founding members. Successful teams are usually forged by players that have been, and intend to, continue playing the game for a long time and usually have plenty of time on their hands. Once the team has a dozen or so members that are on daily, then you can just start inviting anyone to join and hope it works out for them.
Those two people who where in the team played allot DX and since they where friends i became sad XD

Galax
Mar 7, 2011, 07:58 PM
FOmar below lv10
vs Dragon
I do really well.
He lands.
The shockwave kills me.
And he still goes through the death animation.
Really now...

Also, not a Hell No moment, just something really fun I did that doesn't really fit with the topic.

Multi-client PSOBB to have 6 characters with the same name in the same lobby at the same time :D

Mamimi-San
Mar 7, 2011, 08:01 PM
FOmar below lv10
vs Dragon
I do really well.
He lands.
The shockwave kills me.
And he still goes through the death animation.
Really now...

Also, not a Hell No moment, just something really fun I did that doesn't really fit with the topic.

Multi-client PSOBB to have 6 characters with the same name in the same lobby at the same time :D
lol i had two computers once and I got a guy character and a girl character and made them ask each other out and then they both said yes lol. somebody went lol in the lobby XD

Galax
Mar 7, 2011, 08:04 PM
lol i had two computers once and I got a guy character and a girl character and made them ask each other out and then they both said yes lol. somebody went lol in the lobby XD

Haha, yeah, I've done those kind of things before; It's really amusing.
I think I once did a setup where I made it end up like Soul Calibur and games like it; I started up a battle mode game and had two lv1 characters. One of my friends did the same thing, also with lv1's, obviously. We then proceeded to see who would outlast the other. He got me pretty good, but eventually, I ended up "killing" his first char and getting his second very close. The amusing part? While it looked bad for him, I launched my last Foie at the same moment he landed a killing blow on me. Neither of us "won"; Both of our character sets had been killed.

Mamimi-San
Mar 7, 2011, 08:07 PM
Haha, yeah, I've done those kind of things before; It's really amusing.
I think I once did a setup where I made it end up like Soul Calibur and games like it; I started up a battle mode game and had two lv1 characters. One of my friends did the same thing, also with lv1's, obviously. We then proceeded to see who would outlast the other. He got me pretty good, but eventually, I ended up "killing" his first char and getting his second very close. The amusing part? While it looked bad for him, I launched my last Foie at the same moment he landed a killing blow on me. Neither of us "won"; Both of our character sets had been killed.
lol where getting off topic lol

Sienna
Mar 7, 2011, 08:55 PM
Realizing that there are no games up whatsoever
Going on your main account to check if it has been rolled, but no dice
PD

Yeah

Broken_L_button
Mar 7, 2011, 09:01 PM
Getting sniped by a Meri from another room. Quite interesting how these flowers break through the AI's limitations.

Mamimi-San
Mar 7, 2011, 09:05 PM
Realizing that there are no games up whatsoever
Going on your main account to check if it has been rolled, but no dice
PD

Yeah
rolled?

Dongra
Mar 7, 2011, 09:52 PM
I'm guessing rollback.

Mamimi-San
Mar 8, 2011, 12:05 AM
I'm guessing rollback.
whats that even mean? i googled it but nothing much

Dongra
Mar 8, 2011, 12:25 AM
To return something to a previously saved state. Someone usually has their account rolled back if it gets hacked and is severely damaged. The account will be restored to a point when the server was last backed up, so someone could lose progress if the server isn't backed up regularly. Still better to lose some progress than all of it.

Mamimi-San
Mar 8, 2011, 12:31 AM
To return something to a previously saved state. Someone usually has their account rolled back if it gets hacked and is severely damaged. The account will be restored to a point when the server was last backed up, so someone could lose progress if the server isn't backed up regularly. Still better to lose some progress than all of it.
Ok thanx

sCI
Mar 8, 2011, 01:53 AM
--First time I corrupted. At a time when I played this game hours a day, it still got me "off it" for two or so months. Really disappointing.
---------------
--When I decided to start playing BB. Realized that after ~7 years of advancement on GC, all for it was for nothing--every weapon I spent hours and hours looking for, all of that insane(to me) leveling, all of the personal tweaks to my characters and how I used them--, and all of that achievement meant nothing since I had to start from nil all over again.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 8, 2011, 06:57 AM
Spamming Forest of Sorrow for Iritista, decided to then do 1 game in team, and of course Iritista drops, and I get floored by an enemy and someone runs over me n picks up iritista before i have time to get up. This and many other ill fortuned Ult events mean I never ever play in teams on Ult. again. I don't need to, I can solo it all nowadays and I just hate my bad luck in team based events on Ult.

