PDA

View Full Version : iPad2

Ryno
Mar 7, 2011, 07:59 PM
Is it worth getting the Ipad 2? compared to the 1st one? I got the 1st one a year ago. but thinking if i should upgrade?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/

Thinner, lighter, and full of great ideas. Once you pick up iPad 2, it’ll be hard to put down. That’s the idea behind the all-new design. It’s 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter, so it feels even more comfortable in your hands.2 And it makes surfing the web, checking email, watching movies, and reading books so natural, you might forget there’s incredible technology under your fingers.

raijz
Mar 7, 2011, 08:19 PM
Every year apple releases better versions of their products. Is it worth it to upgrade year after year?
Edit: I'm keeping my original ipad. The camera is probably shitty like the ipod touch 4g.

Raikomaru
Mar 7, 2011, 08:30 PM
So it's thinner and lighter...wow, and 'other stuff'. This is why I stick to good products for reasonable prices.

joefro
Mar 7, 2011, 08:49 PM
Same screen resolution = Not a worthy upgrade

Xefi
Mar 7, 2011, 08:54 PM
if you got money to burn, go ahead. :3

FOkyasuta
Mar 7, 2011, 09:00 PM
Boreing, Just like that other new game thats all the rave now!

Split
Mar 7, 2011, 09:09 PM
More like Ipad2EARLY! LOL

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Apple?

amtalx
Mar 7, 2011, 09:57 PM
Aaaand this is why I never buy Apple products.

McLaughlin
Mar 7, 2011, 10:58 PM
Wait another six months for them to announce one that's half a millimetre thinner with a third camera and more lack of Flash support.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 8, 2011, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't bother: phones do internet, laptops do internet, heck consoles do internet and of course PC's do internet, so why get an ipad as well? Apple over-charge people with yesterday's technology today, but gift wrapped in fancy looking exterior to con people into thinking it's space age. I don't get the huge marketing campaign for it, internet tablets have been out for years yet so many "technology reviewers" are somehow under the false pretense that apple have somehow created the first ever internet tablet....

But it's got a die hard fan base as many things do. But it's a gimmick, after a few months of use you may well wonder why do I have one. Plus a lot of these are tied into contracts, I wouldn't bother with it because the novelty will wear off.

Tifa

Akaimizu
Mar 8, 2011, 09:43 AM
The iPad 2 may be something you can hold off for a while. Just like any computer, laptop or anything, there's always the upgraded model just a year afterwards. The only difference? Apple has a smaller amount of models and makes a big announcement for each. It's a marketting thing.

Apple products are nice, for what they're intended to run and also command the highest sell-back value to other customers. It just matters if their stuff matters much? Being a creator of stuff, and a composer does give me more bang for the buck than someone who doesn't share similar needs. Thing is, all of the current software (including the OS) is made to run very well on iPad1. If you know how to buy them, you also know how to avoid upgrading too quickly. Of course, if you get good sell-back on your iPad (which is easy to come by), the upgrade would cost you very little.

The upgrades do sound significant, but like the mentality used to build them, it's really only the user experience that matters. I'm more excited for the stuff I don't or barely have to pay for, which wont require an iPad 2 to run. Heck, even the iPhone I waited 4 generations before I felt it did something significant enough to warrant a purchase. Of course, it also took some new knowledge of the savings I actually would get (due to work) after I upgrade. So in comparison to my old payments, I actually would get my cost in the phone itself paid back to me. So instead of buying a phone, I technically bought a lower costing plan.

Don't forget iPad 1 has a huge saturation in the market. That delays software that requires a Dual Core to run efficiently by about a year or so. Otherwise, anything and everything should run snappy.

Zarode
Mar 8, 2011, 05:46 PM
Buy a Chrome Cloud laptop. :T

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 30, 2011, 10:09 PM
Aaaand this is why I never buy Apple products.

so true.

McLaughlin
Mar 31, 2011, 02:48 AM
Totally worth the necro.

Did anyone here actually buy one? I was stunned that people were actually lining up at the Eaton Centre to buy them, then laughed when they got kicked out by mall security and had to wait four hours in -20 C weather to be let back in.