PDA

View Full Version : Sega's Unfair Treatment to US players

Orochinagi
Mar 14, 2011, 12:03 AM
I think that it's sooooooo F'd up how we pay the same amount of money as them (if not more cuz of XBL), and still have to play a game that is a year and a half behind just because I live in the US. I bare with it only because I've been a loyal fan to the series for almost 10 years. There aren't many games of this caliber to switch to. I don't understand their thought process is with this or their business ethics. We should have more equality or at least better updates and support.

Amaury
Mar 14, 2011, 12:04 AM
'Kay!

In before lock.

BIG OLAF
Mar 14, 2011, 12:05 AM
This is old news. Everyone knows it already. It will never change. Sorry to say. Blah blah, yadda yadda.

Dongra
Mar 14, 2011, 12:32 AM
We should have more equality or at least better updates and support.
We should, but it's never going to happen.

Orochinagi
Mar 14, 2011, 12:54 AM
I just hate that we have to have that attitude. I've even though about the results of having a strike. But even then, I feel that they would probably just shrug their shoulders and cut the servers off lol

Also I looked at the GM's scheduling. They only work two days out of the week for three hours! Wtf? They can't be taking this game (their job) seriously. They probably log on, go to see if ppl are in the Pavilion of Air, log out and go back to playing dumb @ss Black Ops

ashley50
Mar 14, 2011, 01:49 AM
tell us something we do not know yet.

pokefiend
Mar 14, 2011, 02:19 AM
Also I looked at the GM's scheduling. They only work two days out of the week for three hours! Wtf? They can't be taking this game (their job) seriously. They probably log on, go to see if ppl are in the Pavilion of Air, log out and go back to playing dumb @ss Black Ops

well i heard that edward plays WoW

Corey Blue
Mar 14, 2011, 02:34 AM
This is why I'm not spending my money on them.Do the smart thing,and don't play the game.(Wait for PSO2,I doubt PSU will catch up to japan before it closes down.)

Orochinagi
Mar 14, 2011, 03:25 AM
Yea but PSO2 looks like its gonna be PC only. I have a PC more than capable of running it but I like the fact this series online was available on the consoles. Feels more like a "game" to me when I'm playing in my living room instead of my office. Plus having XBL parties and ish just made it feel more like home. Now its gonna feel like I'm going to work. I really hope they change this.

Tetsaru
Mar 14, 2011, 06:36 AM
Trust me, I've ranted so many times about this, and to no avail, other than getting my posts censored, pissing the community off, and getting my PSOW account temporarily banned from the PSU forum... :rolleyes:

Although supposedly Sega was going to focus on more updates to the 360 servers once PC/PS2 was out of the picture (which still kinda pisses me off why they couldn't just merge our servers somehow), there doesn't seem to be any significant changes. I don't play on the 360 servers, but I can tell the game's still in bad shape over here because of the constant topics about people STILL spamming the hell out of White Beast... and I already posted my thoughts about that here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2611017&postcount=37) and here. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2611096&postcount=41)

As for PSO2, we know that it's going to be for PC, but we don't know whether or not it will be on PS3 or 360 either. My gut's telling me it will; I can't find the thread at the moment, but if I recall, there was mention of Sega hiring for positions that were familiar with PS3/360 programming. PSO and PSU were both multiplatform, anyway. Also, since the PS3 and 360 are both from the same console generation, I doubt there'd be nearly as much difficulty in managing each port. The PS2 seriously held back a lot of PSU's updates due to no hard drive support on the newer slim models - part of which most likely contributed to this whole "Japan has more stuff than we do" debacle, along with Microsoft having to approve everything beforehand.

And about the "playing in living room vs. office" thing... I don't see why people get so bent out of shape over this. Modern HDTV's and computer monitors aren't all that different. If you've got HDMI or DVI ports on both your PC and TV, you should be able to hook them up together. And there ARE ways to hook up console controllers to your PC as well, and you can just put the keyboard in your lap. My only concerns would be cord length depending on your room's setup, and how you'd use your mouse, if necessary. I'm sure it can be done though.

