PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Digital Download Not Usable!!

Bttf1987
Mar 8, 2011, 09:29 PM
I cant play the psp2 i downloaded for $42.79 and had to buy the UMD version so i can play the reason for this is i supposedly had 5 activations already and i called sony on march 6 and they said i would receive an email in about 2 days saying that it was done and i would be able to activate and play the digital download but i still cant and to no avail no email does anyone know what can be done because its obvious i am never gonna get my activations back and the game is useless $42.79 down the drain, i emailed sony about it and requested a refund does anyone know what i can do if this issue cannot be resolved because i am not throwing my $42.79 out the window like this. I would appreciate any help and advice thank you.

Signed,
BTTF1987

GreenThunder
Mar 8, 2011, 09:36 PM
Unfortunately for you, Sony will not do a refund, no matter what the condition (I say this from experience and a nearly 3 hour call with multiple calls over a span of a week).

Have you tried activating your account a lot since then? If you actually do that, your account will lock you out for a while. Maximum time frame for that is about 72 hours. It happened to me as well. If they did fix the problem with the 5 activations, then your best bet right now is just to wait that time period out patiently and see if your account lets you activate it then. If you still can't log in after a period of time, contact Sony again and ask them about the issue. The key is to be persistent if they can't find a method to help you. It helped me in this situation too.

Bttf1987
Mar 8, 2011, 09:46 PM
i will try thank you

Bttf1987
Mar 8, 2011, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately for you, Sony will not do a refund, no matter what the condition (I say this from experience and a nearly 3 hour call with multiple calls over a span of a week).

Have you tried activating your account a lot since then? If you actually do that, your account will lock you out for a while. Maximum time frame for that is about 72 hours. It happened to me as well. If they did fix the problem with the 5 activations, then your best bet right now is just to wait that time period out patiently and see if your account lets you activate it then. If you still can't log in after a period of time, contact Sony again and ask them about the issue. The key is to be persistent if they can't find a method to help you. It helped me in this situation too.

i even told them i would contact consumer affairs about it if they dont i mean i was mad but i guess we all make mistakes lol but still its the principal of it. And no i havent tried activating the psp since then no worries there lol.

GreenThunder
Mar 8, 2011, 10:03 PM
Well, at first they seem like just a bunch of a-holes behind the desk, but if you get the right person they tend to work with you, so I'm sure something will happen.