Oh and selling equips in shops, common problem of mine, nowadays I set my fluids at top of screen to prevent it from ever happening again.

Tifa

TrueChaos
Mar 8, 2011, 02:31 PM
getting surrounded and then slapped to death with no chance of escape

Mamimi-San
Mar 8, 2011, 04:43 PM
-just entered a S>room with a wep i want figuring out that there was just a noob in there saying he left >.>

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 8, 2011, 05:19 PM
I had been raising a chao mag for a while, all the stats approximately equal and i got them all to 25, not knowing that it would evolve into Rati if that happened, and it evolved into Rati, i didnt know if that meant i couldn't evolve it with a mag cell so leveled it to 35 in all stats, and it didn't work with the chao heart and i was excessively sad...

Mamimi-San
Mar 8, 2011, 05:24 PM
I had been raising a chao mag for a while, all the stats approximately equal and i got them all to 25, not knowing that it would evolve into Rati if that happened, and it evolved into Rati, i didnt know if that meant i couldn't evolve it with a mag cell so leveled it to 35 in all stats, and it didn't work with the chao heart and i was excessively sad...
omg same thing! happened to me

chrisramar
Mar 9, 2011, 11:24 AM
the 1 and only time i got memery card corrupted
at the time i had only 1 character at lvl 60
wasnt too bad

Ithildin
Mar 9, 2011, 11:44 AM
Some dude FSOD the lobby back in the old days of PSOGC. It was the first time I had it done to me and I had no idea about banking your weps and such like. Gutted.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 10, 2011, 06:34 AM
Oh I almost forgot. First time I went online on PSO Dreamcast I joined my second ever game with my level 40 something RAcast and got NOL'd : /

Fun times

Tifa

GCoffee
Mar 10, 2011, 11:23 AM
When some guy called HackerDevil or so entered the party and everyone left except me, who decided to believe in humanity's kindness and that the name might just be a joke.

No, I got Bernie'd.

AlexCraig
Mar 10, 2011, 04:22 PM
When the server I was playing on died... Biggest Hell No to date with me.

Mamimi-San
Mar 12, 2011, 06:56 PM
gc turned off when I got the pwand...

Aerilas
Mar 12, 2011, 07:20 PM
When the server I was playing on died... Biggest Hell No to date with me.

This....:-(

Also, my 5+ corruptions which made me give up hope.

bns1991
Mar 12, 2011, 08:38 PM
My moment is when I was in the CCA on multiplayer ultimate w/ some friends. You know how you have to take a warp in the mountain to get to the other side of the wall to get to the gibbles? Well.....The Gibbles draws back and hits me and kills me. He must have hit me really hard because I ended up on the side of the wall where the warp was. I'm sure it was a glitch, but it happened to my brother too.

bns1991
Mar 12, 2011, 08:42 PM
This....:-(

Also, my 5+ corruptions which made me give up hope.

My data corrupted a few times. Instead of formatting my memory card, I turned off the system, removed the memory card, and blew into the card. I never had a problem with it again. ^^;

Divinewargod
Mar 13, 2011, 08:43 AM
Finally finding a Love Rappy by random chance on my HUnewearl Skyly, then killing it only to get a Trap vision. I haven't been able to find another one since then and I've been telepiping for hours after hours trying to get that damn HEART OF POUMN.

Dongra
Mar 13, 2011, 01:08 PM
If you plan on seriously using that weapon then prepare for disappointment.

LK1721
Mar 13, 2011, 07:20 PM
When I first learned that the Lillies on Ultimate shot Megid.

Ellemayne
Mar 16, 2011, 08:05 AM
Spending 3 days trying to lvl a FoNewearl only to find nothing but Foie/Resta/Deband the entire time and wanting to kill that damned dragon at lvl 20 finally.

darkante
Mar 16, 2011, 11:29 AM
People whining that i should start up TTF even though i absolutely despises that quest since i overplayed it (like most people).
Then they leave if i donīt.

I mean, there are plenty of title named parties with TTF on top.
GO THERE! D:

AlexCraig
Mar 16, 2011, 11:43 AM
I hate when that happens too. You know what is worse? Those people asking to TTF when you AREN'T EVEN IN EPISODE I! I mean, TTF isn't even in Ep4!

darkante
Mar 16, 2011, 11:48 AM
I hate when that happens too. You know what is worse? Those people asking to TTF when you AREN'T EVEN IN EPISODE I! I mean, TTF isn't even in Ep4!