Wiz10011
Mar 14, 2011, 09:05 AM
Trust me, I've ranted so many times about this, and to no avail, other than getting my posts censored, pissing the community off, and getting my PSOW account temporarily banned from the PSU forum... :rolleyes:

Although supposedly Sega was going to focus on more updates to the 360 servers once PC/PS2 was out of the picture (which still kinda pisses me off why they couldn't just merge our servers somehow), there doesn't seem to be any significant changes. I don't play on the 360 servers, but I can tell the game's still in bad shape over here because of the constant topics about people STILL spamming the hell out of White Beast... and I already posted my thoughts about that here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2611017&postcount=37) and here. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2611096&postcount=41)

As for PSO2, we know that it's going to be for PC, but we don't know whether or not it will be on PS3 or 360 either. My gut's telling me it will; I can't find the thread at the moment, but if I recall, there was mention of Sega hiring for positions that were familiar with PS3/360 programming. PSO and PSU were both multiplatform, anyway. Also, since the PS3 and 360 are both from the same console generation, I doubt there'd be nearly as much difficulty in managing each port. The PS2 seriously held back a lot of PSU's updates due to no hard drive support on the newer slim models - part of which most likely contributed to this whole "Japan has more stuff than we do" debacle, along with Microsoft having to approve everything beforehand.

And about the "playing in living room vs. office" thing... I don't see why people get so bent out of shape over this. Modern HDTV's and computer monitors aren't all that different. If you've got HDMI or DVI ports on both your PC and TV, you should be able to hook them up together. And there ARE ways to hook up console controllers to your PC as well, and you can just put the keyboard in your lap. My only concerns would be cord length depending on your room's setup, and how you'd use your mouse, if necessary. I'm sure it can be done though.

Wireless, I bought a adapter awhile ago for my PC that its a USB wireless receiver and it will connect with the xbox 360 wireless controller. There was some problems with the triggers being axles instead of buttons and games not supporting axles, But you can download a unsupported driver to make the PC register them as buttons just no longer are considered axles.

Got the device for about $20, But this was a long time ago, The pc didn't recognize the controller when i tried to hook it up to the PC with the recharging wire.

And for the mouse/KB, if you're concerned about those wires you can also get a wireless KB and mouse.

Yea i quit PSU awhile ago (like about 3 months after the expansion came out) because of the late updates and all of that.

Akaimizu
Mar 14, 2011, 02:20 PM
It also depends on the game. If made for the PC, it needs to support text with proper font and resolutions to show on an HDTV.

Case in point. My mistake on trying this very thing with Sacred 2. One of the bigger reasons I also picked up the 360 version. The game was unplayable with output to HDTV because the text became unreadable no matter what resolution you tried to set it at. And in a german RPG like that, where there's a major importance on a number of verbose of stat screens, that's a game killer right there. The 360 version, on the other hand, was doable, though. So yeah, there are some things when written with just Monitors in mind, don't translate well.

KodiaX987
Mar 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
If you dislike the way Sega treats you, cancel your subscription. Cash speaks louder than forum posts.

Fox2Tails
Mar 14, 2011, 07:22 PM
Ehh...you should try being a EU player

MetaZedlen
Mar 15, 2011, 01:49 PM
OH LOOK GUYS! IT'S THIS THREAD AGAIN!

Nitro Vordex
Mar 15, 2011, 02:01 PM
I came here expecting original content.

Nope.

Kylie
Mar 15, 2011, 04:31 PM
At least you still have a server... I could play on XBL, but it seems like a lot of trouble for something probably not worth it. I think I'm better off waiting for PSO2 or whatever other MMO catches my interest (TERA?).

ShinMaruku
Mar 15, 2011, 05:55 PM
Tera is awesome

Kylie
Mar 15, 2011, 08:44 PM
TERA looks nice from what I've seen. Definitely must give it a try.

Orochinagi
Mar 19, 2011, 12:58 AM

I agree with most of what you mentioned as well. As for my "office vs living room" speel, my fiance likes to lay up with me while I play PSU or any game in general. She likes to see me downstairs in the social area my "4th floor" if you will. I don't blame her because I feel secluded in my office. I got nice comfortable furniture down there too. Not some big leather cpu chair that sticks to my ass while I do tedious runs lol

Orochinagi
Mar 19, 2011, 01:01 AM
If you dislike the way Sega treats you, cancel your subscription. Cash speaks louder than forum posts.

Read original post again. Not an option.

OH LOOK GUYS! IT'S THIS THREAD AGAIN!

Oh look! You read this post again!

ashley50
Mar 19, 2011, 03:40 AM
just...
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1282608459637-1.gif[/spoiler-box]

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 19, 2011, 06:08 AM
BOOURNS.

Kenbog
Mar 19, 2011, 08:07 AM
Isnt it obvious?
SEGA doesn't invest to much money into this genre outside JP because they think it would never be successful.

