PDA

View Full Version : Force Mag Question

Jinketsu
Mar 13, 2011, 04:40 PM
While the topic is open (and forgive me for being naive) would a Force focus on a stricly Mind-based Mag or would anything else play a good factor into a Force's mag bonuses?

Ketchup345
Mar 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
I've made this a new topic for you.

Casting FOrces can go either as much Mind as possible, or if you desire a special/rare Mag, you can go 50/0/0/150. If you don't care about the Mag's looks or abilities, and don't take too many hits, go with as much Mind as you can do while maintaining your sanity (while nearly Mind only mags are possible, they may be very difficult to make).

Dongra
Mar 13, 2011, 05:42 PM
It depends on what kind of force you are using and whether or not you plan on using melee weapons or techs only.

Jinketsu
Mar 13, 2011, 06:08 PM
So a Sato isn't exactly the best route to take for a Force. Damn cat, I just have to have one!!

Dongra
Mar 13, 2011, 06:34 PM
Wait, what's wrong with Sato?

Jinketsu
Mar 13, 2011, 07:00 PM
Don't I have to get a bunch of DEX in order to get Sato? If a tech-only Force wants to hit the weak spot for massive damage wouldn't it need as much Mind on its mag as possible?

Dongra
Mar 13, 2011, 07:05 PM
Oh, right. You're going full mind mag. Yeah, I would think that a celled mag would be best for that. Hell, if you can get a console kit you can go for 195 mind so long as you don't mind sacrificing Photon Blasts.

Ketchup345
Mar 13, 2011, 08:04 PM
Sato may not be the absolute best (based off pure MIND), but using Auracom's Sato guide, a Sato is possible with 50/0/0/150. Not perfect for a Force, but still very good with high Mind.

The only issue is finding a way to raise Def and Mind without anything else. It is possible, if I recall correctly I did that a few times years ago, I just forget how.

Jinketsu
Mar 13, 2011, 09:35 PM
If you're talking about the Mag guide section for Eps 1/2/4, then the Sato on his guide has at least 45 DEX at the point of evolution... I guess I'll have to do my own tests.

osbourne
Mar 14, 2011, 11:02 PM
I've made three normal mind mags (185 mind, 15 defense). Be prepared to spend a long time raising the thing because until level 35 (I think) you're going to be feeding it primarily monofluids. Monofluids do not provide very large bumps to any stat and only meager bumps to mind and defense.

In short, you're going to be sick of it way before it's done.

Ketchup345
Mar 14, 2011, 11:14 PM
If you're talking about the Mag guide section for Eps 1/2/4, then the Sato on his guide has at least 45 DEX at the point of evolution... I guess I'll have to do my own tests.Yes, You have to figure out the method to change the DEX to DEF, but you'll end up with a 50/0/0/150. This will likely be much slower than the DEX method.

Aerilas
Mar 15, 2011, 05:09 AM
oh please don't put 50def on a mag ><

Jinketsu
Mar 15, 2011, 06:21 AM
In terms of a Force, what's DEX got over DEF if you really want a Sato?

Broken_L_button
Mar 15, 2011, 10:56 AM
The DEX allows you to fall back to using certain weapons more efficiently (Mahu/hitogata/double sabe with hit for TP recovery, most beatstick weapons) while the Def...Yay, 10 less damage when hit. Even more useless when you consider your high level S/D/J/Z already makes you nearly invincible.

EDIT: Def is also too slow to raise on a MAG.