Haha, yeah agreed. Might be good for them to think a bit.

Broken_L_button
Mar 16, 2011, 01:05 PM
People whining that i should start up TTF even though i absolutely despises that quest since i overplayed it (like most people).
Then they leave if i donīt.

I mean, there are plenty of title named parties with TTF on top.
GO THERE! D:

Sort of a love-hate relationship for me;

If I really want to do something else, it annoys me when people ask that, but if I'm just doing aimless area runs and fooling around, but still don't want to do the quest, I usually end saying something like:

"What? TTF? Throw Towels Faster? Sorry, never heard of that quest, son. You should lay off the Sol Atomizers. They're making you see things. Bad things."

The induced ragequitting still bring me it's fair share of laughs afterwards.

AlexCraig
Mar 16, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hah! That's awesome XD

Raikomaru
Mar 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
I hate opening a trade room and having people come in and ask if we can do TTF......BR, I swear.......

Mamimi-San
Mar 16, 2011, 05:49 PM
I was playing GC earlier and I died on normal at lv. 90 oh HELL NO

Ellemayne
Mar 16, 2011, 06:12 PM
Oh, I have another. Getting killed by the dragon as he falls dead -_-

Mamimi-San
Mar 16, 2011, 06:17 PM
Oh, I have another. Getting killed by the dragon as he falls dead -_-

I bet this happened to half of the pso population lol8-)

Robert_Garcia
Mar 31, 2011, 08:51 PM
Being in the middle of an AWESOME boss battle to suddenly have your controller flip out during crucial moments.

FOkyasuta
Mar 31, 2011, 11:18 PM
Accidently dropping the keyboard making it type CRTL + ALT + BACKSPACE.

レッドファンタシースター
Apr 2, 2011, 02:40 PM
Accidently dropping the keyboard making it type CRTL + ALT + BACKSPACE.
geez that sucks!

Ellemayne
Apr 3, 2011, 08:15 PM
OMG A RED! "Photon Drop"

DragonXGW
Apr 3, 2011, 10:10 PM
This is a very very very oldie...

back on the original DC episode 1 I had built up a character to nearly level 100, my first character.

and then I accidentally deleated my file while clearing off some space on my memory card. x.x That has always been my bigged "hell no!" moment.

I couldn't bring myself to touch PSO again for years until I picked it up for the GC...

same thing happened there >.< only this time the character was in nearly lvl 150 in ultimate mode...

didn't touch the game again until a few days ago. I'm being VERY careful now. I've got one memory card DEDICATED to PSO and ONLY to PSO.

third most moment would be when I found out what type of game episode 3 would be... in fact I can remember my exact words.

"To hell with that! I'll just read about the story of the game online!"

spires
Apr 5, 2011, 02:41 PM
4 varistas in one trip -_-

Ellemayne
Apr 5, 2011, 03:36 PM
Ok here is my most recent one. Dreamcast.

You finally get to mines on Normal. You find the pillar and drop a Telepipe then finish the level. See the Closed ruins door and port back. Head to Telepipe to click on Pillar but NO! It's gone. So you go to Forest-Cave To get the pillars. When you arrive at mines you notice all the items are still on the ground but you have a full map and restored level. When you get to the pillar there is your telepipe still standing there.

Robert_Garcia
Apr 6, 2011, 05:15 PM
OMG A RED! "Photon Drop"

I freaking hate that... XD

レッドファンタシースター
Apr 27, 2011, 06:00 PM
Was I just B!+ĐH slapped by a Booma? D:<

DragonXGW
Apr 27, 2011, 10:24 PM
When I first got into Very Hard mode and saw how fast those Pal Sharks moved. Oh HELL no!

I ran my butt back outta the room and set myself up with spells to kill them from range.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 10:59 PM
Putting Telepipes in the Quicksand holes*Exactly in*at Subdesert 3

Split
Apr 27, 2011, 11:32 PM
Both times I deleted level 100+ characters by accidentally switching off my Gamecube. I recall saying something a little more vulgar than "hell no," though. Sad times...one of them was a FOnewm, and it had been a bitch getting him that far (mostly because I suck w/ forces).

Fullmetal Muffinman
May 25, 2011, 05:22 PM
Beating a Boss on Ultimate and Getting Mesta =.=

joshboyd1209
May 25, 2011, 07:41 PM
Beating a Boss on Ultimate and Getting Mesta =.=
What's wrong with getting a TON of meseta?

SStrikerR
May 26, 2011, 12:13 AM
What's wrong with getting a TON of meseta?