We never get those 2 classic games that came out on the GG, we never get the 2 sega ages remakes.
They fucked up pso epi3 and then fucked up blue burst both by lack of attention, then head on PSU and now PSPo2 as well; we will never get the dlc which have 40% of the best weapons in the game, we didn't got any acted dialogs besides the one from the cut-scenes and last but not least is that all phantasy star games are extremely limited in stock in Europe.
The only games they did right where the classics!
oh wait, doesn't that Lutz guy from PSII look like with Noah from PSI?(sigh yes...they fucked up translation from the start)

Every game are extremely good games but the localisation department are obvious not interested on doing a good job.

KodiaX987
Mar 19, 2011, 09:48 AM

Is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to pay for a sub?

Orochinagi
Mar 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
Is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to pay for a sub?

Again... Read the original post. If I wanted to just quit, I wouldn't be wasting my time on this forum.

Dongra
Mar 19, 2011, 02:35 PM
I quit, and I'm still here.

MetaZedlen
Mar 19, 2011, 04:51 PM
Oh look! You read this post again!

u mad?

KodiaX987
Mar 19, 2011, 05:31 PM
Again... Read the original post. If I wanted to just quit, I wouldn't be wasting my time on this forum.

I did, and false. Here's what I get out of your OP:

You've been playing PS for ten years and you're kind of realizing just now that the series has moved in a way you're not comfortable with. This is pushing you out of your comfort zone but you somehow feel compelled to keep playing and paying out of one part nostalgia and one part that this might all just be a bad dream and things will fix themselves given a bit of time. At this stage, I could either apply an Armchair Psychologist tag on my forehead or I could tell you I pretty much had the same relationship with Sonic The Hedgehog. The only difference being: I did not buy any of the DC Sonic games and onwards, and looking back, I'm pretty glad I took that decision.

Think about it in a cold way. Are you getting your money's worth? Is the experience you get out of the game a justification for what you pay for it so far? Compound the cash you poured into that venture - after 50, 100, 200 dollars, are you comfortable with what you've gotten for this amount of cash? Have there been content updates and patches at a high enough rate to make you feel like the end result has enough value in your eyes?

There is no obligation being forced on you. There is no reason to play if you can't find any reason to play. There are many cases where even the creme of the crud is still far from good enough, and that's one of those cases right here as far as I can tell. If you dislike the business process enough that you're having second thoughts about your gameplay, then do yourself a favor, save your cash and cancel that sub. They ask you for a reason? Great, do it, tell 'em you don't like being so far behind the Japanese content updates. They don't? Send 'em an E-Mail afterwards, annoy them about it, and go seek your purchase somewhere else. It's not gonna take out your right to come here and post - hell, I haven't played any PS game in something like two years and I still check out the news flashes around the neighborhood.

Would be damn cool if PSO2 can help reverse the vapor, but I'm not exactly holding my breath for it.

And if it indeed fails to live up to my expectations, then I won't let nostalgia or false hopes get the best of me. I have other games that I can play, and if I feel they are more worthy of my time and attention than whatever PS game, then hell, that's what's gonna happen, end of story.

Orochinagi
Mar 19, 2011, 10:49 PM
I did, and false. Here's what I get out of your OP:

You've been playing PS for ten years and you're kind of realizing just now that the series has moved in a way you're not comfortable with. This is pushing you out of your comfort zone but you somehow feel compelled to keep playing and paying out of one part nostalgia and one part that this might all just be a bad dream and things will fix themselves given a bit of time. At this stage, I could either apply an Armchair Psychologist tag on my forehead or I could tell you I pretty much had the same relationship with Sonic The Hedgehog. The only difference being: I did not buy any of the DC Sonic games and onwards, and looking back, I'm pretty glad I took that decision.

Think about it in a cold way. Are you getting your money's worth? Is the experience you get out of the game a justification for what you pay for it so far? Compound the cash you poured into that venture - after 50, 100, 200 dollars, are you comfortable with what you've gotten for this amount of cash? Have there been content updates and patches at a high enough rate to make you feel like the end result has enough value in your eyes?

There is no obligation being forced on you. There is no reason to play if you can't find any reason to play. There are many cases where even the creme of the crud is still far from good enough, and that's one of those cases right here as far as I can tell. If you dislike the business process enough that you're having second thoughts about your gameplay, then do yourself a favor, save your cash and cancel that sub. They ask you for a reason? Great, do it, tell 'em you don't like being so far behind the Japanese content updates. They don't? Send 'em an E-Mail afterwards, annoy them about it, and go seek your purchase somewhere else. It's not gonna take out your right to come here and post - hell, I haven't played any PS game in something like two years and I still check out the news flashes around the neighborhood.

Would be damn cool if PSO2 can help reverse the vapor, but I'm not exactly holding my breath for it.