Meseta is ridiculously easy to come by, and is fairly worthless unless you:

Use charge a lot.
Are a big mag feeder.
Are low leveled/a force who needs to buy fluids.

You can make more money selling the armors in the boss boxes than the boss itself gives you.

EvilMag
May 26, 2011, 12:21 AM
Getting PD'd by Olga Flow when I was PGF hunting.

Zeal
May 26, 2011, 01:26 AM
Finally finding a Kusanagi on BB only to have the servers roll back. There goes 3 weeks of searching. :/

Qwandri
Jun 10, 2011, 03:56 AM
Being assaulted by photon drops, varistas, and DB's sabers at low levels.
That and having to wait two nights to find out if I did end up corrupting my data.

HUmar Darkedge
Jun 13, 2011, 03:54 PM
My "Hell No" moment happened 2 years ago. I was up at 11:48pm playing PSO when I thought of to change the colors of my Humar through Dressing Room option. Payed 10g of meseta, changed costumes end of story. But All of my character slots were full so I tried to see what other characters i didn't pick would look like. So I go on recreate On my Humar(He was lvl 115) chose couple classes, resetted the game to go back to menu. But you know, there are many people in this world who get their senses all off when they are tired and sleepy. So I did recreate again on my Humar, chose a HUnewearl. But then when I thought I pressed the reset button, I pressed the "A" button by accident when I was on the OK option after the Name Input.
And so after these years, I was stuck to play as a Greenil HUnewearl on my GC.
I think I have an Image of my Yellowboze Humar. May he rest in peace. *Moment of silence*. Anyways, now my HUnewearl is lvl 130, along with new friends of the group:
Wakashi - lv 94 HUmar. "The reincarnate of my holy Humar" Skyly
Memoru - lv 67 FOnewearl. Whitill
( ) - lv 84 RAcaseal. Viridia. (I sorta forgot her name, and I can't find the game to review it).

gordon/alpha999
Jun 21, 2011, 03:21 PM
-My hell no moment- Getting megid 4 times in a roll.

pure resolve
Jun 22, 2011, 02:18 PM
When my Very first hildetorr i see kills me with megid and i had deposited my scape dolls 5 minutes later =[

gordon/alpha999
Jun 23, 2011, 12:38 AM
When my Very first hildetorr i see kills me with megid and i had deposited my scape dolls 5 minutes later =[

Frozen shooter is it's kryptonite 8-)

Phinalphantasy
Jul 1, 2011, 08:52 PM
Makin new characters with some friends and runnin Caves. Lv12 Humar, Lv8 Ramar, Lv11 Ramar.
Finally marching our Fail Parade to De Rol Le, where the two Ramars die almost instantly and I fight a half hour long battle, break his mask off, then have his purple ball attack critical hit and 1-shot my Humar. It was way more heartbreaking than it sounds.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 2, 2011, 01:05 PM
Leveling up a character ten levels (mind you he was at level 171 from 161) and finishing at 1am only to be to tired to forget to save.

I pressed the shut off button on my GC, because, by instinct I assumed I saved since I did it all the time in the past. nope.
and after I pressed that shut off button it occurred to me... "ffffffffffffff-"

SStrikerR
Jul 3, 2011, 12:44 AM
Leveling up a character ten levels (mind you he was at level 171 from 161) and finishing at 1am only to be to tired to forget to save.

I pressed the shut off button on my GC, because, by instinct I assumed I saved since I did it all the time in the past. nope.
and after I pressed that shut off button it occurred to me... "ffffffffffffff-"

You leveled 10 times in one sitting on GC? What did you do, abuse kings?

darkante
Jul 3, 2011, 02:31 AM
Wow...in one day?
Iīm impressed...shame on the latter part.

レッドファンタシースター
Jul 6, 2011, 06:47 PM
That sounds pretty hardcore! XD

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jul 12, 2011, 09:37 PM
well, i just had one, i was playing through a quest on BB with a few others, and there is a room where upon entering the other doors are locked, we had forgotten about this so 2 of us were locked in a hallway while one person was thrown to the wolves and killed immediately, whereupon nothing opened and we came to terms with the fact that we had simply failed the quest, which was annoying beyond all imagining

KodiaX987
Jul 12, 2011, 09:42 PM
1) From The Depths
2) Get wtfpwned with spread needle equipped
3) Ash dies
4) Get kicked out of quest
5) Weaponless

sCI
Jul 12, 2011, 11:46 PM
^DAMN. That sounds like you're playing DC too.