And if it indeed fails to live up to my expectations, then I won't let nostalgia or false hopes get the best of me. I have other games that I can play, and if I feel they are more worthy of my time and attention than whatever PS game, then hell, that's what's gonna happen, end of story.

Not what I was saying, but to keep it simple, put it in the perspective of if it were a child of yours was getting bad grades in school. I don't wanna give up on him and I just want him to get better, that is all. I'm more than aware that this post has been created in multitude. I just wanted to see how others felt about it. A discussion if you will. I'm also a developer and I've played many other games and don't really have a comfort zone. Negative thoughts on what to do is always easier than thinking postive of these things. I opt of the latter. As for PSO2, I hope the same. Cash is never an issue and quitting won't help anything. If I wanted to do that, I would've done so. A situation like this I would have to be forced out of. True fan. P.S.- Suggesting for someone to quit is probably how at least half of the dimished. Its not good for the population lol

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2011, 05:56 AM
Hard to say. You usually just have to see if it is worth it to you. It's not like the lop-sided support suddenly started post PSO. I mean, it was there since PSO Dreamcast, before the Gamecube players even came into the fold. Still, everybody seemed to be more or less happy with it. Maybe they were just less aware of what they were missing, that's all.

Heck, many of you became fans in the first place, while you played a game missing out on much Japanese-only content. So in a way, this is more of the typical than the exception. Even with certain changes, I would say that PSZero and PSP2 (as entire packages) had the smallest division of content between east and west.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 20, 2011, 06:28 AM
I think one of the major reasons why it was largely overlooked on PSO, wss due to the fact that there was so much to do for so long. From day one there was a seemingly endless amount of content to explore, and in my case I didn't start getting bored with it for years.

Then along comes PSU. Fun? Yes, but very little content, and very little added at any given time. Add to that the fact that it is a completely different format of play style than PSO was, it caused a lot of players to start crying "why?"

Personally I don't really care about the "lack of support" anymore (tho I used to". Once I get bored of it I will stop playing and that will be that. I finally came to the realization that Sega does not intend to give more support, and honestly, why should they? Regardless of the lack of service, ppl still pay to play it.

If everyone had just stopped playing shortly after the game came out, then MAYBE they would have changed their ways. But not after 5 years.

Outrider
Mar 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
Not what I was saying, but to keep it simple, put it in the perspective of if it were a child of yours was getting bad grades in school. I don't wanna give up on him and I just want him to get better, that is all. I'm more than aware that this post has been created in multitude.

You might be taking your relationship with this video game series a bit too seriously.

It is just a bunch of video games. I can understand being attached to a favorite game series, but you can always (and should) give it up if it is not satisfying you. You have no personal responsibility to these games. Phantasy Star will not feel bad if you decide to quit. It will not look around with tears in its eyes and say, "What happened to Orochinagi? Why doesn't he write anymore? Do you think he doesn't love me anymore?"

What I'm trying to say is that this is most certainly a case in which it can be given up.

Dongra
Mar 20, 2011, 02:42 PM
Not what I was saying, but to keep it simple, put it in the perspective of if it were a child of yours was getting bad grades in school.
You may want to pull that kid out of school because he certainly isn't going anywhere. I still think KodiaX987 hit the nail on the head on this one. This seems like a case of nostalgia for a game series that you don't want to see fail.

Randomness
Mar 20, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hard to say. You usually just have to see if it is worth it to you. It's not like the lop-sided support suddenly started post PSO. I mean, it was there since PSO Dreamcast, before the Gamecube players even came into the fold. Still, everybody seemed to be more or less happy with it. Maybe they were just less aware of what they were missing, that's all.

Heck, many of you became fans in the first place, while you played a game missing out on much Japanese-only content. So in a way, this is more of the typical than the exception. Even with certain changes, I would say that PSZero and PSP2 (as entire packages) had the smallest division of content between east and west.

Well, it helped that the JP DLC missions worked on US games.

Orochinagi
Mar 21, 2011, 04:11 AM
You might be taking your relationship with this video game series a bit too seriously.

It is just a bunch of video games. I can understand being attached to a favorite game series, but you can always (and should) give it up if it is not satisfying you. You have no personal responsibility to these games. Phantasy Star will not feel bad if you decide to quit. It will not look around with tears in its eyes and say, "What happened to Orochinagi? Why doesn't he write anymore? Do you think he doesn't love me anymore?"

What I'm trying to say is that this is most certainly a case in which it can be given up.

Look, yes, I know I can become a gay prostitute as well. I want to play, I play and will continue to play. There is no question about that. This post wasn't "should I quit". You guys with these "just jump off a bridge" comments are fairly annoying. There are ppl out there that just want things to be even better. That is all. If you don't have anything that contributes to the fact of sharing the same pain and patting on the shoulder or coming up with a solution or recent news of a "brighter day" in psu, then it is NOT on the same page that I am on.

Orochinagi
Mar 21, 2011, 04:12 AM
You may want to pull that kid out of school because he certainly isn't going anywhere. I still think KodiaX987 hit the nail on the head on this one. This seems like a case of nostalgia for a game series that you don't want to see fail.

Seems like negativity to me. Don't have children please.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 21, 2011, 06:16 AM
Look, yes, I know I can become a gay prostitute as well. I want to play, I play and will continue to play. There is no question about that. This post wasn't "should I quit". You guys with these "just jump off a bridge" comments are fairly annoying. There are ppl out there that just want things to be even better. That is all.
WOAH

woah woah woah

[spoiler-box]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8212/842aaf5265eb41b8e434ccauq7.jpg

Maybe you didn't mean to go there, but analogy backfire so you're probably not the expert on the other guy's child analogy here and there probably wasn't a need for the insult when you don't even know that dude.[/spoiler-box]

If you don't have anything that contributes to the fact of sharing the same pain and patting on the shoulder or coming up with a solution or recent news of a "brighter day" in psu, then it is NOT on the same page that I am on.
You were not the first to notice unfair treatment in the PSU. Nor is this a group therapy forum for our poor souls.

Wise up is all everyone's saying.

Sega sees a paying customer, thank you for your subscription. They will continue to provide the same service with not many changes to make it more worth your money and time. You've never showed them its not worth your money by not paying/playing anymore. Even if there was a beeline to Japan's ST office by anyone's suggestions on this side of the world, what incentive do they have to improve things if people will continue to buy a License to play on their servers irregardless of quality (of updates)?

No, you don't have to put up with it and continue down an emo spiral into gay prostitution, even if it 'was never about the money' in the first place. But to sit there and take it is some other kind of abuse, maybe why we have this smiley on this forum:

:bondage:

Craziness aside, things won't change. They -doubly so- won't change if nobody does anything. Again the example was to hope for a PSO 2 that doesn't follow the previous PSU PSP2 models. There is that game from Sega ST coming after PSU, you know, even if they're not really telling us anything either.

Kids getting neglected, in addition to being held hostage by overseas, hold out minimum service/sustenance xenophobes. [spoiler-box]]I'm a monster with that last one, better donate some to Japan, or else those SEGA Nagoshi producer gangstas can come shake me down for it, HEAT powered up and everything...[/spoiler-box]

Delete
Mar 21, 2011, 06:34 AM
PSU got a few years outta me (2 to be exact). I figured that was satisfying enough. If your trying to get some kind of long term value out of just a single game, then you need to understand nothing lasts forever. People who still play this game religiously should be happy that their still doing anything at all for this outdated game.

This isnt a negative comment, I loved PSU back in the day. But Even the newer so called content is just reskinned stuff for the most part with different stats. AT this point, I believe they ran out of ideals.

Dongra
Mar 21, 2011, 11:45 AM
I think you are reading too deep into my post. If the game continues to disappoint then it should be dropped was what I was getting at. If you like the game enough to justify paying for it, even to this day, then keep on doing that. However, making a thread on here about what has already been discussed, this thread is old news, clearly isn't going to make a bit of difference.

Orochinagi
Mar 21, 2011, 09:54 PM
This is why I reframe from posting on here. I'll just go back to reading things on here. The maturity level of some ppl just destroy communities and communication on things like this forum and this game. You are a prime example of why a large amount of ppl solo or play with mics off and such. Why do ppl that don't even play this damn game feel the need to come on a forum and... I give up on you ppl.

Mod, please close the thread.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 21, 2011, 10:05 PM
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand! - Homer Simpson

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
This is why I reframe from posting on here. I'll just go back to reading things on here. The maturity level of some ppl just destroy communities and communication on things like this forum and this game. You are a prime example of why a large amount of ppl solo or play with mics off and such. Why do ppl that don't even play this damn game feel the need to come on a forum and... I give up on you ppl.

Mod, please close the thread.

I saw no immaturity from anyone in this thread, besides your posts. Remember this little gem? Here:

^Yes, that was totally mature and called-for. But, feel free to over-exaggerate and subsequently blow everything out of proportion. People tried to help, and give reasonable answers (such as Outrider and Kodia), but you refused every one of them.

Oh, well. That's all I had to say. You're now clear to continue your ragequit.